[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

21 hours ago, Clevoplayer said:

Hello,

I have a clevo p650re6, and interested in the vBios and the regular BIOS of premamod, you guys have bios for this model?

I tried PM but says that you cant receive messages.

Thanks alot

Hi Clevoplayer,

I think you wrote us an email.  If so then everything is good.  If not please try to contact through our webpage as we just registered here we cannot accept PM yet.  We will be able to soon.

Hi All, just wanted to introduce myself to this site, I have recently purchased a P870DM laptop and I'm planning to get Prema's bios installed on it in the very near future by Eurocom (I ordered it from HIDevolution) but Eurocom tell me they can have it back to me in 2-3 business days!

Good to be a member and I look forward to many interesting discussions!

Martin

Hi All

I am new to the forum and want to say a big thanks to @Prema . I would have sold my laptop would it not have been for Prema and his amazing work on the prema mod bios so here is the story. Around 3 years ago I bought a a Clevo W370st ( Mecer here in South Africa ). I was over the moon gaming at above 50fps and loving my new laptop. Around a year and a half after I bought the laptop I was shocked to see how quickly graphics cards were becoming outdated these days. I started to game less and less till my second problem hit me. My fan began making horrible noises and speeding up to abnormal speeds. I ordered a new 1 online and quickly replaced it when 2 months later it began again. I had cleaned out the fan housing and checked it sealed properly but the fan would speed up and begin making a noise when becoming unbalanced, I was at the point of selling the laptop and going back to desktop when I came across Prema mod. I found it by accident when trying to flash my bios to get my laptop to boot up quicker. I was so happy now my fan does not spin out of control anymore and it led me to TechInferno where I discovered the eGPU setup and now the proud owner of an EXP GDC Beast and eagerly awaiting my GTX 970 to begin benchmarking. Thank you Tech inferno for saving all those out there who decided a gaming laptop would not be outdated quickly and showing us that just about everything can be upgraded and kept current. Not planning on letting my baby go any time soon. :)

hello prema i wanted using this mod for my laptop x450c intel pentium 2117u 1.8 ghz, 4gb ram kingston, nvidia 720m, i wanted to overclock my cpu but in xtu it grayed out cant overclock it and my 720m can overclock to 1020 mhz from 625 mhz but it not stable, can u give me tutor for installation this bios mod? thx :D

Running a eurocom Sky x6 with gtx 970m. Downloaded the vbios for my card. For some reason GPU-Z shows my default clock speed of 540mhz and when I over clock the card, it just increases the values from 540mhz. It also says the default memory is 1253mhz and pixel fillrate is at 25.9gpixels. 

Should i I just ignore the data from GPU-Z?

Edited by Kango
Added more info.

@ ALL I'll try to find the time soon to dig through your all your questions...

2 hours ago, Kango said:

Running a eurocom Sky x6 with gtx 970m. Downloaded the vbios for my card. For some reason GPU-Z shows my default clock speed of 540mhz and when I over clock the card, it just increases the values from 540mhz. It also says the default memory is 1253mhz and pixel fillrate is at 25.9gpixels. 

The GPU-Z dev simply hasn't updated his app for newer vBIOS...vRAM clock is also normal...NVIDIA Inspector will show you the correct core clock. ;)

2 hours ago, Kango said:

What does the sensor reading for core clock say under actual 3D load?

23 hours ago, octiceps said:

What does the sensor reading for core clock say under actual 3D load?

1189mhz max with OC +151mhz

Only ran skydiver demo for about 20 seconds. Gpu max usage was 83%

@Prema I just got around to installing your bios on my P157SM and I'm encountering some issues trying to bump up the reference clock/BLCK. Every time I try to bump it up with XTU it doesn't stick, and upping the frequency in the BIOS causes it to lock up when I try to apply it. I know there are some issues with Intel ME, but I read that flashing your BIOS installs a patched version of ME, so I was wondering if you could provide some wisdom on what I might be doing incorrectly :)

Hi all,

I'd like to say thank you to Prema for the awesome mods and to everyone else who helped out others with their technical issues. A lot of the advice from other, guided me through the same problems I was having. Thanks again.

I purchased a 980m from Eurocom for my P170em clevo and the support I received from them was pretty bad to say the least. They gave me miss guided information and bad technical advice. Sometimes, I would have to send 3 emails or call a few times before I was helped. Needless to say,  I searched on this internet and found this awesome community, and the rest went well.

im sorry if this next question was already answered but I can't seem to find it. 

Where can I download future driver updates? I read in couple places that I will need to mod an inf file but read in others that the new vbios allows the drivers directly from nvidia to be used. Can someone please clarify this for me. Also, if I do need a moded driver will I have to use the ddu program to fully uninstall the current driver or can I just install it as is? Thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, MUNKYPOO said:

Hi all,

I'd like to say thank you to Prema for the awesome mods and to everyone else who helped out others with their technical issues. A lot of the advice from other, guided me through the same problems I was having. Thanks again.

I purchased a 980m from Eurocom for my P170em clevo and the support I received from them was pretty bad to say the least. They gave me miss guided information and bad technical advice. Sometimes, I would have to send 3 emails or call a few times before I was helped. Needless to say,  I searched on this internet and found this awesome community, and the rest went well.

im sorry if this next question was already answered but I can't seem to find it. 

Where can I download future driver updates? I read in couple places that I will need to mod an inf file but read in others that the new vbios allows the drivers directly from nvidia to be used. Can someone please clarify this for me. Also, if I do need a moded driver will I have to use the ddu program to fully uninstall the current driver or can I just install it as is? Thanks in advance

Hey

With Prema mods you don't need to mod inf file. Just download Nvidia driver from their website and install it. It is still recommended to use DDU.

Edited by JDF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dear Prema Owner and Creator,
Thank you for all your kind efforts, I think we all appreciate it,

I already flash the your Bios and it’s working fine, can you please send me a guide how to overclock my P570WM system to get the maximum limit. It has i7 4930K, (2X) GTX780m SLI, (4X4) 16GB RAM1600 and (2X) 330W power supply.
And I searched for my 780m vBios OC on your list but I can’t find it, can you help me how can I get it? 

Last thing, how to change the bios logo to the default Sager logo.
I’ll really appreciate you kind support.
Thank you in advance for your kind efforts and support.
Best Regards

Donation is already payed, Thank you for all your kind efforts.

Edited by Dr. AMK

1 hour ago, Dr. AMK said:

Dear Prema Owner and Creator,
Thank you for all your kind efforts, I think we all appreciate it,

I already flash the your Bios and it’s working fine, can you please send me a guide how to overclock my P570WM system to get the maximum limit. It has i7 4930K, (2X) GTX780m SLI, (4X4) 16GB RAM1600 and (2X) 330W power supply.
And I searched for my 780m vBios OC on your list but I can’t find it, can you help me how can I get it? 

Last thing, how to change the bios logo to the default Sager logo.
I’ll really appreciate you kind support.
Thank you in advance for your kind efforts and support.
Best Regards

Donation is already payed, Thank you for all your kind efforts.

Sorry I can't use re-seller logos to make Mods for end-user...

I have refunded your donation so you can instead use it to promote your account on TI and also get svl7's vBIOS for your 780M. 

45 minutes ago, Prema said:

Sorry I can't use re-seller logos to make Mods for end-user...

I have refunded your donation so you can instead use it to promote your account on TI and also get svl7's vBIOS for your 780M. 

Thank you for your kindness.

On 1/14/2016 at 4:09 AM, godfafa said:

Thank god, the seller helped me get it fixed.

I thought I sent you the email, but it came back saying "it contains possible risk virus.... blah" :(

Thanks alot for your concern.

Hi @godfafa,

Would you be kind enough to post the BIOS recovery procedure for the Clevo p750dm-g ?

@Prema,

Would you know what is the BIOS recovery procedure for the p750dm-g?

Thanks in advance

Could you please mod this vbios? It is the gtx 980m 8gb in the alienware 17 R3. The MXM vbios gives a digital signature error when I try to use it on nvflash. I could be wrong but I think the alienware 17 r3 has a BGA gtx 980m 8 gb.

GM204.rom

On 3/28/2016 at 3:51 AM, discipline said:

Hi @godfafa,

Would you be kind enough to post the BIOS recovery procedure for the Clevo p750dm-g ?

@Prema,

Would you know what is the BIOS recovery procedure for the p750dm-g?

Thanks in advance

Try the FN+B recovery method:

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/bios-recovery/

With the attached file!

P7xxDM.rom

13 hours ago, Prema said:

Try the FN+B recovery method:

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/bios-recovery/

With the attached file!

P7xxDM.rom

Thank you very much @Prema, could you tell me if this the factory procedure? Or is this procedure you linked tied to your mods?

I have not flashed the laptop yet, but I've bricked a laptop in the past (nothing related to your mods), so before even trying to flash factory updated UEFI ROM, it would be good to know what the recovery procedure is.

I wonder if @godfafa used the same procedure.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I met some issue by finding basic information, I have a P170EM (Clevo) with a Geforce 680M.
Using Premamods since 3Y (thanks for the EUFI Boot Mr Prema !) I would like to change the 680M to a 980M.

People said
A "you just have to get a prema bios, remove nvidia drivers, install the card, install nvidia drivers"
B "you have to get a prema bios, remove nvidia drivers, install the card, flash it with the vBios and install nvidia drivers."
C " you have to flash vBios on the card from another laptop (which already get the card set) and flash your laptop with a prema bios, remove nvidia drivers , put the pre-flashed card in and reinstall nvidia drivers".
D "Purchase a new laptop."

Who's rights ?

I'm a bit lost... Thanks !

On 3/30/2016 at 1:24 PM, discipline said:

Thank you very much @Prema, could you tell me if this the factory procedure? Or is this procedure you linked tied to your mods?

I have not flashed the laptop yet, but I've bricked a laptop in the past (nothing related to your mods), so before even trying to flash factory updated UEFI ROM, it would be good to know what the recovery procedure is.

I wonder if @godfafa used the same procedure.

Thanks!

To answer my own questions: Yes this is the factory method, and yes @godfafa very likely used this procedure, although he is the only one that can confirm.

Thanks!

Syb,

"B" is the option to use for upgrading your 680m to a 980m on your p170em. Make sure you update to the newest prema bios. Also, use the ddu program to uninstall all drivers for your 680m.

i upgraded my p170em to a 980m and 3940mx 3 weeks ago and everything is running smoothly.

Edited by MUNKYPOO
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hello. I am the owner of a notebook of CLEVO P170EM in a top complete set with the I7-3940MX processor and the video card NW 980M. If there are still owners, then would like to take an interest at you concerning temperatures of the processor and video card on the last vBios from Prema what temperature at whom? generally the video card temperature as I noted that at me on new vBios from Prema honor in all games temperature of 89 degrees though it isn't on other biosa interests. I tried already many different options. If not difficult that is possible screens with temperatures of yours 980M for comparing. I will be very grateful. Also excuse for bad English =)

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic