[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi again prema, after I installed your BIOS (P15xSM-A BIOS 311 EC 308) on my P151SM1-A) it seems I have problems with the TDP of my gtx870m, as you can ser on the this imagem.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/07/25/ef3.png

Everytime i lauch a game(i have tested Witcher 3, dota 2 and BioShock), it is barely playable, as the memory clocks drop from 2500 to 2000. I have already set my windows to high performace and set on NVIDIA controle panel prefer maximum performance.

I have already installed the stock BIOS of my manufactor, but that didn t solve the problem either.

The previous BIOS version i had was BIOS Version: 1.03.03

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.04

I never had problems with it.

Hope you can help me with this, thanks in advance.

I only can say thank you. Excellent work with all this BIOS. I hope improve my P170SM-A with a mod BIOS. Retail BIOS by Clevo is ver simple, only control UEFI and RAID.

When I finded this site I can believe that. Really amazing.

OK prema i have testet everything, i can get to bios if i dont touch the laptop about hours to a day. When i am in the bios i get only a about 5-20 sec to react so i have tried to do factory setting and change the speed of the ram to 2N but does not work but my ram is 16gb ram at speed of 1600mhz and in the bios its says 1600mhz. I have also tried to go stock with yours bios recovery method the FN+B but i get black screen or reboot so i use usb to boot in stock but its freeze at "reading flash" at 37%, 56% or 94%.

OK prema i have testet everything, i can get to bios if i dont touch the laptop about hours to a day. When i am in the bios i get only a about 5-20 sec to react so i have tried to do factory setting and change the speed of the ram to 2N but does not work but my ram is 16gb ram at speed of 1600mhz and in the bios its says 1600mhz. I have also tried to go stock with yours bios recovery method the FN+B but i get black screen or reboot so i use usb to boot in stock but its freeze at "reading flash" at 37%, 56% or 94%.

Just to make sure before trying something else:

Are you 100% sure that you have flashed the SM version to a SM board (not SM-A to SM revision board)?

Also did you try to use only a single RAM, yet?

Hi again prema, after I installed your BIOS (P15xSM-A BIOS 311 EC 308) on my P151SM1-A) it seems I have problems with the TDP of my gtx870m, as you can ser on the this imagem.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/07/25/ef3.png

Everytime i lauch a game(i have tested Witcher 3, dota 2 and BioShock), it is barely playable, as the memory clocks drop from 2500 to 2000. I have already set my windows to high performace and set on NVIDIA controle panel prefer maximum performance.

I have already installed the stock BIOS of my manufactor, but that didn t solve the problem either.

The previous BIOS version i had was BIOS Version: 1.03.03

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.04

I never had problems with it.

Hope you can help me with this, thanks in advance.

http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?p=140478

I only can say thank you. Excellent work with all this BIOS. I hope improve my P170SM-A with a mod BIOS. Retail BIOS by Clevo is ver simple, only control UEFI and RAID.

When I finded this site I can believe that. Really amazing.

That's where the community comes into play. :)

On http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-vbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-stock.html I finded my Prema MOD Bios: P17xSMA_311_39_PM_v2.rar

But just over it I read: HASWELL: DO NOT UPDATE THE ME FIRMWARE BEYOND v9.0 IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING BCLK OC!

I have a Haswell CPU (i7 M4910 MQ) but I don't understand what the warning meaning. Can't I use this mod version? Standar Bios is poor and I very limited with it.

Can Anybody explain it to me?

Thks

I have checked the model nr on laptop its written SM not SM-A so i am positiv that i have flashed the right one. I have testet with singel ram and another ram with 4gb 1333mhz and 2gb 1333mhz still have the same problem

Hi Prema!

I have a heat related problem. I am an owner of p377sm-a with a gtx 980m. I am writing to you because of quite high temperature of my GPU. I installed your latest OC Bios and OC vbios and it seams to work good untill I play games.

Here is what I experience:

Fan starts to speed up a little bit when GPU is around 60 degrees and it is stay the same until it is 89. Then fan kicks in and temp. drops to 85 and then fan slowes down. From what I know the temperatures on my model should be quite a bit lower.

When I manually set the fan to maximum then temperature is very good. Never higher then 78.

I will appreciate any help. Thank you!

P.S.

Your mod is awesome anyway

That 870m Vbios didn t solve the problem, only add another one. Had to downgrade to my previous bios to solve the problem.

Uninstall Clevo Hot Key App and try v2 Mod again.

Make sure "PowerBiosServer" no longer shows up under Windows Task Manger 'Services' Tab.

If it does 'kill it'.

Set Windows to "Performance Mode" under "Windows Power Options".

Update IntelGPU driver and bench again.

On http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-vbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-stock.html I finded my Prema MOD Bios: P17xSMA_311_39_PM_v2.rar

But just over it I read: HASWELL: DO NOT UPDATE THE ME FIRMWARE BEYOND v9.0 IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING BCLK OC!

I have a Haswell CPU (i7 M4910 MQ) but I don't understand what the warning meaning. Can't I use this mod version? Standard Bios is poor and I very limited with it.

Can Anybody explain it to me?

Thks

The ME Firmware update comes in a separate archive. The one contained in the BIOS Mod is compatible.

I have checked the model nr on laptop its written SM not SM-A so i am positiv that i have flashed the right one. I have testet with singel ram and another ram with 4gb 1333mhz and 2gb 1333mhz still have the same problem

OK, do not touch recovery or any normal flash.

Instead please flash this in DOS:

https://mega.nz/#!OAVzjKbI!M9Ozf9sT_IbGHieZf9ffWNclyGT6q6kyPs019W8AmSI

Hi Prema!

I have a heat related problem. I am an owner of p377sm-a with a gtx 980m. I am writing to you because of quite high temperature of my GPU. I installed your latest OC Bios and OC vbios and it seams to work good untill I play games.

Here is what I experience:

Fan starts to speed up a little bit when GPU is around 60 degrees and it is stay the same until it is 89. Then fan kicks in and temp. drops to 85 and then fan slowes down. From what I know the temperatures on my model should be quite a bit lower.

When I manually set the fan to maximum then temperature is very good. Never higher then 78.

I will appreciate any help. Thank you!

P.S.

Your mod is awesome anyway

The Mods will stop all unnecessary throttle except thermal so that you get some real performance boost there now. It all sounds about right and within safety limits.

You could try to re-paste the heat-sinks or do one of the many thermal Mods from our "cooling hardware Mods sticky" in order to lower the temps.

Hi @Prema ,

i'm the one who asked infos about P170SM on your blog. (Alberto). Latest v2 BIOS is working perfect on my laptop, and with some tweaking (Turbo Boost OC and increased Power Limits) i can finally see a nice performance gain.

I really hope to see a new version (v3) for P170SM. Give some more love to "old" Clevo Models :)

Thank you.

The ME Firmware update comes in a separate archive. The one contained in the BIOS Mod is compatible.

That mean that I don't have to do step 1, go to step 2 and don't install the file ME?

Thanks Prema, of course. This is impossible without your help.

That mean that I don't have to do step 1, go to step 2 and don't install the file ME?

Thanks Prema, of course. This is impossible without your help.

No, you have to follow the readme.

It means that the standalone ME update is an entirely separate download and has NOTHING to do with the Mod.

Prema i Am trying to use the bios file but its get stuck at c:\>ftp -fp37xsm.xx -me

I don't know what exactly is different with your motherboard, but I have seen this happening before with early development boards.

The flash will remedy the issue for good.

You could try to remove all non essential components like ssd, WiFi, secondary GPU and only leave one RAM, GPU and the CPU in there to stabilize it to complete the flash.

Keep trying, step1 and after the auto-reboot step2.

Uninstall Clevo Hot Key App and try v2 Mod again.

Make sure "PowerBiosServer" no longer shows up under Windows Task Manger 'Services' Tab.

If it does 'kill it'.

Set Windows to "Performance Mode" under "Windows Power Options".

Update IntelGPU driver and bench again.

Tried again as you said. Powerserverbios doesn t appear on task manager services tab : /

Excellent, looks like you've got a good chip for overclocking! Will be interesting to see how far you can go with a 330W at stock voltage (assuming the +170Mhz you have now is not the max stable - from your post sounds like you're limiting the core overclock due to the small power brick).

Wish I could give you and update Robbo. One month on and I'm still waiting for the new power brick to find it's way to my house from China :(

Wish I could give you and update Robbo. One month on and I'm still waiting for the new power brick to find it's way to my house from China :(
Haha, well hopefully you got a good deal on it at least! ;-)

Hi Prema,

There are a little bug on P17xSMA_311_39_PM_v2.rar

On first screen I can see all disk. I have 2 SATA SSD disk (Channels 0 & 1), and empty channel (2), Blue-Ray/DVD (Channel 3), and another 2 mSATA SSD disk (on Channels 4 & 5)

But on Advanced configuration of SATA I changed from HDD to SSD Channels 0,1, 4 and ¿where is 5? There are only 5 channel, 0 to 4, so I can't modify last SSD.

If you need any screen I can take some photos so you can see this bug.

Regards

Alienware 15 Geforce gtx980m 4gb... Any chance of unlocked bios for this model? Please let me know

I made one a while ago, will finish it up after my travels.

Hi Prema,

There are a little bug on P17xSMA_311_39_PM_v2.rar

On first screen I can see all disk. I have 2 SATA SSD disk (Channels 0 & 1), and empty channel (2), Blue-Ray/DVD (Channel 3), and another 2 mSATA SSD disk (on Channels 4 & 5)

But on Advanced configuration of SATA I changed from HDD to SSD Channels 0,1, 4 and ¿where is 5? There are only 5 channel, 0 to 4, so I can't modify last SSD.

If you need any screen I can take some photos so you can see this bug.

Regards

THX! It's now fixed and in the OP, ENJOY! :)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic