[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

i found the "me" file in the attache list

is it fit for P170em?

I have already flashed the awesome bios.can i flash the "me" now? do it have a changelog?

YES, the ME works for all current generation models.

Changelog:

<8.1.30.1350>

LMSService is potentially vulnerable to unquoted service path

vulnerability. This issue was fixed in 8.1.30 MR.

<8.1.20.1336>

- (Fix) Fixed an issue of ME update error on some system configurations.

(Removed the Recovering From ME Update Error section from this document.)

- (Fix) Fixed some issues.

<8.1.2.1318>

- (New) Added the Recovering From ME Update Error section.

<8.1.2.1318>

- (New) Added support for Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows XP.

- (Fix) Fixed some issues.

THX Zymphad,

the Lenovo 1350 is the 5MB version which isn't used on the Clevos.

The matching 1350 ME is already in the OP.

I am aware of the v12.5 RAID...updates as soon as I find time. Too busy working with a VIP-client atm...

P.S: Will also get back to you on you know what once I am free. Also why did you get banned on NBR...LOL?

Oh because I can't help but troll stupid BF fans on NBR.

They are the weirdest gamers... They spend 1.5 years complaining and whining about BF3, yet they spent thousands of hours playing. Some it seem complain every single day, yet play every single day. And they pre-ordered and spent the full price on Premium. And probably have pre-ordered BF4. I just can't help but troll them.

And of course I made fun of Bioshock. I referred to Bioshock as a game that promotes child molestation and drug use. Personally I thought it was hilarious, the mods were not amused. But c'mon...

- You literally rape little girls, you rape their life away so you can have your ADAM.

- You literally inject yourself with drugs, repeatedly to gain powers or restock your energy. You become more "powerful." Like a drug addict who goes through withdrawl without his fix.

- You are in a city that is literally called Rapture...

- You literally hear voices and you progress through the story, based on a voice you've never seen the person of... Wow, LSD anyone?

- You literally are chased by splicers, people gone insane from the drugs... yeah...

- The violence in the game is all centered around the drugs... War on drugs anyone?

- The powers and powerups are found in bottles... that look just like the bottles that are used to store drugs... And you inject yourself with a needle, that looks like what you use to inject yourself with drugs.

- You are literally chasing the purple dragon... Chasing after Ryan and crazy Fontaine and yeah... a DOCTOR Tenenbaum.

- Almost all your time in the game is either finding ways to get more drugs or making more powerful drugs. Uh... last time I checked, that's what drug addicts do. Always looking to get another high and finding ways to get a greater and better high.

- And predictably it seems Bioshock Infinite is just as controversial with it's blatant racism, prejudice and religious diatribe. I guess creators of Bioshock IP are unable to make game without finding really cheap, really unimaginative, and really immature ways to shock their fans. It's quite frankly, pathetic and sad.

Apparently the mods were not amused. And of course NBR members proceeded to call me insane... whatever.

Apparently I was not perma banned because I "occasionally" am helpful. Yeah, "occasionally." Right, seems to me 98% of NBR aren't nearly as helpful as I am. But whatever.

Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank you Prema for you bios mod, I can't wait to see the new version.

I have strange issue to report.

I bought my laptop P170EM at Pwnpc.co.uk

I installed 4*4Go of DDR3 1600 Mhz Cl9 Kingston, a Samsung 840 pro 128gb and a momentus XT 500go.

I installed everything, and used the latest version available at www.stations-driver.com.

However I cannot use a version of IRST higher than 11.2.0.1006 if I do use the latest 12.5 IRST driver or other, it give me a BSOD at boot (Bad_System_Configuration), I have tried everything but the issue is the same, can the issue come from the Samsung 840 pro? (I haven't tried to install windows on another hard drive/SSD).

When I am trying to use the raid mod, after I save the changes and reboot, I cannot pass the bios boot screen, to do that I have to remove the optical driver (TSST Corp SN-208BB with an HP firmware), I flashed the optical drive to the latest version but the issue stay the same.

When doing a Memtest, the first pass is ok, but the second pass find on error, is it possible to increase the ram voltage to 1.50 to 1.51 to avoid stability issue, when I was using a desktop computer and T1 timing I had to increase the ram voltage a little for stability.

The last issue is a bit strange, when rebooting the laptop sometime it shutdown it self, then start, and shutdown again, then finally reboot, is anyone have any idea of what can cause that?

I have played a lot of hour on the computer without any issue (Darksoul with DSfix, Guild Wars 2).

Can anyone recommand me which version of vbios I have to use for my 7970m? I think that I read somewhere that some vbios have issue, and how to find the vbios version?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

N3ST

I flashed to the version 1.02, and now the ram can't pass the first mem test, it only produce one error to when it reach 11276mb of the ram, I will have to check by removing 2 modules and see if the error occure also. When I flashed to the latest version I loaded the optimal default and rebooted the computer, I think that it is the best way to avoid any problem.

The other issues that I ancountedred can be reproduced with all bios.

edit : OK after 2 passes of memtest86+ 4.2.0 everything is fine, the issue may come from the T1 timing or a lack of ram voltage for that kind of timing. How can I check the current ram voltage to see if there are no variation?

Strange thing, the BCLK is always at 99 mhz so the ram is at 1596Mhz how can I change this?

I flashed to the version 1.02, and now the ram can't pass the first mem test, it only produce one error to when it reach 11276mb of the ram, I will have to check by removing 2 modules and see if the error occure also. When I flashed to the latest version I loaded the optimal default and rebooted the computer, I think that it is the best way to avoid any problem.

The other issues that I ancountedred can be reproduced with all bios.

edit : OK after 2 passes of memtest86+ 4.2.0 everything is fine, the issue may come from the T1 timing or a lack of ram voltage for that kind of timing. How can I check the current ram voltage to see if there are no variation?

Strange thing, the BCLK is always at 99 mhz so the ram is at 1596Mhz how can I change this?

There is a certain flex to the BLCK it's not 100%, that's normal. Also RAM voltage is fixed unless you use XMP profiles & play with stuff.

Thank you for your response,How can I change the T1 timing to T2 when I am using 4 module of Ram?
Get to 5 useful posts and PM me. ;)

Great job.

You say it's the last version but don't tell which one it is ...

if i flash with your folder i ll get :

P150EM_BIOS_1.02.16

P150EM_EC_1.02.11

Is it right ?

The version info is in the filename:

"P150EM_17_11_Stock.zip" is BIOS 17 & EC 11 (1.02.17, 1.02.11)

(The update.bat file provides this information once again before the flash)

The version info is in the filename:

"P150EM_17_11_Stock.zip" is BIOS 17 & EC 11 (1.02.17, 1.02.11)

(The update.bat file provides this information once again before the flash)

perfect amazing work. I installed your prima mod and it looks amazing ;)

grab a beer soon :D

Get to 5 useful posts and PM me. ;)

Hehehe ok.

I think that it would be interesting to have to version of the bios one with 1T the second with 2T timing, the main issue with 1T command rate; is that not every system likes it when using four sticks of RAM, the performance gap between the command rate almost nul, better choose stability vs performance, a Clevo by itself is alraeady powerfull enough.

What shocks me, is that there are no options to configure the bios properly like on a desktop motherboard, it is extremely desapointing especially for a computer that worth more than 1500€, I know that your are planning to make the differents menu visible, can't wait to see results.

N3ST

flashed the 1.0.2 version the fans seem to spin up more did you change the EC?

Nope, but it's always fascination to hear that things appear to have changed which where never touched. ;)

Hehehe ok.

I think that it would be interesting to have to version of the bios one with 1T the second with 2T timing, the main issue with 1T command rate; is that not every system likes it when using four sticks of RAM, the performance gap between the command rate almost nul, better choose stability vs performance, a Clevo by itself is alraeady powerfull enough.

What shocks me, is that there are no options to configure the bios properly like on a desktop motherboard, it is extremely desapointing especially for a computer that worth more than 1500€, I know that your are planning to make the differents menu visible, can't wait to see results.

N3ST

I am already maintaining dozens of BIOS versions and won't make T2 versions for all the P-models as that is what the stock BIOS does...

I have made one for your case though as no one else seams to have an issue...PM me as soon as you can and I'll send it to you. Also there won't be any BIOS menu unlocks for the EMs, too dangerous to try doing that on a system that I don't even own.

I understand, thank you for your help Prema.

If you want I can help you to try to unlock the menu for the P170EM bios, it could be interesting to see what we can do for this serie, but really clevo should really think to open the bios menu, for the price we pay it will really help to be able to configure everything according to our spec and taste.

I made an experiment with My P170EM, it has a 3630qm and a 7970M, I removed the back plate and using a Coolermaster Notepal U stand I placed the two fan directly in front of the GPU and CPU radiator, and the CPU reach only 64°c during Guild wars 2 gaming session and the GPU 62°c, this is awesome :Banane55:

Nope, but it's always fascination to hear that things appear to have changed which where never touched. ;)

I am already maintaining dozens of BIOS versions and won't make T2 versions for all the P-models as that is what the stock BIOS does...

I have made one for your case though as no one else seams to have an issue...PM me as soon as you can and I'll send it to you. Also there won't be any BIOS menu unlocks for the EMs, too dangerous to try doing that on a system that I don't even own.

Aw, that's sad! But understood. Any idea how I can maintain my XTU overclock through power cycles/reboots? I seem to have to load the program each time I reboot - or is this par for the course?

I sent you a small tip for a beer on me! Thanks for all the help. Also, where can I twist arms for those hidden menus on a 9370?...haha.

If i have vBios 1.00.05 can i update to this version ? I must flash EC or Bios in first? Thx for your work!

Yeah, just run the update.bat it will first flash the EC & then the BIOS in one go.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic