[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

3 hours ago, UnicorN said:

what's new in V2 compared to V1.1.1?

The vBIOS base is a full year newer, made it compatible with 361.xx driver, some other "under the hood changes" and added a power consumption meter.

3 hours ago, Jiraiya43 said:

Okay ;)

Prema Mod v2 of GTX980M-G & GTX970M-G for DM models are up!

ENJOY the second wave of the "Rise of the Clock Raider"! :)

ZM-G models are next...

6 hours ago, Prema said:

The vBIOS base is a full year newer, made it compatible with 361.xx driver, some other "under the hood changes" and added a power consumption meter.

Prema Mod v2 of GTX980M-G & GTX970M-G for DM models are up!

ENJOY the second wave of the "Rise of the Clock Raider"! :)

ZM-G models are next...

so 84.04.88.00.C1 is the new one? why C1 is newer than F1?

Thanks

Thanks for your work, will donate when have a chance.

I'd like to flash your latest BIOS for P770EM.  I have it setup, dual boot W10 and Ubuntu and working fine.  My fear is once I flash you custom bios, I'll lose the setup as it has happened in the past with BIOS flashes.  Somehow grub disappears.  Any suggestions?

Edited by zymphad

Thanks for your work, will donate when have a chance.

I'd like to flash your latest BIOS for P770EM.  I have it setup, dual boot W10 and Ubuntu and working fine.  My fear is once I flash you custom bios, I'll lose the setup as it has happened in the past with BIOS flashes.  Somehow grub disappears.  Any suggestions?

Just make sure to set OS and UEFI selection settings the same way as before the flash.

A P770EM doesn't exist, make sure to flash the right mod! ;)

21 hours ago, Prema said:

GTX980M & GTX970M Prema Mods updated to v2 and now in the download section: 

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/category/21-mxm-clevo-gtx9/

GTX9xxM-G versions after the brake...

ENJOY the "Rise of the Clock Raider"! :)

Just a quick question but is their any difference between the gsync and nongsync vbios and how do you tell if your card can use it. Just asking since atm I have the non gsync vbios installed on my cards that you modded and dont wanna select the wrong one.

56 minutes ago, Infini said:

Just a quick question but is their any difference between the gsync and nongsync vbios and how do you tell if your card can use it. Just asking since atm I have the non gsync vbios installed on my cards that you modded and dont wanna select the wrong one.

My NVFLASH won't even allow you to flash the wrong version, so no worries unless you start using other versions with my Mods.

ENJOY! :)

Flashed the new version onto my own cards as well. Fans work fine on M18Xr2 and voltages are nearly identical in both cards but I still get that inconsistent throttling down to 800 memory clock for a few seconds on FFXIV in certain areas (shows power/sli in GPU-Z but I dont see anything on it thats causing it to trigger, Im assuming this is a bug with DX11 in the game with this laptop configuration) . Has to be something with the drivers themselves as its wasnt throttling on 8.1 with 350.12 under the same conditions :/

Now if only I could get a modded inf for the 361.75 drivers for win 10.....

Edited by Infini

j95 posted up mods. Installed the latest drivers. Good news: They look like theyre working. Bad news: Still got that DX11 intermittent throttle in certain locations of FFXIV :C

I put on nvidia inspector and watched it in the rising stones area of FFXIV with no FPS cap as this triggers it. Its dropping to P1 for whatever reason. Dunno how to stop this happening or whats triggering it :s Below SS is what im getting with the FPS on DX11 unlocked and in certain areas (Aetherite Plaza in Upper La Nocsea an example).

throttle.thumb.gif.0f8b3cc554713173b8c70

Edited by Infini

Hello - I have one small problem after flashing my GTX970m with v2 bios.

I can't change Vsync - it is locked at 60Hz = 60fps max in all DX11 games and programs.

After flashing Vbios I just tried to check 3dmark score but i can see max 60fps and score is low. I found one thing - all DX9 programs and games run great and lot of more than 60fps, but only DX11 games and programs are limited to 60fps. If I use windowed mode DX11 run normal again (more than 60fps). For example - I checked Heaven Benchmark full screen - locked at 60fps but windowed mode run great again much faster.

Of course I set Vsync OFF in nvidia panel for 3dmark or for global settings. I tried google this problem. Only thing I found was something about Xbox and disable recording - I tried - no help.

PS. I have windows 10.

13 hours ago, kamyk155 said:

Hello - I have one small problem after flashing my GTX970m with v2 bios.

I can't change Vsync - it is locked at 60Hz = 60fps max in all DX11 games and programs.

After flashing Vbios I just tried to check 3dmark score but i can see max 60fps and score is low. I found one thing - all DX9 programs and games run great and lot of more than 60fps, but only DX11 games and programs are limited to 60fps. If I use windowed mode DX11 run normal again (more than 60fps). For example - I checked Heaven Benchmark full screen - locked at 60fps but windowed mode run great again much faster.

Of course I set Vsync OFF in nvidia panel for 3dmark or for global settings. I tried google this problem. Only thing I found was something about Xbox and disable recording - I tried - no help.

PS. I have windows 10.

I think you've update the wrong vbios. that one you udpated is the ordinary 970m vbios and not the 970m-G

I have non Gsync laptop and I don't think it is possible to flash G on NON G. I flashed normal 970m bios.

I think it is a optimus/driver problem because i saw this problem few months ago.

I read alot about Vscync lock in windows 10. I will wait for new drivers to check.

On 1/30/2016 at 2:23 AM, Infini said:

Flashed the new version onto my own cards as well. Fans work fine on M18Xr2 and voltages are nearly identical in both cards but I still get that inconsistent throttling down to 800 memory clock for a few seconds on FFXIV in certain areas (shows power/sli in GPU-Z but I dont see anything on it thats causing it to trigger, Im assuming this is a bug with DX11 in the game with this laptop configuration) . Has to be something with the drivers themselves as its wasnt throttling on 8.1 with 350.12 under the same conditions :/

Now if only I could get a modded inf for the 361.75 drivers for win 10.....

Because of the system BIOS: On M18xR2 you have to use NVIDIA Inspector to match P1-States vRAM clocks with the ones in P0, if you don't OC that would be 2505Mhz.

7 hours ago, maskofwraith said:

HI How can i force enable nvidia gpu?  thanks

Via BIOS Mod, but all that would do compared to now is giving you a hot running system without any battery life.

2 hours ago, kamyk155 said:

I have non Gsync laptop and I don't think it is possible to flash G on NON G. I flashed normal 970m bios.

I think it is a optimus/driver problem because i saw this problem few months ago.

I read alot about Vscync lock in windows 10. I will wait for new drivers to check.

That's propably the case, NVIDIA has a lot going on with their driver recently to get all their different techs working at the same time...

1 hour ago, Prema said:

Because of the system BIOS: On M18xR2 you have to use NVIDIA Inspector to match P1-States vRAM clocks with the ones in P0, if you don't OC that would be 2505Mhz.

I'll have to look at giving that a try.

Heres a question but a user over on NBR posted this up

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/need-testers-m18x-r2-custom-bios.786965/

Basically he managed to get the modifications on the M18 A12 bios retrofitted onto slv7s unlocked m18x a10 bios and got it posting in legacy with a 7xxm series card. Hes looking for testers as this could allow maxwell cards like the 9xxm series to boot on legacy too but  I havent tried this as I lack the experience on main bios mods but could this if it bears fruit could it solve the p1/p0 issues as well?

Edited by Infini
Add stuff

No the power issues are due to BIOS total power draw throttle code...also careful with randomly swapping modules without fixing dependencies and also porting board specific code.

Boards are different (voltages, layout etc) and what may work for some time may damage the board in the long run...

Ok guys I found some solution for my locked Vsync problem.

At first I google a lot. Lots of people have problem like me with locked Vsync but mostly in windowed mode.

I have problem only in full screen mode and only in 3d games and programs using DX11 (DX9 full screen and window mode at full speed 60fps+).

I tried:

1 - disable Xbox streaming (Xbox -> Settings -> Disable Game DVR - it can lock fps at 60)

2 - disable nvidia battery boost (it can lock fps from 30-60)

3 - disable Vsync in NV panel and in NV inspector

4 - disable Frame Limiter in NV inspector

5 - tried few NV drivers

Only thing I found was - full screen DX11 is 60fps lock only - windowed mode - full speed.

Some people wrote to try ---- run app or game and press alt+tab and back to app or game.

So I try Heaven benchmark - full screen locked at 60fps in DX11, then I pressed Alt+Tab and again back to Heaven.................WOW - full screen 200+ fps and no broken Vsync.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic