:bananajump::bananajump:Lara is back!!!!:bananajump::bananajump:

Got my Collectors Edition of the new Tomb Raider yesterday.:Banane01::Banane01::Banane01:

post-1291-14494994434325_thumb.jpg

The game looks amazing on three displays, TressFX looks cool, a really nice shampoo that AMD has developed :glee: but TressFX effect is sometimes exaggerated. :Banane45:

I stopped playing because with Nvidia hardware it's almost totally unplayable at the moment. :crushed:

Hoping that Nvidia and Crystal Dynamics release a fix soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

i have gtx680m and i play with ultimate settings with fxaa, i have 50fps, with 983/2400 clocks, tressFX consume quite graphic, but is awesome, don´t donwload the last nvidia beta driver, because the game will crash with a problem with telesation, sorry for my bad english, regards

i have gtx680m and i play with ultimate settings with fxaa, i have 50fps, with 983/2400 clocks, tressFX consume quite graphic, but is awesome, don´t donwload the last nvidia beta driver, because the game will crash with a problem with telesation, sorry for my bad english, regards

Thats great results, do you mind to mention your CPU and GPS temps,oh and on what notebook you are gaming on?

I have read comments and noticed how the patch does better for some and worst for others and decided to share this video with you as my feedback. It's non patched and v.1.0.718.4 comparison.

Be sure to read the description as it tells you what settings I'm running it on and of course my PC spec.

I have read comments and noticed how the patch does better for some and worst for others and decided to share this video with you as my feedback. It's non patched and v.1.0.718.4 comparison.

Be sure to read the description as it tells you what settings I'm running it on and of course my PC spec.

This Game is truly one of the best I played in the last months.

Played some hours yesterday after the first patch was released on Steam.

- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.

- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.

- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.

- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.

- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.

- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.

- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.

- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.

- Various other small fixes.

Disabled TressFX due to heavy flickering of Laras hair, everything else maxed out at 6040x1200, no problem running the game at 30-45FPS with two GTX Titans.

Nvidia Surround respectively AMD Eyefinity are well implented as it was in Hitman: Absolution. No heavy zooming on the two side screens like it's happening in BF3 and some other games.Nvidia Surround screenshot

LOD and Lighting are amazing and so is Lara's appearance and behavior.:P The rendered cutscenes are good, I myself prefer ingame graphics cutscenes.

This game deserves a buy recommendation:congratulatory:

Nice, the tessellation issues with newer Nvidia drivers seems to be fixed, had no problems yesterday.;)

I'm still waiting for a new driver of nVidia and patch of Ubisoft. That way i can play a little better in a GTX.

Nvidias WHQL driver is expected towards the end of this month according to Geforce Forum posts. Patience is required, but with the new patch the game is playable without crashes ;)

I 've read alot everywhere that this game is very good.

I bought the 7870XT in order to take it with, since Never Settle promotion is running.

I didnt get any CD-KEY.

My mistake i guess, since after i read that only specific merchants can provide it and the retailer i choose was not in the participants list.

I ll get it to see Lara's new hairs.

Am I able to play smooth this game with my i7-2630QM and GTX460M (with 8GB of ram)?

It depends what you call smooth... For me 30FPS is enough so with your GTX460M which is a little bit more powerful than my overclocked GT555M yes you will.

Patch released: Build 1.0.722.3:

New fixes in 722.3:

- Addressed an issue in ”Shipwreck Beach” where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the player’s path.

- Fixed a gating issue in “Research Bunker” where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state.

- Fixes for multiplayer connectivity

o An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved.

o Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers.

- Improvements to voice-chat for multiplayer

o New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1.

o New voice-chat volume option.

o Improved overall quality of voice-chat.

- Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available.

- Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player.

- Movies are showing up again when using SSAA.

- Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA.

- TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups.

- TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements.

- New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings.

- Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling.

- Various UI improvements.

Nvidia and AMD released a new driver version as well:

GeForce 314.21 Driver Release Summary

Improves performance and stability in Tomb Raider.

Adds new SLI and 3D Vision profiles.

Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 13.3 Beta Driver for Windows®

Improve performance in Sim City 5 up to 16 percent

Improves performance in Far Cry 3 up to 5 percent

Improves latency performance issues seen in Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution

Resolves slight corruption seen in Tomb Raider with TressFX enabled for CrossFire and single GPU configurations

:77::20_003::36_002:

Am I able to play smooth this game with my i7-2630QM and GTX460M (with 8GB of ram)?

You should be able to play it smoothly, just don't expect to run with maximum settings on :P

I got a i7-3820QM and 7970M and I got like 35 +/- fps on the benchmark

Played this game since yesterday, it's really awesome! Think Uncharted but on PC. Impressive graphics when the settings are maxed (tesselation in this game is the best use of it I've seen yet), great story, and it uses Steam!

how would you rate the game overall? I've seen a few reviews and generally looks favorable. Is there enough content/time to warrant the $50? (I would hope 25+ hours of content). I have a GT 640m and I7. I hope it runs well too if I decide to purchase it.

Played this game since yesterday, it's really awesome! Think Uncharted but on PC. Impressive graphics when the settings are maxed (tesselation in this game is the best use of it I've seen yet), great story, and it uses Steam!

i heard tesselation only improved lara's hair details?

• 2 weeks later...
TressFX is still buggy, it looks good in gameplay but in cutscenes the hair spazz out and looks weird.

Do you play with AMD hardware? With my two GTX Titans I still have strong flickering when playing the game with TressFX enabled. Latest patch and graphics driver is used.

The game is well made, but unfortunately the single player game again worth little and the multiplayer is not very appealing. When trying I have found only lobbies with the option search any game.

Do you play with AMD hardware? With my two GTX Titans I still have strong flickering when playing the game with TressFX enabled. Latest patch and graphics driver is used.

On both my desktop (670 SLI) and laptop (680m) I don't see problems during gameplay with TressFX after the latest patch and drivers, but there is strong flickering and weird hair behavior in cutscenes.