Prema Mod BIOS GPU OC Edition for MSI GE-Series

Could anyone aid me in flashing these bios files? I know how to install the msi official upgrades easily but I just can't seem to get a rufus dos formatted drive to boot into DOS mode to flash these OC revisions. What is the step by step by those of you who have successfully flashed these? Thank you.

We need to know your exct model and current BIOS version.

Hey guys, question for you on windows 8 x64. I have flashed the required bios E16GAIMS.514 using the msi efi boot USB. My question is, how do I boot to "pure dos" to flash this modified gpu bios? I have looked all over and I can't figure out how to boot windows 8 to a c:\ dos prompt? God I miss windows 7

- - - Updated - - -

Could anyone aid me in flashing these bios files? I know how to install the msi official upgrades easily but I just can't seem to get a rufus dos formatted drive to boot into DOS mode to flash these OC revisions. What is the step by step by those of you who have successfully flashed these? Thank you.

Having the same issue on windows 8... There is no boot to command prompt (c:\) besides the recovery command prompt x:\.

Hey guys, question for you on windows 8 x64. I have flashed the required bios E16GAIMS.514 using the msi efi boot USB. My question is, how do I boot to "pure dos" to flash this modified gpu bios? I have looked all over and I can't figure out how to boot windows 8 to a c:\ dos prompt? God I miss windows 7

- - - Updated - - -

Having the same issue on windows 8... There is no boot to command prompt (c:\) besides the recovery command prompt x:\.

I've tried myself to flash these from the instructions on the first page but to no avail. If anyone could please guide us on how to correctly flash these I would happily donate for your troubles.

OK, OP updated with Win8 versions that are flashed directly from within Windows! :)

YOU STILL MUST UPDATE TO THE LATEST STOCK WIN8 BIOS THAT IS LINKED IN THE FIRST POST BEFORE FLASHING THE WIN 8 OC MOD BIOS.

ENJOY! :)

OK, OP updated with Win8 versions that are flashed directly from within Windows! :)

YOU STILL MUST UPDATE TO THE LATEST STOCK WIN8 BIOS THAT IS LINKED IN THE FIRST POST BEFORE FLASHING THE WIN 8 OC MOD BIOS.

ENJOY! :)

Thank you Prema!

I have downloaded the GE60_E16GAIMS.514_WIN8_OC and the fpt.exe now loads in Windows 8. However I am stumped on what the next steps are as whatever I try to do it doesn't seem to be working. What are the exact steps I have to take for a successful flash? I have never used these tools before so sorry for the inconvenience.

- Double click on step1.bat

- Double click on step2.exe (depending on your security settings you may right click and select "run as admin")

- Double click on step3.bat

- Reboot & ENJOY! :)

- Double click on step1.bat

- Double click on step2.exe (depending on your security settings you may right click and select "run as admin")

- Double click on step3.bat

- Reboot & ENJOY! :)

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have attempted to do it as well as through elevated cmd prompt tool. If I do it the way you suggest by clicking step1.bat it opens but immediately quits even when run as an administrator.

Through the cmd prompt it loads but as soon as it does I get the "Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).

*EDIT*

After playing around a bit I have managed to successfully flash the custom BIOS. Thanks Prema for all your work!

Now just to find the right clock speeds for gaming :)

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have attempted to do it as well as through elevated cmd prompt tool. If I do it the way you suggest by clicking step1.bat it opens but immediately quits even when run as an administrator.

Through the cmd prompt it loads but as soon as it does I get the "Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).

Set the fpt.exe to compatibility mode Windows 7

Disable your anti virus software, if it's a crappy software it will block the PCIe driver even though it is signed...

Still having issues myself. I double click fpt, and it says invalid parameter and closes. What is the command line I need to enter to flash? Thanks! *****Edit- Fixed

• 1 month later...

BTW, I have a GE60 0ND-042US model. In addition to my previous post, I have one more question. I've been doing some testing and monitoring in terms of temps of my laptop and when I have my CPU at 100% in the processor power management for my power plan, the CPU can get into the 90s (celsius) and the GPU at the high 80s. I've had to lower it down to approx. 70% so that my CPU and GPU temps remain in the 80s while gaming (Just got Borderlands 2 and trying to to overdo it on the gaming since I have my medical board exam coming up next month...heheh). Has anybody who used this unlocked bios done any benchmarking of their stock temps before and after overclocking? And I know that each laptop is different, but for whoever wants to chime in, what is your sweet spot in terms of balancing OC frequency with decent GPU temps?

I used NvidiaInspector and I suggest to use it.

AS about temperature... In games it is VERY rare that I7 will be used at 100%. So you should monitor them while playing with GPU-z for example and the checking MAX temp.

Just clean the fan and blow the grill, put thermal paste like MX-4 and all should be fine.

I have an msi gt60-one model nb and I dont know if this is the right thread though.. I would like to ask guru Prema regarding bios mods

@Prema

... Is it possible to add gpu id of nvidia gtx 7XXm in bios so that it would be PNP when I want to upgrade my mxm gpu in the near future? Some people successfully installed an nvidia gtx780m with this model and manually changed some settings (thru bios and drivers?) If its possible can you mod a bios for MSI-GT60-one model? Many thanks

I have an msi gt60-one model nb and I dont know if this is the right thread though.. I would like to ask guru Prema regarding bios mods

@Prema

... Is it possible to add gpu id of nvidia gtx 7XXm in bios so that it would be PNP when I want to upgrade my mxm gpu in the near future? Some people successfully installed an nvidia gtx780m with this model and manually changed some settings (thru bios and drivers?) If its possible can you mod a bios for MSI-GT60-one model? Many thanks

GT series do not have gpu ids because MXM cards have its own video bios. Very good if you find gpu with msi vidwobios but i do not know if you will be able to boot with anotuer one.

Can I overclock the processor and graphics card without flashing the BIOS?

Yes, you can but only +135Mhz for vcore. It is limit.

memory can be oc without limits. (safe value for my GTX660m is +500Mhz)

CPU cannot be oc, because i5-3210m, i5-3230m, i7-3610m, i7-3630m are locked CPUs (multiplier). Maybe with BLCK ~ +5%, but not worth it.

So.. If this mod will change some bytes in BIOS and I wanna send nb to RMA, simply reflash BIOS on official will recovery vbios for my GTX660m? I do not want to lose warranty.

is there a way to get past +135 limit on core clock? -msi ge 60 0nd, gtx660m. i used the bios mod for win8 (thanks prema!) using msi after burner i could reach (turbo boost) +135 on core clock and +600 on memory clock (no artifacts and temp does not go beyond 76C - using deepcool multicore x6 cooling pad). In Nvidia inspector, the unlock min and unlock max is greyed out. thanks.

is there a way to get past +135 limit on core clock? -msi ge 60 0nd, gtx660m. i used the bios mod for win8 (thanks prema!) using msi after burner i could reach (turbo boost) +135 on core clock and +600 on memory clock (no artifacts and temp does not go beyond 76C - using deepcool multicore x6 cooling pad). In Nvidia inspector, the unlock min and unlock max is greyed out. thanks.

Please post a GPU-z screenshot. And NvidiaInspector screenshot too.

• Guest locked this topic