[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

What do I need to flash prema mod in a Alienware M18X-R2? Is it the same way as TI mod like I need to disable the card before flashing it? Is there any tutorial how to flash the prema mod in Alienwares? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, some posts got lost here because of our database error...

HELLO.

i'm new here and i'm interested to flash the bios and vbios,but ii'm a little skeptic to the wrongs that could happen.

i don't see the moded bios advantages than the standard video to compare it to the stock bios and tell the differences,if u could tell me

p.s: i have a p771zm non-gsync

New with these BIOS is a lot, bug fixes, cpu microcodes, performance tweaks, RAM SPD writes, latest BIOS & EC base, removed RAMlocks in systems that throttle fast RAM, additional BIOS options, latest Intel vBIOS – LAN – SATA/RAID, updated style, latest ME Firmware, improved stability, proper support for latest GPUs and FAN control, unlocked vBIOS with removed throttle…etc

What do I need to flash prema mod in a Alienware M18X-R2? Is it the same way as TI mod like I need to disable the card before flashing it? Is there any tutorial how to flash the prema mod in Alienwares? Thanks in advance.

Nope, the new bundled nvflash does everything for you. Just double click the .bat files and be done with it.

Only works on Clevos....

Gesendet von meinem XT1039 mit Tapatalk

Right, though the Maxwell vBIOS Mods work for all MXM cards with a vRAM of the same capacity. :)

@Prema the moded bios contains vbios or i need to flash that too?

All system Mods with on-board GPU (BGA) also contain modded vBIOS.

The MXM systems can flash vBIOS according to the model they use.

We have Clevo Maxwell MXM Mods in the OP. For older cards check out the general notebook section where svl7 has taken care of you.

All system Mods with on-board GPU (BGA) also contain modded vBIOS.

The MXM systems can flash vBIOS according to the model they use.

We have Clevo Maxwell MXM Mods in the OP. For older cards check out the general notebook section where svl7 has taken care of you.

I have p771zm with gtx 970m mxm card

I flashed the moded bios,

now i need to flash the vbios for the gtx 970m?

What are the advantages of vbios?

How much i can OC without fragmentation?

P.s: now with the moded bios i can OC to 47 46 45 44, the 44 is quadcore

The temps are 90-93 at 4.4quad,before with the stock bios i couldn t OC

the cpu is i7 4790k

I have p771zm with gtx 970m mxm card

I flashed the moded bios,

now i need to flash the vbios for the gtx 970m?

What are the advantages of vbios?

How much i can OC without fragmentation?

P.s: now with the moded bios i can OC to 47 46 45 44, the 44 is quadcore

The temps are 90-93 at 4.4quad,before with the stock bios i couldn t OC

Nice, ENJOY! :)

Check this for the GTX9xxM vBIOS changes:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-vbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-stock.html#post54056

I am really annoyed that a new member must have at least 5 posts before he/she can download a file!

I need modded bios for P157SMA really hurry!

As a little 'social experiment' and to test how people would change their posting patterns when they can grab files without becoming active members of the community, I have posted one of my Mods HERE for instant download.

As you can see 410 downloads and (except 2 user who posted) ALL did a 'hit'n'run" on us (also without a single donation).

That being said, no-one is even forced to register here as all my Mods are also available with a simple click of my signature.

The shame is with the average user, not us. We are part of the solution and not the problem. :45:

As a little 'social experiment' and to test how people would change their posting patterns when they can grab files without becoming active members of the community, I have posted one of my Mods HERE for instant download.

As you can see 410 downloads and (except 2 user who posted) ALL did a 'hit'n'run" on us without even a single one donation.

That being said, no-one is even forced to register here as all my Mods are also available with a simple click of my signature.

The shame is with the average user, not us. We are part of the solution and not the problem. :45:

Agh, I managed to download the prema mod of P157SMA at biosmod.wordpress.com at last. However it turned out to be a terrible experience.

Reasons?

#1 I'm on WCDMA network of China Unicom. It worked well on domestic websites but slowly on foreign ones! (I need to wait for at least 10 secs to open forum.techinferno.com)

#2 biosmod.wordpress.com is BLOCKED by CHINA GFW! I have access to VPN and bypassed it, but not everyone owns one! Also, VPN is VERY instable on mobile networking!

I don't know that clicking on your signature is a solution of getting access to the files. Oops.

As with the donations:

Online payment in China is usually done with Alipay. Enabling payment with Alipay and I'm sure you'll receive donations from China!

Some other issues:

What's the difference between "Cool mode" and "Silent mode"? I re-flashed my P157SMA from PM cool mode to PM silent mode due to the annoying fan noise WHEN IDLE. However I didn't find out differences.

Note: I have a Hasee K610D (model: quanta tws) with i7 ES 2.0Ghz and a P157SMA with i7 4700MQ. The tws is a hell lot more silent than P157SMA idle and loaded.

Another question: Is it possible to make prema mods for Quanta notebooks? I found out that tws is terribly restricted on bios and assumed that you could help.

Agh, I managed to download the prema mod of P157SMA at biosmod.wordpress.com at last. However it turned out to be a terrible experience.

Reasons?

#1 I'm on WCDMA network of China Unicom. It worked well on domestic websites but slowly on foreign ones! (I need to wait for at least 10 secs to open forum.techinferno.com)

#2 biosmod.wordpress.com is BLOCKED by CHINA GFW! I have access to VPN and bypassed it, but not everyone owns one! Also, VPN is VERY instable on mobile networking!

I don't know that clicking on your signature is a solution of getting access to the files. Oops.

As with the donations:

Online payment in China is usually done with Alipay. Enabling payment with Alipay and I'm sure you'll receive donations from China!

Some other issues:

What's the difference between "Cool mode" and "Silent mode"? I re-flashed my P157SMA from PM cool mode to PM silent mode due to the annoying fan noise WHEN IDLE. However I didn't find out differences.

Note: I have a Hasee K610D (model: quanta tws) with i7 ES 2.0Ghz and a P157SMA with i7 4700MQ. The tws is a hell lot more silent than P157SMA idle and loaded.

Another question: Is it possible to make prema mods for Quanta notebooks? I found out that tws is terribly restricted on bios and assumed that you could help.

We have also teamed up with the Chinese Forum cbber.com, they also host all my Mods HERE. ;)

Donations aren't the main reason for doing this, but I'll look into Alipay. Not sure though if our Chinese brothers would make use of it.

As you know it is Chinese culture that if you don't want people to share something for free you have to keep it in your house. :)

The silent EC will kick in later and not run as high, the cool EC will run on low all the time and boost the FAN higher on high temps.

sir, is the silent mode will cause throttle?

Throttle happens with the Mod only when the system gets too hot...so it really depends on the specific usage scenario.

Hi, I have an Avell G1530 (Clevo P150EMx) with a GTX680M, and want to use Prema MOD BIOS, to do this safe and right I want to ask a bit before.

I had taken photos from my boot screen and BIOS as I've put here in the thread, I think that the most important info is:

MB series: P150EMx

Bios Rev: 1.00.04NS1

KBC/EC FW Rev: 1.00.05SA

My questions is:

1) My PC shows P150EMx in place of P150EM, these two uses the same BIOS?

2) To use Prema MOD I need to update my BIOS and KBC to the newest possible stock BIOS (eg. BIOS 17 and EC 11) ?

3) Where do I see my ME version? I have entered all the screens of my BIOS and didn't saw ME info.

4) With a i7-3610QM, can I use overclock goodies of Prema MOD? (I want Prema MOD for other things too, like UEFI on Windows 7).

5) Do I have to be a fully charged battery, need to remove battery or something about battery that I need to know? Because I read that to make the flash one need to be in AC mode. The point that makes me think about the battery is the point where the tutorial said to shutdown laptop, disconnect AC and wait 30s. It is needed to remove battery too?

6) In Prema's site, the page of P150EM says that I need to use one of the two options (K1/K2) but it says that K1 has Winkey right and full FAN in FN+9 and K2 has Winkey left and full FAN in FN+1, my keyboard have Winkey in right (who puts me in K1 option), but my full FAN is activated pressing FN+1 (who is K2 option). So which one I need to use?

Photos:

post-5872-14495000735305_thumb.jpg

post-5872-14495000736017_thumb.jpg

post-5872-14495000736791_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Hi, I have an Avell G1530 (Clevo P150EMx) with a GTX680M, and want to use Prema MOD BIOS, to do this safe and right I want to ask a bit before.

I had taken photos from my boot screen and BIOS as I've put here in the thread, I think that the most important info is:

MB series: P150EMx

Bios Rev: 1.00.04NS1

KBC/EC FW Rev: 1.00.05SA

My questions is:

1) My PC shows P150EMx in place of P150EM, these two uses the same BIOS?

2) To use Prema MOD I need to update my BIOS and KBC to the newest possible stock BIOS (eg. BIOS 17 and EC 11) ?

3) Where do I see my ME version? I have entered all the screens of my BIOS and didn't saw ME info.

4) With a i7-3610QM, can I use overclock goodies of Prema MOD? (I want Prema MOD for other things too, like UEFI on Windows 7).

5) Do I have to be a fully charged battery, need to remove battery or something about battery that I need to know? Because I read that to make the flash one need to be in AC mode. The point that makes me think about the battery is the point where the tutorial said to shutdown laptop, disconnect AC and wait 30s. It is needed to remove battery too?

6) In Prema's site, the page of P150EM says that I need to use one of the two options (K1/K2) but it says that K1 has Winkey right and full FAN in FN+9 and K2 has Winkey left and full FAN in FN+1, my keyboard have Winkey in right (who puts me in K1 option), but my full FAN is activated pressing FN+1 (who is K2 option). So which one I need to use?

Photos:

[ATTACH]15934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15935[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15936[/ATTACH]

Thanks everyone!

1. Same thing

2. On PxxxEM systems BIOS/EC 1.00.04 is the minimum version to directly flash the Mod, so you are good to go

3. After flashing the Mod you can update the modded ME firmware to the latest version (8.1.65.1586)

4. The Mod will enable you to use Intel XTU Utillity to overclock CPU, RAM & iGPU. It'll also allow you to install W7 in UEFI mode.

5. AC Adapter and battery need to be connected for the flash. Only AFTER it is complete and has shutdown you remove AC Adapter for 30s.

6. K1 (FAN will just change to FN+9)

7. ENJOY! :)

1. Same thing

2. On PxxxEM systems BIOS/EC 1.00.04 is the minimum version to directly flash the Mod, so you are good to go

3. After flashing the Mod you can update the modded ME firmware to the latest version (8.1.65.1586)

4. The Mod will enable you to use Intel XTU Utillity to overclock CPU, RAM & iGPU. It'll also allow you to install W7 in UEFI mode.

5. AC Adapter and battery need to be connected for the flash. Only AFTER it is complete and has shutdown you remove AC Adapter for 30s.

6. K1 (FAN will just change to FN+9)

7. ENJOY! :)

Thanks Prema!

Ok, now I'm preparing to flash the modded BIOS, you have clarified all the points for this step, but about the MEI, I saw your site and others, even downloaded the right file, but haven't found any tutorial or guide with how to flash MEI, can you enlighten me about that?

I saw some files on the ZIP, but doesn't know how to make things correctly and the ZIP doesn't have any BAT or script (from what I have seen).

Every download comes with a "README" file with instructions... ;)

Ouch, sorry...

Now I saw the README file, sorry for it, I was really needing a little bit of sleep this night when I had searched for it, haha :apologetic:

The final question (I hope):

I searched a bit and found that 2T is for 32GB RAM or super speeds, I have "only" 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (4x4GB).

I downloaded Speccy to get info about my memories and saw that it uses 11-11-11-28 and command rate of 2T.

So... Can I use Prema MOD v2 or need to use Prema MOD v2 - 2T version?

Thanks!

Regular v2 will be fine (2T is only to get 2133Mhz stable).

Think that things didn't have done well, I have made the bootable pendrive, put all the zip unzipped on the ROOT of the pen booted by the pen and made step1.

After that, the PC rebooted and I send the command step2, after step2, it runs x.bat and failed.

The fail was:

[PMODE/W]: Not enough memory available!

And returned to C:\

I didn't make anything after, I'm fearing that the pc will not boot a next time, so i didn't unplug or make anything, the PC is booted and I can make any commands, even trying AFUDOS a second time, what I need to do now? Or can I simply set the PC off?

Thanks

Hi Prema,

I've installed the bios for the W370ET. I've overlocked the 2920xm ES fine for the past year that I've had it, took it up to 4.5 Ghz. I recently bought a 3920xm ES however I can't get it to overclock. I Opened up intel's XTU and it says: "Possible Turbo Bins: Unlimted" and "Turbo Overclockable: True", so I think i should be able to OC it.

I've also tried underclocking the CPU but it also did not work, as if the bios isn't affecting the CPU?

Any comments on this would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work :)

Think that things didn't have done well, I have made the bootable pendrive, put all the zip unzipped on the ROOT of the pen booted by the pen and made step1.

After that, the PC rebooted and I send the command step2, after step2, it runs x.bat and failed.

The fail was:

[PMODE/W]: Not enough memory available!

And returned to C:\

I didn't make anything after, I'm fearing that the pc will not boot a next time, so i didn't unplug or make anything, the PC is booted and I can make any commands, even trying AFUDOS a second time, what I need to do now? Or can I simply set the PC off?

Thanks

Yeah that's sometimes a side effect of free DOS...ah well you could try to use the latest version of afudos (attached) and replace that file on the stick.

And don't worry it never started the flash so you can just shut it down and repeat.

Hi Prema,

I've installed the bios for the W370ET. I've overlocked the 2920xm ES fine for the past year that I've had it, took it up to 4.5 Ghz. I recently bought a 3920xm ES however I can't get it to overclock. I Opened up intel's XTU and it says: "Possible Turbo Bins: Unlimted" and "Turbo Overclockable: True", so I think i should be able to OC it.

I've also tried underclocking the CPU but it also did not work, as if the bios isn't affecting the CPU?

Any comments on this would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work :)

Please post the value shown in the "μCU" tab on the main page of HWINFO64.

AFUDOS.rar

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic