[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Thanks a lot Prema!

Just a simple question. I brought my laptop from an Italian builder, they load a custom BIOS, but the barebone is P150SM. Can I flash flawlessy the stock Clevo bios on the laptop?

They are all the same, all manufactured by Clevo, all campatible.

ENJOY! :)

Good news, the issues i had with blck not even showing up in intel xtu are resolved by reinstalling to a newer version and that also enabled the memory XMP and custom settings. Although im not sure if i should mess with my ram settings.

I got kingston KHX1866C11S3/4g and 4 dimms of them, they can do 1106mhz according to cpu-z but im missing most latencys and dont want to brick it.. Is there a save way to test what settings work best?

That's what the P-EM Mod is for, it enables XTU support.

You can't mess anything up. Either it works or it doesn't, in which case it either resets on it's own or via a CMOS reset.

That's what the P-EM Mod is for, it enables XTU support.

You can't mess anything up. Either it works or it doesn't, in which case it either resets on it's own or via a CMOS reset.

Well i can now say that it doesnt resets on its own.. had to do a cmos reset, but damn that tiny connector was pretty stuck in there.. was afraid of damaging the motherboard.

Well i can now say that it doesnt resets on its own.. had to do a cmos reset, but damn that tiny connector was pretty stuck in there.. was afraid of damaging the motherboard.

I damaged mine and had to solder it back together.

Damn, didnt knew doing a cmos reset was so dangerous.

Eh, all it did was give my laptop amnesia. Having to remind the laptop what time it was and what to run the CPU and memory at after each startup was annoying though.

Adding a random memory stick (I use the slots under the keyboard) then pulling it is definitely the way to go. Resets everything but BCLK.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Prema, I just got a brand new W230ST from Sager and the BIOS and EC versions are 1.03.03LS1 and 1.03.01SA, respectively. Is your BIOS mod safe to flash?

Sure thing! ENJOY :)

Hello! I have an clevo p170emx with bios 1.02.17 and ec 1.02.16. Is it safe to update bios? And I saw there are 4 different rar files. What is the difference? And does it matter if I have p170em"x"?

Hello! I have an clevo p170emx with bios 1.02.17 and ec 1.02.16. Is it safe to update bios? And I saw there are 4 different rar files. What is the difference? And does it matter if I have p170em"x"?

Same system, the 'x' is no problem. ;)

P-EM 2T EDITION > For better compatibility with difficult RAM (1866/2133Mhz or 32GB)

P-EM Regular Version > Win key on the right & FULL FAN = FN+9

P-EM K2 VERSION > Win key on the left & FULL FAN = FN+1

hi,there are bugs in bios 2.17(stock) for clevo p170em?

you can flash?

Sure you can flash it, not aware of bugs just the usual performance limitations...

Prema, is there any way to change the temperature at which the turbo fan gets turned on? The turbo fan kicking in at 70 degrees and staying on permanently till the temp drops below 50 degrees is driiving me crazy. And the p151sm1b hits 70 degrees on stock speeds all the time.

Any change log for the P370SM yet?

Also does this model include the ability to disable hyper threading? haven't actually received my laptop yet.

And finally just a clarification, I should install the P370SM Bios for my P372SM-S?

Thanks!

Any change log for the P370SM yet?

Also does this model include the ability to disable hyper threading? haven't actually received my laptop yet.

And finally just a clarification, I should install the P370SM Bios for my P372SM-S?

Thanks!

Yeah same machine. They just made up that name for showing it ships with dual GPUs...

many thanks:friendly_wink:what type performance limitations?

The usual early Turbo throtthle, T2 Timings when 4 RAM are used, limited OC options...that's why we have the Mod for P-EM. ;)

我是中国的,哈哈,支持你~!!!!<<<>>> I am a Chinese, ha ha, and support you ~! ! ! !

欢迎 & 新年好! :) <<<>>> Welcome & Happy New Year!

敬请尝试用英语写作(谷歌翻译)。<<<>>> Please try to write in English (Google Translate).

I have EUROCOM Racer 2.0 i7-3920xm 7970m, i hope P150EM will work for me, as well as flashing GPU, cos currently i have shit preformance like 20-30 fps on low in some bf4 maps

It sure works. The Mod makes a lot of sense for your XM CPU as you will gain longer & higher Turbo as well as Intel XTU Overclocking support.

ENJOY! :)

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic