[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I have a Clevo P150EM with the gtx 675m. And I'm getting a lot of BSOD accusing the problem with nvlddmkm.sys, I tried every solution in the internet, and as you can imagine,nothing worked for me. So I'm trying to figure out a correction by myself, and one thing I wanna try is change the vbios to change some voltages and run some tests.

Is anyone having the same problem with this graphic card ?

Hi guys, have the passwords changed?  I tried both that are in the OP and I still get an error trying to extract them in WinRAR. I downloaded them directly from the biomods website because I don't have enough posts to download here.

Clevo w350ET

19 hours ago, oneillj1989 said:

Hi guys, have the passwords changed?  I tried both that are in the OP and I still get an error trying to extract them in WinRAR. I downloaded them directly from the biomods website because I don't have enough posts to download here.

Clevo w350ET

Maybe your caps-lock is on...

Ok, I need some help before doing this (I would lose my shit if this woudl get my system 'bricked')

I have a Clevo P650RE6 GTX 970M 6GB and my BIOS version is 1.05.07 (system model: P65_P67RGRERA)

IS it completely SAFE for me to flash my 970M?

Like, does my model meet the requirements to do so?

Do I have to be in discrete mode or hybrid (does it even matter)?

Must I uninstall all my gfx drivers?

And what are the benefits of flashing the vBios versus using the tuning tools that come with the Clevo software suite:

Spoiler

f568c16b2e824d7fa7acdde898e3b6f0.png

This is uncharted territory since I've never flashed a vBios and I'm not exactly sure what the benefits are and if a fallback is possible etc...let's say I would start to get artifacts etc, what then?

It's scary.

Edited by viktoris

On 23.5.2016 at 7:39 PM, j3tstream said:

finally managed to install a driver 355.82 and optimus doesn't work... it never kicks in no matter how many profiles I force to use... :logik:

edit: fixed using modded inf from http://laptopvideo2go.com/ and on of latest drivers with no signature enforcing. only way to go seems.

could u tell me how that work with the modded inf, i normally take the mobile driver but since i use 980m the optimus is gone and i would be 1 happy person if it did work again!!

do u install the mobile driver and then the modded inf for this driver?

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Prema said:

Maybe your caps-lock is on...

I was copy and pasting it in, but I must have had a brain fart and just missed a letter each time because I got it working :D

Great work! The full speed fan mode seems to ramp down every few seconds for some reason, but I am not worried about it.  I thought I read somewhere that there was a slightly more aggressive fan profile you can choose.  Maybe this is it...

I have to disable Intel Speedstep (which then disables turbo) as when the laptop resumes from sleep mode the cpu is stuck at around 1.6/1.7 GHz until a reboot.(power saver mode I think). Turbo is about 3.2ish.  Not your fault of course, just wondering if you have seen it happen before?

Thanks again for the BIOS, good work

Edited by oneillj1989

15 hours ago, viktoris said:

Is there a way for me to find out if the 970M in my Clevo P650RE6 is 1)Soldered, 2)MXM Version or 3)A Soldered MXM version (which should be OK right?)

It's soldered to the motherboard.

19 hours ago, wersuss said:

Hi Prema. Using vbios for GTX980M, but i think PSU 180W is not enough for overclocking. Can't push it too far, driver stops, or you can see fps drops. :) Clevo P150SM-A.

which cpu do u have and how do u test stability?

i tink u could get the 220w p170em psu

Hi Guys,

Please, if you're reading this and you think "god he must be dumb" just know I'll be feeling dumb as well! :whistle:

I have a Metabox Prime P650RG-G which I guessing is pretty much a Clevo P650RG-G, I'm in the same boat with a very locked down GPU with no movement for overclocking.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction about which one I download? I'm trying to match up numbers, trying to work out if it's a MXM 980 and which version, I'm very lost.

If anyone can shed any light on this you will have the thanks of a very happy chappy!

Cheers

Sean

current.gif

On 17.6.2016 at 7:30 AM, wersuss said:

I7 4710mq. I use Valley or Heaven benchmark.

normally the 180w soulh be sufficient, have u treid benching with external screen so the laptop screen is out, and uses no energy?

i got a 3920xm and 980m but 220w psu and it s all fine, your cpu pulls way less energy thou

u could also trie benching 3dmark11 becuase its not cpu AND gpu heavy, its one and then an other

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, chap said:

normally the 180w soulh be sufficient, have u treid benching with external screen so the laptop screen is out, and uses no energy?

i got a 3920xm and 980m but 220w psu and it s all fine, your cpu pulls way less energy thou

u could also trie benching 3dmark11 becuase its not cpu AND gpu heavy, its one and then an other

Thank you Chap :) I will try to use external monitor.

Edited by wersuss

It's common the voltage of gtx675m to come locked to tweak ?

I need Undervolt because a strange problem is causing bsod , but I can't lock the tension in some valor . I'm underclocking to avoid the gpu set the 0.92v alone.

Edited by Soguro

Hello, why i get GPU POWER LIMIT REACHED and itl throtles down clocks? With overclock just +70mhz core.On Valley benchmark.  Gtx980m, PSU 240W

Edited by wersuss

Hey all,

I have a sager np9377SM, dual 970M's and the mDP port is Thunderbolt 1.7 enabled. I have Prema's vbios and system Bios installed, but monitor wil not connect to laptop. I have just purchased a thunderbolt mDP-> female DP1.2 adapter because mDP->DP cables would cause black screen and system hang. I can now see the monitor in my nvidia control panel but it is not outputting to the monitor no matter what resolution i am choosing. The monitor is an ROG Swift 279Q, if that makes a difference.

Is there a BIOS setting for the thunderbolt port that I need to be changing, or a thunderbolt software change I need to make to get the display to work? Im pulling my hair out trying to use this monitor for the features I bought it for, with a laptop that touted being able to make full use of this kind of display.

On 6/26/2016 at 0:19 AM, wersuss said:

Hello, why i get GPU POWER LIMIT REACHED and itl throtles down clocks? With overclock just +70mhz core.On Valley benchmark.  Gtx980m, PSU 240W

Solved thanks to Prema.

Hi guys 'n galls,

I'm the new kid on the block. Just recently got myself a re-branded Clevo laptop (P651RE) sporting a 6700HQ skylake CPU and a Nvidia GTX970m 6GB GPU.

I'm really looking into the whole overclocking scene, and I find myself a little bit puzzled. I'm hoping one of you guys can help me on my way.

Is it possible for me to use one of the modded VBIOS to get my card unlocked for tweaking? If so? How and where am I going to to find out which one i'm going to have to use?
And are there any guide lines concerning tweaking thresholds? I'm looking to get maximum results for as little risk as possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to help out! And good to meet you :)

@tony84

The 700 and 800 series can be used, but require a special bios mod and other work.

The 900 series are easier to get running and are much faster. If using default bios you can only use drivers pre 360 series, and all drivers require a .inf mod. With prema v3 you can use any driver and no .inf mod is required.

Edited by Khenglish

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic