[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

if i flash the prema mod bios.. thus i need to reinstall windows? im using windows 10 pro 64bit

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

You might need to reinstall GPU drivers at worst but no you don't need to reinstall Windows ...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, the current bios Prema supports gtx 980 in clevo P170SM ?

Yes, but you need to mod the driver .inf. I've made a version which works without driver mods but it isn't public, yet.

sorry noob question.. at 2nd page whats ME firmware for?

It is to update the update ME Firmware, which controls things like board clocks. Like the BIOS it is hosted on its own flash chip and can be updated.

@ prema, tq..will try flashing prema mod bios :) will get full x4 pcie lane speed right by using NVMe .. :65:

If you use it in the one port x2/x4 port, sure.

my bios firmware already ME 9.1 .. means i cant overclock bclk? or i can downgrade the bios ☺

You can flash the BIOS Mod, it'll flash a modded ME Firmware.

I have a question about GTX 580M vbios. This card would most likely be used in Clevo P170HM. For now I have found one statement on nbr that the gtx 580m from dell will not work in the Clevo P170HM. And now here comes @Prema biosmod :D

Can your vbios for gtx 580m/675m (as this is the same card) be used in dell cards and then this card will be working properly in clevo system? Or these will not work at all :( ?

Hi

i currently have a clevo metabox p150em i had the original 7970m die so i just bought a 970m 6gb vbios 84.04.22.00.11

my old bios was

1.00.04 bios revision

1.00.05sa kb ec firmware

so i updated to premamod P150EM_17_11_PM_v2

seemed to flash alright full functionality of the new bios but now wont boot into windows i get a quick flash of a blue screen and then it takes me to windows system recovery,

any help regarding this would be much appreciated

Hi there Prema and others.

Looking for some help / suggestions. I installed the OC Firmware for the 980M and your Prema Mod for my CLEVO P150SM-A . I run 3DMark and I'm only hovering around 7000, and the GPU doesn't jump past 60 or 65 C -- I pushed +100 MHZ to 1200 MHZ on NVIDIA Inspector. Is there something else I should be doing? Should I just be bumping up the MHZ jump? Should I also be tuning voltage?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4810MQ Processor,Clevo P15SM-A powered by premamod.com

Thanks,

Hi

i currently have a clevo metabox p150em i had the original 7970m die so i just bought a 970m 6gb vbios 84.04.22.00.11

my old bios was

1.00.04 bios revision

1.00.05sa kb ec firmware

seemed to flash alright full functionality of the new bios but now wont boot into windows i get a quick flash of a blue screen and then it takes me to windows system recovery,

Switching between AMD and Nvidia cards on systems with the iGPU as primary often requires a windows reinstall. Go into safemode and uninstall any GPU utilities like TRIXX, MSI afterburner, and Nvidia Inspector and see if that fixes it. If not then sadly you need to reinstall the OS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Switching between AMD and Nvidia cards on systems with the iGPU as primary often requires a windows reinstall. Go into safemode and uninstall any GPU utilities like TRIXX, MSI afterburner, and Nvidia Inspector and see if that fixes it. If not then sadly you need to reinstall the OS.

thanks for the quick response i will try this today in about 5 hours when i get home from work,

just in case i can't get into safe mode should i let the windows system recovery run?

I have a question about GTX 580M vbios. This card would most likely be used in Clevo P170HM. For now I have found one statement on nbr that the gtx 580m from dell will not work in the Clevo P170HM. And now here comes @Prema biosmod :D

Can your vbios for gtx 580m/675m (as this is the same card) be used in dell cards and then this card will be working properly in clevo system? Or these will not work at all :( ?

I used a Dell 485m in a P150HM and it worked fine. I suspect the NBR user was wrong as the 580m is a very similar card to the 485m, and historically Dell Nvidia cards work fine in Clevo systems.

For HM series don't use the 675m vBIOS, use the 580m vBIOS. For EM laptops you would want the 675m vBIOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used a Dell 485m in a P150HM and it worked fine. I suspect the NBR user was wrong as the 580m is a very similar card to the 485m, and historically Dell Nvidia cards work fine in Clevo systems.

For HM series don't use the 675m vBIOS, use the 580m vBIOS. For EM laptops you would want the 675m vBIOS.

Well there are some reports about dell cards not being compatible with clevo systems that's why I ask. When I will put my hands on both p170hm and 580m I will let know how it worked :)

Hi

my old bios was

1.00.04 bios revision

1.00.05sa kb ec firmware

You need to set the BIOS back to Win8 and UEFI enabled mode after flashing a BIOS.

Also when going from AMD to NVIDIA card Windows sometimes also needs a fresh install.

Hi there Prema and others.

Looking for some help / suggestions. I installed the OC Firmware for the 980M and your Prema Mod for my CLEVO P150SM-A . I run 3DMark and I'm only hovering around 7000, and the GPU doesn't jump past 60 or 65 C -- I pushed +100 MHZ to 1200 MHZ on NVIDIA Inspector. Is there something else I should be doing? Should I just be bumping up the MHZ jump? Should I also be tuning voltage?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4810MQ Processor,Clevo P15SM-A powered by premamod.com

Thanks,

Set Clevo Hot Key App (and/or Windows Power settings) to performance mode.

You need to set the BIOS back to Win8 and UEFI enabled mode after flashing a BIOS.

Also when going from AMD to NVIDIA card Windows sometimes also needs a fresh install.

Set Clevo Hot Key App (and/or Windows Power settings) to performance mode.

Thanks. I just did this and hopefully it fixes the performance issues.

thanks for the quick response i will try this today in about 5 hours when i get home from work,

just in case i can't get into safe mode should i let the windows system recovery run?

Safe mode will work. It won't BSOD if the display drivers are not running.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there are some reports about dell cards not being compatible with clevo systems that's why I ask. When I will put my hands on both p170hm and 580m I will let know how it worked :)

It's AMD cards that have problems. For Nvidia cards if the Dell version doesn't work, then the Clevo version doesn't either. I am not aware of a Clevo version of an Nvidia card working and the Dell version not working.

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks for the response but unfortunately it still wont boot also i am on win 7 not win 8

the system wont boot into safe mode when it gets to windows/system32/DRIVERS/amdkmpfd.sys it bluescreens then reboots

btw i appreciate your time for answering these questions

- - - Updated - - -

It's AMD cards that have problems. For Nvidia cards if the Dell version doesn't work, then the Clevo version doesn't either. I am not aware of a Clevo version of an Nvidia card working and the Dell version not working.

Oh... So it seems I mixed up some informations :) Good to know though. +1

Hi Prema!

I'm using your vBIOS and it rocks, rock solid and all my old throttle problems and knicks has gone, thanks!

But now, I'm trying to squeeze a bit of performance from my old GTX680m, could you please made a full unlocked vBIOS for the version 80.04.67.00.01 (this version haves UEFI boot, so we can install Windows in UEFI/GPT mode with this).

The perfect thing would be a vBIOS for 680m, like your vBIOS for 980m G-Sync if possible, that vBIOS with all unlocked is a dream.

If I could help in anything, I will be glad to.

Thanks another time!

Hi Prema!

I'm using your vBIOS and it rocks, rock solid and all my old throttle problems and knicks has gone, thanks!

But now, I'm trying to squeeze a bit of performance from my old GTX680m, could you please made a full unlocked vBIOS for the version 80.04.67.00.01 (this version haves UEFI boot, so we can install Windows in UEFI/GPT mode with this).

The perfect thing would be a vBIOS for 680m, like your vBIOS for 980m G-Sync if possible, that vBIOS with all unlocked is a dream.

If I could help in anything, I will be glad to.

Thanks another time!

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

Gentlemen, how can I tell if I have a P170SM or a P170SM-A? My understanding is that the -A variant is the new marketing name for the P170SM but if so, why was it stated somewhere in the middle of this thread NOT to flash a P170SM with a P170SM-A BIOS? What's the difference between the two? For the life of me, no amount of Googling has provided me any answers as to what the difference is.

I have a Sager NP8278 which I think is a P170SM-A but how can I be sure so I don't brick the laptop by flashing the wrong BIOS?

Gentlemen, how can I tell if I have a P170SM or a P170SM-A? My understanding is that the -A variant is the new marketing name for the P170SM but if so, why was it stated somewhere in the middle of this thread NOT to flash a P170SM with a P170SM-A BIOS? What's the difference between the two? For the life of me, no amount of Googling has provided me any answers as to what the difference is.

I have a Sager NP8278 which I think is a P170SM-A but how can I be sure so I don't brick the laptop by flashing the wrong BIOS?

Just check the F2 BIOS menu. If it says "P1xSM" or "P1xSM-A" on its main page.

Can anyone provide me the original BIOS of a P77XDM -G. I wanted to update it and I took one of XMG , except now my P77XDM -G is a recognized XMG and I have to send in guarantee. Please help me !

What was the original BIOS branding? "StyleNote"?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic