[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

As Prema said, but I decided to try anyway: THIS IS WARNING!
If you have Clevo with MS HYBRID mode, such as P671RG/schenker XMG P7xx/Medion Erazer X784xx: DO NOT FLASH any bios in discrete mode(where only nvidia gpu is active) unless you are 100% sure that someone who posted modded bios took it precisely from discrete mode of your notebook (so protip is: dont flash random stuff).
It seems that in discrete mode, gpu has entirely different bios than in MSHYBRID mode. Even if it's MXM model and bios is storaged in gpu, not in motherboard. I flashed some clevo vbios on my erazer in mshybrid and It worked. 
I flashed EXACLTY THE SAME vbios in discrete mode and it failed badly: SCREEN WOULD GO BLACK BECAUSE OF LACK OF SIGNAL, AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SEE SYSTEM BIOS OR ANYTHING ELSE.
I already talked about it. Intel iGPU is totally off in this mode, so it's only logical.

The way to escape dead end from situation like this is to use teamviewer, for example. I managed to use teamwiever and flash stock rom again.
If you  hadn't install teamviewer, there is another way: reset CMOS: this should revert bios settings back to stock, which would switch you back to MSHYBRID.
And then you can install teamviewer and rescue ur dGPU mode. 

Edited by n3roxe

On 8/15/2016 at 8:30 PM, biklas7 said:

Hi guys,

I was having some troubles after the windows 10 anniversary update screwed my modded drivers that I've installed for my GTX970M in my Clevo P150EM, but I've managed to install the latest nvidia driver provided by clevo. Version 368.83 by modding the inf file and the driver was installed but when I start a game it won't start using the Nvidia Graphic Card, it always uses my Intel HD no matter what I do!

Thought about two reasons for this to happen:
- I have to use an older driver version since I see more people in the forums reporting success.
- I saw in premamod.com Prema saying that with version v2 of vBios any driver should work but we need the last version of intel HD drivers since as he said "The Intel driver does the switching. For latest nvidia driver you also need the latest Intel GPU driver or they won’t work together." and I did the update for the intel drivers to the last version and nothing. The problem still persists.

What do you guys think of this? Any ideas?

Hi I would like to bump this post as well. I was on windows 10, P150EM 970M with Bios and Vbios mod from Prema. After the Anniversary update my drivers stopped working so I rolled back the update and it still didn't help. I even rolled back to windows 7 and it doesn't work as well. Can you guys suggest me to try something else to get computer to switch to the card? Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you sure about that? Your P6xxSG/SE mod didn't fix it.

At that time no one had reported a problem on P6xxSx before those Mods where published (two years back?)...

1 hour ago, Prema said:

At that time no one had reported a problem on P6xxSx before those Mods where published (two years back?)...

The reviews on NotebookCheck and Gaming Laptops Junky mentioned it, on P6xxRG/RE as well. Dunno about end-users but wouldn't surprise me if they didn't pay attention or accepted the convenient "all HQ processors throttle" which you know isn't necessarily true (silicon itself is fine, throttling is firmware induced).

Anyway I was just curious because not as many people had access to your mod during P6xxRG/RE gen since that unfortunate incident, so IDK if you fixed it, and the problem is still present on current P6xxRP6/P6xxRS.

Edit: Pure speculation on my part but maybe because Skylake uses less power and undervolts better than Haswell, so it was less noticeable? Although if you got a bad bin or are overclocking it still throttles.

Edited by octiceps

P6 user are usually just not power user that purchase the systems as their main rendering rig. The general gamer doesn't care too much about CPU clocks, so simply won't even notice the combined load throttle.

By default ALL models throttle and I wonder why people are still surprised about it, since that's been the default ever since Ivy Bridge models came along. CPU Turbo was entirely disabled once the dGPU became active. Now it's just more subtle...

That being said, we can remove any and all throttle levels on all Clevos P-Series models, that's not a problem.
After all that's part of what Prema Mods are for. :)

49 minutes ago, Prema said:

P6 user are usually just not power user that purchase the systems as their main rendering rig. The general gamer doesn't care too much about CPU clocks, so simply won't even notice the combined load throttle.

True, that's what I assumed.

By default ALL models throttle and I wonder why people are still surprised about it, since that's been the default ever since Ivy Bridge models came along. CPU Turbo was entirely disabled once the dGPU became active. Now it's just more subtle...

That being said, we can remove any and all throttle levels on all Clevos P-Series models, that's not a problem.

giphy.gif

Edited by octiceps

On 9/5/2016 at 6:03 PM, Prema said:

As usual that won't be a problem with the Mods...

19 hours ago, Prema said:

No surprises here, but still glad for the confirmation - thanks brother @Prema :D I am a power user more than an average gamer, but thankfully my heaviest CPU-bound non-game loads would probably be business-related and thus done on my work desktop packing a 4790. It'll still be great solving the throttle and being able to undervolt more sanely than with just XTU. NBR users are reporting 75-150mv stable undervolts and pretty major temp improvements with such...

...but that's off topic for this thread I think. Thanks again!

Wow, almost 150 pages already.. Simple question any chances for prema p751dm2-g ? Saw it "available" on Dream Machines, but can't find it in your list on your site.

and yea, I've searched the topic but couldn't find any answer, so that's why I'm wasting more of your precious time to get any answer :(

On 9/7/2016 at 5:52 AM, gooface said:

Hey Prema I just got a P650RS6-G today from Sager, I have been a supporter of you in the past and I have used your bios on all my laptops and even helped you test them before you went public with them.

I am super sad knowing that now you will not release your bios to the public anymore, you are one of the main reasons I have stuck with this brand.

I see that you have a deal going on that says you will give out a personal bios to people if they donate more than $10 (I have donated to you in the past on your site)

Will you be extending your offer to owners of Pascal? Will there be updates to this bios you give us or is it a one time deal?

Like I said, I love your work and I really think you are a talented person, I really would love to continue to use your bios mods and whatever updates you release to them down the road if possible. (dont want to be stuck on a old bios release)

Anyways, please let me know if this is possible and I will be more than happy to donate to you.

Thanks!

Hello @Prema. I am the owner of P170EM model laptop. I upgraded my laptop, placing it top-end processor and graphics card I7-3940XM NW980M. I use the BIOS from Eurocom and VBios your last. Say please and whether your BIOS mod 3 versions with support for 900-series cards for P170EM or you will no longer do for this model which is modified? If you can book your mod please tell me how to do it =) I will gladly order from you. Sorry for bad english

I need help i have an p170hm clevo and my GPU died then i was told nvidia gtx 260m should work in so i bought it because it was cheap .. :)
And now i got a picture and it is nice but i can't  install the driver to it. it's says it cant find the hardware when i try to install it. But i think my computer is locked some how but is there any way to unlock it and can a bios update be the solution?

Hope you can help @Prema Or anybody else. :D

On 11/9/2016 at 3:53 PM, Volds said:

I need help i have an p170hm clevo and my GPU died then i was told nvidia gtx 260m should work in it so i bought it because it was cheap .. :)
And now i got a picture and it is nice but i can't  install the driver to it. it's says it cant find the hardware when i try to install it. But i think my computer is locked some how but is there any way to unlock it and can a bios update be the solution?

Hope you can help @Prema Or anybody else. :D

Bios cant recognice the gpu ? :/

Bios picture.jpg

14285114_10154351414101550_1037586135_o.jpg

Edited by Volds

Hey guys, 

Does anyone know an ETA for the  P650RP6-G PremaBios to be available?

Really need ATA Password support on this .

@Prema sent you a request via main website form, would be willing to make a very generous donation for it :)

Now, another option I have seen for adding ATA Password support as a Bios extension was this neafty little project :

http://www.tb-kaiser.de/ahci_sbe/

Not sure if it would work but can't find any original BIOS for these new models available for download anywhere .

Edited by T ripton

Hello, I have the V2 bios mod installed into a p150em and got a gtx 970m which works great but I noticed not all programs recognize the dGPU and run off the intel HD graphics instead.  Anyone else have that problem before and is there a fix for that?

gpu.gif

2 hours ago, xarmius said:

Hello, I have the V2 bios mod installed into a p150em and got a gtx 970m which works great but I noticed not all programs recognize the dGPU and run off the intel HD graphics instead.  Anyone else have that problem before and is there a fix for that?

Opening the Nvidia Control Panel,then go to "Manage 3D settings" then change "Preferred graphics processor" to "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

This should force all programs to run on the 970m.

Hello,

I have a P150EM and I bought a GTX 880m to fit in it. What I did not know is that it was not compatible, it says "N/A" in the BIOS, then beeps and after a while it shuts off so it is probably the temperature sensor acting up.

I saw a thread on these and it is required a BIOS and vBIOS combination. Is this correct? Is there any other way of making this work?

7 hours ago, CROSSFIREGTI said:

hi Prema do you now if you have the bios for the gtx 680m to play on the p150HM laptop because I search everyware and I cant find it!!

ONLY use version the "80.04.29.00.01" based version from this Mod package:

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic