[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Questions for Prema:

1. Can you update the bios files for the p570wm to include the FN key option so that you don't have to hold the fn key down when pressing other buttons. Toshiba computers have this option in their bios so I would like to have this option too.

2. If I make the computer do nothing when closing the lid, the screen will still go black for a second like it is about to turn off and then turn back on when the lid is down. Can you make it so that it doesn't do that? I think it is a bug in either the OS or any bios (original or not). What I want to do is be able to watch movies through hdmi to another screen while my laptop screen is closed. This can mess up programs like Fences sometimes. It can also mess things up onscreen especially if the hdmi resolution on the other screen is not the same as the laptops. All in all, if I tell the computer not to do anything when the lid is close, the screen shouldn't briefly go black like that.

heya prema,

i have your bios on my w230ss, and i have a 28" samsung display connected by hdmi, but when i turn on my laptop, the laptop lcd does not display the boot image correctly, and kinda freezes, i have to do a hard shut down, disconnect the hdmi, and then boot the laptop again

have you heard of anyone else having this problem, and if so, it there anyway of fixing it.

cheers

My BIOS setup says

BIOS Version: 1.03.04PM v2

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01

If I in the future would want to revert back to 1.03.04 stock, would I just need the files in the third post in this thread? Is there anything I need to do with my KBC/EC Firmware?

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it, its so hard to find info on this kind of stuff when you have never done it before.

Also i hate asking someone a bunch of questions but you said the internal 3D gets disabled if i went with the 900m series. Does that just mean i cant use the 3D laptop screen. The only time i really use the 3D is on my projector i have, does the 3D still work when hooked up to an external source? Either way it doesnt really matter since i dont use my laptop 3D much but just curious because you said internal only.

3D on external screen/projector should be no problem as long as the connection type allows it.

Hi First time comment. Prema Thank you for all you do and all the help you provide. I have a clevo p177sm with a gtx 770m and im upgrading to gtx 980m. I already flaashed my biod to your latest, but I was was wondering what is the latest drivers I can use? And do I have to flash vbios?

Thank you

Any driver will work and all of them require an .inf Mod. (laptopvide2go.com .inf should work just fine).

@Prema

now clevo p150sm-a have a update P15xSMA_B0311,

final final, you can unlock this with your mod?

No ETA™

Hello,

I have Clevo P150SM-A Barebone laptop,

I want to change my fan speed on HWinfo64 ,but I can't .Because, my computer not allow this.

This guy can change fan speed own laptop in this video ;

How to change fan speed my laptop ?

I can change my fan speed on hotkey program. But Hotkey has limited feature....My laptop's fan characteristic is so bad, When i use in idle , laptop works so noisy, sometimes fans are closed for 1-2 minute.

Please help me, what should i do ?

For end user FAN control is possible only via HotKeyApp and only on supported systems.

Well thank you for the link! Yea its aftermarket, had to have it replaced because i spilt something sticky on the keyboard. Its an update keyboard where they finally switched the fn over to the left (stock p157sm-a is on the right) so I would have to switch them physically. ...

Just lift them from above (upper part) and push from top to snap them back on.

Questions for Prema:

1. Can you update the bios files for the p570wm to include the FN key option so that you don't have to hold the fn key down when pressing other buttons. Toshiba computers have this option in their bios so I would like to have this option too.

2. If I make the computer do nothing when closing the lid, the screen will still go black for a second like it is about to turn off and then turn back on when the lid is down. Can you make it so that it doesn't do that? I think it is a bug in either the OS or any bios (original or not). What I want to do is be able to watch movies through hdmi to another screen while my laptop screen is closed. This can mess up programs like Fences sometimes. It can also mess things up onscreen especially if the hdmi resolution on the other screen is not the same as the laptops. All in all, if I tell the computer not to do anything when the lid is close, the screen shouldn't briefly go black like that.

1. Nope

2. LID closing action is under "Windows Power Settings" - "Advanced" tab.

heya prema,

i have your bios on my w230ss, and i have a 28" samsung display connected by hdmi, but when i turn on my laptop, the laptop lcd does not display the boot image correctly, and kinda freezes, i have to do a hard shut down, disconnect the hdmi, and then boot the laptop again

have you heard of anyone else having this problem, and if so, it there anyway of fixing it.

cheers

Did you try another cable?

My BIOS setup says

BIOS Version: 1.03.04PM v2

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01

If I in the future would want to revert back to 1.03.04 stock, would I just need the files in the third post in this thread? Is there anything I need to do with my KBC/EC Firmware?

Just use the stock version available in OP and on the blog.

Please help !

I'm can't update from Last Stock Clevo Version with Latest EC to your moded one Prema. The Problem is If i update ec this Works i restart than update the Bios it shoutsdown the PC in middle of Bios update. I was Lucky to recover bios Via Crisys Stick 3 Times. I wont stres my Luck to much. Please help me with that isue how can i solve that ?

It's a clevo x7200 from XMG with latest Clevo Ec and Bios.

Thank you Prema for your Hard Work and great support.

Kind Regards

I haven't made a x7200 BIOS Mod...but you should leave the latest EC and then only flash whatever BIOS Mod you have there.

I update my P375sm-a with the latest stock firmware

Yes this is the wrong hotkey, all the link of the 3.10.23 gave the old 3.07.18.

i try some other version 3.11.24 (for p65x) and 3.19.32 but they didn't work to.

so i can't use the backlight anymore.

Could you ask to your partner if they could contact clevo directly for that issue?

Could i downgrade the firmware to the previous version without risk if Clevo didn't provide a new hotkey?

Ok, my issue is not hotkey related, i wrote to clevo and obtain the 3.10.23 and it don't work.

I notice (a bit later) that the red light (in the back of the laptop) don't illuminate anymore, and this light are not driven by hotkey but by the bios.

I think that the new flashtool in this package (not the same than previous) has corrupted the ec2 bios.

When i try to reflash i obtain this

post-4787-14495000017747_thumb.jpg

The flash is stuck at 15 (% ?) ...

and it loop without progressing

Is there a way to force the flash of EC2 with an other flashtool ?

I had 350.12 installed with my bios modded 970M and overvolting and memory clock sliders working properly with nvidia inspector.

Launched ComboFix to search for any malware on my computer... after restart, I lost my 970M, seems that it is no present anymore. Had to reinstall the nvidia driver.

Now nvidia inspector overvolting and memory clock sliders does not work anymore :(

Moreover even after reinstalling the 970M is never used - checked on 3d mark 2013...

please help !

Hello! I´m new to this Forum.

I´ve got a Clevo P751ZM (german XMG U505). I´ve turned the backlight colour within win 8 to green colour.

Everytime the notebook is booting up, the backlight colour is blue, then, within Windows, it turns back to green.

is it anyhow possible to save the green colour also for boot-up? anyone knows, how to turn off backlight for boot-up only?

thanks for your help.

-tony

anyone got an idea? thx...

I finally managed to go back to a pseudo-normal situation by using DDU, removing nVidia and INTEL drivers, reinstalling them from scratch.

However, I cannot have 970M activated in 3D Mark 2013 and Metro 2033 Redux... it's running on HD4000 only :( Even when I forced the nvidia gpu to be activated. In Metro 2033, when I switch to windows, the Optimus notification widget says that Metro 2033 is using my dGPU BUT when in game, the GPU usage is 0.0% and FPS average is 1.5... :(

970M successfully working on Unigine Valley, Skyrim, L.A. Noire, Far Cry 3, R.U.S.E., Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD though.

Seems optimus is coing crazy ???

Any clue to resolve this situation ?

I finally found the solution !

For an unknow reason, probably upon the launch of ComboFix, I had a registry key activated that made compulsory the fact that apps must be signed to be able to use Optimus...

I had to set those entry to 0 in my registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\RequireSignedAppInit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\RequireSignedAppInit

Sometimes the second one is not present so it should be created as a DWORD.

After your mod, you must reboot.

I got those informations from this page.

hey prema, what is the max allowable memory speed for your mod bios? Tnx

Hi guys. Additional question. How am i suppose to edit the .inf. im just noob for this segment

1667Mhz, but you will have a hard time actually running that.

You can also use .inf from LaptopVideo2GO.com

@ hoani sounds you needed to fix your system after that fixing software 'fixed' it. ;)

What happened to your Superman Avathar? I'll miss him! :D

Hi, prema Clevo New 2015 model W35xSDQ motherboard is matching W-Series Bios?

??Clevo

No they use their own BIOS, don't flash one from another model.

Hey Prema!

My motive using your mod was just to acquire HDD password option. I had contacted Sager tech support for this and they sent me their newest official version, but what I wanted was not there.

Just set up P177SM_34_31_PM_v2 on P177SM but all new options are grayed out. Are there a way to enable them? Is it just a teaser or something? Thanks.

Hey Prema!

My motive using your mod was just to acquire HDD password option. I had contacted Sager tech support for this and they sent me their newest official version, but what I wanted was not there.

Just set up P177SM_34_31_PM_v2 on P177SM but all new options are grayed out. Are there a way to enable them? Is it just a teaser or something? Thanks.

Looks like you where using a BIOS password on the old version, which you didn't remove before flashing the mod.

Re-flash the old BIOS, remove BIOS password, re-flash Mod.

Any chance of modding the bios to a throw back Clevo? W150HRM/NP5165

Links to old mods are dead, someone had a gpu voltage increase mod but dead link as well

I could upload the bios files and would be greatly appreciative

Good morning.Hi all inforum.I have question about CLEVO P170HM.I can insert the NVIDIA GTX 7xx on this laptop.I want upgrade my old Radeon HD 6970M.I love my Clevo but this graphic card is to slow.I was looking for answers online but never found an answer to my question.Mayby for old posts werer i se who test this graphic card in own laptop.Z thank you for advance to everyone for help.Sorry for my poor writing.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic