Bricked G75VW - Dump BIOS File

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a dump of BIOS of a G75VW. After a BIOS update he bricked, now i need to reflash it. I found one here http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking-25.html, but the link is offline. If someone can upload it again, or send it to me ([email protected]), i apreciate.

Thanks.

The problem is that i can't send to RMA (because a lot of factors). My only hope now is reflash. And i already did the buttons combinations, no luck

Obs: the technical assistance of ASUS here (Brazil) is awfull. Is a waste of time talking to then.

svl7, just a quick question about this statement... do the modified bios' here cause any grief if I want to do a clean install on my system with the modded bios?

I've found that I can do a clean install using the windows8 DVD and my system is activated upon startup showing an AAOEM at the end of the product ID.

tx LBJGH

You can't just use anyone's dump, it contains the personal Windows key, serial number, service tag etc.

No, there's no problem at all if you follow my instructions. There's a reason why the procedure is a bit complicated and why I wrote a little tool to overcome the difficulties...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

you could do it with a hardware flasher/programmer. First buy a hardware flasher: e.g. a UM232H with FTDI chip FT232H this one. Then download flashrom (or fpt). Now you have to open your Laptop and look for your BIOS (its a flash IC) and desolder it. Then search for the flash ic datasheet and look for pin layout. Now you have to solder the SPI interface to your flasher. Then power it up with a external power supply and backup all the flash content (or bios section). Maybe you can still read the serial number etc, if this has not been damaged during update and put this informations into a new bios image and simply flash it back.

I know its VERY difficult, but maybe your last chance if everything else didnt work!