[Request] Unlocking/Modding Asus G75VX Bios

Ah nice.. i just bricked my notebook.. :(

Used this fptw64.exe from this thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html

When i hitted the command to flash the bios.bin, the notebook immadiatelly shutted down, and didn't power up. even the power led didn't light up when i plug the power connector! :((((

Any advice what can i do with the notebook? Bring it to ASUS Service Center?

I flashed back the 203 version, but cannot flash the modded BIOS. Used this method: G55VW - 16Gb 1600MHz ?

Can anybody help please with which utility i can flash the modded bios?

Thanks,

Csaba

I am so sorry I got to this post so late. I found the method to recover from 206 to flash modded bios...

As a disclaimer. I do not recommend anyone try this, it has worked for me but I cannot guarantee the same results across the board...

I messed up originally attempting to flash my own custom VBIOS to the 204 bios from Asus. This was a terrible idea and led to an unknown MXM Module in my bios.

In order to recover I flashed to the ASUS 206 through EZ flash rescue Ctrl+Home feature.

From there I could only "see" Asus based bios as valid bios image.

Then I completed a winflash /nodate back to the stock 204. Yet I still could only "see" Asus based bios as valid bios image.

We were stuck at this point and it was very frustrating and trying...

Low and behold, I found the way to "see" modded bios as valid again by simply completing a backup of my 204 and then reflashing that backup via...

fpt -d backup.rom -bios -- fpt -f backup.rom -bios

After that when I attempted a custom 204 bios with a modified vbios from a friend I no longer received the filesize mismatch.

That is when I decided to fpt -f that custom bios and can now OC!

I an only hit 825 core and 2600 memory but hell it is a start and a 5200 3dMark 2011.

Hopefully all of those steps are clear.

Best Wishes to whom this can help!

-Josh

Sorry I got back to this kinda late, I made quite a lot of progress with this_ I was able to unlock my own BIOS and insert in my own modified GPU vBIOS follow my guide on overclock.net just search my username and find my GTX 670MX modified BIOS thread because I don't think the mods will like me posting links to another forum

It'll tell you everything from there and the best part is, All the information I provide is from my own findings and completely free

- - - Updated - - -

Ah nice.. i just bricked my notebook.. :(

Used this fptw64.exe from this thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html

When i hitted the command to flash the bios.bin, the notebook immadiatelly shutted down, and didn't power up. even the power led didn't light up when i plug the power connector! :((((

Any advice what can i do with the notebook? Bring it to ASUS Service Center?

Can't do anything, your bricked for GOOD unless of course you replace BIOS chip or motherboard as whole, if your good with soldering the BIOS chip is easy to replace otherwise you have to send it in for repairs_

DO NOT USE THE G75VW BIOS, it is a completely different BIOS from the G75VX (both models of laptop has different Bios) FPTW64 is not a good idea to use(Always flash from within DOS mode and never from within windows)

• 2 weeks later...
hi

tried flashing with ftk, size doesnt match... the backed up is 6144 and the oc is 6146...

and with vbios gives an error when replacing...

any help... thanks

Do not flash using the Bios prema uploaded, you will brick. Please follow my guide on overclock.net search my username and the thread should be under laptops and mobile computing category.

At this moment you must only modify your own backup bios to keep your laptop serial number and windows 8 keys. FTK does work but if it gives you any warnings about size mismatch, do not flash, you will brick.

Do not flash using the Bios prema uploaded, you will brick. Please follow my guide on overclock.net search my username and the thread should be under laptops and mobile computing category.

At this moment you must only modify your own backup bios to keep your laptop serial number and windows 8 keys. FTK does work but if it gives you any warnings about size mismatch, do not flash, you will brick.

Sidenote: I did not brick with Prema's... It works without issue. I see a lot of people bricking when using ftk because they choose to ignore the file size mismatch.

Also, I was getting file-size mismatches like crazy at 206 until I backed up my existing bios and flashed it back. Then I had no issues flashing the backup with alternate vbios.

I really don't know how people brick their devices so easily.

Sidenote: I did not brick with Prema's... It works without issue. I see a lot of people bricking when using ftk because they choose to ignore the file size mismatch.

Also, I was getting file-size mismatches like crazy at 206 until I backed up my existing bios and flashed it back. Then I had no issues flashing the backup with alternate vbios.

Yes that seems to be the issue, they didn't read the warnings because FTK will state that there is a Size Mismatch and asks if you still want to flash, I made the mistake of saying Yes once and bricked my laptop prior_ I hope others get as lucky as I did and got theirs repaired under warranty. Forgot the rep I talked to, but I told him I bricked it doing a flash and he just said, send it in for repairs and that was that =]

If you want to flash your BIOS make sure it is size 6144kb, NO larger, NO less

The BIOS file you download off the ASUS support website is like a few kilobyte larger but this BIOS is flashed differently and can only be used via Asus EZFlash or Winflash, now with this BIOS, its made to retain your original Windows 8 Key and Original Laptop Serial number. I don't know how it does it but it just does so that BIOS file flashes in a completely different way.

FTK doesn't flash like Asus EZFlash and Winflash, instead FTK just completely flashes the BIOS file to the BIOS Chip. Meaning if the BIOS file size is 6144kb it flashes 6144kb to the Chip, if its 6146kb it will flash 6146kb to the chip, it completely avoids the steps that Asus EZFlash and Winflash would take to retain your original Windows 8 Key or Laptop Serial Number, so this is what causes the Brick and when you brick with FTK, there is no way to recover unless you replace motherboard or BIOS CHIP. Asus EZFlash and Winflash seems to only flash 6144kb to the BIOS chip whether the file is 6146kb or not, it only flashes 6144kb to the Chip (it does something I don't know lol)

Its confusing to explain but I hope someone gets it.

• 2 weeks later...

It was soo easy, i just hitted enter at a command prompt.. :D

ASUS service rewrited the BIOS in three hour. Late afternoon i bringed it to service, next day lunch time i got it back :)

Now i have an important project, after i finishid with this job i will try it again. Thanks for the infos how to do it!

• 3 weeks later...

hi

link to my bios

rog g75vx

32gb ram

clocked with prem mod bios and again with htuner's gpu mod

but i dunno little changes i made and maybe can be oc correctly cpu, ram and gpu...

thanks for prem and htuner and for anyone willing to help

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder

Some results of my friends.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VX score: P6036 3DMarks

post-11295-14494995406164_thumb.jpeg

post-11295-14494995406286_thumb.jpeg

ASUS G75VX .206 BIOS

i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz

GTX 670MX (3GB) O/C 900/2400 Base by Klem

24GB DDR3 1600Mhz

2x 512 Crucial M4 SSD RAID0

Win 8 64bit

Not bad. In fact the same GTX680M at stock frequencies.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an ASUS G75VX with an nVidia GTX670MX

I downloaded the AMIBCP (http://www.sendspace.com/file/owfsdf) and I changed the settings I want to be available from Default to USER but they aren't showing up still.

Do I need to choose Supervisor or Extended User? Or do I have to do anything else that I missed?

I used FTK (http://www.sendspace.com/folder/gszbrf) to dump and flash, and made a simple DOS USB drive (http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1726429 Step 4)

fpt -d bios.rom -BIOS <-- Dump command

fpt -f mod.rom -BOIS <-- Flash command

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
You need a little tool to make your keyboard working back again. Let me know if you can't find it, I will povide a mirror download link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. I have the same problem, G75VW + bios 223 and no backlit, can't revert to older versions and prefer to no risk using winflash /nodate option. I make backup with 6144kb size and need some advice, how can I turn backlit again or where to find those "little tool"?

Regards

You need a little tool to make your keyboard working back again. Let me know if you can't find it, I will povide a mirror download link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. can You please help with this backlit issue on G75VW? I want to try bios revert from 223 to any lower but any official tools wan't allow downgrade, winflash /nodata is too risky, method of Gary Key found on forum also won't work (can't write device or something similiar shows).

Regards

• 2 months later...
Hey. What need a tool/program to flash the BIOS mod?

Now c'mon, really? Even I know this, and I know next to nothing about modding/overclocking. I am just patiently waiting until the magical 5 post day when I can finally DL the files I need to mod my G75VW bios, and my 670m vbios. It's so frustrating waiting, especially since I have ADHD.... AAAArgh

Hey guys, don't worry: I've taken care of EVERYTHING you need to know about OverClocking your ASUS G75VX Laptop.

Just do a Google Search for these literal 3 words: "ASUS G75VX Unlock" to find my post on another forum, that apparently isn't allowed to be mentioned in any way what so ever.

I hope you all enjoy what you are about to learn.