[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

12 hours ago, TheHawk1337 said:

Hi, I'm looking for a bios for my P650RG with skylake CPU (6700HQ). I only see the P6xxSE and P6xxSG models having a prema mod bios, are these compatible with my P650RG?

Thanks!

No, however:

Hello,  

I recently tried to overwrite my stock BIOS with the V2 PremaMod BIOS for my Clevo GTX 980M and the latest NVIDIA drivers( 373.06). Everything worked great until I enter a game, after about 1-2 minutes the laptop shuts down and the LED located on the power supply also turns off. My laptop is a Eurocom X3 ( P157SM) which originally came with a GTX 780M and I still use the 180W Power Supply from them, could this be the problem?

I didn't try to overclock anything because I know 180w is simply not enough. If I use the stock BIOS again, everything works back again.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Hello,  

I recently tried to overwrite my stock BIOS with the V2 PremaMod BIOS for my Clevo GTX 980M and the latest NVIDIA drivers( 373.06). Everything worked great until I enter a game, after about 1-2 minutes the laptop shuts down and the LED located on the power supply also turns off. My laptop is a Eurocom X3 ( P157SM) which originally came with a GTX 780M and I still use the 180W Power Supply from them, could this be the problem?

I didn't try to overclock anything because I know 180w is simply not enough. If I use the stock BIOS again, everything works back again.

Did you use both the system and video BIOS mods?

• 2 weeks later...

Prema, I need help over here!

What does the "iout offset" and "iout slope" in the "CPU configuration" mean? what is iout?

I am trying to undervoltage my 4700MQ on P157SMA with PM V2 since the CPU temp runs to 90+ with FPUing or P95 small FFTing. I set CPU core voltage offset to -90 and it worked without crash for several months. A couple of days ago I set it to -120. (Further than that will result in bluescreens)

No bluescreens occur under the heavy tortures of P95 or LinX or AIDA64 FPU. However when I choose shutdown today after a day of microsoft office (several minutes ago before I start writing this) I suffered a blue screen. It seems that this CPU at low frequency does require a higher voltage than this.

I read the OC guides written by other Chinese OCers and it mentioned the LLC(load line caliberation). However I didn't find anything like this in the PM bios.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Utopia-Phoenix

9 hours ago, Utopia-Phoenix said:

Prema, I need help over here!

What does the "iout offset" and "iout slope" in the "CPU configuration" mean? what is iout?

I am trying to undervoltage my 4700MQ on P157SMA with PM V2 since the CPU temp runs to 90+ with FPUing or P95 small FFTing. I set CPU core voltage offset to -90 and it worked without crash for several months. A couple of days ago I set it to -120. (Further than that will result in bluescreens)

No bluescreens occur under the heavy tortures of P95 or LinX or AIDA64 FPU. However when I choose shutdown today after a day of microsoft office (several minutes ago before I start writing this) I suffered a blue screen. It seems that this CPU at low frequency does require a higher voltage than this.

I read the OC guides written by other Chinese OCers and it mentioned the LLC(load line caliberation). However I didn't find anything like this in the PM bios.

Any suggestions?

Those affect CPU TDP reporting. You can't undervolt in BIOS. If the system isn't stable it just means you've gone too far.

2 hours ago, octiceps said:

Those affect CPU TDP reporting. You can't undervolt in BIOS. If the system isn't stable it just means you've gone too far.

You can undervolt CPU in BIOS though. My model can too; I just don't because sometimes it resets.

3 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

You can undervolt CPU in BIOS though. My model can too; I just don't because sometimes it resets.

I see. Not all Clevo models can undervolt in BIOS though, even with a Prema Mod. My P650SG flashed with PMv2 cannot.

Those two settings, IOUT Offset and IOUT Slope, don't affect voltage.

8 hours ago, octiceps said:

I see. Not all Clevo models can undervolt in BIOS though, even with a Prema Mod. My P650SG flashed with PMv2 cannot.

Now I've set it to -115 and wait for any bluescreens. (I've been working on a translation project with ms word all day long while waiting for it) If not, this is the final results of undervolt.

I rarely use my P157SMA on heavy work such as gaming though- I have a desktop PC with 4790K at 4.6 Ghz and a GTX 750 TI as a transition, where games are played. (Awaiting 2 NVIDIA GPUs of the large die size for the next generation gaming) The P157SMA acts mainly as a office handler and only in rare cases,the game handler. (Moving to parent's house on the annual spring festival) Light work is the most conditions it handle.

After all, the temp and workload of FPU and P95 FFT is too much and will never occur in 99%, if not 100% of its usage, isn't it? My desktop has the delided 4790K at 1.25V and 4.6Ghz with thermalright Le grand macho cooler along with a TY-143 fan. With FPU and P95 FFT the CPU ran up to 85C on temp and 168W on wattage, but I never see a temp higher than 65  and a wattage of over 100 in daily conditions even if I put a full load of BOINC WCG or any type of gaming on it. The temp torture of P95 or FPU seems useless and senseless.

1 hour ago, octiceps said:

Exactly. It is an unrealistic workload.

What would you use to test if an OC settings is successful? I am thinking of pulling the 4790K to 4.7 or 4.8 Ghz with higher voltage. However, the Le won't handle its wrath of heat under FPU or P95 FFT at that frequency. (That's about 180W on 4.7 Ghz FPU at 1.30V- will only last for 1 minute before overheat and CPU throttling)

What can we use to put a torture test to it without overheating and throttling?

2 minutes ago, Utopia-Phoenix said:

What would you use to test if an OC settings is successful? I am thinking of pulling the 4790K to 4.7 or 4.8 Ghz with higher voltage. However, the Le won't handle its wrath of heat under FPU or P95 FFT at that frequency. (That's about 180W on 4.7 Ghz FPU at 1.30V- will only last for 1 minute before overheat and CPU throttling)

What can we use to put a torture test to it without overheating and throttling?

TS (ThrottleStop) Bench 1024M

wPrime 1024M

Prime95 small FFT with AVX disabled (Add CpuSupportsAVX=0 to local.txt)

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:54 AM, Prema said:
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:54 PM, CROSSFIREGTI said:

PREMA I download the bios you have here for my GTX 580M,and the version with the oc .92v,i flash it and it give me a black screen with a flashing red line on the top of my screen....BUT,when I connect the DVI port from my P150HM laptop to my external screen it works!! The same goes for all the bios you have in the file including the stock one.....so I flashed back the one I had before, from the vga bios collection TECHPOERUP.so did I did any mistake on flashing the bios or something else?

Thanks!!

Flash a P170HM BIOS and use XTU v2.1. ;)

Depends on the MXM board revision.
Just try it, the wrong version won't flash either way. ;)

Guys a fast question,can the MSI GTX 670MX can work on a CLEVO P150HM laptop?Thanks!!!

14 minutes ago, octiceps said:

TS (ThrottleStop) Bench 1024M

wPrime 1024M

Prime95 small FFT with AVX disabled (Add CpuSupportsAVX=0 to local.txt)

I didn't prepare the first two software. However, with the P95 small FFT with AVX disabled, I got a CPU temp of 88C on P157SMA without downclocking- that's 58 watts on 3.4 Ghz!

That would assume that it simulates daily conditions. The CPU will be hot, but no downclocking will occur.

Although I noticed that most notebooks will disable CPU turbo boost while gaming (i.e. the dgpu is active). Don't know if prema broke this limit.

5 minutes ago, Utopia-Phoenix said:

I didn't prepare the first two software. However, with the P95 small FFT with AVX disabled, I got a CPU temp of 88C on P157SMA without downclocking- that's 58 watts on 3.4 Ghz!

That would assume that it simulates daily conditions. The CPU will be hot, but no downclocking will occur.

Although I noticed that most notebooks will disable CPU turbo boost while gaming (i.e. the dgpu is active). Don't know if prema broke this limit.

Recent Intel CPUs go ballistic when running AVX instructions, which is why disabling AVX reduces heat and power consumption so drastically.

Hi, 

Is Prema still modding BIOSes for Clevo devices?

There is an updated BIOS for the Clevo P157SM-A. The complete EC is different and is not compatible with the old Prema Mod BIOS. Without the latest BIOS Windows 8/10 will probably have some kind of compatibility issues and the latest Hotkey software won't work (So it's a kind of important update). 

I'm trying to contact Prema since April to get information if any update is planned or not, but never got any response. (https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p157sm-a/)

Is anybody still active modding the BIOS for the P157SM-A? Any hope for an update or at least some comment on this from Prema?

On 10/31/2016 at 5:53 PM, octiceps said:

Ah. Makes sense I guess. Maybe it's all about the models. I know the SM & SM-A series could undervolt (at least with prema mod). I know the ZM/DM can as well. Didn't know the P6xxSx couldn't. Can the P6xxRx I wonder?

Hello folks i have a Clevo P771DM with a 980 GTX M 8 GB  (Intel GPU disabled by vendor) , bios does not allow fan control or overclocking

Im looking for a way to gain at least fan control for the gpu because the Control Software Center of Clevo frankly blows nuts.

(This is a 2500$ Machine and they provide literally no support , no bios updates and ship a software that is ultimatley garbage)

Basically i want to be able to control my gpu with third party tools such as MSI Afterburner (well at least the fan speeds)

Can this be done or is there one i can get for this already?

Regards, Sabre

This is the V-BIOS

psp.png

GM204.zip

Edited by sabrehawk

I saw on some posts that there are some v3 prema bios. Is such the case for Clevo P157SM & GTX980M 8GB? I can't find them on prema's website. The reason I need it is because optimus won't work on my laptop with windows 10 64-bit. Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi there Folks,

I am currently having the following problem with my Clevo P170SM-A running Prema Bios with Win 8.1 64bit OS. The system was working fine when I last placed it into Hibernation. Now when I start the system I get the Prema Mod Splash screen with the words Resuming from Hibernation at the bottom, next appears the Raid Controller listing of the hard drives with the press CTRL-I to enter, following that the system just sits there. 

I am unable to enter the bios using F2 regardless of when I hit F2 or if I hit it like a crazy woodpecker during boot, nor am I able to use F8 to enter Safe Mode. I have tried the following things so far to correct the problem;

1. Removing the Boot Drive

2. Disconnecting Mains Power, removing the Battery and disconnecting the Bios Battery from the Mainboard. Then reconnecting the bios battery and power to try another boot.

3. Trying to boot from a USB stick does not work as I am unable to select alternative boot drives.

If anyone has any ideas how to solve this issue I would be grateful.

Thanks

DOA2015

On ‎02‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 11:37 AM, rkk said:

Hi, 

Is Prema still modding BIOSes for Clevo devices?

There is an updated BIOS for the Clevo P157SM-A. The complete EC is different and is not compatible with the old Prema Mod BIOS. Without the latest BIOS Windows 8/10 will probably have some kind of compatibility issues and the latest Hotkey software won't work (So it's a kind of important update). 

I'm trying to contact Prema since April to get information if any update is planned or not, but never got any response. (https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p157sm-a/)

Is anybody still active modding the BIOS for the P157SM-A? Any hope for an update or at least some comment on this from Prema?

If you need the Fan Control from this new EC 1.05.01 (i wrote some Posts before) then you can use Hotkey 3.08.20!
It works fine with PremaMod v2 and that Hotkey Version - you can use it like in the attached Picture :)

Untitled.jpg

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic