[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I was running a P170EM.

What I ended up doing was grabbing the AFUDOS executable from the P-SM and overwriting the one that came with the P170EM zip file. That ended up fixing it since before trying to even run AFUDOS didn't do anything from the command line.

I appear to be all flashed up from a BIOS perspective. I assume now that when I tried to install the latest GeForce drivers that because I got an error saying there isn't a compatible card that I need to update the vBios is that correct?

For what GPU?

GTX9xxM is only directly supported by the v3 Mod that comes with the GPUs when purchased from a Prema Mod Partner Shop and not the v2 that is available online...

For what GPU?

GTX9xxM is only directly supported by the v3 Mod that comes with the GPUs when purchased from a Prema Mod Partner Shop and not the v2 that is available online...

Okay that makes sense. Eurocom is one of those partner shops correct?

Hi there,

I have recently bought a P650SG with a. I7-5700hq and gt980m and when gaming the fans instantly go to full speed and become a bit unbearable. The temperatures arent too hot so I tried to use hotkey to turn them down but this didn't work. So I have two questions:

1) Will the prema bios mod give me more control over fans and allow me to turn them down? Both GPU and CPU?

2) I've found the bios drivers but it says don't install on broadwell CPU's. As the i7-5700 HQ is a broadwell processor does that mean I can't install the prema bios mod anyway?

Thanks

Kesteral

Hi there,

I have recently bought a P650SG with a. I7-5700hq and gt980m and when gaming the fans instantly go to full speed and become a bit unbearable. The temperatures arent too hot so I tried to use hotkey to turn them down but this didn't work. So I have two questions:

1) Will the prema bios mod give me more control over fans and allow me to turn them down? Both GPU and CPU?

2) I've found the bios drivers but it says don't install on broadwell CPU's. As the i7-5700 HQ is a broadwell processor does that mean I can't install the prema bios mod anyway?

Thanks

Kesteral

The current P650SG Mod version is not compatible with the P650SG-A model (Broadwell CPU). Only the included vBIOS Mod.

Hi guys

Just a quick question about your bios mods? Do they have the ability to allow a optimus system to select the nvidia one as the discrete gpu?

You can force enable or disable the NVIDIA GPU, but you can not disable the Intel GPU.

Dear Prema。I from China , have a laptop Hasee z7m (clevo P655SA)。I will update the SSD by Samsung sm951 or 950pro NVME。I has be said the prema bios can use NNMe SSD in clevo P650SE 。But ,I cannot find zip for P655SA in all Internet。cloud you make the prema bios for P655SA?

Hello master Prema.

Thank you for all your efforts helping us.

I have a p157sm-a and (like it was said some pages before) it has windows Key to the left (very very inconvenient for gamers ) and Fn to the right.

I'd like to reverse their function.

I've tried enabling the switch from the corresponding line in your latest bios mod but it doesn't work at all.

Any way to make it work or am I doing something wrong?

Secondly, my keyboard is backlit and it works with the latest hot key version from sager for Windows 10. All the areas are showing all the RGB colors except the center area of the keyboard: it seems stuck to blue gradations (I can't make it green or red like other areas) even if the software tell it to do so. Broken keyboard? Or EC problem?

Thank you so much

Dear Prema。I from China , have a laptop Hasee z7m (clevo P655SA)。I will update the SSD by Samsung sm951 or 950pro NVME。I has be said the prema bios can use NNMe SSD in clevo P650SE 。But ,I cannot find zip for P655SA in all Internet。cloud you make the prema bios for P655SA?

I have made no Mod for the SA (GTX965M) version...

Hello master Prema.

Thank you for all your efforts helping us.

I have a p157sm-a and (like it was said some pages before) it has windows Key to the left (very very inconvenient for gamers ) and Fn to the right.

I'd like to reverse their function.

I've tried enabling the switch from the corresponding line in your latest bios mod but it doesn't work at all.

Any way to make it work or am I doing something wrong?

Secondly, my keyboard is backlit and it works with the latest hot key version from sager for Windows 10. All the areas are showing all the RGB colors except the center area of the keyboard: it seems stuck to blue gradations (I can't make it green or red like other areas) even if the software tell it to do so. Broken keyboard? Or EC problem?

Thank you so much

Check the keyboard backlight cable

hello everyone it's my first post so please be generous with patience...

i had a prema mod installed on the notebook, then tried some bios magic to avoid some persistent junk and ...

bye

i tried fn+B

it goes thru the two reboot

but video doesn't come back.

anyway i had the one dloaded from premamod.com,

is it any different from this?

any help will be welcomed

jack

Depends on what you changed in your own BIOS creation...

Many options simply brick the system for good, to the point where even recovery will simply fail.

That's why we are testing every single option (on dev-boards with socketed BIOS chips) before any Prema Mods are published.

EDIT:

@ALL

BTW, I've uploaded a quick HOT-FIX version for that little batch of P6xxSx-A BROADWELL CPU models which fixes the crashing problem that these units experience on many games...(click my signature).

Hello everybody, I'm really thankful for accepting me in the forum.:Banane42:

I own a Clevo P650SE (haswell) from Pro Star and my purpose is to update the stock BIOS with the PremaMod P6xxSE_39_310_PM_v2, in adition, (no matter why) I'd like to change the logo for a custom logo. But I have no experience in the field, I've found plenty of procedures on internet but as usual I couldn't find a specific guide for my case. So here are my needs:

1. Is the PremaMod Bios update the correct for my model?.
  2. Is it possible to edit the PremaMod Bios with a custom logo?.
  3. If 2 is yes, which tool(s) do I need?.
  4. Is it convenient to edit the PremaMod Bios before of install it or is better to make the tasks separately?.

I thank the readers for the attention and hope somebody could help me. :encouragement:

Depends on what you changed in your own BIOS creation...

Many options simply brick the system for good, to the point where even recovery will simply fail.

That's why we are testing every single option (on dev-boards with socketed BIOS chips) before any Prema Mods are published.

EDIT:

@ALL

BTW, I've uploaded a quick HOT-FIX version for that little batch of P6xxSx-A BROADWELL CPU models which fixes the crashing problem that these units experience on many games...(click my signature).

I unhderstand that, thanks

anyway, I was trying all the different possibilities between legacy and uefi and all the interpolation with the intel options in order to make it boot from the pen drive (that was the simple task I couldn't perform, even though I could flash the bios before thru prema mod usb flash.

what can i do now?

i mean, how can i verify if it's recoverable or not?

the fact is: the screen is totally blankl and it keeps rebooting.

are there any "keys" that in some way restore something.

any help would be really appreciated

also, it seems i cannot download from https://biosmods.wordpress.com anymore:

I unhderstand that, thanks

anyway, I was trying all the different possibilities between legacy and uefi and all the interpolation with the intel options in order to make it boot from the pen drive (that was the simple task I couldn't perform, even though I could flash the bios before thru prema mod usb flash.

what can i do now?

i mean, how can i verify if it's recoverable or not?

the fact is: the screen is totally blankl and it keeps rebooting.

are there any "keys" that in some way restore something.

any help would be really appreciated

Try the FN+B method with this file:

https://mega.nz/#!TZsU1SiD!9sZCcbDJr1da8CiezGt2jAc_DSBw0fZNrmlu6IhJz1E

If it doesn't work try it renamed to "P170SMA.rom"

You can also try to boot with FN+S

Good Luck! :)

i'll try the fn+s way

but still no clue from the mirror

kieeps telling unable to make a secure connection

thanks anyway

a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Try the FN+B method with this file:

https://mega.nz/#!TZsU1SiD!9sZCcbDJr1da8CiezGt2jAc_DSBw0fZNrmlu6IhJz1E

If it doesn't work try it renamed to "P170SMA.rom"

You can also try to boot with FN+S

Good Luck! :)

the link you attached,

the part Jz1E:

does it go:

- no space

- underscore

- dot

- other

- trash

?

thanks and sorry

i wanna make sure it's not me i'm impaired

is there any other way to dload the rar file? any accessible location (i mean accessible for my emergency ibook g4)?

Something personal for those who followed the story:

My very dear friend, who had been suffering from cancer, has passed away a couple of days ago...

Thank you ALL for your kind words and prayers!

Crap @Prema - I didn't realize that this happened. So sorry for your loss. That is horrible and hard to deal with. I wish you strength and my thoughts are with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

@arcphoto

Just click on the link ;) If your provider blocks mega, then use a proxy.

Hello everybody, I'm really thankful for accepting me in the forum.:Banane42:

I own a Clevo P650SE (haswell) from Pro Star and my purpose is to update the stock BIOS with the PremaMod P6xxSE_39_310_PM_v2, in adition, (no matter why) I'd like to change the logo for a custom logo. But I have no experience in the field, I've found plenty of procedures on internet but as usual I couldn't find a specific guide for my case. So here are my needs:

1. Is the PremaMod Bios update the correct for my model?.
  2. Is it possible to edit the PremaMod Bios with a custom logo?.
  3. If 2 is yes, which tool(s) do I need?.
  4. Is it convenient to edit the PremaMod Bios before of install it or is better to make the tasks separately?.

I thank the readers for the attention and hope somebody could help me. :encouragement:

1. Sure

2. Not on the latest versions ( as they use newer signatures).

3. You would need newer tools than those that are available to public online.

4. Its always the entire BIOS that gets written, there is no partial update for these kind of things. So all changes need to be done before flashing.

Hello,

i have a ONE K73-2N (according to my BIOS a "P170EMx") with a NVIDIA 675mx and trouble with my GPU fan.

Normally if the system is running correctly the GPU fan is starting at 50°C and stopping at 40°C on GPU.

My Problem is that the GPU fan is very often not starting if the Nvidia GPU is in use and heating up.

(Check it out HWInfo)

In such a problem case the fan is not starting and after a few seconds i get a critical system sound with beeping and blinking caps lock leds, because the Nvidia GPU reach 80°C without fan rpm.

A program restart or other program start doesn’t solve the problem.

The only solution is, turn the notebook completely off and start it new and hope if the fan works now.

If this works then the fan is running correctly the whole time.

Current BIOS is stock 1.02.17 with KBC/EC 1.02.12

All Drivers are updated with GeForce Experience.

I don’t know where the problem is and what i can check.

I have read the fan is controlled by the EC, from this point of view i don't know if my OS (WIN8.1@64bit) have influence on it. So i could use the Prema MOD for P170EM (https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p170em/), but i don't know if this solve my problem (maybe with FN+1) or if it's better to flash the stock BIOS again.

I have a little bit fear to do it, because of a brick or a not longer booting up system.

- MRAlien

I want a new BIOS for my W350STQ to solve the fan problem (my fan actually died in less than 2 years because it runs so hard for no reason!)

I downloaded W3xxST_32_32_PM_v2.rar but it won't accept either password premamod.com or biosmods.wordpress.com. What am I missing?

Also can you confirm that is the correct file for W350STQ? Sorry for the noob questions!

Thanks, Martin

Hello,

i have a ONE K73-2N (according to my BIOS a "P170EMx") with a NVIDIA 675mx and trouble with my GPU fan.

Normally if the system is running correctly the GPU fan is starting at 50°C and stopping at 40°C on GPU.

My Problem is that the GPU fan is very often not starting if the Nvidia GPU is in use and heating up.

(Check it out HWInfo)

In such a problem case the fan is not starting and after a few seconds i get a critical system sound with beeping and blinking caps lock leds, because the Nvidia GPU reach 80°C without fan rpm.

A program restart or other program start doesn’t solve the problem.

The only solution is, turn the notebook completely off and start it new and hope if the fan works now.

If this works then the fan is running correctly the whole time.

Current BIOS is stock 1.02.17 with KBC/EC 1.02.12

All Drivers are updated with GeForce Experience.

I don’t know where the problem is and what i can check.

I have read the fan is controlled by the EC, from this point of view i don't know if my OS (WIN8.1@64bit) have influence on it. So i could use the Prema MOD for P170EM (https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p170em/), but i don't know if this solve my problem (maybe with FN+1) or if it's better to flash the stock BIOS again.

I have a little bit fear to do it, because of a brick or a not longer booting up system.

- MRAlien

Flash the BIOS/EC:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/10983-help-p170em-np9170-beeping-restart-any-ideas.html

I want a new BIOS for my W350STQ to solve the fan problem (my fan actually died in less than 2 years because it runs so hard for no reason!)

I downloaded W3xxST_32_32_PM_v2.rar but it won't accept either password premamod.com or biosmods.wordpress.com. What am I missing?

Also can you confirm that is the correct file for W350STQ? Sorry for the noob questions!

Thanks, Martin

Yep, that's the right BIOS and the first password works just fine here...

hi can you please upload latest stock P751DM-G bios

hi, I just bought P751DM-G with i5 6600k and gtx980m, bios version is 1.05.01 please help as cpu turbo boost deactivates in games and cpu stays at constant 3.47ghz(value in task manager) until i reset laptop or put it in sleep mode and back. I've read its an early bios issue, can you please advice where I can download latest bios. thank you in advance

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic