[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Yeah that's sometimes a side effect of free DOS...ah well you could try to use the latest version of afudos (attached) and replace that file on the stick.

And don't worry it never started the flash so you can just shut it down and repeat

Oh, that's great, but when I try the process a second time, do I start from step1 or step2?

I was thinking about reformat the pen with msdos instead of free DOS to try the second time, tgis could answer this problem, right?

Oh, that's great, but when I try the process a second time, do I start from step1 or step2?

I was thinking about reformat the pen with msdos instead of free DOS to try the second time, tgis could answer this problem, right?

Yeah it should fix the error...

Start again from step1...

Evenin' Prema

I've been using your BIOS on my Clevo P170 EM for a couple months now.

Of course, I'd like to make a custom boot screen rather than the PremaMod logo (no offense), to further customize my machine.

How can I do that, using a base image 1920 x 1080 in resolution?

Yeah it should fix the error...

Start again from step1...

Formatting the pen with MSDOS did the trick, now I have new BIOS and EC.

I have updated ME too, without problems, you was a livesaver for me haha.

Now I need to flash a vBIOS to my 680m, to iron the throttle issue and it's set. Do you recommend and of the vBIOS here in the forum?

Thanks!

Evenin' Prema

I've been using your BIOS on my Clevo P170 EM for a couple months now.

Of course, I'd like to make a custom boot screen rather than the PremaMod logo (no offense), to further customize my machine.

How can I do that, using a base image 1920 x 1080 in resolution?

For the older mods you can use AMI's "changelogo" tool...google. ;)

(For the newer ones you will have to wait until a newer version leaks).

Formatting the pen with MSDOS did the trick, now I have new BIOS and EC.

I have updated ME too, without problems, you was a lifesaver for me haha.

Now I need to flash a vBIOS to my 680m, to iron the throttle issue and it's set. Do you recommend and of the vBIOS here in the forum?

Thanks!

Use the "Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip" version for your EM system:

(only use Clevo v29 or MSI v33 on HM systems or brick)

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html#post23432

Please post the value shown in the "μCU" tab on the main page of HWINFO64.

Hi Prema,

What does that value represent? Some sort of revision number?

If you hadn't seen earlier, the value that I had was 10.

For your reference, my message from earlier was:

Hi Prema,

I've installed the bios for the W370ET. I've overlocked the 2920xm ES fine for the past year that I've had it, took it up to 4.5 Ghz. I recently bought a 3920xm ES however I can't get it to overclock. I Opened up intel's XTU and it says: "Possible Turbo Bins: Unlimted" and "Turbo Overclockable: True", so I think i should be able to OC it.

I've also tried underclocking the CPU but it also did not work, as if the bios isn't affecting the CPU?

Any comments on this would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work

Thanks

I recently bought a p771zm - g , with i7 4790k cpu and gpu gtx970 6GB .. I have a question : I found the prema bios for my pc ( P77xZM - G_315_39_PM_v2.rar ) , but I do not know if in addition I also have to flash the vbios relative to the GPU instead to have full control dela graphics card

Hi Prema,

What does that value represent? Some sort of revision number?

If you hadn't seen earlier, the value that I had was 10.

For your reference, my message from earlier was:

Thanks

Its the CPU microcode the current CPU uses. I wanted to know if it loads a code at all...

I recently bought a p771zm - g , with i7 4790k cpu and gpu gtx970 6GB .. I have a question : I found the prema bios for my pc (P77xZM - G_315_39_PM_v2.rar) , but I do not know if in addition I also have to flash the vbios relative to the GPU instead to have full control dela graphics card

Yes you can flash the BIOS Mod (P77xZM - G_315_39_PM_v2.rar) for your system and vBIOS Mod (CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar) for your GPU

(both in the OP).

BIOS is to get advanced system (CPU, RAM etc). The vBIOS to unlock the GPU.

Doesn't matter which one you flash first.

Use the "Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip" version for your EM system:

(only use Clevo v29 or MSI v33 on HM systems or brick)

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html#post23432

Hi Prema, my PC is so much better now, I was reading and making the preparations for flashing vBIOS, and saw something that's odd.

You said that Clevo v29 could brick, but my card is a stock v29. It will be fine if I flash v67 like you said before? I only want a BIOS that removes the throttling, my PC throttles a bit when well under 80ºC.

Pic of GPU-Z for VGA and CPU-Z for NB Model

post-5872-14495000744244_thumb.jpg

Hi Prema, my PC is so much better now, I was reading and making the preparations for flashing vBIOS, and saw something that's odd.

You said that Clevo v29 could brick, but my card is a stock v29. It will be fine if I flash v67 like you said before? I only want a BIOS that removes the throttling, my PC throttles a bit when well under 80ºC.

Pic of GPU-Z for VGA and CPU-Z for NB Model

[ATTACH]15969[/ATTACH]

No worries, that warning is ONLY for PxxxHMx systems, NOT P1xxEM.

hi, im having trouble with my P650se installing an OS through the bios would reinstalling this fix it? ive got the windows on a usb it shows up on the boot menu but wont auto run i have tested on to other laptops and it boots up fine.

also when the laptop powers on the screen is all scrambled before the bios loads up not sure if that part of the problem?

any help would me well appreciated

This information pertains to others with a Clevo P570WM or an 880M crashing problem.

Yesterday, I installed the Prema mod v5 for my Clevo P570WM successfully (I was nervous - it was my first bios flash). I did it in hopes of stopping my 880M SLI graphics drivers from constantly crashing and recovering. And surprisingly (knowing this wasn't a vbios), it seemed to have fixed the crashing! I gamed for at least 4 hours after installing the bios mod last night without a single crash. That did not happen on the stock bios.

I still want to install the 880M vbios mod from svl7 to unlock the true potential of the 880Ms, but I have heard that one can no longer game on battery power only once installing that vbios. Apparently, the battery does not apply enough wattage to the computer once the cards are not longer able to throttle themselves (a feature of the vbios mod), and the computer crashes. Does anyone else know if this is true?

This information pertains to others with a Clevo P570WM or an 880M crashing problem.

Yesterday, I installed the Prema mod v5 for my Clevo P570WM successfully (I was nervous - it was my first bios flash). I did it in hopes of stopping my 880M SLI graphics drivers from constantly crashing and recovering. And surprisingly (knowing this wasn't a vbios), it seemed to have fixed the crashing! I gamed for at least 4 hours after installing the bios mod last night without a single crash. That did not happen on the stock bios.

I still want to install the 880M vbios mod from svl7 to unlock the true potential of the 880Ms, but I have heard that one can no longer game on battery power only once installing that vbios. Apparently, the battery does not apply enough wattage to the computer once the cards are not longer able to throttle themselves (a feature of the vbios mod), and the computer crashes. Does anyone else know if this is true?

Forget playing on battery... Use always the external charger when pushing for it. :)

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

For the older mods you can use AMI's "changelogo" tool...google. ;)

(For the newer ones you will have to wait until a newer version leaks).

Got Change Logo for Aptio V.5.00.0002.

Can I open the P17E1712.PM2 file (which I already deployed on my Clevo P170EM) from your ROM and replace the images and save changes, then flash the BIOS again?

If so, should I keep aspect ratio and size of the images used?

Thanks in advance.

hi, im having trouble with my P650se installing an OS through the bios would reinstalling this fix it? ive got the windows on a usb it shows up on the boot menu but wont auto run i have tested on to other laptops and it boots up fine.

also when the laptop powers on the screen is all scrambled before the bios loads up not sure if that part of the problem?

any help would me well appreciated

For Windows 8-10 you should use UEFI and Win8+ mode in BIOS. For W7 disable UEFI in BIOS.

Got Change Logo for Aptio V.5.00.0002.

Can I open the P17E1712.PM2 file (which I already deployed on my Clevo P170EM) from your ROM and replace the images and save changes, then flash the BIOS again?

If so, should I keep aspect ratio and size of the images used?

Thanks in advance.

Yes & yes

Hey guys can you check to see if your getting a pacakge c-state greater then c2 in windows 10. Use realtemp TI and click the c states button, for some reason it wont go past pacakge c-state 2. I really dont want to reinstall windows 8 to test this. This is on a P650SG, I get the c7 states for the cores, but the package wont leave C2.

edit: Fixed it by installed Intel Rapid storage Technology, no idea why that is

I have kind of a weird problem on my new W320SS. It is from "Hasee" and on the lid it says "God of War" and has eyes that light up red and yellow. The original Clevo BIOS must have been modified from stock to at the very least control the LEDs for the eyes. Anyway, I installed an ES 4700MH (the BGA version of the 4700MQ) that is soldered to another board with pins to fit into the G3 socket. With the original BIOS the CPU was always at 3.2-3.4Ghz no matter what in both Linux and WIndows. The performance was all there but battery life and fan noise could have been a lot better. I installed the Prema mod yesterday and now the CPU cannot exceed 1.5Ghz no matter what power settings I choose in the OS. There are lots of CPU options in the BIOS but currently I have left everything stock. What should I try changing in the BIOS to enable the processor to be able to change between low and high frequencies on demand?

I have kind of a weird problem on my new W320SS. It is from "Hasee" and ...

Hasee uses a special EC for this feature. If you can get me the original EC and/or BIOS I can incorporate compatibility into the Mod.

To let the ES CPU clock up you have to disable "EIST" in BIOS, this will also still allow it to clock down as only the "Enhanced" features will be disabled.

Hi guys.

Bit new here, so please excuse some noob questions.

I have a 370 Clevo rebranded as Roccat gaming laptop.

Can I use the 370 stuff found here for this?

Why are there different files for different resolutions, and what does the OV named files contain?

Regards

Pieter

Hi guys.

Bit new here, so please excuse some noob questions.

I have a 370 Clevo rebranded as Roccat gaming laptop.

Can I use the 370 stuff found here for this?

Why are there different files for different resolutions, and what does the OV named files contain?

Regards

Pieter

Sure!

OV Edition overvolts the GPU and the different resolutions are for boot logo conformity.

ENJOY!

Prema I've got a question. When I ran Step2, it got to the point where it asked to press any key to continue. However, when I do, it just goes back to the command line and doesnt start the flash. What can I do in this situation?

Hard to say without any information about your system.

Maybe you used freedos instead of MS DOS in Rufus?!

Hard to say without any information about your system.

Maybe you used freedos instead of MS DOS in Rufus?!

I was running a P170EM.

What I ended up doing was grabbing the AFUDOS executable from the P-SM and overwriting the one that came with the P170EM zip file. That ended up fixing it since before trying to even run AFUDOS didn't do anything from the command line.

I appear to be all flashed up from a BIOS perspective. I assume now that when I tried to install the latest GeForce drivers that because I got an error saying there isn't a compatible card that I need to update the vBios is that correct?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic