[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema

I have installed V1 Prema-mod for P650SE. I am running with 16BG 2133mhtz ram. I go into Bios but apart from F3 load there doesn't seem to be anything I can tune - its very dumbed down. Do I have the right BIOS? it states "Version 2.17.1246 copyright American Megatrends" Bios revision is 1.03xxx

I can't seem to tell at the BIOS level what speed my RAM is - it just shows size not speed. Also since doing the upgrade if anything my game speeds FPS have dropped by 20 FPS. This is really odd and unexpected.

Regards

Aussie280

Clevo Laptop or p170sm enters the latest BIOS from Prema , grafikiczna card GTX 970 despite the fact that the support area is not listed ?? or will you get to the maximum gtx 780m ??

Hey Prema, Great work here!

I have a question, I am not new to bios flashing, but for the life of me can't figure out which zip files to download and flash for my P150EM. I have an i7-3940xm and 6gb 970m coming and want to ensure I have the correct version installed.

Which one of these files?

Also I am guessing I require this also? After I install the bois I should install this vBios?

Also which software do you recommend to use with flashing each?

I apologise if these are very noob questions. Been out of the bios modding game for a while.

Many thanks!

Try looking here :-> https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p170em/

If you flash either the K1 (Win key right of keyboard) or K2 ((Win key left) of keyboard) versions of bios, your memory will run at a T1 state (make machine a bit snappier) however if you get ram issues/crashing etc. Just flash the T2 version and your memory timings are returned back to stock.

Hello.

I just updated my BIOS to prema mod. It seemed to have worked until my computer got to the windows loading screen, then i receive a blue screen. I made sure that i downloaded the right BIOS, and that my current BIOS was over 1.00.03. Is there any way to fix this? Would it work if i downloaded official CLEVO BIOS on a other computer and tried to install it?

Specs

Clevo p150em

Intel Core i7-3630QM

Graphics; Intel graphics HD 4000 and radeon 7970m

If there is any more information that i crucial, please let me know.

Hello.

I just updated my BIOS to prema mod. It seemed to have worked until my computer got to the windows loading screen, then i receive a blue screen. I made sure that i downloaded the right BIOS, and that my current BIOS was over 1.00.03. Is there any way to fix this? Would it work if i downloaded official CLEVO BIOS on a other computer and tried to install it?

Specs

Clevo p150em

Intel Core i7-3630QM

Graphics; Intel graphics HD 4000 and radeon 7970m

If there is any more information that i crucial, please let me know.

How much memory are you running? Prema Mod sets the memory to run in T1, while stock may have been running you at T2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Prema, need some advice:

Installed a 980M SLI kit from Eurocom into my P370EM3. It's all running broadly fine, 2nd card running hot so playing with cooling, also just tipping the 300w PSU limits but all running fairly decent. BIOS says VGA is empty and I had to install .inf modded drivers to get things working as my hardware ID's are a bit odd (SUBSYS 03721558 - 1558 is Clevo but I don't know what model 0372 is).

I wanted to check though, does this kit come with your vBIOS installed on it? I thought it would but I don't think it does; the temp and power controls in NVInspector are locked. Oddly enough it throttles under GPU boost at 88 deg, however in inspector it's locked at 101! vBIOS is 84.04.22.00.12.

So...is it safe to use your MXM vBIOS on this setup to unlock the settings or are things still being ironed out?

I haven't got your BIOS mod installed either - would it be worth it and what benefits would I get?

Cheers!

Roy

P370EM BIOS Mod is still in alpha stage...

As for the vBIOS ask them for the latest Prema Mod Eurocom vBIOS... ;)

Hi Prema

I have installed V1 Prema-mod for P650SE. I am running with 16BG 2133mhtz ram. I go into Bios but apart from F3 load there doesn't seem to be anything I can tune - its very dumbed down. Do I have the right BIOS? it states "Version 2.17.1246 copyright American Megatrends" Bios revision is 1.03xxx

I can't seem to tell at the BIOS level what speed my RAM is - it just shows size not speed. Also since doing the upgrade if anything my game speeds FPS have dropped by 20 FPS. This is really odd and unexpected.

Regards

Aussie280

Sounds like a stock BIOS. Read the 'READM' file and flash it 'again' with the Mod.

Clevo Laptop or p170sm enters the latest BIOS from Prema , grafikiczna card GTX 970 despite the fact that the support area is not listed ?? or will you get to the maximum gtx 780m ??

GTX9 cards run just fine on P1xxSM, simply use an .inf mod for the driver.

May i know what sort of improvement/advantage applying BIOS/vBIOS mod? :joyous:

Hard to say without knowing anything about your system... :P

hmmm....the temp target keeps resetting :(

Do you use Nvidia Inspector? If not, do it..

Does anyone have any problems using all 4 ram slots?

I can use the top two or the bottom two, but not both at the same time.

That means your RAM can’t take the 1T command rate.

Simply use the 2T version of the EM Mod instead.

P570WM has problems in general with XTU has many values like TDP and Turbo Time are not properly interpreted, that's why they show endless values.

Disabling TPM Security State in Bios fixed the issue :/

Just stumbled upon these forums and am interested in updating my BIOS and vBIOS to your modded BIOS to squeeze some extra performance from my Metabox P650SG (Australian reseller).

I have updated the BIOS to V1.03.07 and the EC to V1.03.04 using a supplied package from my reseller to stabilize the Bluetooth/Killer NIC issues (I have the reseller branded BIOS too if anyone wants), and updated the Hotkey software to the latest, since this my P650SG is working as expected and stable.

My question is do I use your BIOS package P6xxSG_33_34_PM_v1 dated 3rd January 2015 and update the BIOS and vBIOS as per the instructions over the top of the reseller versions I have now? Most importantly will this effect the stability I am now seeing?

Should I be downgrading to V1.03.03PM v1 for the BIOS? Your EC version appears to be the same as what I have now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

good , i want to upgrade my hasee K360E(W230ss) ,if it can work ?and what is the version number ?

Check the F2 BIOS menu main page for motherboard info (MB Series). If it says W230SS then you can use the Mod.

Just stumbled upon these forums and am interested in updating my BIOS and vBIOS to your modded BIOS to squeeze some extra performance from my Metabox P650SG (Australian reseller).

I have updated the BIOS to V1.03.07 and the EC to V1.03.04 using a supplied package from my reseller to stabilize the Bluetooth/Killer NIC issues (I have the reseller branded BIOS too if anyone wants), and updated the Hotkey software to the latest, since this my P650SG is working as expected and stable.

My question is do I use your BIOS package P6xxSG_33_34_PM_v1 dated 3rd January 2015 and update the BIOS and vBIOS as per the instructions over the top of the reseller versions I have now? Most importantly will this effect the stability I am now seeing?

Should I be downgrading to V1.03.03PM v1 for the BIOS? Your EC version appears to be the same as what I have now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes use the PM v1 package. Simply follow the included readme files.

ENJOY! :)

@Prema: I saw that in this clevo mirror there is a new BIOS for P377SM-A. Is it worth it to flash? will you release it in your site?

That BIOS is just fixing a compatibility bug with certain large drives...

Yes use the PM v1 package. Simply follow the included readme files.

ENJOY! :)

I updated the BIOS fine, I like the boot menu btw :) and updated the vBIOS. Just a question about the vBIOS, when I ran the update.bat in Windows a DOS box flashed up very quickly then disappeared. How can I verify that the updated vBIOS is in place?

Appreciate the help.

I updated the BIOS fine, I like the boot menu btw :) and updated the vBIOS. Just a question about the vBIOS, when I ran the update.bat in Windows a DOS box flashed up very quickly then disappeared. How can I verify that the updated vBIOS is in place?

Appreciate the help.

It didn't flash the GPU, because it was unable to detect it. Probably the system was in iGPU mode.

Disable the NVIDIA driver then flash the card again.

i flash the p375SM_33_31_PM2 , now, my computer can not entry bios or black screen or down

With the unit switched off, remove AC Adapter for 30s after the flash.

If you have done that, then make a CMOS rest.

Hello all, I read in a post

"Flashed Prema vBios Mod to ensure no power throttling and capability of overvolting with Nvidia Inspector (Please make sure to uninstall Nvidia drivers before flashing vBios Mod!)"

I have a P770ZM, do I need to uninstall Nvidia drivers before flashing vBios Mod? If yes, can you explain why?

Thanks!!

It didn't flash the GPU, because it was unable to detect it. Probably the system was in iGPU mode.

Disable the NVIDIA driver then flash the card again.

Thanks again Prema.

Took me a bit to find out what you exactly meant by "Disable the NVIDIA driver" as I uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers and restarted but that didn't rectify the issue, so I did some searching around the forums and from this post I worked out that I needed to disable the GTX 980M in the device manager, flash the card with your vBIOS update.bat, reboot and re-enable the GTX 980M in the device manager.

All seems to be working, now to test some overclocking.

Just a suggestion, maybe you could put that you may need to disable the graphics card in the device manager, flash the card, reboot then re-enable the graphics card in case the device is not found with the iGPU issue, such that I had.

Have sent you a donation too via PayPal. Thanks for your work.

-Wastey RJgAJZdlsYzbjOrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hello all, I read in a post

"Flashed Prema vBios Mod to ensure no power throttling and capability of overvolting with Nvidia Inspector (Please make sure to uninstall Nvidia drivers before flashing vBios Mod!)"

I have a P770ZM, do I need to uninstall Nvidia drivers before flashing vBios Mod? If yes, can you explain why?

Thanks!!

Thanks again Prema.

Took me a bit to find out what you exactly meant by "Disable the NVIDIA driver" as I uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers and restarted but that didn't rectify the issue, so I did some searching around the forums and from this post I worked out that I needed to disable the GTX 980M in the device manager, flash the card with your vBIOS update.bat, reboot and re-enable the GTX 980M in the device manager.

All seems to be working, now to test some overclocking.

Just a suggestion, maybe you could put that you may need to disable the graphics card in the device manager, flash the card, reboot then re-enable the graphics card in case the device is not found with the iGPU issue, such that I had.

Have sent you a donation too via PayPal. Thanks for your work.

-Wastey RJgAJZdlsYzbjOrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The 'README' file says "follow on screen instructions....and NVFLASH will instruct the user on screen to disable (not uninstall) the GPU driver in device manager before proceeding with the flash.

Also no need to reboot after disabling it. Reboot only after a successful flash when you get the brief reboot request message at the end of the flash. Then only re-enable the driver after that reboot.

Also my next update will no longer require the driver to be disabled... ;)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic