[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Thanks for the inspiration...I came up with something last night and it will be implemented into the next version of the Mods.

Can we expect something new for P150EM?

I am working at like 10 projects at the same time right now, so yeah at one point... ;)

Thanks for the inspiration...I came up with something last night and it will be implemented into the next version of the Mods.

:cool: i'm excited to see the new splash... and of course, new improvements too!

Maybe finally we will see new BIOS for P170HM from you Prema, of course if fix yours P170HM3 :) Don't forget about old very good and well known HM series.

I second that for the P150HM series too :-)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm grateful you have taken the time to do these bios mods. I look forward to using one on my p570wm setup. The stock clevo bios is so BLEH!

Yaeh the P570WMx was a huge amount of work, took me like two weeks to get it straightened out, CPU Turbo didn't work on Xenom CPUs, Overclock didn't work on others, all RAM was limited to 1600Mhz or even 1333Mhz in some cases, the PCIe speed was throttled to 1.1x and the list goes on and on...the extra BIOS Options are just a cherry on the cake. ;)

Thanks Prema for your awesome bios.

I just have one question is it possible to switch the FN key with the Windows key manually?

I have the Win 7 keyboard and would like to switch the FN key to the left side.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Prema for your awesome bios.

I just have one question is it possible to switch the FN key with the Windows key manually?

I have the Win 7 keyboard and would like to switch the FN key to the left side.

Keep up the great work!

That would require a different EC and the only EC that does that is because it lacks proper detection for older keyboards.

EDIT: I made and attached a special Key-Swap Version for you. (Mind that Full Fan Mode in this version is on FN+1 instead on FN+9)

ENJOY! ;)

OP updated with ME Firmware v8.1.40.1416 incl. a nice little Windows installer.

ENJOY!

P150EM_17_11_PMv1.0.4-KEY_SWAP.zip

Dear Sir, what excellent work you have done on these bioses! Finally my beloved P170EM can join the full-fan club and with extra bells and whistles too! I have however a request/suggestion... Is it possible to adjust the keyboard layout ourselves? I have replaced the stock keyboard with a SteelSeries and the Fn layout is all screwy... I'd love to fix that. post-7916-14494995464074_thumb.jpg

Yaeh the P570WMx was a huge amount of work, took me like two weeks to get it straightened out, CPU Turbo didn't work on Xenom CPUs, Overclock didn't work on others, all RAM was limited to 1600Mhz or even 1333Mhz in some cases, the PCIe speed was throttled to 1.1x and the list goes on and on...the extra BIOS Options are just a cherry on the cake. ;)

Man, you're not kidding!!

Dear Sir, what excellent work you have done on these bioses! Finally my beloved P170EM can join the full-fan club and with extra bells and whistles too! I have however a request/suggestion... Is it possible to adjust the keyboard layout ourselves? I have replaced the stock keyboard with a SteelSeries and the Fn layout is all screwy... I'd love to fix that. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7738[/ATTACH]

I am afraid to get it to match the Steelseries Layout is beyond my current skill-set...

Hi prema,

I wanted to know whether you can flash this bios over on a stock clevo p150em, 1.02.17 ec, 1.02.11 and then flash the stock back. Is the method straightforward or some extra steps involved. Wanted to try out a few things.

Aren't there manufacturers that use this exact keyboard and have their EC adjusted for this?

Not afaik, Steelseries was offered only by vendors as a second choice because it's nice and works, but Clevo never made it an official option.

Hi prema,

I wanted to know whether you can flash this bios over on a stock clevo p150em, 1.02.17 ec, 1.02.11 and then flash the stock back. Is the method straightforward or some extra steps involved. Wanted to try out a few things.

Sure that's what we are doing here, just use Mod and stock from here or my blog and you are good as it flashes matching versions in one go.

ENJOY! :)

Incredible work, thank you so much!!

Is there any possibility of an EC mod to change the default keyboard LED color on the P150EM? As far as I can work out, changing the KBLED colors (in software) is done by making an ACPI call and toggling reg/green/blue on and off by sending a 0/1 for each of the 3 keyboard sections (left=0, middle=4, right=8). The clevo software that does this, "hotkey" is a bit intrusive in my opinion as the only reason I have it installed is to set my keyboard to the light blue/aqua color, and even to do this basic task it installs a service that constantly stuffs rubbish into the windows event log, and takes over the management of power profiles etc.

I'd happily donate for such a mod, if possible :)

I installed the BIOS Mod for the 150EM model, and I'm really enjoying it. One thing that I have noticed is that the BIOS splash screen pops up twice before the computer boots. At first, I thought something went wrong with the update, and the BIOS was looping, but it always goes through the screen twice, and then boots normally. It's not a big deal at all. I just found it odd.

The mod is awesome. Awesome job, Prema.

I installed the BIOS Mod for the 150EM model, and I'm really enjoying it. One thing that I have noticed is that the BIOS splash screen pops up twice before the computer boots. At first, I thought something went wrong with the update, and the BIOS was looping, but it always goes through the screen twice, and then boots normally. It's not a big deal at all. I just found it odd.

The mod is awesome. Awesome job, Prema.

Did your splash screen not pop up twice prior to the modded bios? I thought it did for everyone.

That would require a different EC and the only EC that does that is because it lacks proper detection for older keyboards.

EDIT: I made and attached a special Key-Swap Version for you. (Mind that Full Fan Mode in this version is on FN+1 instead on FN+9)

ENJOY! ;)

OP updated with ME Firmware v8.1.40.1416 incl. a nice little Windows installer.

ENJOY!

Thanks Prema, it works great!

Will this also be included in the future Prema releases?

hallo prema . can you please attach for me the original sager p9370 dual 7970 bios and ec (1.02.08xxx) thank you

- - - Updated - - -

hallo prema . can you please attach the original bios and EC for sager p9370 dual 7970m (1.02.08xxx) thank you

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic