Any new updates on liquid cooling?

I came across the liquid cooling solution a while back from ASETEK at Liquid GPU and CPU Cooling for Laptops and All-In-Ones - Asetek, Inc. and wanted to know if anyone came across any updates on the liquid cooling solution. I would really love to see a production model soon as sure many of you also. Hoping to get an update of the release or if they even are still working on it!

I personal believe three fans already enough for M18x, it's not necessary to upgrade liquid cooling, just get some better silicone grease, such as ICD7 or MX4.

The stock TIM works just as well as the aftermarket brands from what I've read. Lasts longer, too.

to OP, no, that asetek liquid cooling setup was just a prototype, and it was never put into production. It's unlikely that we'll ever see something like this for the M18x due to practicality concerns. The stock cooling works well enough as is.

I have no problem with stock cooling, its just a bit noisy when at school during lecture... I would love to see something like that in production just for the fact of my love of liquid cooling. I just get a safer feeling that life of the processor is increased running a lower thermal temp on average.

I have no problem with stock cooling, its just a bit noisy when at school during lecture... I would love to see something like that in production just for the fact of my love of liquid cooling. I just get a safer feeling that life of the processor is increased running a lower thermal temp on average.

That's odd, the fans don't run at idle on my M18x so it's completely silent during web browsing/word processing. The cooling system does get loud at load though, but I suppose that's to be expected with high powered machines. I'm not sure which processor you have,, but a triple pipe heatsink will lower temps a great deal on non-XM CPUs. I just installed mine and temps dropped around 10C across the board. Might be something you want to consider if you're concerned with longevity. I ordered it directly from Dell; only cost me $20.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Liquid cooling usually works well in desktops because you can send the water to a huge 360MM radiator. Without that space in a laptop its just water moving the heat instead of the water, risk vs reward is totally not worth it.