[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Good morning.Hi all inforum.I have question about CLEVO P170HM.I can insert the NVIDIA GTX 7xx on this laptop.I want upgrade my old Radeon HD 6970M.I love my Clevo but this graphic card is to slow.I was looking for answers online but never found an answer to my question.Mayby for old posts werer i se who test this graphic card in own laptop.Z thank you for advance to everyone for help.Sorry for my poor writing.

As of now, GTX7/8/9 don't work on HM systems

Hi Prema

Does a Dell GTX 770M need vbios flash to work with Clevo P150EM? I read somewhere that Dell nVDIA VGA card need to be flashed with Clevo BIOS in order to work with Clevo laptop?

Dell NVIDIA cards work in Clevo, but as of now GTX7/8 cards in general don't work in EM.

PREMA, do you know why this happens? Whever I put the laptop to sleep or off power, the GPU memory can't be overclocked, have to do a restart.

Also is the stock vBIOS the one that wasn't affected by the overclock block?

Also I see MySN listed bios for P770ZM dated 05/22/15

Thanks.

Schenker releases a new bios for P304/W230SS.

It is Version 1.03.08a, but it give an error 25. Flash size error.

http://www.mysn.de/secure/userarea/download.asp?flag=getfile&file=QQXMGQQXMG_P304QQBIOSQQXMG_P304_BIOS_1.03.08a.zip

Tried it; they've changed an afudos switch, perhaps that's the cause:

azdQM.png

Funny thing is that it gave back my LAN and Card reader (they're on the same Realtek IC). These had disappeared ever since flashing to any other version than original stock.

Hi Prema,

Schenker releases a new bios for P304/W230SS.

It is Version 1.03.08a, but it give an error 25. Flash size error.

http://www.mysn.de/secure/userarea/download.asp?flag=getfile&file=QQXMGQQXMG_P304QQBIOSQQXMG_P304_BIOS_1.03.08a.zip

Can You check this and/or update your modified Version?

Thank you

That's the v8a...

The final 1.03.08 stock version is already in the OP since a while...

PREMA, do you know why this happens? Whever I put the laptop to sleep or off power, the GPU memory can't be overclocked, have to do a restart.

Also is the stock vBIOS the one that wasn't affected by the overclock block?

Also I see MySN listed bios for P770ZM dated 05/22/15

Thanks.

Maybe pull the AC Adapter once to restore power states after S3 resume (wake).

All MXM stock vBIOS versions that I have uploaded are also without clock block. Latest factory vBIOS all have it...

That v13 is also a non final test release (there where already like 10-15 different v13 revisions...)

I don't upload those as they are often 'bugged'...like the last W230SD test release had no picture on higher than FHD screens and made the dGPU disappear for good...lol.

...Funny thing is that it gave back my LAN and Card reader (they're on the same Realtek IC). These had disappeared ever since flashing to any other version than original stock.

That means your ME firmware was messed up... ;)

That v13 is also a non final test release (there where already like 10-15 different v13 revisions...)

I don't upload those as they are often 'bugged'...like the last W230SD test release had no picture on higher than FHD screens and made the dGPU disappear for good...lol.

Thanks, will wait for a final version without bugs.

Prema, I flashed my P650SG with your mod bios. I had a bugger of a time with my killer 1525 bluetooth vanishing from device manager. Looks like your ec version needs to be higher to fix the issue. I am using the EC i got from eurocom which is version 1.03.06

Also have a question is it possible to downgrade my me fw from 9.1.10.1005 so I can overclock my 4720HQ using bclk. Is that even advised? I just have really annoying electrical noise when idle and usually bumping the bclk up a notch fixes that.

Prema, I flashed my P650SG with your mod bios. I had a bugger of a time with my killer 1525 bluetooth vanishing from device manager. Looks like your ec version needs to be higher to fix the issue. I am using the EC i got from eurocom which is version 1.03.06

Also have a question is it possible to downgrade my me fw from 9.1.10.1005 so I can overclock my 4720HQ using bclk. Is that even advised? I just have really annoying electrical noise when idle and usually bumping the bclk up a notch fixes that.

Right 1525 bug was only fixed in later ECs...

I don't update Mods only to include new ECs, but we can upgrade all systems to the latest EC by using the Prema Mod stock version and (in USB-DOS) only typing "x" and confirming with "enter".

BCLK is quiet useless on Haswell (unstable even at 101Mhz) so that I didn't even include it into the ME Firmware on P6.

To get rid of coil whine it is more effective to undervolt the CPU or simply changing Power plan in HotKeyApp.

Hi@all

Please help ! If I flash from latest Clevo bios and EC to Sager Mod bios my PC shouts down after Boot up within 5 Min Somethimes earlier. If I Start a game imidiatly shoutdown.

Any Suggestion What am i doing wrong ?

Hi@all

Please help ! If I flash from latest Clevo bios and EC to Sager Mod bios my PC shouts down after Boot up within 5 Min Somethimes earlier. If I Start a game imidiatly shoutdown.

It's the power cable completely inserted? Sounds stupid, but I have done that.

Djdan said:
Hi@all

There is no fundamental difference between Sager and Clevo BIOS/EC, they are cross compatible...

But, in order to use the x7200 BIOS Mod you need to first flash the same stock version before flashing the Mod on top (this has nothing to do with any Mod available here on TI ):

Will be see newer Moded Bioses for the Clevo P670SG / P651SG / P650SG series?

PM v2 is already with Prema Mod Partner Shops, public Mod release is always later...

Any news on P377SM-A new version? BTW my Clevo should be with me before 15th of June. Died completely... A new EC didn't revive it... Went to Clevo on Taiwan for a mobo replacement. No idea wtf happened with the BIOS flash since the first time everything worked.. Oh well. Hope to hear from you soon :D

Hi Prema,

I'm interested in understanding your Premamod pack and MXM for the Clevo P650se but trolling through the forum there is no "how to do it" "follow the bouncing ball" tutorial? Am I missing sometihng? (2nd post)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic