[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Post the NVFLASH screen that pops that message showing all IDs....

(Just hit 'print' button the moment the message prints on screen, then 'CTLR' + 'V' to paste it into a blank 'paint' page.)

Do you mean this?

post-19956-14495000392884_thumb.jpg

Thank you!

Yeah looks like that other vBIOS is using the wrong board IDs for GTX970M...

Use the old modded NVFLASH version in that thread alongside my vBIOS and .bat files to flash the card.

Hi,

I have to W370ST. If I understand it properly I have to download the "W3xxST_33_32_Stock.rar (2.51 MB, 9 views)" one?

It seems I have to post 5 times so I cannot download it yet but to make sure I have the right one. After flashing the bios,

do I have to setup anything like RAM timing?

Thank you in advance, I am very unexperienced in this area.

@ALL P750ZM-G (g-sync model) just got official support for LG FHD screen, so you are no longer bound to use the 4K Sammy. :)

Hi,

I have to W370ST. If I understand it properly I have to download the "W3xxST_33_32_Stock.rar (2.51 MB, 9 views)" one?

It seems I have to post 5 times so I cannot download it yet but to make sure I have the right one. After flashing the bios,

do I have to setup anything like RAM timing?

Thank you in advance, I am very unexperienced in this area.

All flashing info is in a README that comes bundled with each Mod. Things like RAM Settings are optional...

Hi Prema,

Sorry to trouble you, but I think there might be something wrong with the NVFLASH packaged inside P6xxSG_33_34_PM_v1, which is the PremaMod BIOS for the Clevo P650SG. Whenever I try to use this nvflash from an MS-DOS USB stick, I get the error "This program cannot be run in DOS mode". I have the nvflsh32.sys and nvflsh64.sys in the same location as your nvflash.exe

An older version of nvflash on the same USB stick works fine, but it does not support Maxwell cards. I know that when you compile nvflash you can set it for Win GUI or DOS, perhaps the version inside this package was compiled for Win GUI? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong? The USB stick is a FAT32 MS-DOS stick made with Rufus 2.2

Would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Read the README...

Tip: 'its not for DOS'. ;)

Doh! I'm such an idiot, sorry, it was right there:

"HOW-TO: - Double click "update.bat" in Windows and follow on-screen instructions - Be Happy, Enjoy & support our project with a Donation :)"

Sorry, am so used to always using nvflash only from an MS-DOS USB. I read before somewhere though that you should never flash vBIOS from Windows though? Is it safe to do in this case because of Optimus, and the fact that the desktop is run by the Intel HD4600, so the Nvidia card is not technically "active"?

We have no choice because NVIDIA stopped publishing DOS versions...

It is absolutely safe even on non-Optimus systems as long as we make sure that the flash is successful before rebooting (the brief message at the end that asks the user to reboot).

In case the flash downs't complete properly simply repeat until it is successful before rebooting the system.

ENJOY! :)

We have no choice because NVIDIA stopped publishing DOS versions...

It is absolutely safe even on non-Optimus systems as long as we make sure that the flash is successful before rebooting (the brief message at the end that asks the user to reboot).

In case the flash downs't complete properly simply repeat until it is successful before rebooting the system.

ENJOY! :)

Great info, thanks for this!

One final question: do you know if I need to have the Nvidia drivers installed in Windows before I run the nvflash to flash the new vBios? Have just done a fresh install of Windows, have not even installed the Nvidia drivers yet, hence my question.

Hello Prema! Are you currently intending on releasing a more updated mod for P157SMA?

I have a P157SMA with i7 4700MQ and Quadro K2100M, and had flashed your BIOS.

2 Problems.

The first one is that I cannot set the CPU turbo time window(in CPU overclocking, in your modded BIOS) to a value greater than 8! This value is 28 by default!

The second one is that my machine has the dGPU indicater(beside the HDD/numlock/capslock indicators) always on. I monitored my machine with GPUZ and it said that my quadro K2100M is running at 135 Mhz (idle), instead of being switched off completely!

Why is that? Will you update this BIOS and solve these problems?post-37065-14495000452914_thumb.jpg

what is differnet with EC AND 2nd EC

if i run step1 , the computer will reboot? if yes,my computer maybe blank screen,so i would try many times to entry bios。and then i run step2 the screen will xxxx cpu xxxx

If the step1 and step2 must be continuous?

can you make a program to flash this bios without reboot this computer , because i run step1 , my computer will reboot, and then it will be blank screen , i can't run the step2

@ALL GTX9xxM user, we need some data:

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-40.html#post138438

Hi Prema. Are you currently intending on releasing a more updated mod for P377SM-A?...
Hello Prema! Are you currently intending on releasing a more updated mod for P157SMA?

YES! ;)

can you make a program to flash this bios without reboot this computer , because i run step1 , my computer will reboot, and then it will be blank screen , i can't run the step2

Try this:

link removed after test was completed

Double click step1 in Windows (the system will automatically reboot)

Run step2 in DOS

Having issue with my system, it seems to shut down every 30 minutes.

I flash my bios and it seems to fix the problem but after so many days let say 3 weeks it starts to happen again. I have to reflash my bios every time what is going on

Having issue with my system, it seems to shut down every 30 minutes.

I flash my bios and it seems to fix the problem but after so many days let say 3 weeks it starts to happen again. I have to reflash my bios every time what is going on

Run Memtest...if it throws out errors use the T2 version of the Mod.

Prema Mod Partner Shops have the new BIOS Mods since a couple weeks...next time maybe purchase from one of them...public releases are always a bit later....which is sooooooon-ish ;)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic