[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

11 hours ago, Prema said:

As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry.

2 hours ago, Stefoss said:

Hi @Prema, sorry but I cannot see a reply to mine (though you quoted me)

@StefossCan you see that?

He said "As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry"

Edited by Chronokiller
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, DanielPedroZa said:
On 8/4/2016 at 4:39 PM, Prema said:
Use the Prema Mod Toolkit instead of GPU-Z to make backups (If that doesn't work then the vBIOS is hosted inside the system BIOS):

[/url]

@Prema I have to pay ??? [emoji20]

No you only have to read: ;)

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

11 hours ago, Stefoss said:

Now I can see it, thanks

That was my bad! Sometimes it's difficult to edit large replies on the mobile...sorry!

I currently have your modded VBIOS for a GTX 980M, and I want to overclock it slightly. I have already increased the clocks with nvidia inspector, but I want to have the card load these clocks automatically since now I know that they are stable.

Could you modify my VBIOS at P[0] so that the offset for base clock is +127? I'm not interested in doing anything with the voltage as it's not needed.

Thanks.

Edited by SniperTNT

2 hours ago, SniperTNT said:

I currently have your modded VBIOS for a GTX 980M, and I want to overclock it slightly. I have already increased the clocks with nvidia inspector, but I want to have the card load these clocks automatically since now I know that they are stable.

Could you modify my VBIOS at P[0] so that the offset for base clock is +127? I'm not interested in doing anything with the voltage as it's not needed.

Thanks.

You should be able to do it yourself with Maxwell 2 BIOS Tweaker.

Edited by octiceps

Hi. I've been trying to get this card(MS-1W0J1 GTX 970M 3GB) to work on Alienware M18x r2. I have Swick's latest unlocked BIOS installed and the card is recognised by the BIOS and everything works normal on startup menus. However, when I try to install newest NVIDIA drivers(both 380&390), with or without the modded .inf, the screen goes black and stays like that until I let the computer sleep and on wake I get the screen back. I tried with both PEG and AUTO GFX setting in BIOS.

I wonder if this is caused by the MSI vBios being not compatible with this Alienware model. I tried to find a CLEVO bios matching my card, but most seems to be for the 6gb model and the ones I find around seems to be untested and marked as dangerous.

I would be glad if you could help me flash a compatible one. Current vBios file is added. Thanks.

GM204.rom

On 24/05/2016 at 5:58 PM, Prema said:

As a result of the unrighteous actions of Jacob Rosenberg (user @Exec360 ), who couldn't resist to break his promise & betray my trust, the public release of the Prema Mod (v)BIOS for all 49 Clevo Skylake gaming models, which was scheduled for the first of June, is hereby postponed indefinitely.

Prema Out!

Too bad because of suckers like this the rest of us are punished. We the rest still respect you Prema for all your hard work, I just hope you will change your mind sometime in the future, do not let you be affected of  what one idiot did and punish the rest for one's mistake.

All the best.

Edited by runix18

hello

I have a clevo p651se with a gtx 970m 3gb , I was wondering if someone here has a vbios for this computer , I have searched for so long on the internet , I found a vbios on techpowerup from Prema but it's for clevo p650se gtx970m 3gb ... . I am not well versed in vbios , What tool would you recommand to install a vbios  and  do i need to save the bios before? ( i have tried to save with gpu-z but it didn't work ):  )

if you can help me  I will be very happy. ( sorry for the english  , i live in france and the english language  isn't my mothertongue )

Thanks

5 hours ago, kogoro said:

hello

I have a clevo p651se with a gtx 970m 3gb , I was wondering if someone here has a vbios for this computer , I have searched for so long on the internet , I found a vbios on techpowerup from Prema but it's for clevo p650se gtx970m 3gb ... . I am not well versed in vbios , What tool would you recommand to install a vbios  and  do i need to save the bios before? ( i have tried to save with gpu-z but it didn't work ):  )

if you can help me  I will be very happy. ( sorry for the english  , i live in france and the english language  isn't my mothertongue )

Thanks

Don't use files from such sources. The correct flash packages with all instructions are right in the OP of this very thread.

5 hours ago, Prema said:

Don't use files from such sources. The correct flash packages with all instructions are right in the OP of this very thread.

Hello, bro! Papusan from notebookreview says me that he used on his laptop p870dm-g bios from your personal build, unlocked bios. Can you tell me what price will be if you will make for me personal UNLOCKED bios for my clevo p870dm-g with latest firmware 1.05.08? 

Hi guys,

I was having some troubles after the windows 10 anniversary update screwed my modded drivers that I've installed for my GTX970M in my Clevo P150EM, but I've managed to install the latest nvidia driver provided by clevo. Version 368.83 by modding the inf file and the driver was installed but when I start a game it won't start using the Nvidia Graphic Card, it always uses my Intel HD no matter what I do!

Thought about two reasons for this to happen:
- I have to use an older driver version since I see more people in the forums reporting success.
- I saw in premamod.com Prema saying that with version v2 of vBios any driver should work but we need the last version of intel HD drivers since as he said "The Intel driver does the switching. For latest nvidia driver you also need the latest Intel GPU driver or they won’t work together." and I did the update for the intel drivers to the last version and nothing. The problem still persists.

What do you guys think of this? Any ideas?

Hello,

I have a Clevo P170EM with a dedicated Radeon 7970m GPU. Sometime ago, the GPU started causing problems and now only shows a black screen in windows, so I assume that the GPU is faulty. I removed the video card but the Clevo Controller seems to handle the missing temperature data as overheating and shuts the laptop down, so I had to put the GPU back in.

Now I want to disable the dGPU completely using your BIOS mod. But I'm not sure if this is possible with Prema Bios, so I wanted to ask you first before installing the BIOS mod. Is it possible to disable a dGPU completely with Prema BIOS? Thanks

You trying to edit an already modded vBIOS. If you alter those type of Mods further it'll brick your GPU.

You can only use a stock vBIOS with those editors.

As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry.

Use the Prema Mod Toolkit instead of GPU-Z to make backups (If that doesn't work then the vBIOS is hosted inside the system BIOS):

Check in NVIDIA Inpsecor OC tab if the core OC slider is still limited to only 135hz. If it is boot into Windows safe and flash it from there...

Load BIOS defaults, save and exit, disconnect power for 30s. Then make your usual manual changes.

Tip: This board only supports GPU ASPM set to L0s and NOT down to L1. ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have tried the above step and it doesn't seem to work. Right now my laptop just freezes up on the windows 10 logo spinning circle things, until I remove the gpu in bios and boot it up then it shows code 43 in device manager

Edited by Killah

Thanks Prema. I've been using K2 EDITION Prema Mod v2 with my Clevo P170EM and I'm quite happy with it. I had some problems flashing Bios though a Rufus bootable USB drive though, it wasn't working as flashing process wouldn't start. (It was giving not enough memory error.). So I tried an alternative method and created a bootable USB drive using HP Flash Utility with Win98 MS-DOS system files with that I could flash the Bios with no hassle.

On 8/14/2016 at 4:22 PM, Prema said:

Hello, will P775DM3-G vbios be possible?

On 8/15/2016 at 5:30 PM, biklas7 said:

Hi guys,

I was having some troubles after the windows 10 anniversary update screwed my modded drivers that I've installed for my GTX970M in my Clevo P150EM, but I've managed to install the latest nvidia driver provided by clevo. Version 368.83 by modding the inf file and the driver was installed but when I start a game it won't start using the Nvidia Graphic Card, it always uses my Intel HD no matter what I do!

Thought about two reasons for this to happen:
- I have to use an older driver version since I see more people in the forums reporting success.
- I saw in premamod.com Prema saying that with version v2 of vBios any driver should work but we need the last version of intel HD drivers since as he said "The Intel driver does the switching. For latest nvidia driver you also need the latest Intel GPU driver or they won’t work together." and I did the update for the intel drivers to the last version and nothing. The problem still persists.

What do you guys think of this? Any ideas?

I just want to bump biklas7's question for @Prema. I am also having the same issue with the Win10 Anniversary update. I have a GTX 970m in my P170EM working great with PremaMod before the anniversary update. After the update, games don't detect the 970m and the drivers are installed just fine. Rolling back to before the update, and everything works again. 

Thank you!

Edited by Dodds23
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic