[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I remember reading some warnings about the crossflash when I bought my P150EM. Are things changed? It's 'safe' to crossflash?

It was mythlogic that originally said that caused problems (motherboard died soon after the flash), but they sell their P150EM's with P170EM BIOS's now so it looks like their problem was unrelated.

My P150EM has never run anything besides a P170EM BIOS. Just make sure you flash on a similar P170EM BIOS to avoid EC version changes.

Good job! :Banane31:

Any idea of the next updates ? (what do you plan exactly :acne: )

Since P-EM & W-Series owners are taken care of for the time being I am going to focus on the P-HM Series and give it some love. :17_002:

That being said I have my own system pending since a long time now...:01:

Hi Prema!

First, thanks for your work and the huge amount of support you're giving in this thread, it's just awesome!

I'm going to install your BIOS for my P150EM in a few minutes, but I was wondering about something : why are there two things to install, I understand the BIOS par but what is the

ME?

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, just found out on your website ME means "Intel Management Engine Firmware & Driver", still, what does it controls exactly?

...Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, just found out on your website ME means "Intel Management Engine Firmware & Driver", still, what does it controls exactly?

Some of the start-up routines rely on the ME firmware. The clock-gen and all associated buses are controlled via the ME. Windows also needs the ME driver to be installed to communicate with the ME based interfaces (any on-the-fly bus adjustments for example).

Hi Prema!

May I ask you to do for the 150EM bios what you did for the W110ER? Enable the HDD password options?

Thanks! And thanks again!

PS No hurry, though. Without your next release.

The P-Series has locked down menus, so re-linking them in a way to make extra stuff visible isn't easy...I have made some progress, but I had no time recently to follow up with my research...

Hello Prema,

thanks for all the work,

but i have some serious troble with your mod.

When i change the mode from AHCI to RAID its stucks on the BIOS Date Screen.

i rebuild my Raid after Flashing your Mod. But still no change, i installed the latest intel ME driver and still no change.

What can i do now?

Hello Prema,

thanks for all the work,

but i have some serious troble with your mod.

When i change the mode from AHCI to RAID its stucks on the BIOS Date Screen.

i rebuild my Raid after Flashing your Mod. But still no change, i installed the latest intel ME driver and still no change.

What can i do now?

What model do you have?

Could someone here who uses RAID please guide fabihabie...?!

When is the xtu p150em version coming out and can you solve any of these issue?

CPU turbo diabled when dGPU active

GPU fan not turning off after GPU is sleeping and temps are down.

Cheers

I can make the xtu tweaks as soon as someone gets back to me ragarding TDP settings sticking or not in stock P170EM BIOS...no one did, yet...

For the first thing use Throttlestop. I am afraid if I remove the Turbo lock throughout the line that someone will fry his system and then blame me.

But I also thought that this is a W-series problem only!?!

I don't think I can fix the GPU sleep fan reading bug if Clevo still can't after 12 ECs...

What model do you have?

Could someone here who uses RAID please guide fabihabie...?!

I can make the xtu tweaks as soon as someone gets back to me ragarding TDP settings sticking or not in stock P170EM BIOS...no one did, yet...

For the first thing use Throttlestop. I am afraid if I remove the Turbo lock throughout the line that someone will fry his system and then blame me.

But I also thought that this is a W-series problem only!?!

I don't think I can fix the GPU sleep fan reading bug if Clevo still can't after 12 ECs...

I have flashed your p170em bios on my p150em what do you need me to check?

Sorry but I'm a noob here. What's the ME firmware for and is it necessary to install it along with the modded BIOS?

It's a good idea to do so. Explained the functionality 4 posts above yours. ;)

Look forward to P-EM

You mean P-HM?! ;)

I have flashed your p170em bios on my p150em what do you need me to check?

When you change the TDP settings in XTU (Turbo Boost Power Max & Turbo Boost Short Power Max)does Throttlestop "TPL" window report the same Long and Short package power limits?

On the older HM series Clevo faked the TDP change in XTU and TS showed us that in reality nothing had changed.

I got the p370em with GTX 680M SLI Crucial m4 msata + 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Raid 0 / 16 GB Corsair CL9 Ram (4X4GB) / Killer 1202 i7 3630qm

I asked another member here who is successfully using RAID on the same model (with the mod) to help you.

So, quick question - i love getting all teh performance i can, but admittedly, warranty is still somewhat of an issue for me.

From what i understand, once i flash to a Clevo bios on my 9170, it is very very difficult to go back to a Sager bios. Is it the same with this bios? Perhaps more importantly, is it even worth worrying about should i ever need warranty (will they look at it and deny me, or not care)?

Is the updated ME firmware the only difference between the modded NP8130 original BIOS and the upcoming modded BIOS?

LOL...Nope!!! Take this as an indication (read comment section fore more)

So, quick question - i love getting all teh performance i can, but admittedly, warranty is still somewhat of an issue for me.

From what i understand, once i flash to a Clevo bios on my 9170, it is very very difficult to go back to a Sager bios. Is it the same with this bios? Perhaps more importantly, is it even worth worrying about should i ever need warranty (will they look at it and deny me, or not care)?

The Myth

As for warranty it depends on your re-seller, some support the use of the mods, some officially don't but won't void your warranty if you still do and then some even tell you that you will loose your warranty if you change the CPU on your own... ;)

When you change the TDP settings in XTU (Turbo Boost Power Max & Turbo Boost Short Power Max)does Throttlestop "TPL" window report the same Long and Short package power limits?

On the older HM series Clevo faked the TDP change in XTU and TS showed us that in reality nothing had changed.

Sorry i flashed back to you p150em BIOS but i can remember XTU allowed me to change the valves and saved them on a reboot it also allowed me to change the memory frequency and timing perfectly fine, only thing it wouldn't let me do is change the turbo ratio if i set it to 37 and applied it would set it correctly as soon as the laptop restarted or shut down it would revert back.

I would try a BIOS out if you modded a p150em with XTU, the P170EM bios seems to play a bit with the temperature i was getting 52-55C on each core idle on P150EM BIOS i get 35-40C.

Can you not stop it from disabling turbo when using the DGPU i know someone could overclock their GPU and CPU and then fry their system but if they are flashing modded BIOS's they should be aware of these things anyway.

I play ARMA 3 and i have to use throttle stop other wise i loose 10fps cause its CPU heavy game.

Sorry i flashed back to you p150em BIOS but i can remember XTU allowed me to change the valves and saved them on a reboot it also allowed me to change the memory frequency and timing perfectly fine, only thing it wouldn't let me do is change the turbo ratio if i set it to 37 and applied it would set it correctly as soon as the laptop restarted or shut down it would revert back.

I would try a BIOS out if you modded a p150em with XTU, the P170EM bios seems to play a bit with the temperature i was getting 52-55C on each core idle on P150EM BIOS i get 35-40C.

Can you not stop it from disabling turbo when using the DGPU i know someone could overclock their GPU and CPU and then fry their system but if they are flashing modded BIOS's they should be aware of these things anyway.

I play ARMA 3 and i have to use throttle stop other wise i loose 10fps cause its CPU heavy game.

The P170EM EC has different fan spin settings, I guess that's why the temps are different...I need to know if Throttlestop shows the same TDP values after changing them in XTU, because if it doesn't the XTU is faking it like on the HMs...

My comment regarding dGPU & Turbo being active even without Throttlestop was regarding the W-Series. AFAIK the P-Series shouldn't have the Turbo 100% disabled all the time with active dGPU, only while reaching temp limits etc...?!?

No its disabled all the time the CPU is at 70C and if i play crysis 3 or Arma 3 the cpu is locked to 2.7Ghz close the game it will go up to 3.5Ghz its a I7-3740QM, im not the only one who has this.

Any way to modd into the bios like FN + 8 to force CPu to turbo all the time? Would be awesome id test that.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic