Performance World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria

hi, i play world of warcraft mist of pandaria, but i have bottleneck, my laptop is i7 3630QM (2,4ghz/3,4ghz), 8gb ddr3 1600mhz, gtx680m 4gb (983/1225) SSD Kingston 120gb x2 raid 0, HDD 1TB 2,5", windows 7 enterprise x64.

wowscrnshot031113124331.jpg

max settings 1920x1080

i have the same framerate with stock clocks.

what can i do to get more performance? are there program to transfer cpu render tu gpu render? my gpu load when i game is 50%.

thanks and regards.

Hi @albertovasilon Im not an expert on all things mists of panderia, but is your CPU at 100% Utilization? It seems like your CPU would be more than capable of handling World of warcraft. Also if im not mistake it says you have 30fps, Do you have Vsync turned on? (make sure its turned off ingame and in your nvidia control panel). Vsync will Cut your FPS down to 30 if you arent getting 60 FPS.

It could also be that the game is using the integrated gfx from intel (if you have it) and thus reducing your fps.

Otherwise it could be as Ninjahunter said and you have Vsync on.

Also check if you have the last Nvidia drivers installed.

• 1 month later...

It's the wow engine. My 6 year old 4870HD runs this game better than any of the newer cards Iyou've had since.

I've fixed some problems in the past by going back to older graphic card drivers... I've tried overclocking (but don't recommend it, this game is very sensitive to OC'ing). Disabling shadows always helped me a fair bit, and doing the obvious things that everyone recommends, i.e. going back through all your addons and unchecking 1 by 1 to see if there's any difference.

The other thing you can do is run a repair, which sometimes tidies up the game. It's ridiculously large (15gig-ish) so this can help a fair bit.

One of my pet peeves with wow has always been how badly it runs for how crappy the graphics are... The textures and models look like early PS2 games, but blizz has added loads of new effects around these which can be pretty graphic intense... Firelands for example was a bit like that, blooms and such.

Sadly above poster is right.

Even if you upgrade your CPU, it will never see 100% utilization for WoW. In fact, your FPS is heavily impacted by how many addons you run. As you probably know, if you run no extra addons, your performance skyrockets. Once you start adding mods that require communicating via hidden channels or with the server, it starts to slow down quite a bit. Recount etc severely impact FPS, especially in large environments like raids.

I have a 2600k @ 4.8, 16gb 2133, and a 5870, and my FPS is great. Upgrading the video card will do nothing to improve upon it.

If you already have low mods, then your bottleneck is without a doubt your CPU, even though it is advanced technology compared to when the game was released. The game just doesn't utilize it well as you can see by checking your CPU usage when your FPS drops. You can go down to ~20fps and your CPU will probably be at like 35% usage.

also i can give some tips since i play world of warcraft set ur api to use directx 11 inside client then restart and use the 64 bit executable of the game and remember to have the latest drivers from nvidia installed, another tip i give you is you will never have skyrocket fps in hubs in the game like of the screen above its shrine of two moons its overcrowded and ur using max camera distance to far wich also increase the ammount on processing power sadly blizzard take times to optimze the game but be sure it will be easy to play on other zones and raids with better fps than that

• 2 months later...

In crowded places like Shrine, turn down your shadows and environmental effects. In a raiding situation, going with fair reduces the ground effects while still showing you boss effects you need to move out of. I know it has been months since you've posted but do you still have this problem?

You'd be surprised how CPU dependent WoW is currently. Your laptop sounds very close to what my laptop is running as well and I had to bump all the way down to the lowest settings to raid with decent FPS. On my new desktop that I'm building... I'm still waiting on my GPU and booted the system with an old 460 and getting twice the FPS running ultra settings and streaming at same time :(

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving an old friend just to add my .02. I had an issue where I couldn't get above 30 FPS, the game I was playing had a "Laptop Power Save" mode box that i had disabled. Low and behold the windows settings for the laptop were on Power saver and mode and thus wouldn't run it at its full capacity. One of the first things to check in my opinion when you have this issue is to make sure you are set to Performance or a custom power save mode.