[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

premamod.com or biosmods.wordpress.com not working as passwords.......

And ideas?

Is this something Prema sent you directly through email? Because those he usually gives a different password to use.

@Prema I'm running those tests you asked for regarding stock and modded temperatures right now. I'm graphing results in GPU-Z and I'm using Watch Dogs downsampled from 1440p totally maxed out to do the test and I'll post everything when I reflash the mod now and do another 15 minute run. :)

Is this something Prema sent you directly through email?

No, just bios files from Prema's site.

When I try to extract it just says "wrong password?" after each step. The files appear where I want, but they all show 0KB size. If I try to look at something in the zip file it's the same problem. I get "wrong password?" and nothing opens.

I even copy pasted the passwords to double check in case one of my keys was sticking or something. So I definitely entered them right.

There doesn't seem to be a large difference between the 1B stock and F1 mod, about 3 degrees.

Stock:

16005635854_d28405ea32_o.png

Mod:

16627809055_60322333d6_o.png

I will say that the mod *seems* smoother... despite neither of them ever throttling. Max temp with the mod was 76C/72C, max temp with the stock was 73C/72C. Max fans the entire time obviously to ensure accuracy.

I'm now going to throw Bioshock Infinite at it and see if it burns like my 880Ms did. I'm also amazed that Watch Dogs runs on these cards so well as I did a FRAPS run with the stock and its minimum framerate was 22 with an average of 39 FPS. Not bad for a 1440p downscale.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Ethrem the P3xxSM-A isn't affected by throttle anyway. ;)

No but the question you had asked waa to see data comparing a stock vbios temps vs your mod so I went ahead and did it for you.

And as expected, Bioshock is burning the cards fast. Already up to 82C on one card. Setting vsync wouldn't do anything to improve the situation as at 1440p, its running 110 FPS.

Also it's nice Clevo finally gave us fan control... But max fans is still only 80%? To think these fans are actually capable of more output lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

@JB I think he means that his old vBIOS was cool and the Mod runs hotter.

@marcelo1994

Just flash your old vBIOS. Make a 3DMark run and while doing that record a log file with GPU-Z.

Flash the Mod vBIOS and do the same.

Post 3DMark results as well as the log files here.

Prema here are the results:

Prema VBIOS

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1781

GPU-Z Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/clhe2sqopvxsw86/GPU-Z%20Sensor%20LogVBIOS.txt?dl=0

Stock VBIOS

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1781

GPU-Z Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvg7a4gwwsz4bz6/GPU-Z%20Sensor%20Log.txt?dl=0

Prema,

I have a Santech G37 (it is a P370SM3) with two GTX780M in SLI, that I already updated when bought with your v1 BIOS and svl7's vbios.

I saw that you released v2 of your BIOS for P370SM3 and some vbioses, but I don't see a version for GTX780M.

Questions:

1. Which vbios should I use? Should I keep using svl7's version?

2. Which hotkey should I use? The old 8.x series or the new 3.x series?

3. Regarding ME, which version should I use? 9.0 or 9.1?

Last thing for you: on your website, on the p370smx page (https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p370smx/) the second mirror link to v2 premabios for P370SM3 points to v1 bios.

Thanks a lot for your work. :)

Thank You.

Yeah, there is is a little bit of throttling in the stock run, but nothing major like on other sysytems.

Guess the temps you are seeing are in-game numbers and that is where the card now remains at Full Turbo for longer with the Mod...

Prema,

I have a Santech G37 (it is a P370SM3) with two GTX780M in SLI, that I already updated when bought with your v1 BIOS and svl7's vbios.

I saw that you released v2 of your BIOS for P370SM3 and some vbioses, but I don't see a version for GTX780M.

Questions:

1. Which vbios should I use? Should I keep using svl7's version?

2. Which hotkey should I use? The old 8.x series or the new 3.x series?

3. Regarding ME, which version should I use? 9.0 or 9.1?

Last thing for you: on your website, on the p370smx page (https://biosmods.wordpress.com/p370smx/) the second mirror link to v2 premabios for P370SM3 points to v1 bios.

Thanks a lot for your work. :)

1. Keep your current vBIOS Mod

2. ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

3. The proper ME is included in the v2 Mod BIOS (fixed the second link, THX!) :)

Hi Prema,

Can you shed some light as to how the hotkey app works? I replaced the LCD screen with the one from the Acer Nitro/MSI GT72/Lenovo Y70. It's an IPS panel with the ability to overclock 100hz and to have the gsync enabled by the leaked Asus driver. Unfortunately I have lost the ability to run the Hotkey app which will crash and logs an error, the Fn + F8/F9 keys do nothing and the brightness controls have disappeared from the windows power settings. Other hotkeys like mute/volume control/camera etc still work.

Application: ControlCenter.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

Stack:

at ControlCenter.MainWindow.GetBrightness()

at ControlCenter.MainWindow.UpdateBrightness()

at ControlCenter.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)

at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object)

at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32)

at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at ControlCenter.App.Main()

It was all working prior to switching the panels. Is the Clevo hotkey app hardcoded to only work with whitelisted LCD panels? Any possible solution?

HotKeyApp is interfacing with the EC controller.

Try to freshly install a non modded mobile NVIDIA driver and re-install latest HotKeyApp. for your system:

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Tried that with lastest 347.52 and the hotkey app you linked, no crashes nut again no brightness control in windows power or the Fn+F8/F9 keys. The hotkey app runs and shows the brightness control but it changes nothing. I also tried using the windows default driver for the graphics card. This enables the Fn+F8/F9 but it doesn't actually change the brightness.

Another thing is the default resolutions and refresh rates look messed up for the display making it seem out of phase, lot sof horizontal lines etc. I had to customize my own in nvidia control panel to fix it.

Dang,\guess we are out of luck on getting the only 17.3" IPS panels to work with our Clevos. It was looking so good as well, 100hz and gsync! On the resolutions and refresh rates, it was all working in the bios and pre boot of windows. Only once windows booted up at the logon prompt does it get messed up. Had that fixed but no brightness control is a definite no no unless Clevo adds it in a later EC bios.

Prema, can I use a newer version of the EC bios 3_07 with the modded np377sm bios? Do I just flash the EC 3_07 bios then reboot etc?

Yes you can just update to the EC from the stock BIOS/EC package by hitting "x" and confirming with "enter".

Hello everyone!

It is a pleasure to have Prema! Thanks to our pc's are not far behind.

Prema thank you very much for your work and answer questions.

I have a question!

I have a pc clevo p170sm, prema bios mod v2 and hope nvidia gtx 970m.

I have the downloaded driver and the modified inf file.

I will do a new installation of Windows and with the new nvidia.

Nvidia to work on my computer, I need mandatory to install windows on UEFI (gpt) or the card will also work on legacy (mbr)?

Thank you for your help

Cristianroso7

Hello everyone!

It is a pleasure to have Prema! Thanks to our pc's are not far behind.

Prema thank you very much for your work and answer questions.

I have a question!

I have a pc clevo p170sm, prema bios mod v2 and hope nvidia gtx 970m.

I have the downloaded driver and the modified inf file.

I will do a new installation of Windows and with the new nvidia.

Nvidia to work on my computer, I need mandatory to install windows on UEFI (gpt) or the card will also work on legacy (mbr)?

Thank you for your help

Cristianroso7

Doesn't matter how Windows is installed, just uninstall the old driver properly before the update.

Legacy and UEFI are both fine.

Not complaining, but are the P770ZM BIOS mod in the works?

Thanks

;)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic