[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Just for the record, ThrottleStop tries to maintain whatever TDP values you set in ThrottleStop. If you make a change using XTU, if ThrottleStop 5.10 is running or the next time you start it, ThrottleStop will use the previous Turbo Power settings that you saved.

Both XTU and ThrottleStop are writing data to the same register in the CPU. If you are using both programs at the same time then the results might be unpredictable. You would be better off using one program or the other.

Just for the record, ThrottleStop tries to maintain whatever TDP values you set in ThrottleStop. If you make a change using XTU, if ThrottleStop 5.10 is running or the next time you start it, ThrottleStop will use the previous Turbo Power settings that you saved.

Both XTU and ThrottleStop are writing data to the same register in the CPU. If you are using both programs at the same time then the results might be unpredictable. You would be better off using one program or the other.

The registers are all locked on the Clevos. TS has not even TDP write access, we can just use it for reading out the correct values.

While at the same time (On the older HMs) the same TDP options are showing as unlocked in XTU.

We can set values in XTU then reboot and XTU will then report these new values, but they won't have any effect at all.

If we then start TS it will show same old stock values, which is the truth as XTU does nothing, it's just a bluff.

If I go and write TDP values directly into BIOS and then start TS it will always report those values correctly while XTU will stick to it's fake values even when re-installed. It neither writes nor reads anything correctly (except stock cpu values) only TS does read the real values.

It's Clevo tricking customers into thinking they could use the TDP settings with XTU, while in reality they don't want you to use it.

I wanted to know if the newer EM series still lies about the TDP values or if they are now actually transferred and used.

First of all Prema, thanks for the great job.

Just one doubt anyhow. Considering that downgrading EC/Bios to previous versions looks like to be a risk, on the contrary, upgrading this modded EC with new official versions, or replacing with the same .12 official version, could give any problem eventually?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

A questions:the bios contains the VBIOS for 7970?

How can I save or write a VBIOS of P170EM? Atiflash save a file with 0 bytes!

vBIOS is not part of BIOS in the P-Series of Clevos. You can check svl7's AMD vBIOS flashing guide.

First of all Prema, thanks for the great job.

Just one doubt anyhow. Considering that downgrading EC/Bios to previous versions looks like to be a risk, on the contrary, upgrading this modded EC with new official versions, or replacing with the same .12 official version, could give any problem eventually?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Stock BIOS or mod makes no difference. You can switch between all version that the stock EC & BIOS would let you, too.

So going from latest Mod to latest stock and back is no problem.

ENJOY! :)

EDIT:

I am searching for a tester for the P370EMx that uses Win8 to double check something with the bios logos.

Just PM me. THX! :)

Great work Prema! :)

I have Fn+1 fans already. What I'd really like to see is RAM speed configuration. I have 4x4GB DDR3-2133 Kingston HyperX that I'd like to use. Using two of them in my NP6110 right now and wow the improvement in overall response is noticeable.

So with this "configurable TDP" in "UP" state, does that mean I won't need Throttlestop any more? (sorry Unclewebb).

Great work Prema! :)

I have Fn+1 fans already. What I'd really like to see is RAM speed configuration. I have 4x4GB DDR3-2133 Kingston HyperX that I'd like to use. Using two of them in my NP6110 right now and wow the improvement in overall response is noticeable.

So with this "configurable TDP" in "UP" state, does that mean I won't need Throttlestop any more? (sorry Unclewebb).

We will always have use for TS!!! :)

Regarding Configurable TDP states

Maybe Unclewebb has a list of supported mobile CPUs and the exact 3 power state values.

For your CPU the longer Turbo Duration maybe more interesting, maybe run a cpu intense bench or even 3DM11 before and after the flash?

HT, if you are adventurous we can try something regarding RAM speeds...

Good job Prema :)

Been following your posts on NBR since they seem to be a reliable source of information regarding Clevo notebooks.

I got some questions regarding your mods:

1. Actually I have the version 11.0.0.XXXX (don't remember which is now :S). Do you know if this version has TRIM for raid 0?

2. With this mod is possible to make other RAID types other than 0?

Thanks in advance and keep the good work :)

Hello

Possible Bios unlock D901C ?

Many BIOS MODs for D901C where already done...just google. ;)

Good job Prema :)

Been following your posts on NBR since they seem to be a reliable source of information regarding Clevo notebooks.

I got some questions regarding your mods:

1. Actually I have the version 11.0.0.XXXX (don't remember which is now :S). Do you know if this version has TRIM for raid 0?

2. With this mod is possible to make other RAID types other than 0?

Thanks in advance and keep the good work :)

IRC, 11.0.0 has no TRIM, they started with 11.5.xxx.

I enabled all RAID modes (0,1,5,10) ;)

ugh created an account on techinferno but can't download the P150EM mod yet since i gotta post 5 messages first and don't wanna spam.

Prema could you upload these new BIOS on your website?

They will come to my blog, but I need to update the rest of the site first, everything there has become quite a mess and is very confusing.

In the meantime, why not make yourself useful here on TI? This won't be the last time TI gets a "time exclusive" on my work.

We would like TI to be a growing community of people who like to go beyond the usual boundaries of of technology and share their knowledge.

They will come to my blog, but I need to update the rest of the site first, everything there has become quite a mess and is very confusing.

In the meantime, why not make yourself useful here on TI? This won't be the last time TI gets a "time exclusive" on my work.

We would like TI to be a growing community of people who like to go beyond the usual boundaries of of technology and share their knowledge.

Thanks, that sounds like the right and selfless thing to do ;)

I'll start it off first with what I've done:

I got the P150EM from Metabox (Australia). Standard specs except for Crucial M4 SSD self-replacement.

Default EC: 1.00.03

Default BIOS: 1.00.03dNS1

I think the dNS1 BIOS is a standard 1.00.03 BIOS but modified by Metabox as it has the Metabox logo during bootup.

Anyway I have updated my EC and BIOS to 1.00.04 successfully. I believe that this is the requirement for further upgrade into newer BIOS versions or risk bricking it.

Sequence:

Boot into USB stick, flash EC first (ECFlash.bat), machine shuts down after flash.

Unplug for 5 sec, replug, turn on, go into BIOS, EC shows up as 1.00.04, BIOS still 1.00.03dNS1

Boot into USB stick again, run MESET.EXE, machine autoboots.

Boot into USB stick again, run FlashMe.bat, BIOS flashes for 2 minutes, machine shuts down after flash.

Unplug for 5 sec, replug, turn on, go into BIOS, EC shows up as 1.00.04, BIOS 1.00.04. Success!

Booted into Windows 7 on my SSD without any problem. Just waiting for your hack to be available now :)

Does this mod fix the AMD7970M fan keep working after exiting a game?

Just installed this mod and I got some problems.

I have a Clevo P170EM, I had the stock BIOS version 1.02.12 EC and 1.02.14 BIOS if I'm not mistaken.

I have a RAID 0 setup with 2 SSD.

When I boot my PC the BIOS stops on the screen where it should show my system information (CPU, memory, devices, etc).

It is responsive to the F2 command to enter the BIOS setup but it takes some minutes to actually do anything,

after a while it resumes to its normal way. Also noticed some delay on Windows 7 loading, like 10 secs more.

Do you know what could be wrong?

Does P150EM_16_11PMv1.0.zip unlock the GPU clocks in the bios for when on battery?

Do you have more control of the laptop's performance on battery?

Nope, but you can use Throttlestop and disable 'EIST' to run the iGPU on full during battery operation.

If you want to use dGPU on higher speed (which will simply eat up battery), you can use Nvidia Inspector and OC 2D clocks.

Nope, but you can use Throttlestop and disable 'EIST' to run the iGPU on full during battery operation.

If you want to use dGPU on higher speed (which will simply eat up battery), you can use Nvidia Inspector and OC 2D clocks.

Tried to use Nvidia Inspector but it keeps crashing with unhandled exception error on Windows 8.

Thank you very Prema,and may i ask you some questions?

my model is P150em,i have flashed P170em's bios so that i can use XTU. if i use your p150em's mod bios whether i could use XTU?

if your P150em'bios doesn't support XTU,can i use your P170em's mod without problemss?

thank you again ^_^

I am going to upload a simple "XTU CROSSFLASH EDITION" so you guys can go between P15xEM and P170EM Prema Mods (to use Intel XTU to Overclock your CPUs etc) in one simple flash without any brick risk.

Initially the file was too big to upload, but TI adjusted the file-size limits for us (THX for that!)...I have also tweaked the boot-logo for Win8 user to better 'merge' with the loading screen (THX @ iaTa for testing), so after that is integrated I'll update all the links...

Wouldn't you just use the XTU CROSSFLASH EDITION BIOS in this case?

Prema, when will this XTU edition be available? So will this XTU Crossflash version essentially be the p170em bios ?

I didn't have any time to mess with this over the weekend, (I was playing games and totally forgot about this stuff ;) ) So I will probably wait for the XTU flash and maybe take my machine apart and clean all the fans and heatsinks out and mess around with some more overclocking. I have been pretty happy with the CPU @ Stock and the GPU @ Max stock-BIOS OC. HOwever one of my cities in Cities XL starts to lag now, as I have a lot of crap in it, need some more speed hehehe.

Thank you very Prema,and may i ask you some questions?

my model is P150em,i have flashed P170em's bios so that i can use XTU. if i use your p150em's mod bios whether i could use XTU?

if your P150em'bios doesn't support XTU,can i use your P170em's mod without problemss?

thank you again ^_^

Sure, as long as you don't melt your system or PSU... ;)

One question, if you change the TDP settings in XTU (Turbo Boost Power Max & Turbo Boost Short Power Max)does Throttlestop "TPL" window report the same Long and Short package power limits?

On the older HM series Clevo faked the TDP change in XTU and TS showed us that in reality nothing had changed.

If it doesn't work on EMs either then I'll make a special XTU/OC version with higher TDPs for OCers.

How the hell did I not see these? I've been to your blog plenty of times and never saw the ones for P150EM... You sir have won!

As for the Intel XTU thing. I may be able to test it after work on Tuesday. Long work hours make it hard to try anything.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic