[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Im using the latest Hotkey which is Hotkey W81 8.0150 is there any newer version or even new app made by clevo that can replace this crap app?

That was the last HotKey for SM models, try un-installing and re-installing and re-flashing the EC.

Thanks Prema! :D

New Bios for 150SM-A is out. Bios 09 and EC 08, it works well with the new Hotkey 3.08.20, that Clevo just released for the P150SM-A.

Did they update anything in the new Hotkey app? :D

Btw, is there anywhere I can get hold of the latest BIOS and EC for the P150SM-A?

Latest stock BIOS/EC are in the OP!

Latest Hotkey for P1-SMA: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest Hotkey for P3-SMA: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest HotKey for P6-Sx: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P65xSE/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest HotKey for P7-ZM: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P770ZM/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

I take it that this Flexikey app wont work on my P150sm

And i have tried to reinstall the app and even reinstalled windows, and still shows wrong color and cant be turned off :(

the only thing i havent done so far is reflashing, i guess its worth a try.

Latest stock BIOS/EC are in the OP!

Latest Hotkey for P1-SMA: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest Hotkey for P3-SMA: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P37xSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest HotKey for P6-Sx: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P65xSE/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Latest HotKey for P7-ZM: ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P770ZM/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Does this update work on the P170SM?

Thank you very much Prema.

I take it that this Flexikey app wont work on my P150sm

And i have tried to reinstall the app and even reinstalled windows, and still shows wrong color and cant be turned off :(

the only thing i havent done so far is reflashing, i guess its worth a try.

Does this update work on the P170SM?

Thank you very much Prema.

It may partially work or not at all...

Hole smokes! 185MB for a newer Hotkey app?? Dang...

On another note: any newer vBioses for us 3GB soldered boys on the P6x0SG? The 200mV slider adjustment thing you know.. if you have time...

Since its just cosmetic, I'll wait for Clevo to settle on a new BIOS base first and then update the entire BIOS Mod.

Right now they are throwing betas around as if there is no tomorrow...

Hello everyone, I'm new here !

First of all thanks Prema for your hard work !

I was wondering if your modded vBios for MXM 980M 8Go would work on a MSI GT72 2QE ? Maybe if I post the vbios you can tell me if it's similar to the stock one used in Clevo's ?

It should work on all mxm versions and was tested on all Clevos to have no throttle...

But some manufacturer have implemented additional throttle via system BIOS/EC (For example the newer Alienware), so you will have to try how well it performs.

It should work on all mxm versions and was tested on all Clevos to have no throttle...

But some manufacturer have implemented additional throttle via system BIOS/EC (For example the newer Alienware), so you will have to try how well it performs.

Ok thanks ! I believe there is still some limitations due to the EC firmware from MSI...

It may partially work or not at all...

I can report back and say that the Flexikey works great on my P150sm cept for the keyboard backlight :(

whatever changes of colors you give wont be applied but if you choose for example presets like Breath, Dance, Cycle those work perfectly.

ENJOY!

xcheerful.png.pagespeed.ic.hNxTMdexTt.png<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <fieldset class="postcontent"><legend>paperclip.png.pagespeed.ce.nFUOVIz3Ty.png Attached Files</legend>

</fieldset>

ENJOY! :cheerful:

Will you be releasing an updated vbios like with svl7 mod? I't wont successfully install on my NB. Will appreciate if you release a generic vbios with these features in it. Or can request if you can modify my bios? so the vbios can recognize my nbs bios normally (without modded .inf)? Thanks

@Prema: Does the GTX 980M vBIOS mod work for all 980M cards? I think I remember seeing a few from different manufacturers with the same 8GB vRAM. Just wondering before I make my purchase of the individual part.

As I said it works for all MXM versions, so just not for BGA and Asus etc...

Will you be releasing an updated vbios like with svl7 mod? I't wont successfully install on my NB. Will appreciate if you release a generic vbios with these features in it. Or can request if you can modify my bios? so the vbios can recognize my nbs bios normally (without modded .inf)? Thanks

No need for another vBIOS...if the driver doesn't install then you just have to check that your inf mod matches the HWID as shown in device manager (also remember to disable driver signature enforcement).

As I said it works for all MXM versions, so just not for BGA and Asus etc...

No need for another vBIOS...if the driver doesn't install then you just have to check that your inf mod matches the HWID as shown in device manager (also remember to disable driver signature enforcement).

Thanks I've got it. Although Ive noticed the following :

Hardware ID :

svl7

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_110C1462&REV_A1

Prema

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_15581462&REV_A1

Power Limit

svl7 : enabled

Prema : disabled

Voltage

svl7 : 965mV

Prema : 993mV

Why is power limit disabled? Is the voltage increase to 993mV safe ?

0.9930v is stock voltage for 970M.

(The other vBIOS is not using stock voltage, clocks and Turbo).

This vBIOS here uses stock voltage and stock clocks and has Turbo functional...it is identical to the stock vBIOS minus the removed throttle, unless you decide to oc/ov which is unlocked as per your choice.

No need to set a power limit with this one as it is disabled right out of the box.

The other vBIOS is not using stock voltage, clocks and Turbo.

My vBIOS uses stock voltage and stock clocks and has Turbo functional...it is identical to the stock vBIOS minus the removed throttle, unless you decide to oc/ov which is unlocked as per your choice.

No need for a power limit as it is disabled right out of the box. ;)

Here's my benchmark on firestrike with Prema mod vbios

post-7316-14494999179762_thumb.jpg

Benchmark with Prema Modded vBIOS and modified desktop drivers for P650SG:

+200 MHz (Core Clock) / +400 MHz (Memory Clock) / +30 mV

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4720HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com

Things to note:

-Any higher on Core Clock would cause it to have a driver crash, most likely due to lack of power (180W PSU, waiting for Dell 230W to arrive with converter)

-Any higher Memory Clock would cause serious artifacting

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic