[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

On 12/27/2016 at 7:36 AM, Syb said:

I'm looking for the last version of the BIOS for the P170EM from clevo, could you guide me to find where it is located ? Also I don't know what the difference with the T version :'(

Thanks !

Looking for the same v3B bios for 170EM in a pinch. (W10 driver issues)

Hi Prema,

May I ask if there will ever be a pathway for people who did not purchase their laptop from a Prema Partner to obtain the Skylake/Pascal Prema Mod BIOS once they become available? In my case, I received the P650RS-G as a gift, so I personally did not have the choice to select a Prema Partner when purchasing, however, I would be very willing to either pay a Prema Partner directly for a one-time flash of the BIOS, or donate via your Wordpress site. Is there any chance that any such potential options will be available in the future? Both myself and many others in the community greatly appreciate your work, but unfortunately some of us just don't have the possibility/chance to obtain our laptops from Prema Partners, and are desperately hoping that we won't be left behind with future BIOS mods.

First of all, Thank you Prema for your great support and effort,

I have upgraded my P375SM gpu card from GTX780M card to GTX980M and I already have Prema BIOS 1.03.03 v2 since the day it was released, now after the upgrade the bios cannot recognize the 980m card it shows unknown; therefore, I have to hook another monitor in hdmi cable to access the bios and /or go to safe mode.

How can I solve this problem? Should I flash with GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2? However, windows 10 can identify the card just fine in devise manager with the latest NVidia driver.

System (p375sm) specs:

• Intel® Core™ i7-4930MX Processor Extreme Edition

• 8GB NVidia GeForce GTX 980M DDR5

• 2x Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GB Kit 1600MHz DDR3L CL9

• 2x Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB - mSATA Internal SSD in raid0

• 2x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2017 at 11:30 AM, nobelove999 said:

First of all, Thank you Prema for your great support and effort,

I have upgraded my P375SM gpu card from GTX780M card to GTX980M and I already have Prema BIOS 1.03.03 v2 since the day it was released, now after the upgrade the bios cannot recognize the 980m card it shows unknown; therefore, I have to hook another monitor in hdmi cable to access the bios and /or go to safe mode.

How can I solve this problem? Should I flash with GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2? However, windows 10 can identify the card just fine in devise manager with the latest NVidia driver.

System (p375sm) specs:

• Intel® Core™ i7-4930MX Processor Extreme Edition

• 8GB NVidia GeForce GTX 980M DDR5

• 2x Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GB Kit 1600MHz DDR3L CL9

• 2x Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB - mSATA Internal SSD in raid0

• 2x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

Ok, I just flashed prema vbios  mod GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2, it seems like the temperature dropped but the main problem still exist, the bios didn't identify the card and remains unknown.

please let me know how to fix this it's really important as i use this laptop for work. thanks

49 minutes ago, nobelove999 said:

Ok, I just flashed prema vbios  mod GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2, it seems like the temperature dropped but the main problem still exist, the bios didn't identify the card and remains unknown.

please let me know how to fix this it's really important as i use this laptop for work. thanks

The BIOS reading the card as unknown means nothing. It will work anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, nobelove999 said:

It means everything to me, I can't go into safe mode or access bios unless I have another monitor,this is not practical for business specially i am always on the move.

I apologize for missing the actual problem in an earlier post. It is completely normal that when using a card that came out after a system was released that the system will not recognize it. This is to be completely expected. The card not displaying the BIOS on the internal display is unrelated to the BIOS reading the card as "unknown".

So the internal display does turn on when you get to windows when the Nvidia driver loads? As far as I know the 980m should work fine on your system without any BIOS mods. @Darcoder has a 980m in the same system as you and I do not believe he has this issue.

I would remove and reseat the card. Make sure the mxm connector is completely clean. Rub the mxm connector pins in the direction of the pins with a cloth (shirts are good) and rubbing alcohol. This will make sure they are completely clean. Display outputs and PCI-E are very sensitive to dirt on the connector because they are high frequency.

Edited by Khenglish
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Khenglish for you response, no problem at all, i am not sure if the mxm connector are the reason because  i made sure they are clean beside the card came to me directly from Euorocom brand new and sealed.but it won't harm to redo it,  I don't know about Darcoder but his system is ( P377sma ) and his bios could be defferent, so I wonder if i use his bios my problem will be cleared?

I already tried the p370sm bios as Prema advised  to someone on his official site before, but still " unknown". :( 

Edited by nobelove999

in my p377sma, bios prema v2 and vbios prema. System detect the gpu as nvidia. 

But for my 1070N, it detect and will stay as unknow, to be able to install nvidia drivers, you have to boot with f7 ( driver disable something) from recovery\advance setup... then mod .inf driver to be able to instal a nvidia driver.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you Darcoder for joining in, I have contacted Eurocom and they sent me a custom bios, now the gpu is identified the way it should be but the same problem still exists which I can't access bios or safe mode without a second monitor.

Edited by nobelove999

so u just mean u screen from inside laptop is not working a anymore? 

u screen might have a wrong edid....u had a common ws10 problem.... only way to get out of this is to override edid from screen. there is a tutorial in nbr forum, i think alienware forum

Edited by Darcoder

actually it's a vise verse case, the windows can see and identify the gpu just fine after installing nvidia driver but bios is not picking up the card that's why I need a second monitor only in bios and safe mode.

Never had this  issue with 780m for 4 years including 2 years with windows 10. 

Edited by nobelove999

Hello everyone,

I have a clevo p651se and his harddrive is almost full , so i wanted to buy a m.2 pcie ssd and since this computer has pcie2.0 x4 connector i was wondering if there is a mod to update this to 3.0 or to support the nvme , i saw on the first page that there is only a vbios for p65xse , which is only for gpu i think?

thanks

Edited by kogoro

I finally dowloaded the prema biosmod and the modded bios was inside , i also give a little money to prema to thanks him.

After some hour of search because of some  "resume from hibernation"  problem which didn't allow me to enter the bios non modded  ( problem solved only type  shutdown /s /f /t 0  on the command window and you will have a full shutdown )  i finally found the version of my bios : 1.03.01  , i also found on an other website a newer bios for the computer   (http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-bios-older-models-released-in-after-2014.790474/ )  1.05.01 "support for win 10"  , i am already in win 10 ^^ , my question: should i install the premamod bios now or should i update the EC and bios before ????

and second question does the premamod bios change something about pciessd compatibility ? (nvme   3.0  etc. )????

THANKS for reading !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I modded my bios for the microcode hack to be able to oc my i7 4710mq in my P170SM-A. Here' the link to the site that shows how to mod http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/4ghz-overclock-i7-4xxxxmq-h-to-i7-extreme-conversion-intel-haswell-cpu-microcode-bug-hack.790177/

The instructions do not mention adding the old version microcode back into the bios, so i didn't, but I have a feeling i should have. my laptop now has a black screen and reboots every minute continually. If I put a usb with a rom of the bios that prema put in another post for the fn b method, and I hold fn b, my usb's lights flash and the hdd light on the laptop flashes 3 times in a row quicky  every few seconds then the flashing stops and the laptop gets stuck in the blackscreen reboot loop again. 

What should I do? I need this laptop for my study that starts in a week.

The bios it was running before the issues is this. Image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QJ1eF_RQN8NnJJdjVDQnVpLTZobkpucFJOVl9LSUxveXZv/view?usp=sharing

Rom file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QJ1eF_RQN8MEZhYmVJQzlnWlU/view?usp=sharing

And the modded one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QJ1eF_RQN8SmhsZHJ5TWpGMzA/view?usp=sharing

If it can be fixed, I'll happily donate :)

If soft fixes don't work, what options are there with flashing the bios chip directly?

Thanks

Robin

Edited by robinlecouteur
added link to microcode mod site

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic