p370em&Gtx680m | GPU core clock does not change | Help me pls.

Aisan

Hello there guys and gals!

How are you ? i hope the best.

I am among others , a proud owner of p370em with a single gtx 680m.

Forgive me but i have this beast 2 days now , so i really really like it and i am totaly fall in love with it :D (!!!woohooo dancing all around:D!!!)

Here are my specs for your information.

P370em (did i mention that? :D)

intel i7 3740qm (2.7Ghz to 3.7ghz> overclockable to 4ghz with intel xtu)

Nvidia gtx 680m 4gb

8gb ram ddr3 Corsair Vengeance (2x4 ddr3 dins)

Ssd Samsung 840 250gb

others pretty much the stock.

My reseller take a good care of this laptop, all hardware placed gently and its really working fair well!

Temps of my gtx680m even after playing 3+hours BF3 does not exceed 70C

Furmark 15mins burn in test 1920x1080 gives me max temp of 72C

Ok as you see,i received it and just played around!

The problem is this , and please guys be gently and helpfull as my overclocking experience is not elite as yours.

Nvidia gtx 680m come with stock GPU Core clock 719 mhz & Gpu Memory Clock 1800mhz.

I tried to overclock a bit the beast with adding +135mhz to the core clock and +400mhz to the memory clock using evga precision X and/or Msi afterburner and or Nvidia Inspector.

While Gpuz seems to read the given values aka GPU core Clock 854mhz and Gpu Memory Clock 2200mhz , when i run furmark.3dmark 11,kombustor,vantage and etc only the memory Clock @ 2200mhz recognised, and the GPU core Clock remains no matter what at 718Mhz. (The Gpu Z still reads 854mhz core clock).

First thoughts is to check the drivers i reinstall ,unistall evrything even i made a format but ofc with no effect.

From nvidia Control panel i made changes to maximum performance.windows and clevo power options set to high performance without effect ofc.

I got really sad at first cause i thought that it was a faulty graphic card and thanks to Timelord i found you.

So can you give me your lights please? I own you some beers guys and i really want to say thank you in advance!

GpuZ info / GPU sensors

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6246[/ATTACH]

Vantage performance tests:

Stock clocks:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,CLEVO P370EM score: P22334 3DMarks

Memory clock+475mhz: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,CLEVO P370EM score: P23174 3DMarks

Thank you for being helpfull and so kind to rread it!

Hi Aisan, welcome to TI and congrats on your system.

The stock vBIOS version 80.04.67.00.01 is simply a deal breaker regarding OC.

All you have to do is make 5 useful posts to get download rights here at TI and the grab this modded vBIOS over at svl7's thread:

Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

Woot :D Thanks you so much for your replies i really do appreciate this!

Ok < Lets start reading then the guides . i will need to keep my vbios backup just in case i want to come back (at stock i have really good temps)

Well, thanks again and see ya around here :D

• 2 weeks later...
YES, as long as you are not using the Win8/secureboot mode in BIOS the "680m (80.04.33.00.10) 'OCedition' revised v01" will work, too.

You mean that in order to have secureboot working you have to have the same patched vbios version as the one the laptop was originally shipped with or is it something like a bug on the older vbios version?

You mean that in order to have secureboot working you have to have the same patched vbios version as the one the laptop was originally shipped with or is it something like a bug on the older vbios version?

Clevo v33 has a bug, but only in UEFI mode.

• 2 months later...

I used the 33vbios on my 370em and it turned the screen black. I had to plug external screen to HDMI (which wierdly was functioning) and flash to standard 67 again.

But your saying that 33 will work if I disable something in bios?