[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

The 'README' file says "follow on screen instructions....and NVFLASH will instruct the user on screen to disable (not uninstall) the GPU driver in device manager before proceeding with the flash.

Also no need to reboot after disabling it. Reboot only after a successful flash when you get the brief reboot request message at the end of the flash. Then only re-enable the driver after that reboot.

Also my next update will no longer require the driver to be disabled... ;)

Sorry for the silly question, bu disabling the graphics card in the P770ZM (not having the integrated one enabled) the screen will work anyway?

Thanks!

Sorry for the silly question, bu disabling the graphics card in the P770ZM (not having the integrated one enabled) the screen will work anyway?

Thanks!

It works fine. Disable it and flash. I've done it with both version 1 and 1.1 of his vbios mod on this exact machine. It will not go blind by disabling the driver in device manager...

Thanks!

Disabling the gpu in the device manager only disables the Nvidia driver, not the gpu. The gpu will still function to drive the display.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, I have tried Prema's vbios mod for the 980M and when i boot using the nvidia inspector shortcut the 'prioritize temperature' checkbox resets and becomes unchecked.

Are you even using a custom temperature? My vBIOS has a 92c hard limit if you check that box or not.

It is only required if you want to use a custom temperature in which case it will honor any temperature below until a minimum of 50c (Inspector has a bug reporting 50 as 49c).

Are you even using a custom temperature? My vBIOS has a 92c hard limit if you check that box or not.

It is only required if you want to use a custom temperature in which case it will honor any temperature below until a minimum of 50c (Inspector has a bug reporting 50 as 49c).

I set it to 90

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It didn't flash the GPU, because it was unable to detect it. Probably the system was in iGPU mode.

Disable the NVIDIA driver then flash the card again.

With the unit switched off, remove AC Adapter for 30s after the flash.

If you have done that, then make a CMOS rest.

thanks for your reply, i try to do it,but failed.:confuse:

I set it to 90

Then it'll throttle @ 90c no matter if the "prioritize temperature" is ticked or not as my vBIOS has TDP limiter disabled it'll always adhere to thermal limits.

Just set it to 60c or 70c, leave the box anticked and watch it throttle at exactly that threshold. ;)

thanks for your reply, i try to do it,but failed.:confuse:

What exactly is the problem?

Not booting at all?

Freezing?

Then it'll throttle @ 90c no matter if the "prioritize temperature" is ticked or not as my vBIOS has TDP limiter disabled it'll always adhere to thermal limits.

Just set it to 60 or 70, leave the box anticked and watch it throttle at exactly that threshold. ;)

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying.

Just set it to 60c or 70c, leave the box anticked and watch it throttle at exactly that threshold. ;)

What exactly is the problem?

Not booting at all?

Freezing?

Very seldom i can entry bios , but it's blank screen all the time

Prema,

Thanks for your work on these bios mods!:chuncky: I just flashed my year and a half old P150 SM-A (awesome computer by the way), it was easier than I thought, thanks for making it idiot proof. You have some skills and dedication. Did you learn how to do these mods from a job or did you just pick it up on your own? People like you are the people who make the world work nowadays.

Use this:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3A1BWKDa!TvwxBT2EySrycAjlV1VgILuGvDVqKluF-OGaWFS-veI

Connect AC Adapter

Use F7 to boot from DOS-USB

run step1

Use F7 to boot from DOS-USB

run step2

what is differnet with EC AND 2nd EC

if i run step1 , the computer will reboot? if yes,my computer maybe blank screen,so i would try many times to entry bios。and then i run step2 the screen will xxxx cpu xxxx

Yes, step1 will auto-reboot.

If it does not reboot you have to repeat step1 each time until you get a direct reboot afterwards in order to successfully complete step2.

If the step1 and step2 must be continuous?

Replace this file / Made it for P15xSM & P17xSM - GT980M and GT970M):

https://mega.co.nz/#!mBEHELrA!2rlVVAh170JpvhzIEkFGPIkA7TR6McPE5n463evRT4g

(Boot with driver signature enforcement disabled. )

Next Prema Mod will no longer require an .inf Mod for GTX9 cards on PxxSM (non-A) models.

Do I need this inf file for a P650SG?

Have been going back through the thread making sure I have everything in place to do some overclocking but I cant seem to increase voltages, only core and mem.

-Wastey

Do I need this inf file for a P650SG?

Have been going back through the thread making sure I have everything in place to do some overclocking but I cant seem to increase voltages, only core and mem.

-Wastey

No need for any .inf mods on your system. It'll work right out of the box.

For dgpu voltage changes simply use nvidia inspector.

No need for any .inf mods on your system. It'll work right out of the box.

For dgpu voltage changes simply use nvidia inspector.

Thanks Prema. Nice results all round and exceeding the "Gaming PC (Oculus Rift spec)" in all 3 Firestrikes even if it's only a just in the last two cases.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com (normal)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com (extreme)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com (ultra)

Overclocks are 170MHz on the core 275MHz on the memory with no increase in voltage.

My PSU brick is the limitation now and my power meter is showing 180W draw on it so I have ordered a 330w one and an adapter.

Appreciate your work :-)

-Wastey

• Thumbs Up 1

So I've got a W370ST, but it's from Pro Star. Would the Clevo BIOS work for this particular reseller model? I apologize if the answer to this question is somewhere buried in the thread.
Re-branding doesn't matter...ENJOY! :)

Thanks Prema. Nice results all round and exceeding the "Gaming PC (Oculus Rift spec)" in all 3 Firestrikes even if it's only a just in the last two cases.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com (normal)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com (extreme)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com (ultra)

Overclocks are 170MHz on the core 275MHz on the memory with no increase in voltage.

My PSU brick is the limitation now and my power meter is showing 180W draw on it so I have ordered a 330w one and an adapter.

Appreciate your work :-)

-Wastey

Excellent, looks like you've got a good chip for overclocking! Will be interesting to see how far you can go with a 330W at stock voltage (assuming the +170Mhz you have now is not the max stable - from your post sounds like you're limiting the core overclock due to the small power brick).

Hi. Just stumbled upon this Prema Mod a few days ago when i wanted to update drivers/BIOS on my re-branded Clevo w370et from 2012.

Very curious, I want to try it out, but i have some questions first. Looking/searching through this thread helps, but far from everything is clear to me yet..

1. The OV edition, is the only difference from the normal version, that the GFX card gets overvolted?

2. What is the "Intel Management Engine Firmware & Driver"? Where do i check my current version and should i update this?

3. Do i need to update the stock BIOS/EC to latest version, before installing the Prema Mod?

4. I got my current bios settings/version numbers like this:

American megatrends version 2.15.1226

BIOS version 1.02.18

EC version 1.02.09

Anti-Theft enabled

SATA mode: AHCI

OS Select: others

UEFI boot: Disabled

- Is this okay prior to flashing the Prema MOD? I'm running Win8.1 pro 64bit.

5. Are there any settings i windows i need to adjust prior to flashing?

what is different with EC AND 2nd EC

...?

EC controls keyboard, FANs etc...

EC2 controls mainly the P3 models 'lightshow'

Hi. Just stumbled upon this Prema Mod a few days ago when i wanted to update drivers/BIOS on my re-branded Clevo w370et from 2012.

Very curious, I want to try it out, but i have some questions first. Looking/searching through this thread helps, but far from everything is clear to me yet..

1. The OV edition, is the only difference from the normal version, that the GFX card gets overvolted?

2. What is the "Intel Management Engine Firmware & Driver"? Where do i check my current version and should i update this?

3. Do i need to update the stock BIOS/EC to latest version, before installing the Prema Mod?

4. I got my current bios settings/version numbers like this:

American megatrends version 2.15.1226

BIOS version 1.02.18

EC version 1.02.09

Anti-Theft enabled

SATA mode: AHCI

OS Select: others

UEFI boot: Disabled

- Is this okay prior to flashing the Prema MOD? I'm running Win8.1 pro 64bit.

5. Are there any settings i windows i need to adjust prior to flashing?

1. yes

2. ME Firmware version is shown in F2 BIOS menu main page. Firmware updates come with the Mod and also standalone in the OP.ME Driver can be downloaded from Intel

3. Not on you system. Only the P1xxEM require a minimum firmware (Info in OP).

4. If you are using it then disable anti-theft (its a subscription, so probably not really in use even though active)

Is there Prema Mod for w650sf?

nope

Hi Prema! Months ago I flashed my 970m with this bios:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/8560-nvidia-maxwell-vbios-mods-900m-series-overclocking-versions.html

Now, when I trying to flash OC1.1 version, with your *.bat file or directly in CMD, the flasher gives me "ERROR board ID mismatch". I've tryed all nvflash versions from techpowerup.com that support my card, al versions gives the same error... Options like " -4 -5 -f -u -p" gives help info about using nvlash! And using "o" option gives another ERROR: Firmware image filename must have a valid extension, and mine is "rom", downloaded from third post!

Any idea on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Hi Prema! Months ago I flashed my 970m with this bios:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/8560-nvidia-maxwell-vbios-mods-900m-series-overclocking-versions.html

Now, when I trying to flash OC1.1 version, with your *.bat file or directly in CMD, the flasher gives me "ERROR board ID mismatch". I've tryed all nvflash versions from techpowerup.com that support my card, al versions gives the same error... Options like " -4 -5 -f -u -p" gives help info about using nvlash! And using "o" option gives another ERROR: Firmware image filename must have a valid extension, and mine is "rom", downloaded from third post!

Any idea on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Post the NVFLASH screen that pops that message showing all IDs....

(Just hit 'print' button the moment the message prints on screen, then 'CTLR' + 'V' to paste it into a blank 'paint' page.)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic