[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Fixed it! I flashed the bios chip directly with flashrom on my Raspberry Pi 2 model B. https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom. @Prema have you used this? I just looked at the motherboard schematics to find the bios chip model, then google the pinout for the chip. I soldered wires onto my chip and connected them to specific pins on the gpio of the rpi, then flashrom detected the chip and I could flash it. Typing this on my now unbricked P170SM-A!

This method works with some of the older model RPi's so it is a cheap method to unbrick a laptop with a corrupt bios.

Cheers,

Robin

Hi all, 

This is my first time post on these forums, firstly it is great to be part of this forum, it seems very much up my alley, nice to meet you all. Now to my issue; I believe I am having an HDCP issue connecting my laptop to my Samsung UE55KS7000 4K TV, and after extensive troubleshooting I have come to the conclusion it might be the BIOS that was pre-installed on my second hand P377SM-A Clevo laptop I purchased recently. I am currently on the BIOS version listed on my post over at overclock.net.

If you could kindly take a look at this post and let me know how to go back to the stock BIOS as I cannot find it anywhere.

I spent a lot of money on this laptop, and the TV, and I cannot get output to the TV. It is detected in nvidia control panel, but there is zero output. Do you guys have any ideas?

UPDATE: Hi all, I have figured it out. I managed to get the laptop to output to the TV by constantly switching between 4k/1080p/RGB/420/422/444 with the HDMI audio DISABLED. It seemed that as soon as I disabled sending the audio signal, and messed around with the settings, it just randomly output to the TV. I'd already gone ahead and purchased a £130 XA-HDCP from CYP. Got to send it back now. Haha. I hope this helps someone with the same issue. Feel free to contact me direct for any advice on this. I have done weeks of research.

Edited by AKRoxborough

I have succesfully flash my p650se Bios.

now i want to flash the vBios on my 970m with this [P6xxSE_GTX970M_OC_PM_v1.1.1]

but every time i hit the "Modme.bat" i get this error..

current vBIOS is the 84.04.1F.00.BD..

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.218)
Modified Version for Prema Mod!

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GeForce GTX 970M     (10DE,13D8,1558,6555) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

Command failed to complete mailbox0 = 1000000A
Command id:000A Command: Unknown Command failed
Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT
 Command failed to complete mailbox0 = 10000002
Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed
Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT

Hope can help me..

Edited by kroy

To AKRoxborough:

"UPDATE: Hi all, I have figured it out. I managed to get the laptop to output to the TV by constantly switching between 4k/1080p/RGB/420/422/444 with the HDMI audio DISABLED. It seemed that as soon as I disabled sending the audio signal, and messed around with the settings, it just randomly output to the TV."

I had the same problem with the HDMI output on an Asus EeePC EB 1501 (Atom 330 & NVidia Ion & Windows 7): I disabled the NVidia HDMI sound and after restart the video HDMI output was switching on and off very fast, it couldn't make anything. I entered in safe mode, re-enabled the HDMI sound, restarted in normal mode and since them it works perfect.

Have a nice day.

EDIT::: 

I have sorted that out, disabled C-States. 

Everyone here... The power that @Prema BIOS brings to Clevo laptops is amazing!

I mean, it is amazing, not just a lot of power, but an amazing world opens before your eyes! 

P775 would go as high as 99C with 4.0 GHz under normal Clevo, it stays somewhere around 80C with Prema BIOS! 

We really should be talking more about the power Prema gives to us through his own effort!

We really gotta support his efforts!

Edited by Georgel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm experiencing some weird troubles using prema mod: I just recieved GTX980M card (Clevo) and i'm trying to install it into my P170EM laptop. So, i flashed my BIOS and EC with prema's versions, flashed vBIOS and updated drivers. And this card worked for me for some time, like half an hour or so, but after that my laptop started beeping like it's overheating, blinking keyboard lights included in that process, right after that my laptop shutdowned itself. Now, whenever i try to turn it back on it starts that "overheating alarm" procedure almost right after BIOS loads up and it shuts down right after windows loads. I tried my old card, and it worked fine. I assumed that this can be related to weak cooling system or something like that but at the moment of shutdown laptop emits no heat even with removed cover. Any ideas?

EDIT: According to GPU-Z stats, first shutdown happened when the card hit 90 degrees mark, but it was operating on 45 degrees for the whole time. (So it's not a steady buildup of heat, but rather a surge, like 40 degrees in 20-25 seconds after almost hour of steady performance on 45-60 degrees.)

EDIT2: I made it to device manager, using safe mode. And for some reason installed card does not appear in device manager at all. Does that mean that the card is fried? That would be a real shame since i followed every single piece of instructions.

Edited by Neitronus

Hi guys, first of all i want to thank Prema for his great work

To my Setup:

- P170SM with i7 4700MQ

- 16Gb Ram

- GTX 770M

- 120 GB SSD (Samsung Evo)

I used the Bios P170SM Prema Mod v2 i found on this adress https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p170sm/ and followed the commands step by step. Everything worked fine and my Bios and EC got updated nicely.

Nevertheless did i get some troubles configurating the Bios Options because i simply cant click any of them. Almost all of them are greyed out (not selectable) like you can see on the photos. Do you have any advice for me what to do or what i maybe did wrong? 

I would deeply appreciate any help. Thanks 

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I have a problem.

I have bought a P751 Clevo in December with 1070GTX and 6700K and it was amazing in games staying around 70 degrees all the time on both GPU and CPU on very silent fans. The computer was basically not hearable under the speakers and very cool.

Ever since flashing the bios to Prema about a month that was provided by an official partner the temperatures began to rise and now I am at the point that on very loud fans (almost max) the both GPU and CPU go above 83 degrees celcius. I am beginning to wonder if anything is wrong or if Prema did something to the computer for some reason... I mean the temps are still ok but honestly it's just a big difference in a short time.

Nothing is overclocked and CPU is undervolted -140. I ordered the laptop with Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste. Is it possible it already deteriorated?

Thank you for any tips and help

Best regards

Syrop

On 29.03.2017 at 0:27 PM, Moherek993 said:

Hi, which bios is suitable for Clevo P670rs-g? Cheers :)

We need to wait more i think... There is still no info from Prema partner shop where i have bought my P651RS

On 9.04.2017 at 4:40 PM, syrop_pl said:

Hi all!

I have a problem.

I have bought a P751 Clevo in December with 1070GTX and 6700K and it was amazing in games staying around 70 degrees all the time on both GPU and CPU on very silent fans. The computer was basically not hearable under the speakers and very cool.

Ever since flashing the bios to Prema about a month that was provided by an official partner the temperatures began to rise and now I am at the point that on very loud fans (almost max) the both GPU and CPU go above 83 degrees celcius. I am beginning to wonder if anything is wrong or if Prema did something to the computer for some reason... I mean the temps are still ok but honestly it's just a big difference in a short time.

Nothing is overclocked and CPU is undervolted -140. I ordered the laptop with Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste. Is it possible it already deteriorated?

Thank you for any tips and help

Best regards

Syrop

There can be many causes. I don't think Prema BIOS is problem here. Maybe some updates had changed sth on hardware lvl or paste need to be changed (how long you have it)?

Just wanted to say thanks for the forum.

Had my Clevo P151EM (a.k.a. Sager NP9130) with GTX 670M for years now and updated to the latest Prema Mod BIOS (P151EM_17_11_PM_v2_K20), all is well.  And yes, I got a 180w power adapter and the proper heatsink and brackets when I did the upgrade.

Just bought a GTX 970M (3GB version) that was pulled from an MSI.  its mounted fine and is detected by the Device Manager, problem is that its not switching to the Nvidia graphics for any games or benchmarks.  And it seems to not get detected in the BIOS (says "VGA Card: Off" at the Main screen).... could just be the BIOS not reading the VBIOS, but it is detected inside of Windows.

I have downloaded the vBIOS for several Clevo GTX 970M (3GB) and used multiple version of NVFLASH (Certs bypassed) and keep getting the same issue: "Board ID Mismatch"

Example:

nvflash -6 970.rom

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0)
Modified Version By Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GeForce GTX 970M     (10DE,1618,1558,5105) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (10DE.0000)
  does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (1558.5105).
WARNING: None of the firmware image compatible Board ID's
match the Board ID of the adapter.
Adapter Board ID:        E90B
Firmware image Board ID: E91E

Please press 'y' to confirm override of PCI Subsystem ID's:
Overriding PCI subsystem ID mismatch

ERROR: Board ID mismatch

This happens with every Windows version of NVFLASH that is compatible with the video card.

- uninstalled all Nvidia drivers, disabled the video card in the Device Manager, tried to flash in Safe Mode

- all the same result

I cannot seem to bypass the "Board ID Mismatch" error. 

Is there another method to using nvflash?  (whats the difference with that and "mnvflash"?)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

UPDATE: read next post.  I was able to get the video card working without having to force flash to another VBIOS.

Edited by whipster

UPDATE: was able to modify a MSI GE62 drivers to work with the GTX 970M (3GB).

UPDATE 2: same modification works perfect with the official Nvidia.com laptop drivers for the GTX 970M (3GB).

I found the version of an MSI (MS-1W0J1) Nvidia GTX 970M (3GB version) (N16E-GT-A1) that matches up in the drivers, so I modded the inf to make it work with my MXM 970M 3GB that I just put into my Clevo P151EM (w/ Prema Mod BIOS).  This might be different to someone reading this depending on which notebook you are modding it for. My subsys is for Clevo in this inf modification.

File name:

MSI's 359.06 drivers

UPDATE: works with the latest (as of this post) 381.65 official Nvidia drivers as well.

Lines I edited in the "nvmi.inf" (or "nvmii.inf" if you are modding official Nvidia.com drivers):

1.) Replaced: NVIDIA_DEV.13D8.1134.1462

- with: NVIDIA_DEV.1618.5105.1558

2.) Replaced: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_11341462

- with: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_51051558

Note: the SUBSYS is unique to my notebook (Clevo P151EM), if you have a different notebook, you should modify this value to reflect your's for the modded INF to work.

58fbc40660c7d_GTX970M3GB(MS-1W0J1).gif.cb797882d87d135a86567788b7b4ab7a.gif

Procedure:

- uninstall any current Nvidia drivers in the system

- modified the inf of the 359.06 drivers I got from MSI's site (or the official Nvidia.com drivers)

- installed the driver (I'm using Win7 Pro x64)

- restart, it works now for games and benchmarks. (And Optimus graphics switching works fine if you use the official Nvidia drivers)

Temps:

- Idle ~42 C

- Load ~81 C (with FurMark - Burn-In mode)

Hope this helps someone in the future.

P.S.  I will see if I can get the latest Nvidia drivers and edit them. Hopefully the videocard will still function.

UPDATE: latest official Nvidia drivers work with the modification, and it works better since the Optimus switches off the dGPU when its not being used. Yay.

Edited by whipster

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forums so please excuse me if I'm posting in wrong topic.

I need latest Prema BIOS for Clevo P870DM-G to support i7-7700k.

At this moment I'm building new barebone so I don't have 6th gen CPU, I don't know is there any flashing method with USB boot available or I need to find some 6th gen CPU prior flashing.

Donation is not problem ;)

Regards

Hi, not sure if that's the right subforum to ask the question, but I figured it may be somehow related to me flashing the vbios for my 970m. I am having issues when trying to update gpu drivers on p751zm (Win10). I was not using the laptop for last couple of weeks due to cpu upgrade, and now when trying to update to the latest drivers it seems to install fine, but after the restart the laptop goes into a bootloop and I need to do a system restore in order to get into OS again.. I was trying to remove the drivers via DDU and then doing a clean install, but it ends same with a bootloop after first reboot.. Have anyone encountered the same issue?  

I recently purchased a cyberpowerpc laptop with clevo "w370ss" model number on the back. However, windows 10 identifies it as "w35xss_370ss" - which bios should i be flashing to correctly install permabios?

I7-4810mq @2.8ghz and gtx 860m

American Megatrends BIOS 4.6.5

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic