[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

The V2 has the Ram timing set at T1 which makes the machine a bit snappier . The V2 2T has the Ram timing set at T2 which is for machines that are unstable at the T1 memory timings or your trying to run memory above 1600mhz (XTU).

Best to flash the V2 and test, if you have no random crashes or other memory issues, your done. If you have issues just flash the T2.

Can't be more complete for an answer. Many thanks for your answer. I'll test and report the result as soon as I've tried it.

I have a 970m on 150em how do I insta the new 350.12 driver right now only 347.xx and 345.2 worked by changing the .inf file, but for 350.12 changing inf files only showed black screen.
...- With you latest bios, can i upgrade my notebook with a NVIDIA 970M 6GB without any problem?

Thanks a lot!!! [emoji14]layful:

You have to purchase your GTX9 cards from one of the 'Prema Mod Partner Shops' or wait for the public v3 BIOS for EM systems, which I haven't published yet because too many (including some reseller) are simply taking my work for granted.

@Prema : just made a little donation thru Paypal ;) Don't thank me for that. You're the one to be thanked and that's why I decided to donate.

@everyone : what's a little donation compared to what we get with those mods ? Don't hesitate : donate !!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I see the W350ST is not on the list, but the W3xxST is, is this safe to use as this is not specificly for my model?

Regards,

Ciryk

Same thing! ENJOY! :)

just saw in the stock BIOSes that there's a new v311 (EC still v304) for P77xZM but cannot find any changelog. Anyone knows what is new/changed/fixed ? Thanks in advance.

v11 changelog: '

Improve LCD compatibility'

Hello all,

I have just purchased a Schencker XMG U505 (Clevo P75ZM) machine with an integrated Intel HD 4600 and dedicated NV 965M. Browsing through the BIOS settings I can see no method of turning off/disabling the NV card as I do not require this card at all and would prefer to run on the integrated Intel card. I am running on Debian using a 4.x.x kernel. It would seem the Intel card is turned off by the BIOS as lspci and lshw in Linux shows only the NV card ergo no trace of the Intel card. I also do not want to run the bumblebee hack as a workaround here.

Is there a (BIOS) mod for this or would anyone have an idea / any pointers.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Regards,

Propodopolus

Hey together!

I have a P15xsm-a and just want to disable the integrated graphics card. Do I have to upgrade my BIOS to access these settings? I am a litte bit afraid to brick my laptop. Is it really true that there is no official source for Clevo BIOS updates?

Added the Premo BIOS to my new Eurocom X8 based on the P377SM-A. I have to admit, my bum was twitching but the instructions were superbly clear. Thanks Prema. If I build up enough courage then I'll flash my Gcards

Is there a way to remove speedstepping to force a constant frequency on the 4940MX? Is it simply to disable speedstepping? :)

Hello all,

I have just purchased a Schencker XMG U505 (Clevo P75ZM) machine with an integrated Intel HD 4600 and dedicated NV 965M. Browsing through the BIOS settings I can see no method of turning off/disabling the NV card as I do not require this card at all and would prefer to run on the integrated Intel card. I am running on Debian using a 4.x.x kernel. It would seem the Intel card is turned off by the BIOS as lspci and lshw in Linux shows only the NV card ergo no trace of the Intel card. I also do not want to run the bumblebee hack as a workaround here.

Is there a (BIOS) mod for this or would anyone have an idea / any pointers.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Regards,

Propodopolus

The iGPU is not connected or used at all on this model. This is a hardware not BIOS or OS limitation.

Hey together!

I have a P15xsm-a and just want to disable the integrated graphics card. Do I have to upgrade my BIOS to access these settings? I am a litte bit afraid to brick my laptop. Is it really true that there is no official source for Clevo BIOS updates?

On this model all video traffic is routed through the iGPU. If we would disable it there would be no picture at all even from the dGPU.

Added the Premo BIOS to my new Eurocom X8 based on the P377SM-A. I have to admit, my bum was twitching but the instructions were superbly clear. Thanks Prema. If I build up enough courage then I'll flash my Gcards

Is there a way to remove speedstepping to force a constant frequency on the 4940MX? Is it simply to disable speedstepping? :)

Not sure, you may want to ask someone with that type of system.

You may need to play with c-states as disabling speed step only disables the "Enhanced" part" and the card will still switch power states.

Appreciate the prompt reply.

The Schencker XMG U505 (Clevo P75ZM) is configured with an i7-4790T CPU which has an integrated Intel HD 4600 onboard. Surely there must be some way to activate the Intel card?

Any pointers appreciated.

Regards,

Propodopolus

On this model all video traffic is routed through the iGPU. If we would disable it there would be no picture at all even from the dGPU.

Thanks for your answer ;)

But why is ALL traffic routed through the iGPU? Isn´t this slowing down everything? Is there any way to avoid using the iGPU as much as possible? Or would a custom BIOS from this thread help me in any way?

The Schencker XMG U505 (Clevo P75ZM) is configured with an i7-4790T CPU which has an integrated Intel HD 4600 onboard. Surely there must be some way to activate the Intel card?

Regards,

Propodopolus

Regards,

Propodopolus

As I said, the iGPU hardware is not connected to anything.

emmm,Is that sma bios work well on sm series???

i have a P177sm with 970m but it is hard to install a nvidia driver on it

me : 9.0.31.1487

bios: 1.03.04pm v2

ec:1.03.01

No, it'll cause too many problems since they use a different Embedded Controller hardware among other hardware changes like Audio DSP...etc.

Thanks for your answer ;)

But why is ALL traffic routed through the iGPU? Isn´t this slowing down everything? Is there any way to avoid using the iGPU as much as possible? Or would a custom BIOS from this thread help me in any way?

Because it is that way on all Optimus systems which use a fully muxed hardware setup.

Now I am confused. If you run doze, you can switch between the dedicated (NV) card and the integrated (Intel) card with my setup - XMG U505 / Clevo P75ZM. Why should it be any different in Linux?

Regards,

Propodopolus

Whatever it is telling you its bogus...this system can not output through the iGPU only the NVIDIA card.

It simply has no Optimus:

http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=747&lang=en

I will have to do more research. I would prefer to remove the NV card altogether. I must see what can be done in Linux.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Propodopolus

You will need to purchase another model.

Service Manuals are available right here or on my blog which will show you in detail that video output is physically not connected from the iGPU...don't waste your time.

Switch the system with the poster above who wants only dGPU active. ;)

Unfortunately i have to tell you: you did not inform yourself correctly before buying and you do not read what he is saying. :)

The iGPU does not work, Optimus is not possible in the P7xxZM. And its very good this way.

For Optimus support all the pictures have to go through the iGPU (i=integrated), even if the dGPU(d=dedicated) is used.

This is not the case within this laptop. Advantage: You can connect up to 3 additional displays.

*edit: 5 mins too late... :)

In the P650SG/NP8652 Prema Mod BIOS is there a way to adjust CPU core and cache voltages? I'm looking for a way to undervolt both as my CPU is running very hot.

On P6 you will have to use Intel XTU for voltage adjustments, but using the Mod will give you more options in XTU to do so. ;)

In a word. No.

More detailed answer - if you can get the heat under control, you can raise the TDP and current limits until they don't throttle anymore. Realistically, that's not possible without serious hard mods of the machine and liquid ultra. If you set your TDP to 90W and give it 150A, most 4940MX chips with do between 4.1GHz and 4.2GHz on stock voltage, however, they will run into the 90s and be at risk of throttling due to thermals at 95C. Liquid ultra can help but only so much and some loads will still blow past that 90W limit which will cause it to throttle and if you're going to raise the TDP that high, you might want to consider a second PSU and the converter box to run 660W to it, especially true if you plan to overclock the graphics card at all.

What I found is that setting my chip to 80W TDP and 4.1GHz with 150A current limit will result in me averaging 3.9GHz under heavy load (the stock behavior of my particular CPU is to fall down to 3.4Ghz with a heavy load) and between 4 and 4.1GHz with gaming. This required liquid ultra and resulted in average load temps of 89C.

Right now I'm just running it stock with an 85mv undervolt for 3.6GHz under load... Liquid ultra is a pain in the ass and not worth the risk to my machine. Basically, the 4940MX is a huge waste of cash in the SM-A. The only machine that seems to be able to handle them properly was the Alienware 18.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic