[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hello @Prema! I am fairly new to posting on these threads and keep toying with my new Sager e9370 =). I was curious, what are the benefits to running your bios over stock?

Edit for clarity:

I read the first post of the thread that tells me your changes. I am just curious what they actually benefit in newb terms? Ha!

I updated my EC/BIOS last night from 1.00.04 to 1.02.14 yesterday. All appears to be smooth atm.

Prima: Curious though, if I update my BIOS to your custom EC/BIOS Prima, am I allowed to revert back to official BIOS and/or earlier version BIOS?

Hello @Prema! I am fairly new to posting on these threads and keep toying with my new Sager e9370 =). I was curious, what are the benefits to running your bios over stock?

Edit for clarity:

I read the first post of the thread that tells me your changes. I am just curious what they actually benefit in newb terms? Ha!

It will be snappier, have longer turbo boost, you can set all raid modes and add the full fan option, as most re-sellers don't offer it anymore.

I updated my EC/BIOS last night from 1.00.04 to 1.02.14 yesterday. All appears to be smooth atm.

Prima: Curious though, if I update my BIOS to your custom EC/BIOS Prima, am I allowed to revert back to official BIOS and/or earlier version BIOS?

Sure, just don't flash older (pre 1.02.xx) EC & BIOS as that will brick the Clevos even when we just use stock versions...

I was going to update to your bios and slv7's kepler bios and was wondering should I do the laptop bios or video bios first?

Also, I currently have BIOS: 1.02.17LS1 & EC: 1.02.11SA. Will I have a problem updating to your bios and how can I backup my current BIOS before I update? Thanks

I was going to update to your bios and slv7's kepler bios and was wondering should I do the laptop bios or video bios first?

Also, I currently have BIOS: 1.02.17LS1 & EC: 1.02.11SA. Will I have a problem updating to your bios and how can I backup my current BIOS before I update? Thanks

You can backup your old BIOS & EC with Afuwin (attached). Also no problem in using the mod.

afuwin64.zip

Hi Prema, thank you for your work. What version ME did you include? v12? I've ordered a P370em and i was looking for TRIM in raid 0 sdd's. I think that's a very new addition,isn't it?

You can backup your old BIOS & EC with Afuwin (attached). Also no problem in using the mod.

OK backup my current BIOS and flashed with your BIOS but I didn't see any additional options in the BIOS. Could it be that I have a newer BIOS and it's locked down more?

Sure, just don't flash older (pre 1.02.xx) EC & BIOS as that will brick the Clevos even when we just use stock versions...

So this as long as I don't backflash any 1.01.xx or 1.00.xx I'm fine, correct?

Also, is it a big issue if I don't flash EC, just BIOS? Asking because my current EC is 1.02.11 but BIOS is 1.02.14, so they aren't always the same numbers.

Hey!

I've got a problem with an overheating 7970M in my P150EM, do you think the full fan mode could help me with this issue? And doesn't it risks to wear the ventilators and make them less efficient over time?

Thanks for your work!

As for the Intel XTU thing. I may be able to test it after work on Tuesday. Long work hours make it hard to try anything.

THX! Would be great to get some confirmation regarding XTUs TDP settings and their real functionality.

Hi Prema, thank you for your work. What version ME did you include? v12? I've ordered a P370em and i was looking for TRIM in raid 0 sdd's. I think that's a very new addition,isn't it?

ME is v8.1.30.1350

Yaeh Clevo swaps RAID versions left and right in their BIOS, so with the latest v12 you should be good for now.

Just wait a day or two, I am getting v1.0 ready...just in process of fixing a boot logo issue with Clevos original P370EMx BIOS, which doesn't allow different logos for Win7 & Win8 modes to be used, because of an overlay bug.

OK backup my current BIOS and flashed with your BIOS but I didn't see any additional options in the BIOS. Could it be that I have a newer BIOS and it's locked down more?

No extra options, all changes are under the hood. ;)

So this as long as I don't backflash any 1.01.xx or 1.00.xx I'm fine, correct?

Also, is it a big issue if I don't flash EC, just BIOS? Asking because my current EC is 1.02.11 but BIOS is 1.02.14, so they aren't always the same numbers.

That should be correct, stay on 1.02.xx versions and you are good.

Hey!

I've got a problem with an overheating 7970M in my P150EM, do you think the full fan mode could help me with this issue? And doesn't it risks to wear the ventilators and make them less efficient over time?

Thanks for your work!

Full fan will keep your GPU cooler, but as a longer term solution I would maybe re-paste, do alu-tape-mod, maybe undervolt the GPU.

In theory the full fan mode uses up the fans faster, but I have yet so see a fan failing before something else.

My 7 years old Clevo M570A (with M570U mobo) still runs strong. It got the hinges replaced like 5 times, a new screen, 3 mobos, an on/off button and other things, but the fans are still original even with full fan mode. ;)

Amazing work as usual. :Banane48:

I have no time during the week to test it, should I expect better performance ? Can it boost my 680m or computer power :sneakiness: ?

Should get rid of CPU bottlenecks. I would suggest to use svl7's GPU mods along with this to get the max out of your Clevo.

BTW: Just updated P370EMx mods to v1.0! Fixed the annoying boot logo overlay bug of Clevo's stock BIOS.

Should get rid of CPU bottlenecks. I would suggest to use svl7's GPU mods along with this to get the max out of your Clevo.

BTW: Just updated P370EMx mods to v1.0! Fixed the annoying boot logo overlay bug of Clevo's stock BIOS.

I heard about it but do no know what does it change, where to DL, and why is it so powerfull ? :semi-twins:

Does it work perfectly for P150EM ?

I heard about it but do no know what does it change, where to DL, and why is it so powerfull ? :semi-twins:

Does it work perfectly for P150EM ?

Most stock NVIDIA vBIOS nowadays only allow for an Overclock of 135Mhz extra. Svl7's vBIOS unlocks pushes this to a maximum of 405Mhz.

You can grab it right here.

Hey Prema,

thanks for all the work you're doing, this looks like a snazzy little mod, I'll give it a try on my Sager Np9370.

Just a quick question, I like the manual fan control, but will this make the fans 100% manual or is it still performing as usual with the ability to kick it into 100% mode?

also will this affect the GPU performance? (amd 7970m)

hi prema, what's the chance of adding RAM timing settings like you did for the W-E/NP6 series BIOS?

and is it possible to mod a direct control of vGPU in BIOS, or is that a sole domain of VBIOS mods?

thanks for the good work mate!

Hey Prema,

thanks for all the work you're doing, this looks like a snazzy little mod, I'll give it a try on my Sager Np9370.

Just a quick question, I like the manual fan control, but will this make the fans 100% manual or is it still performing as usual with the ability to kick it into 100% mode?

also will this affect the GPU performance? (amd 7970m)

It's Full Fan ON/OFF. You should check out svl7's AMD 7970M vBIOS mods here, too.

hi prema, what's the chance of adding RAM timing settings like you did for the W-E/NP6 series BIOS?

and is it possible to mod a direct control of vGPU in BIOS, or is that a sole domain of VBIOS mods?

thanks for the good work mate!

Hidden or not the RAM control is pretty much broken on all Clevo 1.02.xx BIOS...dGPU except fans and acpi stuff is only controlled by the vBIOS.

I have a 9150 and I was curious about power consumption.

Because the np9150 only has a 150W adapter, would I be safe using your Prema Bios with my 3630QM (45W TDP), and svl7's 680m vbios mod?

I was thinking in the future maybe increasing GPU voltage to 1.0 or 1.025 at the most, would these strain my power adapter?

Of course, I don't plan on gaming on battery, only using the IGP for documents and saving gaming for AC power.

I have a 9150 and I was curious about power consumption.

Because the np9150 only has a 150W adapter, would I be safe using your Prema Bios with my 3630QM (45W TDP), and svl7's 680m vbios mod?

I was thinking in the future maybe increasing GPU voltage to 1.0 or 1.025 at the most, would these strain my power adapter?

Of course, I don't plan on gaming on battery, only using the IGP for documents and saving gaming for AC power.

Prema Mod won't pull more from the wall but stays at at higher wattage for longer. I would try to max out the GTX680M with the regular OC edition to see if the system is stable first...

Thanks for the new release, the new boot screen certainly does it's job much better than the old one (better and more seamlessly integration). Could you also modify a wallpaper to use as a boot logo during the boot sequence? I'd do it myself but the guides I've found on the internet are for Windows 7 and I'm not really clear if it's safe to do by myself.

So far, very nice work :D

Thanks for the new release, the new boot screen certainly does it's job much better than the old one (better and more seamlessly integration). Could you also modify a wallpaper to use as a boot logo during the boot sequence? I'd do it myself but the guides I've found on the internet are for Windows 7 and I'm not really clear if it's safe to do by myself.

So far, very nice work :D

I am not sure what you want?!?

Is there a way to get the Intel XTU software so it's not grayed out? I'm unable to change anything. Thanks

Crossflash P170EM version to your P15xEM.

- Promoted "Configurable TDP" to "UP"-state (P15xEM models)

- Added custom boot logo v2 (Legacy & BGRT)

Hi Prema, can you briefly explain what does the Configurable TDP to UP-state means?

Also, is it possible to add in future a custom .gif file so that anyone can flash their personal custom boot logo? :P

Hi Prema, can you briefly explain what does the Configurable TDP to UP-state means?

Also, is it possible to add in future a custom .gif file so that anyone can flash their personal custom boot logo? :P

Configurable TDP

Boot logos have to follow certain rules, like, format, size (which has become very small in these versions), bitrate, resolution, also one has to be reverse-stretched and another resolution than the other, also dependent on BIOS version they have to be arranged in other order. I had to fix a third module to even allow 2 logos in the P370EMx version (Clevo has introduced 2 logo bugs with the P37s) and delete a forth logo to make more space in BIOS and fit everything in...it was quite a lot prep work to make.

I can offer custom boot logos for donors, but I don't have the time to make a custom version for everyone.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic