[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hello everybody, running into a few tiny problems here and there with my newfound joy (a 970M 6GB MXM card).

So basically I have a nice 120Hz 3D M17xR4 and followed all the steps to install the 970M to replace my 680M which I managed to OC to 1050Mhz from the 719Mhz Core clock. This card performs MUCH better and being able to utilize more than 2GB of VRam is a big boon indeed. Everything installed properly, did all the steps, all is running flawlessly except for one thing...

Given my system and card above, I followed what people have said and installed GTX970M_6GB_MXM_OC_PM v2. I gained the ability to overclock as stated and Power Throttling should be disabled. My issue though... I am getting PerfCap Pwr as the throttle reason. Which if I understood, Power Throttling should be disabled. Power Consumption %TDP is going over 30, which then throttles. When looking at HWiNFO64 it said the card was consuming over 100Watts when it happened. I can maintain 1200Mhz with 0mv, and raising the voltage just makes the issue happen sooner (due to increasing power draw). Also, this card is only reaching 156.2*F under heavy load as such, until it throttles. :P

What I am wondering, is what can I do. This card did come out of an AW18, and the Throttle is my only issue. I do not even have to use a fan control program to force the GPU fan on, unlike the other card in my friends AW18 (Tried card #2 first, no fan). vBios is 84.04.88.00.C1 [Modified]. Device ID is 10DE-13D8 // Subvendor 1028. Card comes up as 057B1028 in the device info section.

Edited by cskx2001

Hello,

I install a 970M on a "clevo p150em".
On a Windows 8.1 no problem, by cons with Windows 10 can not install the official drivers.

In addition, the processor uses the WDDM 1.3 and 970M WDDM 2.0 who can not work together. Is there a solution?

Hello,

I install a 970M on a "clevo p150em".
On a Windows 8.1 no problem, by cons with Windows 10 can not install the official drivers.

In addition, the processor uses the WDDM 1.3 and 970M WDDM 2.0 who can not work together. Is there a solution?

Hi there, 

Been trying to look for this for a while in this forum and I just cant seem to find it.

I have an Clevo p170em and I just got an 970m 6b with both bios and vbios from Prema and I just upgraded to windows10 and was looking for the best performance/more up to date driver possible that actually installs.

On windows 7 I had to stick to 355 or something like that... on windows 10 havent been able to install any version I downloaded so far with or without inf modding and signature verification off.

Any driver sugestions? :D

oh and I have driver auto update from windows off

Edited by j3tstream

finally managed to install a driver 355.82 and optimus doesn't work... it never kicks in no matter how many profiles I force to use... :logik:

edit: fixed using modded inf from http://laptopvideo2go.com/ and on of latest drivers with no signature enforcing. only way to go seems.

Edited by j3tstream

5 hours ago, Prema said:

As a result of the unrighteous actions of Jacob Rosenberg (user @Exec360 ), who couldn't resist to break his promise & betray my trust, the public release of the Prema Mod (v)BIOS for all 49 Clevo Skylake gaming models, which was scheduled for the first of June, is hereby postpone indefinitely.

Prema Out!

Hell no!!!

I beg you , my lord, don't get out of this place!

5 hours ago, Prema said:

As a result of the unrighteous actions of Jacob Rosenberg (user @Exec360 ), who couldn't resist to brake his promise & betray my trust, the public release of the Prema Mod (v)BIOS for all 49 Clevo Skylake gaming models, which was scheduled for the first of June, is hereby postpone indefinitely.

Prema Out!

Dont do that please :( if not in June, its ok to be after that, but dont stop please.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Prema said:

As a result of the unrighteous actions of Jacob Rosenberg (user @Exec360 ), who couldn't resist to break his promise & betray my trust, the public release of the Prema Mod (v)BIOS for all 49 Clevo Skylake gaming models, which was scheduled for the first of June, is hereby postponed indefinitely.

Prema Out!

DMCA takedown his sorry ass. :angry:

Edited by octiceps

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a Geforce 680M - 4GB - vBios update to get it a bit faster.
Unfortunately there is only for 675M, do you know where I can find it ? Google is quite heavy and I don't want to use an unsafe -untested- vBios :)

Thanks !

Prema, could you shed more light on what exactly happened? Why hundreds of grateful users has to struggle because of one person? Maybe there's something we can do...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Dear Prema. I am a regular user of my an old Clevo P170EM appreciate all the work you have done with regards to upgrading the BIOS and vBIOS you have not often pleases, because of the large employment, but know that we are always waiting for your news and your products, which would try and get a little more performance out of our monsters. I'm sorry that you framed that some of your friends or acquaintances. This is very bad and if we can than to help, would have liked to have done it, but it seems you are very offended and decided to leave yet as they say in the underground. We want very much that you would not disappear and continued to please us as much for its magnificent mods =)

#PremaComeBack

Vs2vB3nuhcg.jpg

Edited by DRAGON
  • Thumbs Up 2

In my journalctl startup I'm getting a warning that there's issues with the DMAR address reported.

From what I've read and experienced, this doesn't really have any effect since it's typically handled well but I figured I'd report it anyway :)

My laptop is the Clevo W230SS running v1.1 Prema Mod for QHD.

Here's the warning http://paste2.org/Lm61UYeN

Thanks! <3

Edited by ChrisLane

On 25.05.2016 at 3:23 PM, Red Line said:

Prema, could you shed more light on what exactly happened? Why hundreds of grateful users has to struggle because of one person? Maybe there's something we can do...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From what I gathered, Prema helped some guy with a bios mod, possibly an experimental non-public version, and the guy just posted a link to the mod on another forum, no credit, no Fs given. It's just sad. When you ask Prema for help, he literally goes 'donate whatever you think is appropriate, I'll help you anyway', on one, single condition that you won't share it.

Donation-ware is based on trust, and this trust was broken. If Prema goes commercial from now on, I'm only happy for him.

10 hours ago, cool dude said:

From what I gathered, Prema helped some guy with a bios mod, possibly an experimental non-public version, and the guy just posted a link to the mod on another forum, no credit, no Fs given.

Even worse. This mofo plagiarized Prema's work, reversed and copied it bit-by-bit then posted it on the Internet as if it were his own creation.

Edited by octiceps

From what I gathered, Prema helped some guy with a bios mod, possibly an experimental non-public version, and the guy just posted a link to the mod on another forum, no credit, no Fs given.

Even worse. This mofo plagiarized Prema's work, reversed and copied it bit-by-bit then posted it on the Internet as if it were his own creation.

Can't believe....what a ......

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I don't know the situation, but a lot of the stuff on this forum is uploaded elsewhere, when something is public it's public. However, if its specifically mentioned or directly between two people, that's different. 

I am willing to pay for the service.  I had a customer once or twice ONLY purchase, because I could provide a Prema vbios(which by the way was openly shared, not something private) Which I did. But then I send a few dollars Prema's way, as thanks. On the home page there is a donation link, it's like buying someone a beer for their work. People do it for me all the tie, what goes around comes around. 

how about this, if we all pitch in and show him our support with a few donations, just to give him a nudge, nothing you can not afford kind of deal. Maybe he will come around. 

Edited by Lee James Wood

On 2016-05-24 at 4:58 PM, Prema said:

As a result of the unrighteous actions of Jacob Rosenberg (user @Exec360 ), who couldn't resist to break his promise & betray my trust, the public release of the Prema Mod (v)BIOS for all 49 Clevo Skylake gaming models, which was scheduled for the first of June, is hereby postponed indefinitely.

Prema Out!

That sucks man, I have my own mod but this cat have f**ked ut up for all those who have been waiting for these mods =/

***SPRING CLEANING***
As some of you have already noticed, 'Thailand based Level51' has been removed from the 'Prema Mod Partner Team' and any affiliation terminated for not being trustworthy!

As of today there will be no more Prema Mod support for systems purchased through this reseller!

17 hours ago, Prema said:
***SPRING CLEANING***
As some of you have already noticed, 'Thailand based Level51' has been removed from the 'Prema Mod Partner Team' and any affiliation terminated for not being trustworthy!

As of today there will be no more Prema Mod support for systems purchased through this reseller!

Good!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic