[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

On 6/27/2016 at 11:41 PM, Dr. AMK said:

Dear @Prema if you please give me your respected Bios and vBios for my gtx 770m in Alienware 17 r5. Thanks in advance. My vBios attached, and my Bios is the original Alienware 17 ver 14.

Orginal_GK106_Alienware17_GTX770m.rom

Dear @Prema just following up with you are those Bios and vBios available? 

Guys, this thread is beginning to scare me. Hope I will find a day soon to answer all your questions... :geek:

1 hour ago, Dr. AMK said:

Dear @Prema just following up with you are those Bios and vBios available? 

I never publicly published 7th generation (Kepler) vBIOS Mods, but you can take a look here at svl7's work:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, TISMP said:

It looks like my Fn key and Win key are swapped.  I see pictures of keyboards on ebay with that being the case.  I think it is the keyboard I got with this computer is a replacement with someone swapping the keys?  Does that sound right?

I just physically swapped the Win and Fn key so it works fine now.

Hello Prema. I would like to learn something concerning your modifications =) Tell please and whether there will be something new in Bios of version 3 for P170EM in comparison with what is provided by the companies with which you cooperate and whether there will be something else interesting to bioowls of video cards? I hope that it is not such big secret and you will be able to slightly open a secret curtain at least a little.

Hi, recently I bought medion erazer x7841, which is basically clevo P671RG. It has i5-6300HQ processor which is not sufficient for me. I can overvolt and undervolt it (works great on -125mV) but can't get it to change boost clock with xtu or ThrottleStop.
It seems thas bios is blocked. Is there anything to do about it?  Prema, is there any chance you can help me?
I already flashed gpu vbios. Mine 970m isn't OC monster but it works. Now cpu is the way to go.

#donate

1 hour ago, n3roxe said:

Hi, recently I bought medion erazer x7841, which is basically clevo P671RG. It has i5-6300HQ processor which is not sufficient for me. I can overvolt and undervolt it (works great on -125mV) but can't get it to change boost clock with xtu or ThrottleStop.
It seems thas bios is blocked. Is there anything to do about it?  Prema, is there any chance you can help me?
I already flashed gpu vbios. Mine 970m isn't OC monster but it works. Now cpu is the way to go.

#donate

the P65xx series is locked cpu unless you buy the 6820HK

I recommend returning and getting a refund, pascal is very near and you're only wasting a lot of your money by holding on to that machine

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I know that pascal is near but I need some machine to study, anyway, and I got this one for pretty good price.

Damn clevo. Such wasted potential, first gsync (yeah it has LP173WF4-SPD1 with mxm 970m) and now cpu.
btw I noticed that modded vbios that I flashed dissapeared after I disabled optimus. Just flash it again, right?
Also, I overclocked the screen (well known LG panel LP173WF4-SPD1, as I mentioned) to 100hz. It seems a little more (very very little) darker than stock setting but It works well. No frame skipping.
I always overcloked almost every monitor I could, but never in notebook and never that much (except korean ones :D). There shouldn't be any problem running it like that for daily, should be?

Edited by n3roxe

13 hours ago, n3roxe said:

Yeah, I know that pascal is near but I need some machine to study, anyway, and I got this one for pretty good price.

Damn clevo. Such wasted potential, first gsync (yeah it has LP173WF4-SPD1 with mxm 970m) and now cpu.
btw I noticed that modded vbios that I flashed dissapeared after I disabled optimus. Just flash it again, right?
Also, I overclocked the screen (well known LG panel LP173WF4-SPD1, as I mentioned) to 100hz. It seems a little more (very very little) darker than stock setting but It works well. No frame skipping.
I always overcloked almost every monitor I could, but never in notebook and never that much (except korean ones :D). There shouldn't be any problem running it like that for daily, should be?

This system uses very specific vBIOS for each boot mode. If you mix-flash random stuff you will end up without dGPU...

Would be possible the gpu not work only on a especific voltage ? The Vbios from prema, could limit the max voltage ?

I have a gtx 675m on a P150m, and every time the gpu reach 0.92v for 10 sec, i have a bsod problem. So I want to limit the max voltage.

17 minutes ago, Soguro said:

Would be possible the gpu not work only on a especific voltage ? The Vbios from prema, could limit the max voltage ?

I have a gtx 675m on a P150m, and every time the gpu reach 0.92v for 10 sec, i have a bsod problem. So I want to limit the max voltage.

Open your bios in kepler bios tweaker and tweak voltages as you like.

12 hours ago, n3roxe said:

it's a side effect of overclock the monitor, sometime the edges can have black spots

you can disable optimus on p65xxx? so is possible to use dGPU only without any of the iGPU optimus shenanigans?

Well, theoretically speaking that technology is not Optimus licensed by nvidia, Prema explained it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-clevo-p650rg-p650re3-p650re6-sager-np8658-and-np8657-owners-lounge.782595/page-6#post-10111394
Technically - I dont know if they are the same, from what I know in optimus dGPU is connected to iGPU via the same bus. MSHYBRID is probably the same...
Practically - It works well and you can switch it to hybrid/dGPU mode in bios or in control center (which is basically the same, restart needed).  When you are on dGPU only, you have acces to all of the screen settings in nvidia control panel, including custom resolutions.
Thats why I need to find some non-optimus vbios version for my gpu :D

BIG EDIT: friend of mine has optimus technology on some random lenovo (i7, 950m) and he had a lot of problems with graphics switching on w10. Laptop just didn't switch to dGPU in games for some reason, even if performance settings in drivers were legit. I have not such problems at all, however, I have another problem. HDMI port doesn't work when im on hybrid mode. On 'dGPU mode only' no problem at all, but with hybrid mode system cannot detect another screen (i looked into windows settings and intel graphics software). I guess hdmi port is connected to nvidia GPU... well, generally it is a good thing since you can always use hdmi on dGPU mode. That  wouldn't be probably possible if port would be connected to igpu... which leads me to conclusion (if Im not mistaken) that both of gpu's can work  separately, intel is totally off when on dGPU mode (here is your answer @str*_an94baller) and both of them are connected to screen (2 eDP?), and there must be some way to use HDMI port on Hybrid mode, at least in games? 
So yeah, that's different than optimus. And that is why it can be turned off.

@Prema I didn't want to flash some random vbios but the one I used in hybrid mode. Doesn't it should be basically the same, but the fact there are 2 different vbios is because of hybrid mode itself? Or indeed bios is different and i should look vbios for 970m gsync versions (since they doesnt have optimus)? I dont want to screw anything :D Is there an option to flash vbios from pendrive before booting like on normal pc? In situation like this? ;)  Or I will end up without dGPU mode, like you said? Notebook boots firstly at intel gpu, right?
Well, whats the point getting rid of iGPU optimus  shenanigans if you are not able to oc dgpu :D Anyway can you guide me which bios might I flash?

Edited by n3roxe

1 hour ago, n3roxe said:

Well, theoretically speaking that technology is not Optimus licensed by nvidia, Prema explained it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-clevo-p650rg-p650re3-p650re6-sager-np8658-and-np8657-owners-lounge.782595/page-6#post-10111394
Technically - I dont know if they are the same, from what I know in optimus dGPU is connected to iGPU via the same bus. MSHYBRID is probably the same...
Practically - It works well and you can switch it to hybrid/dGPU mode in bios or in control center (which is basically the same, restart needed).  When you are on dGPU only, you have acces to all of the screen settings in nvidia control panel, including custom resolutions.
Thats why I need to find some non-optimus vbios version for my gpu :D

BIG EDIT: friend of mine has optimus technology on some random lenovo (i7, 950m) and he had a lot of problems witch graphics switching on w10. Laptop just didn't switch to dGPU in games for some reason, even if performance modes settings in drivers were legit. I have not such problems at all, however, I have another problem. HDMI port doesn't work when im on hybrid mode. With dGPU only no problem at all, but with hybrid mode system cannot detect another screen (checked in windows settings and intel graphics software). I guess hdmi port is connected to nvidia GPU... well, generally it is a good thing since you can always use hdmi on dGPU mode. That  wouldn't be probably possible if port would be connected to igpu... which leads me to conclusion (if Im not mistaken) that both of gpu's can work  separately, intel is totally off when on dGPU mode (here is your answer @str*_an94baller) and both of them are connected to screen (2 eDP?), and there must be some way to use HDMI port on Hybrid mode, at least in games? 

so it's not optimus, but sort of is

nice that you get the ability to switch to discrete, bypass all the hybrid bullshit when needed :)

2 hours ago, n3roxe said:

Open your bios in kepler bios tweaker and tweak voltages as you like.

But I'm having this error:

erro.png

Translation:

The index was out of range . It should be non-negative and less than the size of the collection .

parameter name: Index

I have a P170HM with a deceased 6990m. From what I read, it is qute an old machine to upgrade, any chance a K3100M would work ?

Looks like Prema has done some awesome work to make the impossible happen, so I still have some hope :)

@Prema I want to save bios

Identifying EEPROM... Command complete with error, Error code = 0003 Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_EID_RD_ERROR EEPROM ID process failed. ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

avell g1 511 titan

W35XSD038

Help!!! :D 

13823432_517861938405374_2036282213_n.jpg

Edited by DanielPedroZa

@Prema I have used your 980m 8gb vbios v2 flash on my alienware r3 17 4K windows 10, while i was doing it the command prompt seems to close so fast i couldn't read it telling me if it succeeded or not. i checked nvidia inspector and it shows my vbios is modified, but your splash screen doesnt show up when i start my computer does this mean the vbios flash didnt work? 

2 hours ago, bootleg1 said:

@Prema I have used your 980m 8gb vbios v2 flash on my alienware r3 17 4K windows 10, while i was doing it the command prompt seems to close so fast i couldn't read it telling me if it succeeded or not. i checked nvidia inspector and it shows my vbios is modified, but your splash screen doesnt show up when i start my computer does this mean the vbios flash didnt work? 

That's sBIOS not vBIOS

Hello @Prema the laptop I am using is a Clevo P750ZM GTX970m, I seem to be having an issue after enabling dGPU ASPM in the bios. The laptop now shows code 43 on the device manager, I have used Device driver uninstaller through safemode and reformat the laptop. On some occasions the laptop will suddenly read the Graphics card with no errors and other times code 43. I have tried reflashing the bios and disabling dGPU aspm in the bios but to no avail and I seem to be stuck with this issue.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:41 PM, Soguro said:

But I'm having this error:

erro.png

Translation:

The index was out of range . It should be non-negative and less than the size of the collection .

parameter name: Index

You trying to edit an already modded vBIOS. If you alter those type of Mods further it'll brick your GPU.

You can only use a stock vBIOS with those editors.

On 7/31/2016 at 0:56 AM, Stefoss said:

I have a P170HM with a deceased 6990m. From what I read, it is qute an old machine to upgrade, any chance a K3100M would work ?

Looks like Prema has done some awesome work to make the impossible happen, so I still have some hope :)

As of today the card won't work in HM, sorry.

On 7/31/2016 at 7:31 PM, DanielPedroZa said:

@Prema I want to save bios

Identifying EEPROM... Command complete with error, Error code = 0003 Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_EID_RD_ERROR EEPROM ID process failed. ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

avell g1 511 titan

W35XSD038

Help!!! :D 

13823432_517861938405374_2036282213_n.jpg

Use the Prema Mod Toolkit instead of GPU-Z to make backups (If that doesn't work then the vBIOS is hosted inside the system BIOS):

On 8/2/2016 at 3:01 AM, bootleg1 said:

Check in NVIDIA Inpsecor OC tab if the core OC slider is still limited to only 135hz. If it is boot into Windows safe and flash it from there...

On 8/2/2016 at 11:34 PM, Killah said:

Hello @Prema the laptop I am using is a Clevo P750ZM GTX970m, I seem to be having an issue after enabling dGPU ASPM in the bios. The laptop now shows code 43 on the device manager, I have used Device driver uninstaller through safemode and reformat the laptop. On some occasions the laptop will suddenly read the Graphics card with no errors and other times code 43. I have tried reflashing the bios and disabling dGPU aspm in the bios but to no avail and I seem to be stuck with this issue.

Load BIOS defaults, save and exit, disconnect power for 30s. Then make your usual manual changes.

Tip: This board only supports GPU ASPM set to L0s and NOT down to L1. ;)

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic