[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

4 hours ago, Spellbound said:

No I did not. My apologies. It does appear that it is for the DM series and has only recently been added to the site.

yeah but i have to wait prema's approval before flashing it..

i need to be sure..

and hey..you have a Clevo P770DM-G with gtx970m.. have you tried this one below ?

CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M-G_DM_OC_PM_v1.1.1

Thanks for your hard work PREMA, flashed the vBIOS for my 970M GTX 6GB working great!

I had a problem at first when I installed the 361.43 drivers, which they gave me a BSOD straight away, had to install the previous one 359.06, now everything is working fine so far.

Donation done! ;)

Edited by yukinok25

Yes, those Mods are for all DM-G model GPUs. ENJOY! :)

Will sort and upload everything here on the new TI in the NY...

Just make sure not to use 361.xx driver as they broke support for older vBIOS (which most Mods are still based on).

Mod or stock doesn't matter in this case, the driver bug effects both...just use 359 driver until they get it fixed.

Happy New Year @ALL! :Banane08::Banane11::Banane09:

Hi, I am using a clevo modle W650sr.

And this is the site of its bios :"http://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W650SR/"

I want you to make a prema version of this bios to enable the features like in the W650SJ model that you posted in premamod.com.

Mainly I need to make changes to my RAM.

My e-mail is zoemycat@no_emails_allowed, I really need this bios soon. I can't wait!!! :)

Also when I tried that W650SJ mod, turned out maybe it's because it's the wrong model, my GPU was no longer detected. 

And I fixed it by downloading another official bios copy of W650SR after writing EC to a lower version, and put it in the W650SJ mod, and renamed that bios file with the one was in the mod, and deleted it.

Still I need my RAM to be running at 2133 mhz.

I did it with W650SJ, at the cost of losing my video card.

So plz plz plz plz help me out!

Appreciated.

On ‎31‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 6:20 PM, Prema said:

Yes, those Mods are for all DM-G model GPUs. ENJOY! :)

Just make sure not to use 361.xx driver as they broke support for older vBIOS (which most Mods are still based on).

Mod or stock doesn't matter in this case, the driver bug effects both...just use 359 driver until they get it fixed.

Happy New Year @ALL! :Banane08::Banane11::Banane09:

happy new year man

is there any custom vbios for gtx970m 6GB soldered version(non mxm)?

i cant see it anywhere or is it impossible to make a custom vbios for soldered gpu's?

thnks

Edited by Fidanza

Yes, those Mods are for all DM-G model GPUs. ENJOY! imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_smile.png&key=21a0eeefe312d9612fa12a24d8dad52057ee1a8ba8808da11b05f18389f87a4f

Happy New Year @ALL! imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_Banane08.gif&key=90706c14594f5c68bc10f365958cd6bbc616abad633b6f71bdb5f1cbf9afb303imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_Banane11.gif&key=ebe956b1449cfbd2c6f66e22a4236ea96d3c85489dcce95774e8abd3826212c8imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_Banane09.gif&key=2ba12134c2a6500e11bad9dff28af35d9c0a67f83786d03605b3c6643f8818c8

happy new year man

is there any custom vbios for gtx970m 6GB soldered version(non mxm)?

i cant see it anywhere or is it impossible to make a custom vbios for soldered gpu's?

thnks

All Prema BIOS Mods for models with soldered GPUs also contain the matching BGA vBIOS Mod. ;)

Though be careful. Never use a BGA vBIOS designed for another system.

Unlike MXM vBIOS mixing can cause serious hardware damage.

Hi, I am using a clevo modle W650sr.

And this is the site of its bios :"http://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W650SR/"

I want you to make a prema version of this bios to enable the features like in the W650SJ model that you posted in premamod.com.

Mainly I need to make changes to my RAM.

My e-mail is zoemycat@no_emails_allowed, I really need this bios soon. I can't wait!!! imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_smile.png&key=21a0eeefe312d9612fa12a24d8dad52057ee1a8ba8808da11b05f18389f87a4f

Also when I tried that W650SJ mod, turned out maybe it's because it's the wrong model, my GPU was no longer detected. 

And I fixed it by downloading another official bios copy of W650SR after writing EC to a lower version, and put it in the W650SJ mod, and renamed that bios file with the one was in the mod, and deleted it.

Still I need my RAM to be running at 2133 mhz.

I did it with W650SJ, at the cost of losing my video card.

So plz plz plz plz help me out!

Appreciated.

You are very lucky that doing that didn't brick your system for good. ;)

Sorry but I don't even have time to make a new Mod for my own W230SS...

20 minutes ago, Prema said:

All Prema BIOS Mods for models with soldered GPUs also contain the matching BGA vBIOS Mod. ;)

Though be careful. Never use a BGA vBIOS designed for another system.

Unlike MXM vBIOS mixing can cause serious hardware damage.

You are very lucky that doing that didn't brick your system for good. ;)

Sorry but I don't even have time to make a new Mod for my own W230SS...

Who is making the mods? Can you teach me how to make & unlock the options in bios.

On 3/11/2013 at 0:17 PM, Prema said:

Prema Mod vBIOS for GTX9xxM MXM G-SYNC GPUs!

Is this compatible with MSI GT60-ivy bridge? I am using svl7 vbios for my 970m with a modified .inf file for the driver and is 100% working for windows 8.1.

When I tried your vbios (970m non g-sync) and installed NVidia drivers (with modified .inf), after reboot, it's having an issue and can't continue to go to Windows. So I reverted back to svl7 vbios.

I want to try this one but can you fix this for msi gt60-ivy bridge users? thanks

2 hours ago, Dgeal@!Ttg said:

Who is making the mods? Can you teach me how to make & unlock the options in bios.

That would be < ;)

1 hour ago, omega939 said:

Is this compatible with MSI GT60-ivy bridge? I am using svl7 vbios for my 970m with a modified .inf file for the driver and is 100% working for windows 8.1.

When I tried your vbios (970m non g-sync) and installed NVidia drivers (with modified .inf), after reboot, it's having an issue and can't continue to go to Windows. So I reverted back to svl7 vbios.

I want to try this one but can you fix this for msi gt60-ivy bridge users? thanks

The MXM versions work for all MXM cards of the same vRAM capacity, just stay away from driver 361.xx, that one is FUBAR:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/904579/geforce-drivers/official-361-43-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-12-21-15-/

On ‎31‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 5:21 PM, yukinok25 said:

Thanks for your hard work PREMA, flashed the vBIOS for my 970M GTX 6GB working great!

I had a problem at first when I installed the 361.43 drivers, which they gave me a BSOD straight away, had to install the previous one 359.06, now everything is working fine so far.

Donation done! ;)

have you flashed this one ?

Edited by Fidanza

Donation done! imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fsslcdn.techinferno.com%2Fuploads%2Femoticons%2Fdefault_wink.png&key=ae831e8b2c289d157f10a933369e118f520e66b608430a7f705f381ddc30f169

have you flashed this one ?

Nope, my laptop doesn't have G-Sync.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, Prema said:

That would be < ;)

The MXM versions work for all MXM cards of the same vRAM capacity, just stay away from driver 361.xx, that one is FUBAR:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/904579/geforce-drivers/official-361-43-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-12-21-15-/

That really did the trick. Thanks a lot!!! btw... using afterburner How come that "Power Limit" is greyed out? svl vbios  Power limit can be adjusted though...

Untitled.jpg

That slider is only to enable throttle. My vBIOS has power throttle disabled for good, so that slider would be useless.

Also use NVIDIA Inspector, Afterburner is only for Desktop cards and has no voltage control on mobile chips.

1 hour ago, Prema said:

That slider is only to enable throttle. My vBIOS has power throttle disabled for good, so that slider would be useless.

Also use NVIDIA Inspector, Afterburner is only for Desktop cards and has no voltage control on mobile chips.

Thanks for the info... Oh  by the way this is how I manage to update the vbios of my 970m to your vbios by using svl7 procedure

- Disable 970m under device manager

- Use command prompt with administrative priviledges

- use Mnvflash (under windows) and input the following command:

ex: c:\mnvflash -6 bios.rom (where "bios.rom" is your vbios filename)

I did this procedure because the "Modme.bat" is not executing the way it should be. Maybe because MSI is not officially listed in your thread and is not compatible with the batch file that's why I use "Mnvfalsh" of svl7 and it did work flawlessly. Or you can stick this procedure on the first page if you want to thanks.

Edited by omega939

You only have to make sure the nvidia GPU is actualy active and not only the Intel GPU. Simply opening GPU-Z is enough to activate it.

Also no need to manually deactivate and reactivate the driver, it's all automatic...

On 10/03/2013 at 8:29 PM, Prema said:

Prema Mod BIOS & vBIOS for the most famous Clevo Notebooks!

HASWELL: DO NOT UPDATE THE ME FIRMWARE BEYOND v9.0 IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING BCLK OC!

P170EM_17_12_PM_v2.rar

P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T.rar

ME_9.0.31.1487_DOS.rar

ME_9.1.32.1002_DOS.rar

ME_8.1.65.1586_DOS.rar

I've got a laptop with the following:

MB Series: P170EMx
BIOS Revision: 1.02.17
KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.02.120R
VGA Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970M
Intel ME Version: 8.0, Build 1441, Hot Fix 4

My current BIOS (supplied by Metabox) uses FN+1 for full speed fan and Windows key on the right with a Metabox BIOS Boot Logo.
I'm running Windows 10 (Legacy Boot).
My CPU is an Intel Core i7-3610QM (Ivy Bridge).
In Windows Device Manager, my "Intel Management Engine Interface" is Driver Version: 8.1.0.1263

Questions:
Does the "2T" at the end of P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T refer to "Memory Command Rate" as my current BIOS seems to already have that.
What "under the hood" changes would installing P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T make? and would you recommend it (will it be good for my laptop)?
Will installing P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T replace my current Metabox Boot Logo? Is there a way to keep the logo (i.e. remove the "/E" from the afudos command)?
Will installing P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T change the fan to Fn+9? Is there a way to keep it Fn+1 (i.e. remove the "/E" from the afudos command)?
Will "afudos.exe mybios.rom /O" make a backup of the entire BIOS, EC and ME or just some of it (is there a way to backup each separately)? 
What does "fpt -f P17E1712.PM2 -me" in step2.bat do? (I'm guessing it is the Intel Flash Programming Tool for flashing the ME - can it also make a backup of the current ME?)
Which ME is included in P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T and should I be installing one of the other "ME" versions after updating the BIOS?
If I need a separate ME - which should I use for my CPU and Laptop? ME_8.1.65.1586_DOS.rar or ME_9.0.31.1487_DOS.rar or ME_9.1.32.1002_Win.rar?
Is there any correlation to the BIOS ME and the Windows Driver - would I need a different Windows Device Driver?

Long first post I know, but hopefully it wont take long to answer all questions.
Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, zymphad said:

?

1 hour ago, bobthebigbat said:

I've got a laptop with the following:

MB Series: P170EMx
BIOS Revision: 1.02.17
KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.02.120R
VGA Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970M
Intel ME Version: 8.0, Build 1441, Hot Fix 4

My current BIOS (supplied by Metabox) uses FN+1 for full speed fan and Windows key on the right with a Metabox BIOS Boot Logo.
I'm running Windows 10 (Legacy Boot).
My CPU is an Intel Core i7-3610QM (Ivy Bridge).
In Windows Device Manager, my "Intel Management Engine Interface" is Driver Version: 8.1.0.1263

Questions:
Does the "2T" at the end of P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T refer to "Memory Command Rate" as my current BIOS seems to already have that.
What "under the hood" changes would installing P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T make? and would you recommend it (will it be good for my laptop)?
Will installing P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T replace my current Metabox Boot Logo? Is there a way to keep the logo (i.e. remove the "/E" from the afudos command)?
Will installing P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T change the fan to Fn+9? Is there a way to keep it Fn+1 (i.e. remove the "/E" from the afudos command)?
Will "afudos.exe mybios.rom /O" make a backup of the entire BIOS, EC and ME or just some of it (is there a way to backup each separately)? 
What does "fpt -f P17E1712.PM2 -me" in step2.bat do? (I'm guessing it is the Intel Flash Programming Tool for flashing the ME - can it also make a backup of the current ME?)
Which ME is included in P170EM_17_12_PM_v2_2T and should I be installing one of the other "ME" versions after updating the BIOS?
If I need a separate ME - which should I use for my CPU and Laptop? ME_8.1.65.1586_DOS.rar or ME_9.0.31.1487_DOS.rar or ME_9.1.32.1002_Win.rar?
Is there any correlation to the BIOS ME and the Windows Driver - would I need a different Windows Device Driver?

Long first post I know, but hopefully it wont take long to answer all questions.
Thanks in advance.

- 2T version is only for unstable RAM. Regular Mod version will give you the faster 1T, so use that.

- System will e.g. have much better CPU performance...

- Yes & No

- Yes & Yes

- BIOS & EC

- Yes. You can backup ME, but should't. Most people brick by flashing random parts of their backups because files don't match (BIOS/EC/ME).

- I don't remember ME version, but it'll unlock BCLK. You can manually update to later versions with the standalone ME updates, they won't alter the tweaks.

- ME 8.1

- Use latest driver

?

What do you think?  Will that work for mobile?

Huh? Already entirely removed throttle on Maxwell II mobile since we got to play with one in October 2014 and released it over a year ago for all available MXM GeForce cards... [emoji14]

Can I get a bios for W650sr Please?

If I could just push a button do make one...it's days of work...and that only AFTER you have all tweaks ready for a specific system base.

I won't put my name on something where just some random menus have been unlocked and hope for the best...

I rework them from the ground up if need be...

Took us two months of continues testing to get the P870DM-G working right.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic