[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hey Prema, just installed your v2 mod for my P150EM after the heat became too much(throttling). It flashed alright, but when I booted back into windows, it says the AMD driver is not present or not working, so it seems my 7970m isn't working atm. Any idea how I should proceed here?

heya,

i have a w230ss with the prema mod bios, is there anyway of just turning off the 860m all together?

cheers

Yes its in the Mod under "Chipset > "dGPU Configuration"

is there any vbios for k5100m, im currently using gtx870m on msi gt60-2pc laptop

Send me your K51M vB and I can take a look...

Hi Prema, great work!

have you any new Bios Mods for the P370EM Model?

Its in beta testing...if you have a GTX9 card and P370EM you can PM, me.

Hey Prema, just installed your v2 mod for my P150EM after the heat became too much(throttling). It flashed alright, but when I booted back into windows, it says the AMD driver is not present or not working, so it seems my 7970m isn't working atm. Any idea how I should proceed here?

Re-install the GPU driver...

Yes its in the Mod under "Chipset > "dGPU Configuration"

Send me your K51M vB and I can take a look...

Its in beta testing...if you have a GTX9 card and P370EM you can PM, me.

Re-install the GPU driver...

thank you for replying, I am glad that i found a modded nv driver which made me can install k5100m driver successfully, i forgot to do it without signature before so it failed. Anyway i can use K5100M driver now without using modded vbios :D, but i got another problem, my laptop seems only can run 1333mhz when i put 3*1600 ddr3 DRAM into my laptop ( i tried only put 2 DRAM in it and it works normally, with 1600mhz speed.) so I would like to have a modded bios to let me use full speed of DRAM, like xmp profile function etc.. i have put the bios which im using now, it was downloaded from MSI official website for GT 60 2PC, however after i flashed the bios, seems detected me as GT60-2OC/OD now, i couldn't even use the steelseries engine driver for macro now. hope u can help me :x

That's a GTX870M vBIOS, not a K5100M...

A K5100M is an 8GB GTX880M not a 3GB GTX870M...what vBIOS version is on your card (check and dump with GPU-Z)

Hello, sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this, but does anyone have any news about the "new" Clevo W230SD Prema BIOS? Is the W230SS bios compatible with the newer W230SD model? I ask this because I'm thinking about buying this notebook and the W230SS model is unavailable in my region, but I wanted the Prema BIOS extra features so much that it may be a deal breaker. Any information is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey Prema, question on overclocking a P650SE. I had the vBIOS lock on my 970M, installed your vBIOS, but wasn't able to see the clock speeds with MSI Afterburner still. Installed your BIOS mod the other day, but am still unable to see clock speeds. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe an .inf that I missed or something? I'm running 347.88 by the way; installing 344 did not help.

Hey Prema, question on overclocking a P650SE. I had the vBIOS lock on my 970M, installed your vBIOS, but wasn't able to see the clock speeds with MSI Afterburner still. Installed your BIOS mod the other day, but am still unable to see clock speeds. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe an .inf that I missed or something? I'm running 347.88 by the way; installing 344 did not help.

Use EVGA Precision or NVIDIA Inspector. ;)

Is this a problem due to the p650SE? Just want to say that OC of the 970M works with MSI Afterburner without problems on the P771ZM.

BUT if you want to increase voltage too, you have to change to nvidia inspector. Have to test EVGA precision for voltage increase, too. Maybe it is the all-in-one solution, because nVidia inspector does not have profiles to easily switch between clock speeds.

Works with EVGA Precision X! Funny how Afterburner can't see the clocks, I always acknowledged them both as basically the same program under different skins. Anyhow, looking forward to push this guy slowly over the next few weeks :) Thanks man for your work!

Guys, I have just purchased an NP8672 Sager and have flashed the correct Prema bios. However, I did not check my webcam to see if it was working before I flashed the bios. I have done EVERYTHING software related and do not want to send the system back for what might be a faulty camera. I got it from Xotic and, of course, do not want to have to go back to my stock bios.

With all of that being said, my question is if there is a setting in the bios that might be interfering with the chicony/bison webcam that I can change? I have almost no knowledge of what 90% of the bios settings do anyway, but have heard such good things about Prema squeezing the most out of systems, that I did it without first checking the camera.

Is there anything that might come to mind?

@Kommando: u can easily make profiles to switch between settings in nvidia inspector.....been using it ever since i got my machine :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have to revise my previous statements: You are right, it really does. I looked so hard for "profiles", that i missed "create shortcuts".

• Thumbs Up 1

There is no problem with webcam, but you can flash stock BIOS at any time...

Make sure to have the latest Clevo HotKeyApp and webcam driver installed and that it is actually enabled in HotKeyApp.'

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P65xSE/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

I'll reinstall hotkey again, but it seems to be working as far as it's telling me it's on or off. When I turn it on, is when I get a USB error. There is no imaging section in my device manager.

On an unrelated question, I have looked everywhere I could to find the meanings of each one of your custom bios settings. Is there a place that I can read about them that I am just missing? Also, is the setting for "optimal settings" the tweaked version of your bios? I'm just trying to learn and again, thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, the hotkey reinstall didn't work and the xotic pc "technicians" that are supposed to give me an answer withing 1-2days, simply wrote me an email two days later saying "try fn+f10" when I had told the technician on duty had already explained that I had done everything that I listed earlier. I'm very unhappy right now with them and am about to send this thing back even though I had waited for it since 3/6/15. With modifications. it is a $3,600 laptop.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic