[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

PREMA, what is your opinion on ram? 1600 CL9, 1866 CL10 or 2133 CL11.

If you care about memory performance find some old M471B5273DH0 sticks. You can expect CL9 2133 or CL11 2400, maybe even CL10 2400.

These sticks have a measly 1600Mhz or 1333 MHz stock clock, but they overclock the best of any memory ever made for laptops. In the part number the CK0 or CH9 at the end does not matter, but the part number must have DH0, not CH0.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you care about memory performance find some old M471B5273DH0 sticks. You can expect CL9 2133 or CL11 2400, maybe even CL10 2400.

These sticks have a measly 1600Mhz or 1333 MHz stock clock, but they overclock the best of any memory ever made for laptops. In the part number the CK0 or CH9 at the end does not matter, but the part number must have DH0, not CH0.

Too bad those are 4GB but they are quite cheap for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How do you overclock them on a Clevo?

Eh didn't want that. I want something that is fast all the time, since I dual boot Linux. Not interested in Windows only OC software. Hence why I have a 4790K that is always 4 ghz or faster.

The settings stick. I believe the Intel Management Engine that is hooked into the BIOS is responsible for saving that info.

well in that case theres no way around premamod :rolleyes:

intel xtu actually changes the settings in the system bios, but not sure if it would stick in linux as well. could be worth a try!

Sticks in Linux just fine. At least CPU overclocking does. I would assume memory would as well. I haven't tried to overclock my memory because I don't want to have to pull my CMOS battery if I push the settings too far. Last time I had to pull that I broke the clip and the pins came out, took me about 10 minutes to push the pins back in.

• Thumbs Up 1

thats the good thing about intel xtu though: if u set unstable settings, then everything reverts back to default at the next reboot :) thats also why i prefer using xtu as compared to direct bios setting...

Are you sure that is the case for memory? On every machine I've ever owned, if I pushed the memory too far the machine wouldn't POST for the watch dog to reset the settings. Otherwise I would have tried to tweak my Wintec memory I have right now.

i just finished a one week tweaking marathon with my corsair vengeance sticks, you have NO idea how many times i had to reboot due to system crashes *lol* didnt take out the cmos battery even once :)

Good to know. I doubt these sticks will even do 1866 though so it's probably not worth it. I want the Ripjaws kit but can't stomach 300 bucks for memory.

You might get a little out of it, but not as much as with Samsung sticks.

those samsung sticks are indeed insane! and so friggin cheap, already have a bad conscience when seeing all those unknowing sellers out there selling those sticks for dirt cheap just cuz theyre used *lol* just too bad they only come in 4GB flavour...

If the Ballistix OC to 2133 CL10, I'll be very happy with that. Just looking for something to make it worthwhile to upgrade over 1600 CL9. My current ram is 1866 10-10-10-28

Keep in mind that how high you can clock your RAM depends on your CPU's IMC.

When I switched my systems motherboard from W230ST to W230SS, while keeping same CPU and RAM (Sammy HK0), I lost my RAMs OCabillty.

The old board did 2400Mhz@CL10 while the new one doesn't even like it @ CL12. :(

Thank You.

Yeah, there is is a little bit of throttling in the stock run, but nothing major like on other sysytems.

Guess the temps you are seeing are in-game numbers and that is where the card now remains at Full Turbo for longer with the Mod...

1. Keep your current vBIOS Mod

2. ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

3. The proper ME is included in the v2 Mod BIOS (fixed the second link, THX!) :)

Prema so this is a VBIOS thing? There is nothing to do with the card being throttled? Is it fault of one of VBIOS settings?

Hi!

My notebook Clevo W170ER with i7-3630qm CPU

Could anyone tell me if it would be usefull to update RAM from current PC-12800 to PC3-14900/15000 with Prema BIOS Mod? Will it work?

Thanks

Yes you can set that with the mod.

Prema so this is a VBIOS thing? There is nothing to do with the card being throttled? Is it fault of one of VBIOS settings?

Looks like your stock MSI vBIOS is undervolted compared to the nVIDIA MXM default voltages.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic