[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

6 hours ago, Prema said:

No the power issues are due to BIOS total power draw throttle code...also careful with randomly swapping modules without fixing dependencies and also porting board specific code.

Boards are different (voltages, layout etc) and what may work for some time may damage the board in the long run...

Prema see your PM :)

Seriously, you should make UV versions of your Maxwell vBIOSs :)

Prema see your PM imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Femoticons%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_smile.png&key=4718cee4dbc6ce3d5bcf37ab279ad27a7c6e1d6f9dd4ff968cf6058295a55308

Seriously, you should make UV versions of your Maxwell vBIOSs imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Femoticons%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_smile.png&key=4718cee4dbc6ce3d5bcf37ab279ad27a7c6e1d6f9dd4ff968cf6058295a55308

You can't undervolt with Inspector?

Maxwell doesn't allow UV through software..need a vBIOS undervolt..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OK after going through all the settings again I've found that disabling HBAO+ under Screen Space Ambient Occlusion seems to be the primary culprit with FFXIV throttling under newer drivers. Even cutting it down to strong is enough to stop it happening. The only area still causing it a bit was the start area of Pharos Sirius but capping the FPS at 60 seems to completely eliminate the throttling altogether. Dunno what nvidia broke or changed that caused it to happen but that seems to be the more specific cause I dont see it happening under other games in anycase for now.

On 1/2/2016 at 4:11 PM, Prema said:

No the power issues are due to BIOS total power draw throttle code...also careful with randomly swapping modules without fixing dependencies and also porting board specific code.

Boards are different (voltages, layout etc) and what may work for some time may damage the board in the long run...

Hi, prema I have been finding it difficult to get to you but finally I have. I needed your help please  i have a clevoP157SM-A Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ Processor (2.5GHz), 6MB L3 Cache and ® GeForce™ GTX 970M GPU with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM and will like to safely overclock it, at least I do the minor clocking but want to push the card higher. Can you please give me specific mods files and directions i need to safely overclock it. Have much respect for you, thanks.

Guys I have small question about RAM.

Tomorrow I will have second Clevo - this time P150EM barebone. I bought it because I still have old i7 3630qm, 7970m and msata 128GB SSD somewhere in the closet.

Only thing I need is RAM. I think about 2x8 or 4x8 HyperX Impact 1600MHz CL9-9-9 1,35-1,5V. Only problem is - will they work ?

Now in my P170EM I have Kingston 4x8GB 1600MHz CL11 1,5V.

Price is very similar but CL9 sounds much better.

Someone have HyperX Impact 1600 in 150/170/370EM ?

PS Prema - when we will see v3 bios for 150-170EM ?

@Prema Thank you for the V2 980m update. I purchased a 980m upgrade kit from Eurocom for my p170em late last year. I reached out to them to get the latest vbios since none of the newer 360.xx drivers would install. I've had nothing but negative experiences with Eurocom and of course they didn't respond to my email and never called me back. So I said f-it, paid for tech inferno subscription and downloaded your V2 vbios and all is well now! One question, how can I utilize the new power meter feature?

1 hour ago, hexum23 said:

@Prema Thank you for the V2 980m update. I purchased a 980m upgrade kit from Eurocom for my p170em late last year. I reached out to them to get the latest vbios since none of the newer 360.xx drivers would install. I've had nothing but negative experiences with Eurocom and of course they didn't respond to my email and never called me back. So I said f-it, paid for tech inferno subscription and downloaded your V2 vbios and all is well now! One question, how can I utilize the new power meter feature?

It just shows how many watt your graphic use. For example 100%TDP = 330W then 40%TDP = 132w

On 2/4/2016 at 7:27 PM, majster msi said:

On old 359.06 with prema vbios mod v1 I got around 13k in 3dmark 11. On new 361.75 with prema vbios mod v2 I got only 11600 points in 3dmark 11 . New drivers sucks ?

Can confirm, my old NV inspector settings crash my system and scores are much worse somehow now. Using both bios and vbios V2 from Prema.
On the other note, ive used to get some random freezes but not anymore, this only happened on long gaming sessions.

Edited by JDF

On 2/3/2016 at 0:44 PM, Sonrexx said:

Hi, prema I have been finding it difficult to get to you but finally I have. I needed your help please  i have a clevoP157SM-A Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ Processor (2.5GHz), 6MB L3 Cache and ® GeForce™ GTX 970M GPU with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM and will like to safely overclock it, at least I do the minor clocking but want to push the card higher. Can you please give me specific mods files and directions i need to safely overclock it. Have much respect for you, thanks.

1. Depends on the system. (Many Clevo systems have reduced/throttled CPU performance with stock BIOS). 

2. Use the correct Mod for your system and follow the included "readme" file instructins.

3. Also depends on the system. If it is an MXM GPU then yes.

4. vBIOS only controls the GPU. BIOS the CPU, RAM and everything else

5. Sure, they have a lot of unused potential. Even your stock results will be higher without OC as it won't unnecessarily throttle.

Use NVIDA Inspector for GPU OC. Just leave the voltage @ stock and push the core like 100-200Mhz and see how far it's stable.

Add voltage as required. vRAM can maybe do some 300Mhz.

ENJOY! :)

On 2/3/2016 at 0:35 AM, kamyk155 said:

Guys I have small question about RAM.

Tomorrow I will have second Clevo - this time P150EM barebone. I bought it because I still have old i7 3630qm, 7970m and msata 128GB SSD somewhere in the closet.

Only thing I need is RAM. I think about 2x8 or 4x8 HyperX Impact 1600MHz CL9-9-9 1,35-1,5V. Only problem is - will they work ?

Now in my P170EM I have Kingston 4x8GB 1600MHz CL11 1,5V.

Price is very similar but CL9 sounds much better.

Someone have HyperX Impact 1600 in 150/170/370EM ?

PS Prema - when we will see v3 bios for 150-170EM ?

Any HyperX with 1.5v work just fine on that system...

As for a public releases:

- non-throttle vBIOS for older Alienware

- GTX9 for HM

- GTX7/8 for EM

...could have made all that happen a long time ago if shops would stop using my mods without permission to sell more cards to people.

All I get are mails from very well known shops, who rip people off by selling them knowingly non-working stuff on daily basis:

Prema:

It won't work right without my mod, they are just cheating customer like ...others...

3DMark11 P10000 (for GTX980M) means it is not working...that's like GTX880M.

That's 25% under-performing...

Working means P12500-17000...

Unnamed shop:

But working. For many customers is enough...

On 2/3/2016 at 3:58 AM, octiceps said:

@Prema what is the average ASIC % that your BGA 980M mod's stock voltage is based off of?

70%

On 2/4/2016 at 8:38 AM, hexum23 said:

I made them custom v2 Mods a while ago...

You can use HWINFO64 or GPU-Z to get power-percentage readings.

On 2/4/2016 at 9:54 AM, UnicorN said:

It just shows how many watt your graphic use. For example 100%TDP = 330W then 40%TDP = 132w

It has nothing to do with actual watts...for that you need to use an in-line power meter.

It's really only useful in order to compare different OCs/OVs to each other.

On 2/4/2016 at 10:57 PM, majster msi said:

On old 359.06 with prema vbios mod v1 I got around 13k in 3dmark 11. On new 361.75 with prema vbios mod v2 I got only 11600 points in 3dmark 11 . New drivers sucks ?

See answer below! ;)

7 hours ago, JDF said:

Can confirm, my old NV inspector settings crash my system and scores are much worse somehow now. Using both bios and vbios V2 from Prema.
On the other note, ive used to get some random freezes but not anymore, this only happened on long gaming sessions.

Told you guys before that the 361 driver suck: 

One thing is for sure 361.75 driver is a horrible performer and very unstable OCer also with working vBIOS ...even compared to the two previous 361 driver...

7 hours ago, Prema said:

1. Depends on the system. (Many Clevo systems have reduced/throttled CPU performance with stock BIOS). 

2. Use the correct Mod for your system and follow the included "readme" file instructins.

3. Also depends on the system. If it is an MXM GPU then yes.

4. vBIOS only controls the GPU. BIOS the CPU, RAM and everything else

5. Sure, they have a lot of unused potential. Even your stock results will be higher without OC as it won't unnecessarily throttle.

Use NVIDA Inspector for GPU OC. Just leave the voltage @ stock and push the core like 100-200Mhz and see how far it's stable.

Add voltage as required. vRAM can maybe do some 300Mhz.

ENJOY! :)

If I set my 980m-g to +300 VRAM when I playing GTA5, if when 100% get a pure color screen with game audio keep going at specific place, everytime! When I lower the vram it's better. do you know what cause this? voltage not enough?

24 minutes ago, UnicorN said:

If I set my 980m-g to +300 VRAM when I playing GTA5, if when 100% get a pure color screen with game audio keep going at specific place, everytime! When I lower the vram it's better. do you know what cause this? voltage not enough?

We can't change the vRAM voltage via vBIOS. You have breached your VRAMs limit. Try 250Mhz and see if that's gaming stable.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
21 hours ago, Prema said:

We can't change the vRAM voltage via vBIOS. You have breached your VRAMs limit. Try 250Mhz and see if that's gaming stable.

I changed it to +200 it won't happen in that "100% happening" place but it will happens somewhere else randomly. So this is due to VRAM 2 high for sure?

2 hours ago, UnicorN said:

I changed it to +200 it won't happen in that "100% happening" place but it will happens somewhere else randomly. So this is due to VRAM 2 high for sure?

If you only OCed the VRam (as you mention nothing about core), then what else would it be except a driver issue? :)

2 hours ago, Prema said:

If you only OCed the VRam (as you mention nothing about core), then what else would it be except a driver issue? :)

I keep the core at +130, I think it is working fine because I didn't change it. Thank you for answer

Hello. Do I understand correctly that in the Bios 2 now when heated to 92 degrees Celsius laptop will shut down to protect it from overheating? And you are specially made so that it was impossible to zalest in your BIOS through MaxwellBiosTweaker? You did not change the rotation of the coolers, and it seems to me that they are now less torque under load. BF4 in my P170EM, 980m heated up to 89 degrees, though there is a new thermal grease and recently cleaned the cooling system. I was a little worried at Stora BIOS I did not pay attention to it, but I think the temperature was lower.

Today I decided to rummage in your Bios and here that noticed. Now video not as earlier I had a card on old Bios, constantly fans slowly turned and temperature kept at the level of 38-42 degrees in idle time. Now video the card being in idle time has temperature of 40 degrees fans completely are switched-off (or very slowly turn) when temperature reaches 49 degrees fans turn on (or start turning slightly more) and temperature falls to 40 degrees and they are again disconnected and is so constant. Apparently you Prema somehow changed turns of video of the card in Bios, but something it not really it to be pleasant to me as generally temperature in games in my opinion increased if I for example include complete revolutions in BF 4 playing on an ultra that temperature doesn't rise higher than 70 degrees but if to leave to the discretion of system that at me already 89 degrees were reached by temperature. On old Bios of 100% of such I didn't observe, there was always temperature about 70-75 maximum Also on your Bios really there is an increase of productivity, to be pleasant to me it, but with temperatures in my opinion something not that. Still found one version of a vbios apparently for 980M it the version is as follows: 84.04.88.00.2E tell please you not from this Bios did the? If it is necessary to you, I can give it for viewing and possible modernization.

Edited by DRAGON

Hello Everyone,

I still have my old P170EM but the 79070M died.

Which GPU can I use on a P170EM?

Is there any bios modification to do? ( I am using the latest prema bios for this laptop).

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

N3ST

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic