[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

THX!

@Everyone, that version is beta and not yet released, I plan to update the Mods with ES patches tonight.

Step 1 enables the ME for being flashed, step 2 flashes a modded ME, EC & BIOS.

It is essential for step 1 to have the PSU connected, otherwise it won't flash the ME.

All bios version will ES patches?

And can you help me, my system is using UEFI bios, and now i´m not getting the USB boot because is a UEFI system, so the pen drive it´s necessary to use GPT files, but... how can i do that?

THX!

@Everyone, that version is beta and not yet released, I plan to update the Mods with ES patches tonight.

Step 1 enables the ME for being flashed, step 2 flashes a modded ME, EC & BIOS.

It is essential for step 1 to have the PSU connected, otherwise it won't flash the ME.

You got a working ES patch!?!?!?! So I'll no longer have to enter a command in BITS each power-on?

hi khenglish nice to meet you, i was told by premna u experience similar to me when u rasie the bclk the max fps gets affected, do u know a way around this or solution??? i want to raise reference clock in xtu without the fps being affected

All bios version will ES patches?

And can you help me, my system is using UEFI bios, and now i´m not getting the USB boot because is a UEFI system, so the pen drive it´s necessary to use GPT files, but... how can i do that?

Only P-EMs get updates the rest (P57 & W-series) don't have Clevos bug...

Disable UEFI to boot from USB, after the flash re-enable all settings. (UEFI works now without Win8 mode anyway on the Mod)

You got a working ES patch!?!?!?! So I'll no longer have to enter a command in BITS each power-on?

Your CPU is a different story, but I have something to try for you, too...it worked for the same stepping CPU on HM.

Only P-EMs get updates the rest (P57 & W-series) don't have Clevos bug...

Disable UEFI to boot from USB, after the flash re-enable all settings. (UEFI works now without Win8 mode anyway on the Mod)

Damn.. i´m feeling stupid here! :shame2: thanks for tip...

But i´m will wait until tomorrow to get the fixed version for P-EMs.

tks!

Damn.. i´m feeling stupid here! :shame2: thanks for tip...

But i´m will wait until tomorrow to get the fixed version for P-EMs.

tks!

NP man, also I have an EM and I am using the vl7 vbios and the Prema v2 bios no issues... I don't know of any fix needed as of now, can you clarify it to me. All that I know is an issue with ES processors... Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Prema,

Changelog mentioned Intel HD oROM update with fixes, but I didn't notice any changes?

I can't test HDMI audio so not sure if there were problems before, but brightness control did work for me previously.

And my external monitor works the same as before - only after Windows boots, but not in pre-boot screens & bios.

Edit:

Just found much more important issue - EC in v2 appear not to spin up GPU fan aggressively enough. GPU temp allowed to reach 85 degrees, then it starts throttling (680M throttles above 85) and FPS drops, but temp still goes even to 86.

Have not noticed it with 1.0.4, so just flashed it back and confirmed it - GPU fan audibly spun to same speed at about 82 when it was with 86 with v2. So with 1.0.4 temp capped at 83-84, didnt reach 85 and didn't throttle.

So I am back to 1.0.4 since GPU performance is much more important...

I have P151EM btw. Is it possible that v2 uses fan profiles from 17-incher?

The Intel HD oROM is now the latest IB version, which without having all these modifications done you would now have all those issues mentioned.

The P150EM uses the same v11 EC as before...(btw, we tested the use of P170EM ECs and people complained about more noise)

Wierd. Something else must affect it then since it was immediately noticeable in Kombustor stress test... Something inside ACPI/EC code maybe.

I'd choose more noise over throttling every time.

Ah, I see about Intel oROM, but what improvements does this newer version actually give you? Surely it should have provided something to be worth hassle modding/solving these problems? ;)

Thanks for the great work!

Fans are only controlled by the EC on the Clevos...if you changed from FN+9 to FN+1 keyboard there maybe a difference...

The EC gets direct temp readings from hardware senors and controls fan voltage accordingly.

If a BIOS is set to control the fans, like other manufactures are doing it then the BIOS can of course adjust the fans, but the Clevos don't use it.

Here the SSDT only watches power states of the CPU/GPU and controls their re-actions to them.

Ok, I can't explain then :)

BTW I had same (worse) throttling with stock BIOS, that's one of major reasons why I started using Prema since 1.0.3, so I immediately notice when it becomes worse, heh.

Is it possible that 1.0.4 for 151EM actually used EC from 17-inch model so more noise but better cooling?

The EC gets direct temp readings from hardware senors and controls fan voltage accordingly.

If a BIOS is set to control the fans, like other manufactures are doing it then the BIOS can of course adjust the fans, but the Clevos don't use it.

Here the SSDT only watches power states of the CPU/GPU and controls their re-actions to them.

So prema, can i flash the P170EM Bios on my P150EM to get more speed from the fans?

Ok, I can't explain then :)

BTW I had same (worse) throttling with stock BIOS, that's one of major reasons why I started using Prema since 1.0.3, so I immediately notice when it becomes worse, heh.

Is it possible that 1.0.4 for 151EM actually used EC from 17-inch model so more noise but better cooling?

v1.0.3 used a different EC...

So prema, can i flash the P170EM Bios on my P150EM to get more speed from the fans?

If you want the noisier/higher fan you guys don't have to flash the whole P170EM BIOS, just flash it's EC with:

afudos P17E1712.PM2 /E /X /SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4

EDIT: OP updated also with ES CPU FIX versions for P370EMx.

Updates Complete!

ENJOY! :)

hey anyone with p370em and unlocked xtu, is the reference clock affecting overall fps???? i have tested and can see that it only appears in some games example world of warcraft,diablo 3 , for e.g i oced to 103.5 mhz and max fps is 58fps not 60fps like in other games and normal... can someone see if this issue can be duplicated or if there is any fix

games tested that do still have 60fps after playng with blck: call of duty balck ops 2, guild wars 2

games that are affected: wow, diablo 3

hey anyone with p370em and unlocked xtu, is the reference clock affecting overall fps???? i have tested and can see that it only appears in some games example world of warcraft,diablo 3 , for e.g i oced to 103.5 mhz and max fps is 58fps not 60fps like in other games and normal... can someone see if this issue can be duplicated or if there is any fix

games tested that do still have 60fps after playng with blck: call of duty balck ops 2, guild wars 2

games that are affected: wow, diablo 3

Does it look like you're not getting 60 fps? Do you see stutter? It might be that fraps or whatever you are using to record fps is wrong while your fps is fine.

nope no stutter and i used in game not fraps to measure fps. i mean as soon as i put it back to 100 mhz the 2 games i can see that are affected go back to being 60 fps.. not all games do that though the ones i have tested codbo2 dosent and guild wars 2 doesnt either they are all good.

prema mentioned u experienced something similar??? have u??? bcoz i would b worried if noone else has this problem

nope no stutter and i used in game not fraps to measure fps. i mean as soon as i put it back to 100 mhz the 2 games i can see that are affected go back to being 60 fps.. not all games do that though the ones i have tested codbo2 dosent and guild wars 2 doesnt either they are all good.

prema mentioned u experienced something similar??? have u??? bcoz i would b worried if noone else has this problem

You're not having a problem. What's happening is your FPS counters are poorly coded and measure time based on number of cpu cycles. When cpu cycles happen faster due to raising bclk, they measure less than 60fps.

The games where you don't have this "problem" have properly coded timing that uses the real time clock and not cpu cycle count.

You would be getting stutter if you really were getting less than 60 fps. Use fraps or something to measure fps. Fraps tracks time properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have tested the new bios with the p170em fans and the p150em fan profiles

Yes the p170em had lower temps cause the fans were on 90% of the time, even when word processing but the p150em fan profile was much better for noise and temps were no different to the p170em under load where it counts.

I think the people saying it overheats with the p150em are either OCD about temps or have overclocked it, cause before this bios you were using the p150em fan profiles and didnt complain then.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic