[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

after my vbios flash last week, yesterday was the first day where i had time to game a longer time on the P505.... but it wasnt a very happy time. :(

I have strange/hard Freezes/ FPS Drops while gaming. graphics freeze and sound stops for 1 second. This happens every 3-5 minutes.

Bios Update to 1.03.05 is flashed...same problem.

With and without OC....same problem

drifferent graphic driver...same problem

anyone has the same behavier with his book?

sounds like it might not be related to either vbios/bios or gpu. have u monitored ur cpu behaviour? if thats fine then it might also be either ur hard drive or ram misbehaving...

You have to be wrong dude.. and as i said before i get 9.2k with stock and 8.4k with your modded vb even using the same frequencies (+135gpu +200mem) from 3dmark which shows your vbios is not perfectly suits msi gt72..its better you should check again the vbios i sent

You are comparing stock to mod, not stock to stock, if you would do that you would see no difference as the base isn't the problem.

It's MSI's system BIOS/EC that's the problem, just changing vBIOS base won't help I am afraid...instead it needs to be done entirely different, if it can be done from vBIOS side at all...and I don't have time to do that or work on any AW or MSI system BIOS Mods...sorry guys.

You have to be wrong dude.. and as i said before i get 9.2k with stock and 8.4k with your modded vb even using the same frequencies (+135gpu +200mem) from 3dmark which shows your vbios is not perfectly suits msi gt72..its better you should check again the vbios i sent

Hmm... I will also give that a try... But please be aware that we are now in PREMAS thread and your OP was in SLV7s thread...

I can't seen any issues with premas bios and my GT72 right now (besides what I talked about with Prema before and leeched time... thank you very much again for taking your time Prema... That's highly appreciated...)

i looked at your 3dmark score and saw smthing interesting your overall score is very close to me mine is 10197 overall but your graphics score 12373 but mine 13083..?

your other score is better than me so you get 10169 even we have the same cpu i7 4720hq

my values are 1365mhz gpu 6000mhz mem 1.1volt(+100mV) causes to make max 76C, even in watch dogs i reached 83C then with cooler boost reduced back to 72C no problem..

and your +50mV is not enough to feed to gpu in real time test just like playing games and you get crash or freeze with your values, dont trust 3dmark

You might be right but my experience is that with -10, -20 Mhz adjustments I'm typically able to stabilize it from 3Dmark stable to game stable.

However in respect of the variations of our 3D mark scores: I'm using a modded ec firmware. I modded it in a way that the fans are kicking in later and less violently to get an overall more silent system.

The drawback is that this way my card stabilizes at about 80-85 degrees wheras the stock ec firmware is stabilizing the GPU in the 70-75 degree range... More heat -> more power needed -> slightly lower result... That might be one reason. I also do not know why my overall score is better when the grphical score is worse - I do not know if the sdds are making a difference (using a 2xSDDs in RAID0) or mabye because I'm using less power for the GPU (only +50mV vs your + 100mV) I've more power left for the CPU before the throttling by the EC controller starts ?

Sorry, but when in the readme it talks about power supply unit it means standard Ac Adapter?

thanks

Yes Sir! :)

@ALL

Prema Mod for P570WM3 (3D) updated to v5 and now in the OP! :)

I will be traveling for the next 2-3 weeks!

So please help each other and maybe through a couple coffee my way to keep me going... ;)

And as always

ENJOY! :)

The new version of Hotkey (3.08.20) supports custom fan speed and set up keyboard shortcuts, but you want to use a fan to adjust BIOS version must B0309, I try to separate the brush into the 0309 version of the EC but still valid, hoping to update the BIOS version MOD to 0309, thank you!I do not like the official BIOS

I'm using a modded ec firmware. I modded it in a way that the fans are kicking in later and less violently to get an overall more silent system.

The drawback is that this way my card stabilizes at about 80-85 degrees wheras the stock ec firmware is stabilizing the GPU in the 70-75 degree range... More heat -> more power needed -> slightly lower result...

a modded ec firmware for gt72 ? where did you find it ? and we have the same model with same specs..

anyway there is bios update for gt72 ==> MSI Global - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Motherboard, Graphics and more

says that : Modify ME VSCC table support BIOS ROM:GD25B64B we need to update with this thing or ?

btw im planning to activate super raid 3 but do i need to buy one more 128gb ssd to do that or 2 ? i have 2 pieces of 128GB Kingston SSD on my rig right now

and did you overclock the cpu i7 4720hq? i did with xtu +200mhz but cant see a worthy improve

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have time to do that or work on any AW or MSI system BIOS Mods...sorry guys.

so thats true we have to cooperate for making a custom vbios together, BigKid...! i dont know using hex editor btw :(

a modded ec firmware for gt72 ? where did you find it ? and we have the same model with same specs..

anyway there is bios update for gt72 ==> MSI Global - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Motherboard, Graphics and more

says that : Modify ME VSCC table support BIOS ROM:GD25B64B we need to update with this thing or ?

btw im planning to activate super raid 3 but do i need to buy one more 128gb ssd to do that or 2 ? i have 2 pieces of 128GB Kingston SSD on my rig right now

and did you overclock the cpu i7 4720hq? i did with xtu +200mhz but cant see a worthy improve

- - - Updated - - -

so thats true we have to cooperate for making a custom vbios together, BigKid...! i dont know using hex editor btw :(

I will answer your questions about EC firmware modding and Raid in a PM - do not wan't to go Off Topic...

• Thumbs Up 1

hi again! I have flashed the bios correctly, but when i try to flash the vbios the result is "no nvidia display adapters found" and the window shut down. i have the p650se and obviously the gtx 970m 3gb. Where i am wrong?

Either disable NVIDIA driver or run GPU-Z in order to activate the card, otherwise the Intel GPU will be the only one activated and NVFLASH can't find it.

Uh oh... are they preventing it "on purpose" ?

Of course.

@Prema

Hi, i want have one info, i see nowday that my firmware mei is 9.1.0.1120!!!!!!!!! Damn this !!!! when you realized a latest mod of clevo p150sm-a you can put old versione of mei 9.0.x.xxxx? thats for this why not have full control of xtu? i do upgrade a v9.1.25.1005?

Yes you can downgrade the ME by flashing the Mod.

Of course.

That's bad news... So they days of modding and occing on laptops might be coming to an end.

Nvidia inspector is able to detect a modded bios and so would be nvidia. So for some time we might still be able use a modded bios but I assume that days will also end in the nearer future :( .

I think this is the reason why NVidia disabled the oc features in mobile drivers especially for 9xxm cards

Check whether your card can use all of its VRAM

@Rhadamantis..

I'll check where I put it.

Honestly - the gtx980m seems to be quiet a beast. I have a second ac adapter from dell I use for travelling because its smaller - its rated 240 watt - it has repeatedly shut istelf off during benchmark runs with +250 Mhz Core and +50mV today. This is telling me that this ac adapter is either defective or we should actually be careful. The GPU might be able to take this much power and it is kept cool by the heatsink - but remember that the power needs to run through traces that have been designed for less power. There certainly are tollerances but I'm left wondering how much more power an unlocked, overvolted and overclocked gtx980m is actually sucking compared to a stock one... I will need to find my power meter...

Very niche Work Mr. Prema,

Prema Mod BIOS

P370SM-A_32_33_PM_v1.rar

is this a optimized bios with Cpu options, Fans and other detailed options

Latest Stock Clevo BIOS & EC!

P375SM_33_31_Stock.rar

is this a normal Bios from Clevo with minimum Option , without CPU options, fans/Power options

If you have a screen shot or a differences between two Bios , i would be very thankful for you

My Model is : P370SM-A

thanks in advance

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic