[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Oh my God, thank you! :'-)

Only one thing: for the 980m to work on the P150EM, is it necessary to use your bios mod also, or do I just need to flash the vbios on the card and it will work with latest stock clevo bios?

And, again, thank you so much!

We can use it with the vBIOS but to really work properly in all situations you will also need a BIOS Mod on P1xxEM...hope to have it ready soon.

Prema,

Which situations it won't work?

Things like proper gpu switching and utilization, standby...

New Bios for 150SM-A is out. Bios 09 and EC 08, it works well with the new Hotkey 3.08.20, that Clevo just released for the P150SM-A.

Never trust Clevos changelogs...only the EC is for newer HotKey, the new PxSM-A BIOS are finally the ones with proper GTX965M support...so the new base I have been holding off for, for so long...

Never trust Clevos changelogs...only the EC is for newer HotKey, the new PxSM-A BIOS are finally the ones with proper GTX965M support...so the new base I have been holding off for, for so long...

Thank you Prema, more beer incoming....

Welcome Prema :)

By flashing vbios I have to turn off the graphics gtx980M in Device Manager ?

I have a brand new P370SM-A and the latest official bios and KBC / EC 1.03.06.

I can confidently flashign my gtx980M ?

Yeah, just disable the GPUs driver in device manager then flash, reboot and re-enable the driver.

We can use it with the vBIOS but to really work properly in all situations you will also need a BIOS Mod on P1xxEM...hope to have it ready soon.

Thanks for reply.

You mean then, that with only your vbios mod flashed on the card, the nvidia 980M will be only partially supported in P150EM?

If so, apart from the problems you listed, would there be any others, or the card basically works?

Yeah, just disable the GPUs driver in device manager then flash, reboot and re-enable the driver.

Ive loaded bios real firecracker :triumphant:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930MX,Notebook P370SM-A

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930MX,Notebook P370SM-A

Thank you very much I have to send some beer:distracted:

I wonder even if upload bios v1 Prema unlocked

I currently have a newer bios revision P370SM-A 1.03.06

I Unlock CPU multipliers for the BIOS items 4930XM

There are no contraindications ?

Ive loaded bios real firecracker :triumphant:

Thank you very much I have to send some beer:distracted:

I wonder even if upload bios v1 Prema unlocked

I currently have a newer bios revision P370SM-A 1.03.06

I Unlock CPU multipliers for the BIOS items 4930XM

There are no contraindications ?

THX! :)

I thing you loose screen brightness control when using the older base...if you don't need that then no problem, otherwise you will have to wait for the next update...

THX! :)

Bios Prema not seen Gtx980M version v.1

I thing you loose screen brightness control when using the older base...if you don't need that then no problem, otherwise you will have to wait for the next update...

He did not recognize good 4930XM clocks I've had it up to 3.6GHz

CPU multiplier did not react at all and very little CPU performance :(

Uploader back to the original bios 1.03.06

need to wait for a new version v2 for P370SM-A :)

Beer today sent:very_drunk:

@Prema: Not sure if stated, but do you have a vBIOS mod for a non-MXM version of GTX 980M? (I have the P650SG with the 4GB soldered 980M)

I am currently contemplating on upgrading my P150EM or just getting P751ZM and be done with the old one for the 980M... damn choices.

@Prema: Not sure if stated, but do you have a vBIOS mod for a non-MXM version of GTX 980M? (I have the P650SG with the 4GB soldered 980M)

I am currently contemplating on upgrading my P150EM or just getting P751ZM and be done with the old one for the 980M... damn choices.

It's in the OP and comes as part of the systems BIOS Mod.

Hello to all contributors here and to you, Prema !

My highest appreciation to your successes. You make ends meet.

This is what I try to accomplish as well in my profession...

Here comes the question: Has anyone successfully used any ExpressCard in a P570WM3 ?

If yes, which one under which conditions ?

My newest and most expensive Host 5 (P570WM3) did not run any ExpressCard.

Application area: Portable VideoEditing/Encoding/Authoring

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host 1: Notebook Dell XPS M1710 under WinXPPro32SP3

Host 2: Notebook Dell XPS M1710 under WinXPPro32SP3

Host 3: Notebook mysn XMG8.c (Clevo X8100) under Win7U64

Host 4: Notebook Sony VPCEB3Z1E under Win7H64

Host 5: Notebook mysn U702 (Clevo P570WM3) under Win7U64

Hosts 1,2,3,4 run the following ExpressCards for years now, and successfully:

Periphery A+B: Dawicontrol DC-300 ExpressCard - to 2 x eSATA Adapter (Port multiplier enabled, Base: SiI 3132)

Periphery C: RME HDSPe ExpressCard - to RME Multiface 8-channel Audio A/D/A-Converter, Base: Xilinx

A: Video-Maxi-Mode: ExpressCard-Slot -> DC-300 -> 2 eSATA-Kabel + 2 USB 3.0-Kabel to 2 eSATA-RAID-6-Miditower ARECA5040 containing starting 5, now 10, later 15 Volumes 2TB each.

B: Video-Midi-Mode: ExpressCard-Slot -> DC-300 -> 2 eSATA-Kabel to 2 RaidSonic Stardom Staray J5-5S-SB2 USB 2.0/eSATA 4x 2,5" HDD JBOD-Enclosure 4 Volumes 500GB each

C: Video-Mini+Audio-Mode: Internal 1 SSD, 2 HDD 1TB each, ExpressCard-Slot -> RME HDSPe -> Firewire-Kabel 6pin/6pin -> RME Multiface 8-channel Audio A/D/A-Converter

(Hosts 1,2,3,4 have no USB 3.0 support.

This could be achieved by an additional ExpressCard (TS-PNU3).

But this solution eats up the single available ExpressCard Slot which is needed for eSATA.)

While extending to 2x 15 Volumes 2x native USB 3.0 additionally and parallel to 2x Port multiplier enabled eSATA is needed,

Video Restoration/Processing/Encoding deserves a powerful CPU, 3D-Blu-ray/MKV preview capabilities are needed, so the solution seemed to be P570WM3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery configuration Host 5: mysn U702 (Clevo P570WM3)

Hardware Configuration : CPU i7-4960X, 32GB RAM (4x8GB Hynix 1600MHz), GPU 1x nVidia Quadro K5000M

1x SSD 1TB Samsung 850, 2x HDD HGST 1TB, 1x ODD TSST

Detailed Reports (AIDA64 and hwinfo64) and screenshots of any observed state are available.

BIOS: American Megatrends 2.15.1236 © 2012

ME Version 8.1.40.1416

MB Series: P570WM

BIOS Version: 1.03.06

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.03

VGA Card: nVidia Quadro K5100M

VBIOS Revision: 80.04.67.00.07

VBIOS Build Date: 09/17/12

Motherboard 63-0100-000001-00101111-121412-Chipset$27WM019_BIOSDATE:03/06/14 18:00:00 VER: 04.06.05

Bought on 18.12.2014 via mysn.de Website configurator, Delivery on 27.12.2014.

Tests on 27.,28.,29.12.2014 showed coniciding the described ExpressCard problem.

Start with plugged-in DC-300. Hangs at: Windows is loading...

-> Forced Powerdown mit Power button (6s).

Removed DC-300

Fresh Cold start: Windows Start-Manager reports:

Info: Fehler bei Startauswahl).

Zugriff auf ein erforderliches Gerät nicht möglich.

Selected "Windows normal starten".

Reported problem to mysn on 29.12.2014.

eMail suggestion mysn.de from 30.12.2014: Installation of modified Prema-BIOS.

03.01.2015: (following mysn-sugestion) Installation of modified Prema-BIOS.

(Recently available are P570WM3 v3 and since 03.01.2015 P570WM v5)

1. BIOS update attempt: (P570WM3 Prema v3):

Graphic adapter nVidia K5000M is no longer available.

Desktop in compatibility mode 640x480

2. BIOS update attempt: (P570WM Prema v5):

Graphic adapter ok, Win7 demands authentification renewal.

Windows Update reports "Updates available". Ran more than 100 updates via Windows Update.

(Later checking : Preinstalled files/folders of the OS had 24.05.2015 (more than 5 months into the future) as installationdate ?!

Wrong settings of system clock on virgin install ? Conflict potential ? Hopefully not)

----------------------------ExpressCard fault stays as with original BIOS:--------------------------------

If one plugs in the DC-300 (connected with 1x eSATA cable to 1 Staray-4x JBOD enclosure)

into the already running host, the 4 HDD-Busy-LEDs in the external enclosure don't respond with blue.

The PCI Express Root Port 8 (assigned to the ExpressCard slot, so for the DC-300) gets no ressources allocated.

This happens if the DC-300 has not been plugged in while booting

and has been plugged in after booting into the alreay running system.

For the other case (DC-300 is already plugged in before booting),

in BIOS all 4 of 4 HDD-Busy-LEDs start up lighting blue (Standby),

all 4 HDD-Busy-LEDs flip from blue to red as with the normally to be expected sequence enumeration/SysVol-Info-updating of drives,

HDD 1 und 2 do seem to handshake, at least partly,

but the OS will hang on "Windows wird gestartet".

If one pulls out the DC-300, the OS will commence booting after 30 s delay until completely ready.

Now if one plugs the DC-300 back in, the 4 HDD-Busy-LEDs go blue,

all 4 HDD-Busy-LEDs flip from blue to red as with the normally to be expected sequence enumeration/SysVol-Info-updating of drives,

HDD 1 und 2 do seem to handshake (briefly flip to red), at least partly,

but no drive is listed in Windows Explorer.

Sometimes the HDD-Busy-LEDs of the first two HDD will briefly flip to red

then silent blue.

Somtimes sequential detach-and-enumeration attempts of all 4 external HDDs by the host

Host becomes briefly "unresponsive", comes back again.

CPU fan increases speed slowly.

HWinfo64 hangs at splash screen "Examining system configuration / Detecting IDE/SCSI drives".

Had to be killed by Taskmanager/Process Explorer.

On 3rd attempt HWinfo64 was finally finished after 5 minutes.

The doubtful PCI Express Bus 8 now had got similar ressources (INT17)

as with the corresponding Bus in the working Clevo X8100.

Nevertheless the 4 external eSATA-HDDS were not available in Windows Explorer.

Device manager showed yellow exclamation marks for 3 of 4 external SATA-HDDS.

Bus Number 0, Target ID 2, LUN 0

Bus Number 0, Target ID 3, LUN 0

Bus Number 0, Target ID 1, LUN 0

Their designation "Laufwerk". ("Drive")

Device status: "Für dieses Gerät sind keine Treiber installiert." ("No drivers for this device")

Dreiber: MS 6.1.7600.16385

Tab "Details", Console window hangs: "Keine Rückmeldung" ("No response")

The first external eSATA drive has got a name "ST950042 1AS SCSI Disk Device"

and has no yellow exclamation mark:

Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0

The primary internal SSD has Path 0 (Channel 0, Target 0 LUN 0)

The secondary internal HDD has Path 0 (Channel 1, Target 0 LUN 0)

The third internal HDD has Path 0 (Channel 3, Target 0 LUN 0)

The internal ODD has Path 0 (Channel 4, Target 0 LUN 0)

For the plugged-in DC-300 "SiliconImage SiI 3132 SATALink Controller" there is no Device Info Tab read out.

The "Properties" window won't respond. Device manager has to be killed.

Task manager tab "CPU load" shows a permanent ~50% load for core 6 of 12 ! (at no user tasks given)

The rest of cores (11 of 12) is idle, medium value is 4,5%.

Process Explorer shows solely Interrupts as responsible for those 4,5%.

This would point to an interrupt conflict !

On unplugging of DC-300 ExpressCard CPU load falls back immediately onto ~0%.

CPU fan slows down, eject "plop" is audible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For manual drive ejecting 1 of 4 HDD was available as "ST950042 0AS SCSI Disk Device", but without any drive letter .

In " Disk Management" none of the 4 disks was visible.

Occasionally flipping of the 4 HDD-Busy LEDs from blue to red as in detecting / SysVol info updating drives.

However, no positive impact on their usefulness . Attempt to device logout remains without reaction.

First Pull-out DC-300 and Reinserting : Not detected again .

Error message: " ... can not be removed."

Second Pull-out DC -300 and Reinserting : DC-300 is detected acoustically this time .

Nevertheless, no operation possible: No drive in Windows Explorer.

My thoughts: Why does a session work at least partly in my case if the device has been previously recognized by the BIOS ?

Since I assume that the loaded-by-BIOS driver is still in RAM,

I now assume that this driver will try to assign functional resources to the express card slot ,

but then with the booting of Windows 7, a different driver/configuration might be loaded,

which removes the resources again, and thus makes the ExpressCard operation impossible.

For ejecting 1 of 4 HDD was available as " ST950042 0AS SCSI Disk Device", but again without a drive letter .

Manual driver check functional

OEM name mysn XMG 8.c

Manufacturer name Clevo X8100

BIOS Phoenix

OS Win7U64

Chipset Intel 5 / 3400

ExpressCard Port Root Port 2 - 3B44

Driver RootPort Microsoft 6.1.7601.17514 (pci.sys)

Previous Driver none

Driver DC-300 SiliconImage 1.0.15.0

Manual driver check dysfunctional

OEM name mysn U702

Manufacturer name Clevo P570WM3

BIOS Am. Megatrend

OS Win7U64

Chipset Intel X79/C600

ExpressCard Port Root Port 8 - 1D1E

Driver RootPort Intel 9.2.3.1032

Previous Driver Microsoft 6.1.7601.17514

Driver DC-300 SiliconImage 1.0.15.0

Tentative assignment of previous Microsoft driver for that port 8 unfortunately gains no functionality.

Already on startup inserted DC-300 : While booting BIOS all 4 of 4 HDD Busy LED show reactions as described above.

Thereafter, the Windows Start remains hanging at " Starting Windows" as described above.

Booting Win7U64 commences only after removal of the DC-300 ExpressCard as described above.

But now the DC-300 is no longer visible in Device Manger now. A "PCI-Express-Standardstammanschluß" ("PCI Express Standard Root Port") has been added .

The questioned PCI Express Root Port 8 is now only visible in hwinfo, the suspended therefrom bus 9 is shown empty.

Now that exactly this port is no longer visible in Windows Device Manager because of its dysfunctionality

there comes the problem of reversing the just run driver rollback.

Fortunately hwinfo is of great help here and also identifies this dead instance :

DeviceInstanceId PCI \ VEN_8086 & SUBSYS_02701558 & DEV_1D1E & REV_B6 \ 3 & 11583659 & 0 & E7

Since Ports 1, 2, 3, 4 have the suffixes E0, E1 , E2, E3, E7 can therefore be reliably assigned to the port in question 8.

A search in regedit after the entire DeviceInstanceId results

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\pci\Enum

The key name "9" correlates with Bus 9.

\CurrentControlSet contains the same key .

Unfortunately, the driver differences are not apparent here .

Further search in regedit after the substring "VEN_8086&DEV_1D1E&SUBSYS_02701558&REV_B6\3&11583659&0&E7" leads to

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D1E&SUBSYS_02701558&REV_B6\3&11583659&0&E7

HKLM\System\ControlSet002\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D1E&SUBSYS_02701558&REV_B6\3&11583659&0&E7

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D1E&SUBSYS_02701558&REV_B6\3&11583659&0&E7

Instance and driver differences of E7 to the Express Port - classes 1 (E0 ), 2 ( E1 ), 3 ( E2 ), 4 ( E3) are visible here .

Current ControlSet002 still contains the former "half-knowing " configuration.

Unfortunately, the access protection prevents the manual entering of the old 002 - Regkey configuration after ... 001 and Current ...

04/01/2015 : In Device Manager I have let the fallen-back "PCI Express standard trunk port"

search for "automatically for updated driver software on your computer (and the Internet)".

Back to Intel 9.2.3.1032 . But, unfortunately, the problem is not solved.

Now that I have my diagnostic possibilities fully exploited ,

I asked mysn.de. to immediately fix the problem.

Notebook is returned to mysn.de, but no solution so far.

Since you, Prema seem to have solved a lot of Clevo BIOS problems,

I hope Schenker will approach you about this case and commission you to solve this.

I told them so. If the mistake has been on my side, please forgive me all.

But all points to some bits not set correctly in the original BIOS

and if a new P570WM3 mod can fix this I will be happily willing to donate.

Complete AIDA64reports and HWinfo reports on request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Small error : Display brightness position Normal @ Mains Power is not kept.

Display brightness is initially correct upon restart for 3..5s ,

but jumps to dark after loading user settings.

When setting Display brightness via Fn + F9 the animated OSD adjustment bar indeed starts to react,

but behaves as if values are scaled wrong, always jumping around the minimum point. Well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Postscript ... probably irrelevant because of different location, but if resources might conflict:

In search of the Intel driver in system32 / drivers I noticed nvidia RAID and SATA drivers.

Does this notebook have nVidia for SATA / RAID in between?

Probably only for internal RAID 0,1 and the pathetic non -port multiplier enabled eSATA port ...)

Hi,

I have the P150sm and i updated to the latest Bios and EC and since my keyboard has backlight it went horribly wrong, now it shows wrong colors and cant even be turned off.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Just update the Clevo Hotkey App.

So I'm looking at the bios updates for the p150em but for my laptop, the windows key is on the right and f1 is to turn on fan...

Which one would work then?

Use the regular version...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic