[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

can anyone help me with changing the bios in my clevo W230SS, i followed the tutorial on the main site but after i press f7 to get to the boot menu and select the usb drive it just goes black then back to the boot menu. any reason this would happen.

I am experiencing random reboots. THe machine is new and under warranty. I have swapped the RAM around to try to rule it out, but it is still rebooting.

I fear a problem with the energy modulation chips on the motherboard. would any BIOS settings like over/undervolting help me debug it?

My board is based on W370SS

can anyone help me with changing the bios in my clevo W230SS, i followed the tutorial on the main site but after i press f7 to get to the boot menu and select the usb drive it just goes black then back to the boot menu. any reason this would happen.

UEFI needs to be disabled in BIOS

I am experiencing random reboots. THe machine is new and under warranty. I have swapped the RAM around to try to rule it out, but it is still rebooting.

I fear a problem with the energy modulation chips on the motherboard. would any BIOS settings like over/undervolting help me debug it?

My board is based on W370SS

Run Memtest from a usb stick

If this happens under heavy load then maybe AC Adapter is too small to handle it...

UEFI needs to be disabled in BIOS

Run Memtest from a usb stick

If this happens under heavy load then maybe AC Adapter is too small to handle it...

I have already done it.

Even swapped around the memory sticks between the 2 memory slots, testing one at a time.

The memtest usually reboots during the test, but when it finishes, no errors.

I'm having trouble changing the BIOS on my machine. Whenever I try to boot from USB, the screen goes black then boots to Windows. I've tried disabling UEFI, but then I don't have an option to boot from USB. I've also tried using both MS-DOS and FreeDOS, but I get the same results with both. It's a P650SG and I'm using a 16Gb Corsair Voyager Go if that matters. Please help :|

Hi !

What is the news bios for my clevo ?

software hwinfo, here is the information I have:

P15SM-A/SM1-A

Intel Core i7-4710MQ

chipset: Intel HM87 (Lynx Point)

bios version: 4.6.5

th

i'm having trouble changing the bios on my machine. Whenever i try to boot from usb, the screen goes black then boots to windows. I've tried disabling uefi, but then i don't have an option to boot from usb. I've also tried using both ms-dos and freedos, but i get the same results with both. It's a p650sg and i'm using a 16gb corsair voyager go if that matters. Please help :|

post-1023-14495000481018_thumb.jpg

hi !

What is the news bios for my clevo ?

software hwinfo, here is the information i have:

P15sm-a/sm1-a

intel core i7-4710mq

chipset: Intel hm87 (lynx point)

bios version: 4.6.5

th

bios: 1.03.11

ec: 1.03.08

Hi Prema,I know you are superbusy.

Just wanted to know if you are still planning to release a new modded BIOS version for the P170SM model, that would allow us not to mod the .inf file.

Thank you so much for your hard work again and for allow us to use the 9xxM GTX cards on this laptop! [emoji4] [emoji106]

@ALL

I am hitting the road for some time, so please help each other!

8 new Prema Mods: ALL P1xxSM-A & P3xxSM-A, P6xxSE and P6xxSG updated as well as fresh Mod for W230SD added to the OP.

ENJOY! :)

Use with latest HotKeyApp for your system:

P1xxSM-A: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

P3xxSM-A: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

P6xxSx: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P65xSE/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

W230SD: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/W230SD/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

P.S.: BTW, all updates, besides using all the latest and greatest components, now also have full RAM SPD write support for Thaiphoon Burner Software. ;)

Like I said I tried MS-DOS. It didn't work.

You have to press F7 for the boot options, but you know that since you read the readme file...otherwise use another USB stick.

New with these BIOS is a lot, bug fixes, cpu microcodes, performance tweaks, RAM SPD writes, latest BIOS & EC base, removed RAM locks in systems that throttle fast RAM, additional BIOS options, latest Intel vBIOS - LAN - SATA/RAID, updated style, latest ME Firmware, improved stability, proper support for latest GPUs and FAN control, unlocked vBIOS with removed throttle on W230SD (now also runs all cards @ 1202Mhz and not only for the select few)...etc...

New with these BIOS is a lot, bug fixes, cpu microcodes, performance tweaks, RAM SPD writes, latest BIOS & EC base, removed RAM locks in systems that throttle fast RAM, additional BIOS options, latest Intel vBIOS - LAN - SATA/RAID, updated style, latest ME Firmware, improved stability, proper support for latest GPUs and FAN control, unlocked vBIOS with removed throttle on W230SD (now also runs all cards @ 1202Mhz and not only for the select few)...etc...

Sounds super good - I want a Clevo!

Prema,

will You also make for old model like P170SM - this updates? :)

when I try to flash last prema vbios for the 970M on my P651SE , I get:

firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (10DE.1558) does not match adapter PCI subsystem ID (1558.6555).

current - version:84.04.1f.40.27 ID:10de:13d8:10de:0000

gm204 board (normal board)

replace with - version 84.04.1f.00.f1 id:10de:13d8:10de:1558

gm204 board (normal board)

Before trying I rolled back to 344.75. In the past, I did flash the vbios with prema.

Do you think it is safe or I risk to brick it?

Thanks!

Hi Prema

I flashed my Bios with the W3xxST_32_32_PM

I have a Mecer w370ST and i want to set the Core Voltage on my Nvidia 765m, as far as i have read I have to flash my Vbios, so by flashing the bios and the vbios shouldn't i be able to set my voltage core on eg afterburner or Xprecision, because it is still locked?

Your response will be highly appreciated :D!

Kind Regards

mrfox

Prema thank you for the v2 BIOS for P6xx series :) I will install your BIOS and vBIOS as soon as I can. Have a question for you: Which nvidia driver version do you recommend? I read at several forums that the new ones are broken for several months.

@Prema

I took the risk and I can now confirm the successful installation of the vbios regardless of the id mismatch (in my specific case). I could not roll back Intel ME thou but BLCK OC was not vital for me.

:)

Hi Prema,

Small question, but on the P650SG, on each reboot, the BIOS puts all attached hard drives into a frozen state, which is quite annoying for some tuning operations (secure erase and such). I can bypass it with PartedMagic, but have found no way to bypass it in Windows.

Is there a BIOS option in the PremaBios v1 which disables this freeze-lock on reboot?

Hi guys,

is it possible to go back to ME prior to 9.1 for having back BCLK OC? I am on a p651se. I tried installing previous version but it does not work...

thanks

I asked Prema about that for my P650 and was advised against it as BCLK oc is very unstable, I just used Intel XTU and played with the multipliers and voltage

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic