[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

19 hours ago, N3ST said:

Всем привет,

У меня еще есть старый P170EM но 79070M умер.

Какой GPU можно использовать на P170EM?

Есть ли модификация BIOS сделать? (Я использую последние Према  BIOS Для этого ноутбука).

Заранее спасибо,

С наилучшими пожеланиями,

N3ST

On P170EM it is possible to use 7970M, 8970M, 970M, 980M. For 970M and 980M it is necessary to have special Bios which will allow to use these videocards at Prema on how many to me it is known to eat such Bios

Edited by DRAGON

I have been using Prema's modified bios v01 for my Clevo P150SM-A for sometime now with nor problems.

Whilst in the process of upgrading my 880m GPU drivers from 361.75 to 361.91, I also decided to upgrade my laptop BIOS to v02.

However since upgrading to PremA v02 I have been experiencing micro-freezes/stuttering within some games i.e. Rainbow six Siege and Arma3, that I did not experience prior to these upgrades.  I rolled-back my GPU driver to 361.75 and it did not fix the problem.

Following this discussion in NotebookReview.com:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/p157sm-a-premamod-issues-fps-drops.787166/

I've decided to try out slv7's modified NVIDIA vBIOS in combination with Prema v02 P150SM-A.

Although the solution wasn't clearly stated in that above thread, I assume the OP received a copy of slv7 vBIOs via PM, and also based on Prema's own post (2nd in the thread).

In short, does this cause and subsequent remedy to my current micro-freeze problem sound correct?

The following are the steps I took in relation to this issue:

1) Update P150SM-A Laptop BIOS: Prema v01 to Prema v02
2) Update NVIDIA 880m Driver: 361.75 to 361.91
3) Stutters/freezes in games (i.e. Rainbow Six Siege, ArmA3)
4) Roll-back NVIDIA 880m driver to 361.75
5) Still encountering stuttering in games
6) Update NVIDIA 880m vBIOS to svl7 rev00
7) Still encountering stuttering in games
8) Downgrade P150SM-A Laptop BIOS back to Prema v01
9) No more stuttering in games

In short, I found the only solution was to downgrade back to Prema v01 BIOS for the P150SM-A. I kept the NVIDIA 880m svl7 modified vBIOS though.

I would very much appreciate any clear explanations behind why this stuttering occurs with Prema's v02 BIOS and not v01 in the above scenario, and any subsequent solution.

Many thanks!

Edited by madrabbit711

I upgraded to the NVidia 980M card from the original NVidia 680M on my Sager NP9150/Clevo P150EM

Currently running Eurocom BIOS version 1.02.17EC v3b

I can't update my NVidia drivers past version 359.xx

I have a K2 edition, but should I be using Prema Mod ver2 or Prema Mod ver2 2T Version?

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p150em/

I'll be getting the VBIOS here

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/gtx9/

Do I need to flash both the BIOS and VBIOS or just the VBIOS?

How do I flash the VBIOS without bricking my laptop?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated

On 30/12/2015 at 6:49 PM, Prema said:

NVIDIA simply broke support for older vBIOS with that driver.

Has nothing to do with stock or Mod, just happens that your stock versions are newer and not affected by the driver bug.

Hey Prema, do we have any update on this. I have just tried to install 361.91 on my GT72 and it won't complete the install so I have to roll back to a pre 360 driver.

Has nvidia fixed the new driver for older vbioses?

On 2/18/2016 at 2:56 AM, madrabbit711 said:

I would very much appreciate any clear explanations behind why this stuttering occurs with Prema's v02 BIOS and not v01 in the above scenario, and any subsequent solution.

Answer and subsequent solution discussed further at NotebookReview.comhttp://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/p157sm-a-premamod-issues-fps-drops.787166/page-5#post-10203541

Hey  Prema, all,

Just fucked up the driver installation with 361.91 after battlefront asked to update to this in order to play... Got the BSOD during installation and at all reboot.

Just see that you god prema did update your vbios, so i'm updating... (have a P170em with 980m).

Thanks again!

Hi. @Prema - Did you ever make a low-voltage version of your 980m vbios? I ask because I'm testing out a theory regarding the later nvidia drivers and the M17X R4. When I say low-voltage, I'm thinking something like 1035 @ 0.975v (if that would even run). PM me if you want to hear the story (as it's probably pretty far off topic).

Hi Guys,

I already flashed once one of Prema's vBIOSes, but now can't remember if is it normal to receive this message right before flashing?

"warning firmware image pci subsystem id does not match adapter pci subsystem id" 

Whould really like to avoid bricking the card. :)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, phobos1984 said:

Hi Guys,

I already flashed once one of Prema's vBIOSes, but now can't remember if is it normal to receive this message right before flashing?

"warning firmware image pci subsystem id does not match adapter pci subsystem id" 

Whould really like to avoid bricking the card. :)

Thanks!

Hi, @phobos_1984 -- AFAIK that message is normal on the R4 when flashing Clevo vbios...s. 

Prema please write or are planning to release a new BIOS for Clevo p170sm ??, so you do not have to be combined with inf files every time the drivers ?? in 2015. In January you wrote that this is in the plans. if it is still ?? As it is when you expect ??
  • Thumbs Up 1

The information on the front page says the Turbo functionality is retained. I have a Turbo button my MSI GT70 and I flashed this Bios to a Clevo 970m. However, the card performs beautifully regardless. With the appropriate MSI VGA Tool installed, the turbo button does not work with this bios. Previously, I was able to either select enable/disable in the tool from the tray or press the turbo button, but that was with the old card.

Just curious if the turbo functionality mentioned in the description is the same turbo functionality I am describing.

hi prema i have a laptop w650sf NP4658. where i found for this model bios mod?to flash it? please help me thaku very much.sorry for my bad english.spec for my laptop i7 4710mq and geforce 840m 2gb.i have windows 10

Edited by rallye

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, as I'm awaiting for my P651RE6-G (skylake).

I just wonder if there is a bios and vbios mod from Prema for that model? If yes, what should I do to get it? I was looking on Prema's page and there is only for p6XXSE models.

On 2/27/2016 at 2:14 AM, Naberius said:

Hi, @phobos_1984 -- AFAIK that message is normal on the R4 when flashing Clevo vbios...s. 

So should be "safe" to flash, right? As far as it can get safe to flash something. :)

UPD: just as info for anybody else with my doubts. Did it and all went fine.

Edited by phobos1984
upd

On 3/6/2016 at 2:13 PM, Kinetiq said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, as I'm awaiting for my P651RE6-G (skylake).

I just wonder if there is a bios and vbios mod from Prema for that model? If yes, what should I do to get it? I was looking on Prema's page and there is only for p6XXSE models.

Hi Kinetiq,

Our company DreamMachines has an agreement with Prema.  We can offer you his vBios or regular BIOS if you are interested.  Please, contact us on our website in the contact section or PM us.  We do not have an English version of the website yet, but dont worry all contact can be done in english :).

For everyone interested please let us know.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DreamMachines said:

Hi Kinetiq,

Our company DreamMachines has an agreement with Prema.  We can offer you his vBios or regular BIOS if you are interested.  Please, contact us on our website in the contact section or PM us.  We do not have an English version of the website yet, but dont worry all contact can be done in english :).

For everyone interested please let us know.

Hello,

I have a clevo p650re6, and interested in the vBios and the regular BIOS of premamod, you guys have bios for this model?

I tried PM but says that you cant receive messages.

Thanks alot

Edited by Clevoplayer

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic