[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Latest bios for P1xxSM-A (B03.11) that was hinted by prema earlier is out. Poor prema since Clevo just pumps out new bios'es for the P series right now. I do hope you will find the time to mod the **** out of the bios. All the best!

I have p157sma ,I flash the stock bios ,P15xSM-A_39_38_Stock . may I flash P15xSMA_33_35_PM_v1.rar ?

Yep.

Hi guys i have a sager 9380-s. CPU-Z says its model #P370SM3 it has a 780m in it right now. Is it able to be upgraded to a 980m or 970m? I dont see in post number #3 my model listed. Was going to buy another 780m to SLI with but i think it makes more sense to just sell the one i have and grab a 980M/970M instead. But before i go and do that i just want to make sure it can be done.

I saw this site sells them Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 980M 8GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder but my model isnt listed there either. So im kind of confused. Thanks

Flash P370SM (non 3) Mod and you can nativley use the GTX9 cards (minus internal 3D).

Latest bios for P1xxSM-A (B03.11) that was hinted by prema earlier is out. Poor prema since Clevo just pumps out new bios'es for the P series right now. I do hope you will find the time to mod the **** out of the bios. All the best!

In OP, with fancy new option to disable GPU-OC (LOL)...probably Clevo's last official P1xxSM-A BIOS as this is now EOL...

In OP, with fancy new option to disable GPU-OC (LOL)...probably Clevo's last official P1xxSM-A BIOS as this is now EOL...

Ahh so that was the meaning of "2. Add NV GPS control." in change log. I saw the new option in BIOS saying something about scaling option, thought it was for better scaling for Hi res screens... Thank you for your knowledge...

GPS = GPU Performance Scaling = option to disable GPU core slider

(with clock blocked vBIOS enabling it apparently also won't bring back OC...so yeah...useless unless someone wants to block overclocking himself:p )

Even better Sager left it disabled AND removed the option to re-enable it.

So no more GPU OC on Sager versions...

Yep.

Flash P370SM (non 3) Mod and you can nativley use the GTX9 cards (minus internal 3D).

Okay thank you for the response, ive been reading this thread for like 2 hours now trying to make sure. That mod also works if i went SLI 970/980m's to right? is the procedure the same or do i have to do a extra step? Im not 100% sure if i just want to grab one 980m or go SLI 970m's yet. Also is the 780m 120hz SLI bug fixed if i went with 970m SLI? Thank you.

Yes, no problem with GTX9, will just not show its name in BIOS, but that has no impact on functionality.

GTX780M 120Hz bug is in vBIOS not system BIOS. ;)

Is there a vBIOS mod that works for the P651S with a 3GB GTX 970m ? Can someone please link to it then? I would like to get the GPU up to about 1500MHz. The cooling should be very sufficient on this machine. Only thing that might be lacking is the PSU, so might have to undervolt the I7 4710HQ

Yes, no problem with GTX9, will just not show its name in BIOS, but that has no impact on functionality.

GTX780M 120Hz bug is in vBIOS not system BIOS. ;)

Okay thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Idk if you would know this or maybe someone else who has done the upgrade would. But can i just use the original heatsink thats already in my latop. On this page, Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 980M 8GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder it lets you select your laptop model to get a heat sink but p370sm isnt even one of the options. As far as i know the P377SM-A is the newer model of mine so is that the one i should buy. I think it just comes with a bracket. This is the first gaming laptop ive ever owned and never went about upgrading anything so i just want to make sure im getting the right one before i spend the cash.

Is there a vBIOS mod that works for the P651S with a 3GB GTX 970m ? Can someone please link to it then? I would like to get the GPU up to about 1500MHz. The cooling should be very sufficient on this machine. Only thing that might be lacking is the PSU, so might have to undervolt the I7 4710HQ

Since that's an onboard GPU the VBIOS Mod comes bundled with the BIOS Mod. ;)

Okay thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Idk if you would know this or maybe someone else who has done the upgrade would. But can i just use the original heatsink thats already in my latop. On this page, Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 980M 8GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system buil der it lets you select your laptop model to get a heat sink but p370sm isnt even one of the options. As far as i know the P377SM-A is the newer model of mine so is that the one i should buy. I think it just comes with a bracket. This is the first gaming laptop ive ever owned and never went about upgrading anything so i just want to make sure im getting the right one before i spend the cash.

You can use the same heatsink, just need to shift the thermal pads or better get some fresh ones.

Since that's an onboard GPU the VBIOS Mod comes bundled with the BIOS Mod. ;)

You can use the same heatsink, just need to shift the thermal pads or better get some fresh ones.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it, its so hard to find info on this kind of stuff when you have never done it before.

Also i hate asking someone a bunch of questions but you said the internal 3D gets disabled if i went with the 900m series. Does that just mean i cant use the 3D laptop screen. The only time i really use the 3D is on my projector i have, does the 3D still work when hooked up to an external source? Either way it doesnt really matter since i dont use my laptop 3D much but just curious because you said internal only.

Hi First time comment. Prema Thank you for all you do and all the help you provide. I have a clevo p177sm with a gtx 770m and im upgrading to gtx 980m. I already flaashed my biod to your latest, but I was was wondering what is the latest drivers I can use? And do I have to flash vbios?

Thank you

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem but seems like I can't get it sort it out..

I have istalled in my P170SM a 970M GTX with the lastest PREMAMOD, and I bought an Ultra definition TV able to reach 3840 x 2160@60hz with HDMI 2.0.

The max I can reach is 3840 x 2160@30hz because from what I understood the HDMI is soldered on the HD4600 instead of the 970M GTX, not allowing me to achieve 60hz (hate optimus at this point..).

I have tried to find online a work around for hours, and the only option for me left is to use the Displayport 1.2 this laptop has, but from what I have discovered I need an active HDMI 2.0 adapter that probably is not out yet in the market (hope will be soon..), and I am not even sure the display port is CAN help me to reach 3840 x 2160@60hz.

Now, how do I achieve this famous 3840 x 2160@60hz on my TV?? Seems like impossible so far unless I buy a TV or monitor which has a DP.

Someone has found a solution to this or tried an adapter already? I am pretty desparate..

Thanks in advance to anyone with help me with this..

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem but seems like I can't get it sort it out..

I have istalled in my P170SM a 970M GTX with the lastest PREMAMOD, and I bought an Ultra definition TV able to reach 3840 x 2160@60hz with HDMI 2.0.

The max I can reach is 3840 x 2160@30hz because from what I understood the HDMI is soldered on the HD4600 instead of the 970M GTX, not allowing me to achieve 60hz (hate optimus at this point..).

I have tried to find online a work around for hours, and the only option for me left is to use the Displayport 1.2 this laptop has, but from what I have discovered I need an active HDMI 2.0 adapter that probably is not out yet in the market (hope will be soon..), and I am not even sure the display port is CAN help me to reach 3840 x 2160@60hz.

Now, how do I achieve this famous 3840 x 2160@60hz on my TV?? Seems like impossible so far unless I buy a TV or monitor which has a DP.

Someone has found a solution to this or tried an adapter already? I am pretty desparate..

Thanks in advance to anyone with help me with this..

You've probably already considered this, but could you just run at 1080p on the TV in order to get 60Hz in the mean time?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

I just would like to thank Prema for his work allowing me to upgrade my 675MX to a 970M. You're my hero.

I bought my 970M on Aliexpress at 530$ including shipping charges and reused the thermal pads from my 675MX to get it to run.

I'm hitting 1275MHz core and 2810MHz memory with +31.3mV overvoltage, reaching 91°C in Unigine Valley.

I would like to go further so I plan to use Ultra Liquid on the GPU and k5-pro and replace the pads with K5-PRO while using copper heatsing for backplate soldered memory... still waiting for my orders to arrive.

You've probably already considered this, but could you just run at 1080p on the TV in order to get 60Hz in the mean time?

Yup, this is what I am doing right now. ;)

But the difference in quality at 3840 x 2160 its enormous... I wanted to find out how is it possible to run at 60hz, there must be a way after spending money on the 970M GTX and a brand new 4k TV.... :(

You need 4 lanes on your Display port 1.2 for 4K. Dunno if this is the case. I wonder if there are any display ports that have less than 4 lanes. And if there are, why?

In the end it is not easy. Is it still possible to return the 4K-TV(or the laptop, which would make me wonder)?

Hello! I´m new to this Forum.

I´ve got a Clevo P751ZM (german XMG U505). I´ve turned the backlight colour within win 8 to green colour.

Everytime the notebook is booting up, the backlight colour is blue, then, within Windows, it turns back to green.

is it anyhow possible to save the green colour also for boot-up? anyone knows, how to turn off backlight for boot-up only?

thanks for your help.

-tony

Mismatch is normal if your system is still on an old factory EC2 version (Clevo uses the same EC2 for P370SM-A, P375SM-A & P377SM-A).

Some board revisions where also shipped entirely without EC2 in which case it'll also get stuck there, which is also normal.

From the looks of your screenshot, there is no mismatch though...instead there is no current EC2 version...

BUT, EC2 doesn't control the Keyboard lights that's done by by EC1 along with the HotKeyApp

Is this linking to the wrong HotKeyApp (should be 3.10.23)?

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest EC needs latest HotKeyApp, so that will fix your backlight issue.

I update my P375sm-a with the latest stock firmware

Yes this is the wrong hotkey, all the link of the 3.10.23 gave the old 3.07.18.

i try some other version 3.11.24 (for p65x) and 3.19.32 but they didn't work to.

so i can't use the backlight anymore.

Could you ask to your partner if they could contact clevo directly for that issue?

Could i downgrade the firmware to the previous version without risk if Clevo didn't provide a new hotkey?

You need 4 lanes on your Display port 1.2 for 4K. Dunno if this is the case. I wonder if there are any display ports that have less than 4 lanes. And if there are, why?

In the end it is not easy. Is it still possible to return the 4K-TV(or the laptop, which would make me wonder)?

Seems after constant research that is not possible to achieve 4k@60hz on DP port without an active adapter that for now is not out in the market.

I was wondering thus..

If I keep my laptop running at 4k@30hz for movies and browsing internet and every time I'll start a game (which is set automatically to start in 1080p mode) would the resolution will be automatically changed at 1080@60hz or will be stuck at 30hz?

Is there a software who can tell you at what resolution and frequency is running the game?

Perma I could use some help regarding a new system build I just recieved from Eurocom (the x3 r2 e.g the p157sm-a).

I saw what a great resource this forum as well as NBR forum are, and I will begin the great journey to OC various systems, installing more ram, cateloging my sensors to make sure heat is good, ect, but first I need to get your bios installed. I don't have five posts to get the latests from this thread (it seems your website is not updated as much as this subthread) but I'm sure I'll get there soon.

My question was when I grabbed what I could off of your great website, and flashed the Perma bios (used usb key, followed instructions to a T in the video + readme, ect) I completely lost backlight support for my keyboard.

Now I tried just about every build of the Hotkey app (the latest 8.0.5 or whatever, and the one that actually has good UI 1.15.15) and I've been getting those from either the sager driver site for the 8258 - see here http://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php?cat=589, or the Clevo website

- http://www.clevo.com.tw/EN/E-SERVICES/download/ftpOut.asp?Lmodel=P1xxSM&ltype=9&submit=+GO+

Changing the hotkey app did not work, the only thing that reactivates the keyboard is to reflash what you have available for stock from your website.

Now I'm not sure which has the best drivers (clevo or sager), also I am running 8.1 pro x64 if that matters.

Now I'm not sure what the EC does versus the bios, or if this is a quote on quote "EC" issue, but I thought last night what I needed was the "EC" from the stock bios+ec with your bios, but I don't know.

It's interested because I did not have this issue until I replaced my keyboard after spilling beer on it in the first week. I have now, the updated keyboard (shipped out by Eurocom) with the moved FN key to the windows key (which is great except I haven't found a workaround to swap them other than to macro it, and I am too afraid to remove the key and swap those two).

Your bios, when I used it, had a function to switch those two keys but it did not work as intended.

Let me know if you need more information sir, I really don't know what I'm doing (noob to software, drivers, ect) but I eagerly await any and all responses from the community.

Cheers

So I am reverting back to stock bios + ec for the time being. Can't not have the backlight working. One question, when installing the LED cable on the keyboard, is there a right side up for the ribbon cable?

Either way flashing back to stock + 1.15.15 hotkey works for me. Any solutions, as I would love to run your bios modification!

As well I will mention that since I'm running the new keyboard with the moved fn key, is there a work-around to modify that?

Cheers, and thanks for any help!

You where trying the wrong HotKey Apps, this is the correct one for your model (P1xxSM is NOT for P1xxSM-A):

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

The EC in current P1xxSM-A Mod package is older and for the older HotKey App.

You can use the Mod BIOS with the latest EC (included in stock version ) to use the latest HotKeyApp.

After flashing the Mod simply put the only the stock files on the USB but instead of following the readme simply type "xx" and confirm with "enter" to ONLY flash the new EC.

I am not aware of different keyboards on SM-A (only EM), if the FN and Windows key don't match you could still simply switch them physically.

Well thank you for the link! Yea its aftermarket, had to have it replaced because i spilt something sticky on the keyboard. Its an update keyboard where they finally switched the fn over to the left (stock p157sm-a is on the right) so I would have to switch them physically. Does anybody know of a good guide for the removal of keys and/or those stupid white hinges that are impossible to fix once you tear them off?

Again thanks for the link, downloading the version you linked now. If it doesn't work with the stock bios (unsure) I will do the xx flash with the latest ec as I assume you linked the latest. Is there a reason everybody uses the asian servers when downloading btw?

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic