[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I can probably help you to recover it, but first I need to know exactly what you flashed there. A Link please ...

Also let me know in case you remember your EC version.

On 13/01/2016 at 10:19 AM, Prema said:

Did you try my GTX675M Mod from the OP?

Hi @Prema thanks for the reply, yes i have your v-bios from the first page (the stock one) but the problem continues. My Clevo D900F is not using the clocks at 100% the guy that have upgraded to the GTX680m told me this  " Also the GTX 680m ( N13E-GTX 4 GB version) works with the lastest bios (1.00.09) but you will need to modify nvidia drivers INF file , and a modify VBIOS to make the 680m running at full clocks."

My GTX675M works but no full clocks :(  Counter Strike: Global Offensive is like 30 FPS...it is like that im playing with the battery with no AC power connected.

12510690_1742990479263173_426648532_o.jpg

12544847_1742990419263179_418768694_o.jpg

17 hours ago, Prema said:

I can probably help you to recover it, but first I need to know exactly what you flashed there. A Link please ...

Also let me know in case you remember your EC version.

Thank god, the seller helped me get it fixed.

I thought I sent you the email, but it came back saying "it contains possible risk virus.... blah" :(

Thanks alot for your concern.

Edited by godfafa

Hello,

Where can I get latest stock BIOS for the following models:

1. Clevo P7xxDM-G
  2. Clevo P6xxRA/RE/RG
  3. Clevo N1x0RD

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Also when are you planning on releasing mod BIOS for these models as I see you haven't outed anything for SkyLake platforms?

On 1/15/2016 at 6:51 AM, aconix said:

Hi @Prema thanks for the reply, yes i have your v-bios from the first page (the stock one) but the problem continues. My Clevo D900F is not using the clocks at 100% the guy that have upgraded to the GTX680m told me this  " Also the GTX 680m ( N13E-GTX 4 GB version) works with the lastest bios (1.00.09) but you will need to modify nvidia drivers INF file , and a modify VBIOS to make the 680m running at full clocks."

My GTX675M works but no full clocks :(  Counter Strike: Global Offensive is like 30 FPS...it is like that im playing with the battery with no AC power connected.

You will need a special Mod as your system BIOS can't understand the vBIOS p-states, but even then the PCIe slot will not switch into the higher poswer state so the results will still be a bit below a stock GTX675M...

5 hours ago, oGu said:

Hello,

Where can I get latest stock BIOS for the following models:

1. Clevo P7xxDM-G
  2. Clevo P6xxRA/RE/RG
  3. Clevo N1x0RD

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Also when are you planning on releasing mod BIOS for these models as I see you haven't outed anything for SkyLake platforms?

I only prepare the usual stock flash packages when I also publish the Mods, otherwise I'll have to update them all the time with new stock files...

You can also find stock versions on palkeos mirror, but be careful as they have BIOS/EC separate, so be sure to flash EC first then only BIOS and also check the files as Clevo often makes mistakes in naming them, which resulted in a couple of bricks...

The Mods for those systems are all still in the Prema Mod Partner exclusive time period... 

I had to enable UEFI Boot and Launch CSM in order to install W7 in UEFI. Now the custom POST screen with the phoenix logo is gone, replaced by a blank screen, although F2 and F7 still work fine. Is this normal? Running Prema Mod v2 on a P650SG.

Edited by octiceps

Mixed modes with enabled UEFI and enabled CSM result in no logo on most systems.

You can only have a boot logo if you install W7 with either:

- OS-others and UEFI-disabled

- OS-others UEFI enabled

For UEFI enabled without CSM you need to prepare the W7 image as described here:

25 minutes ago, Prema said:

- OS-others UEFI enabled

For UEFI enabled without CSM you need to prepare the W7 image as described here:

I've already tried those BIOS settings, and my USB is prepared exactly following the steps in the video, but I get a BCD error when I attempt to boot from it.

qIYboeB.jpg

pt38YfE.jpg

My GTX675M works but no full clocks imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Femoticons%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_sad.png&key=0cb11a03b2a281236b311a1616be68ccae5ffa874cec28bd1eeb39382e29a7f3  Counter Strike: Global Offensive is like 30 FPS...it is like that im playing with the battery with no AC power connected.

You will need a special Mod as your system BIOS can understand the vBIOS p-states, but even then the PCIe slot will not switch into the higher poswer state so the results will still be a bit below a stock GTX675M...

So how can i fix this ? Can i flash the v-bios from the 680m?

Enviado do meu GT-N7000 através de Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, omega939 said:

@Prema

Do you have a vbios fix for the 9XXm gpu's for the 36xx NVidia drivers? I saw in one of the forums that you already have but still waiting for NVidia to fix first their drivers? Or lease you'll post this fix vbios?

I sure do...but I have made some 20 different Maxwell vBIOS for all kind of systems...so instead of wasting my time NVIDIA better gets their driver code rolled back.

They are a big company and things need time...just like it took them to fix their OC-block-mess.

Even Clevo has advised all re-seller to use 359.00 driver for the time being...

17 minutes ago, aconix said:

No, doing that would probably brick the card...it has to be a custom made mod...

@Prema

Do you have a vbios fix for the 9XXm gpu's for the 36xx NVidia drivers? I saw in one of the forums that you already have but still waiting for NVidia to fix first their drivers? Or lease you'll post this fix vbios?

I sure do...but I have made some 20 different Maxwell vBIOS for all kind of systems...so instead of wasting my time NVIDIA better gets their driver code rolled back.

They are a big company and things need time...just like it took them to fix their OC-block-mess.

No, doing that would probably brick the card...it has to be a custom made mod...

Can you help me ? I will donate for your work off course

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Prema said:

Thanks Prema.. I hope you release that new vbios you have cos you said that those vbios doesn't need any driver modification thru ".inf". :) 

9 hours ago, octiceps said:

I've already tried those BIOS settings, and my USB is prepared exactly following the steps in the video, but I get a BCD error when I attempt to boot from it.

qIYboeB.jpg

pt38YfE.jpg

Anyways, I gave up trying to install W7 in UEFI. It's not possible on this laptop, probly a mobo or some other hardware limitation.

Edited by octiceps

@Prema

Out of curiosity, could you explain what the hell did nvidia do on the 361.xx drivers to break the "old" vbios on these 980M / 980M G-Sync ?? If you have time of course..

I almost forgot. My Screen model per hwinfo64  is the LP173WF4-SPD1

I don't see this model on your icm profiles list.

I can create icm profile using dispcalgui + argyllcms and X-Rite Display 3 PRO. 

Any need for it ??

Hi @Prema

I flashed the vbios of 970m over stock clevo system bios through windows. Rebooted but the system goes into startup repair and won't boot gpu. Can you help out? its a p750dm system with 6gb 970m. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Amit Kumar

@Prema

I already sent you a mod a few days ago...Check your PM inbox. ;)

On 1/16/2016 at 9:02 PM, aconix said:

Uninstall 361.xx driver in Windowssafe mode (Windows key & F8 during boot) and use a 359.xx or any other driver instead...

On 1/18/2016 at 9:28 PM, adolfotregosa said:

@Prema

Out of curiosity, could you explain what the hell did nvidia do on the 361.xx drivers to break the "old" vbios on these 980M / 980M G-Sync ?? If you have time of course..

They adjusted the power handling to lower throttle on Dell GTX7-9M cards to "normal" levels...

I already have the 361.xx fix-code and can make new Mods anytime if NVIDIA doesn't roll back their code base soon...

10 hours ago, Prema said:

They adjusted the power handling to lower throttle on Dell GTX7-9M cards to "normal" levels...

I already have the 361.xx fix-code and can make new Mods anytime if NVIDIA doesn't roll back their code base soon...

That sucks lol. Thank you for the insight. 

Can I give your vbios fix a spin on my 980M - 8gb- G-sync ?

@all  - If your bios has the option to turn on "intel smart connect technology ", does it make windows throw "acpi_bios_error" while booting?? Also, after you enable it and reboot, does "intel icc" bios option give a module error ? (Using p770zm-g over here running prema mod)

@Prema - I sent you a message with a video showing this.

thank you !

Edited by adolfotregosa

@Prema

Hi Prema!

Hope you can help, am I correct in thinking that using this bios flash: CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_MXM_Stock.rar, will flash my card back to factory bios.

And using this one: CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar will allow me to OC the card more than factory standard?

I am trying to get the card back to factory so that I can upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers.

Thanks in advance :)

1 minute ago, Perry said:

@Prema

Hi Prema!

Hope you can help, am I correct in thinking that using this bios flash: CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_MXM_Stock.rar, will flash my card back to factory bios.

And using this one: CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar will allow me to OC the card more than factory standard?

I am trying to get the card back to factory so that I can upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers.

Thanks in advance :)

yes

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic