[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

If it locks up after step1, repeat.

If it locks up after starting step2, keep it running.

No need to reset settings, maybe disable Turbo for the flash.

Only run the full update (first file set) after finishing the second set and a few power cycles.

If it locks up after step1, repeat.

If it locks up after starting step2, keep it running.

No need to reset settings, maybe disable Turbo for the flash.

Only run the full update (first file set) after finishing the second set and a few power cycles.

Hi Prema,

Thought I would chime in, It took a few tries of step 1 freezing/rebooting, but I managed to flash the last files you sent (the ME Fix last ones). I was on pins and needles while step 2 was taking place, and thankfully I got no freezes during step2, The flash was successful and the system seems stable now. I will do a few more power cycles, then attempt to flash the full update. So far so good!!!

I'll chime in once I get the full update flashed to give everyone a status update. What an adventure lol .

Thanks again

SUCCESS!!!

Ok, I have just flashed the final full update with no problems at all. Ever since the earlier patch flash, I have had no more BIOS freezes or black screens so that seems to have been the issue. I guess I have one of those pre-prod boards after all.

Thanks a lot for all the support Prema. I'll run a few tests to ensure stability, then the OC fun begins.

Is there anything I can do to help others that have the same board revision as myself avoid these headaches? It was really touch and go for a while there but all seems fine now. I can post any motherboard info you may need to help pinpoint the board IDs that may be problematic.

Cheers all.

SUCCESS!!!

Ok, I have just flashed the final full update with no problems at all. Ever since the earlier patch flash, I have had no more BIOS freezes or black screens so that seems to have been the issue. I guess I have one of those pre-prod boards after all.

Thanks a lot for all the support Prema. I'll run a few tests to ensure stability, then the OC fun begins.

Is there anything I can do to help others that have the same board revision as myself avoid these headaches? It was really touch and go for a while there but all seems fine now. I can post any motherboard info you may need to help pinpoint the board IDs that may be problematic.

Cheers all.

I have just updated all P37xSMx (non-A) Mods with a small ME FIX so that it is compatible with all board revisions (incl. the apparently not so rare dev boards).

(BCLK OC had to go for good, but no board revision will have any more freeze issues).

ENJOY! :)

sir, i found outsite for me firmware for 2012 model is 8.1.65.1586 for now...is that true? what is the diferent? is that ok to update?

is that already included in p37xem/em3 bios?

sorry for so many question

sir, i found outsite for me firmware for 2012 model is 8.1.65.1586 for now...is that true? what is the diferent? is that ok to update?

is that already included in p37xem/em3 bios?

sorry for so many question

Here You go!

I see no reason for it not to work...

ME_8.1.65.1586_Win.rar

Hi guys, I was trying to update vBios for my Batman (Clevo 751ZM), regular Bios from Prema updated just fine, but when I was trying to run the vBios .bat file I've got this as a result:

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID

I was doing this without the nvidia drivers, as I've read somwhere (prema site? not sure thou) that it should be done like that.. I've installed the drivers to check if I have the correct GPU installed and of course it is.. I've tried to to flash it afterwards, still the same error..

TLclear.png: DR should i flash the vbios with or without the nvidia drivers installed? Or it does not matter?

Hi guys, I was trying to update vBios for my Batman (Clevo 751ZM), regular Bios from Prema updated just fine, but when I was trying to run the vBios .bat file I've got this as a result:

WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID

I was doing this without the nvidia drivers, as I've read somwhere (prema site? not sure thou) that it should be done like that.. I've installed the drivers to check if I have the correct GPU installed and of course it is.. I've tried to to flash it afterwards, still the same error..

TLclear.png: DR should i flash the vbios with or without the nvidia drivers installed? Or it does not matter?

Don't worry, that's normal for Clevos even with stock vBIOS. Reason being the BIOS patching the system HWIDs on the fly and not showing the actual ones.

Friend of mine had the WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID message whilst updating vbios for his 980m G-Sync and he doesn't know what to do. He can either press "y" to confirm and update the driver firmware, or abort. Is he good to press Y?

Hi all,

Friend of mine tried to flash his 980m G Sync GPU with Premamod (see my post above, he pressed y if you couldn't guess already!) but something seems to have gone wrong and now his P750ZM doesn't seem to post at all. He's trying to blind flash but he needs the stock vbios for the 980m G Sync.

There is a stock 980m vbios on the premamod website, but I'm not sure if that works for G Sync 980m's too?

CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_MXM_Stock

Oh, does anyone also know if there is a keyboard combination whilst booting a P750ZM which forces it to boot from USB?

EDIT - Can you even DOS flash a 980m g sync? If you can't then what options are available to my buddy? :(

Hi Prema,

Sorry to trouble you, but I've found something quite odd with my P650SG and the PremaMod BIOS you have released. This morning I upgraded from v1 to v2 of your PremaMod BIOS, but noticed that I could not get into Windows 7 Safe Mode anymore, upon trying to load C:\Windows\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys, the Safe Mode login screen would appear and then immediately reboot the machine. Doing a quick Google search for this appears that is a common problem for some users, called the "classpnp.sys Safe Mode boot loop issue". Further research indicates that it is almost always a hardware issue.

I then reverted back to your v1 PremaMod BIOS, and disconnected all peripherals from my laptop, but I still cannot enter Safe Mode -- I keep getting this classpnp.sys issue. Normal booting into Windows 7 works fine with both v1 and v2, just Safe Mode doesn't work.

I have tried to get into Safe Mode with your Optimised Default BIOS settings for both v1 and v2, but neither work. I have tried disabling the dGPU, but that doesn't work either.

Am not sure why this could possibly be happening, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Have you by any chance encountered this issue before? Any possible fixes for it?

Hi all,

Friend of mine tried to flash his 980m G Sync GPU with Premamod but something seems to have gone wrong and now his P750ZM doesn't seem to post at all. He's trying to blind flash but he needs the stock vbios for the 980m G Sync.

There is a stock 980m vbios on the premamod website, but I'm not sure if that works for G Sync 980m's too?

Oh, does anyone also know if there is a keyboard combination whilst booting a P750ZM which forces it to boot from USB?

Saw it posted elsewhere that you can't even DOS nvflash the 980m, if that's the case (not sure it is?), then are there any options available...

Hey

Did your friend even flash the Bios? You really need to describe as accurately as possible what he did in what order. And it's true you don't to go in dos mode to flash vbios. Also if he did flash bios did he remove AC Power for 30s? Also did he change back UEFI settings if He used them before? Windows wont load if UEFI is turned off.

Hi Prema,

Sorry to trouble you, but I've found something quite odd with my P650SG and the PremaMod BIOS you have released. This morning I upgraded from v1 to v2 of your PremaMod BIOS, but noticed that I could not get into Windows 7 Safe Mode anymore, upon trying to load C:\Windows\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys, the Safe Mode login screen would appear and then immediately reboot the machine. Doing a quick Google search for this appears that is a common problem for some users, called the "classpnp.sys Safe Mode boot loop issue". Further research indicates that it is almost always a hardware issue.

I then reverted back to your v1 PremaMod BIOS, and disconnected all peripherals from my laptop, but I still cannot enter Safe Mode -- I keep getting this classpnp.sys issue. Normal booting into Windows 7 works fine with both v1 and v2, just Safe Mode doesn't work.

I have tried to get into Safe Mode with your Optimised Default BIOS settings for both v1 and v2, but neither work. I have tried disabling the dGPU, but that doesn't work either.

Am not sure why this could possibly be happening, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Have you by any chance encountered this issue before? Any possible fixes for it?

Just an update to this, I noticed today that I also cannot run the scheduled disk check (chkdsk /F) on the C: drive which you can normally run prior to Windows starting up.

Both of these issues have to do with various boot/startup sequences, and I have a guess at what might be tying these issues together -- the offboard sata controller in the P650SG. I have my C: drive located on an M.2 PCIe SSD, the Samsung SM951, and I've read how the boot loader for this isn't on the SM951 itself, it's actually a string of BIOS hacks in the Clevo BIOS itself.

Prema, may I ask if during your exploration/hacking of the BIOS for the P650SG you see any bootloader or unlockable options for the offboard sata controller?

Would anyone here be so kind as to upload a stock 980m G-Sync bios for me please? Can't seem to find it anywhere online..

A friend has an idea about putting the card into his Alienware and booting up with the integrated video then re-flashing in windows

Friend of mine had the WARNING: Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID message whilst updating vbios for his 980m G-Sync and he doesn't know what to do. He can either press "y" to confirm and update the driver firmware, or abort. Is he good to press Y?

Hi all,

Friend of mine tried to flash his 980m G Sync GPU with Premamod (see my post above, he pressed y if you couldn't guess already!) but something seems to have gone wrong and now his P750ZM doesn't seem to post at all. He's trying to blind flash but he needs the stock vbios for the 980m G Sync.

EDIT - Can you even DOS flash a 980m g sync? If you can't then what options are available to my buddy? :(

It is normal to through a HWID mismatch even when flashing stock vBIOS...a couple posts back I just gave the explanation...

He probably waited too long to answer the question with 'yes' and the nvflash lost control over the GPU resulting in a failed flash.

It is important to let the flash complete successfully and wait for the brief message to reboot. If a flash fails it needs to be repeated BEFORE rebooting.

Flashing in DOS is not supported for Maxwell cards by NVIDIA...

Would anyone here be so kind as to upload a stock 980m G-Sync bios for me please? Can't seem to find it anywhere online..

A friend has an idea about putting the card into his Alienware and booting up with the integrated video then re-flashing in windows

Stock vBIOS for GTX980M-G is in the OP and on the blog.

Re-flashing the GPU in a system with Optimus or as slave in an SLI will be no problem.

Hi Prema,

Just an update to this, I noticed today that I also cannot run the scheduled disk check (chkdsk /F) on the C: drive which you can normally run prior to Windows starting up.

Both of these issues have to do with various boot/startup sequences, and I have a guess at what might be tying these issues together -- the offboard sata controller in the P650SG. I have my C: drive located on an M.2 PCIe SSD, the Samsung SM951, and I've read how the boot loader for this isn't on the SM951 itself, it's actually a string of BIOS hacks in the Clevo BIOS itself.

Prema, may I ask if during your exploration/hacking of the BIOS for the P650SG you see any bootloader or unlockable options for the offboard sata controller?

Nope haven't heard of any such report...it may have already been corrupted...had the same problem with one of the W10 betas. The reason there was that it didn't forgive me booting in (mixed) Legacy mode once instead of pure UEFI.

Nope haven't heard of any such report...it may have already been corrupted...had the same problem with one of the W10 betas. The reason there was that it didn't forgive me booting in (mixed) Legacy mode once instead of pure UEFI.

Sorry, can I ask you for a bit more detail about this? What do you mean by "it may have already been corrupted"? You mean the default Clevo offboard sata part of the BIOS may be corrupted at the source, from Clevo itself? What do you mean that the BIOS did not forgive you booting once in mixed Legacy mode versus pure UEFI? I have had my CSM configured to boot in Legacy since I did a fresh install of Windows 7, as I didn't want to install Windows 7 in pure UEFI. Does booting the system in Legacy mode possibly corrupt something?

Sorry, can I ask you for a bit more detail about this? What do you mean by "it may have already been corrupted"? You mean the default Clevo offboard sata part of the BIOS may be corrupted at the source, from Clevo itself? What do you mean that the BIOS did not forgive you booting once in mixed Legacy mode versus pure UEFI? I have had my CSM configured to boot in Legacy since I did a fresh install of Windows 7, as I didn't want to install Windows 7 in pure UEFI. Does booting the system in Legacy mode possibly corrupt something?

Disabling UEFI and booting in Legacy while playing with CSM rendered the W10 beta FUBAR.

Disabling UEFI and booting in Legacy while playing with CSM rendered the W10 beta FUBAR.

Did this fubar-corruption occur within the BIOS itself, or did playing with CSM in Legacy corrupt something in the OS which you were subsequently able to fix with a fresh OS install?

I'm considering trying out the stock BIOS for the P650SG posted on this site, to see if I still get this issue. Problem is, I am currently on v2 of your Prema BIOS which is based on Clevo version 37_39, but the stock BIOS you have posted are only 37_34. Is there a danger of bricking my laptop if I downgrade like this from 37_39 to 37_34?

It is normal to through a HWID mismatch even when flashing stock vBIOS...a couple posts back I just gave the explanation...

He probably waited too long to answer the question with 'yes' and the nvflash lost control over the GPU resulting in a failed flash.

It is important to let the flash complete successfully and wait for the brief message to reboot. If a flash fails it needs to be repeated BEFORE rebooting.

Re-flashing the GPU in a system with Optimus or as slave in an SLI will be no problem.

Hi Prema,

Yes, I think my friend waited at the option to press "y" to continue and it just did something anyway. I told him to wait as I wanted to check here if the message he got was normal :(

Thanks for uploading the stock 980m gsync vbios, couldn't see it earlier :)

Did this fubar-corruption occur within the BIOS itself, or did playing with CSM in Legacy corrupt something in the OS which you were subsequently able to fix with a fresh OS install?

I'm considering trying out the stock BIOS for the P650SG posted on this site, to see if I still get this issue. Problem is, I am currently on v2 of your Prema BIOS which is based on Clevo version 37_39, but the stock BIOS you have posted are only 37_34. Is there a danger of bricking my laptop if I downgrade like this from 37_39 to 37_34?

It was not a BIOS but OS problem...though I had to reinstall it as nothing would fix it.

It was not a BIOS but OS problem...though I had to reinstall it as nothing would fix it.

What was the OS problem? Was it the same issue I'm having, where everything worked fine except for Safe Mode?

Also, is there any danger in downgrading my BIOS from your v2 to 37_34 stock?

Hey Prema, we're trying to reflash the 980m gsync from my friends P750zm-G in another laptop (alienware) with an IGPU, but we're getting this error. Basically a board ID mismatch error.

post-35744-14495000689162_thumb.jpg

It's this board id mismatch error that we can't overcome, is it because we're trying to flash a clevo p750zm stock 980m g sync vbios whilst the card is in an alienware laptop? Is there some way we can correct this mismatch error or even bypass it if that won't cause any problems?

Really appreciate any help you can give!

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic