Prema Mod BIOS GPU OC Edition for MSI GE-Series

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Prema!

Could you please help me, I got a problem with unstable gpu usage in games. I flashed your mod and it doesn't solve the problem.

I found solution on MSI forum, they just flashed custom EC firmware to reduce throttling and increase GPU performance, BUT there is firmware only for GT60.

How can I fix it on GE60 ?

BIOS: E16GAIMS.10F and EC: 16GAEMS1 v4.04.

Thank you.

Hi, Prema!

Could you please help me, I got a problem with unstable gpu usage in games. I flashed your mod and it doesn't solve the problem.

I found solution on MSI forum, they just flashed custom EC firmware to reduce throttling and increase GPU performance, BUT there is firmware only for GT60.

How can I fix it on GE60 ?

BIOS: E16GAIMS.10F and EC: 16GAEMS1 v4.04.

Thank you.

Clean fan and repaste GPU/CPU.

Hi, Prema. It's kinda strangebut I still have questions about ge60 0OC.. When I try to flash mod bios (win 8.1) and click on step1.bat it shows "unable to run 16-bit windows program (fpt.exe)". What can be the reason? thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello Prema.

I'm quite new to this so please keep that in mind.

Currently I am running Windows 10 on my MSI GE70 with a gtx 860m and would really like to get the 135 limit to go away With that said, would these modded bios work on my pc? I'm hesitant because I dont want a bricked pc, but then again who does?

Additional Info: Current bios (as by CPUZ) E1759IMS.520

Thanks ahead of time.

• Bios Modder
Hello Prema.

I'm quite new to this so please keep that in mind.

Currently I am running Windows 10 on my MSI GE70 with a gtx 860m and would really like to get the 135 limit to go away With that said, would these modded bios work on my pc? I'm hesitant because I dont want a bricked pc, but then again who does?

Additional Info: Current bios (as by CPUZ) E1759IMS.520

Thanks ahead of time.

No, don't try flash this bios! This mod bios only for old model GE60/70 with GT650M and GTX660M.

• 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
7 hours ago, Quipper said:

Hello,

why i cant download any bios?

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Hi! Just read User Account Promotions :   https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
9 hours ago, techinforno said:

hello boys&girls,

<EDITED>

Strange question. Are you carefully read User Account Promotions?

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, iTzZent said:

Hi Klem,

it´s possible to unlock the Bios for the GE60 (Haswell) Series with Maxwell GPU´s ? i ask for a friend, he has a GE60 2PE Apache Pro.

Many Thx

Of course it's possible.

• Bios Modder

For making unlock i need backup of bios from each laptop. And i need know exactly, what the settings exactly you want unlock in your bios. Check your PM.

Edited by Klem

• 3 months later...
  • Bios Modder
It depends on what the CPU in your laptop. If your CPU is  i5 4200M, then you can't enable VT-D.
Edited by Klem

Mhh, you are right. It´s an i5-4200.  Here we go! Next problem -  VT-X Support is gone.  Probably my fault.  I´ve updated the BIOS to E1757IMS.520. Bug or feature of MSI? 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Hope you are all well.

I've got MSI GE70 0NC running WIN 10 with E1756IMS.514 bios.

Today I found [Mini PCI-E Version] V8.0 EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock

and I want to connect it with my laptop. With this mode I need to disable laptop graphic card in bios.

In Bios menu under (switchable graphics) I can see only select for SG mode MUXLESS.

Is there any way how to disable laptop graphic with modded bios?

Many thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

[hide]

On 04.03.2013 at 2:22 PM, Prema said:

EDIT: OK, now I understand: the Turbo Boost doesn't work on stock vBIOS at all...LOL.

That's no problem once you use the mod you can raise the 3D clocks higher than stock Turbo Boost clocks:

1362171485-clip-178kb.jpg

OK, the MSI WIN8 security requires the BIOS to be flashed in a way, which I would have liked to avoid...I have pulled the WIN8 versions for the time being and will put something together once I find the time...

EDIT: alextech3110, check your PM for an alternative flash test

[/hide]

Hello everybody!

I have the same issues like  alextech3110 ,

Please give me suggestion to alternative FLASH method  way

Thank You

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, gazzac said:

[hide]

[/hide]

Hello everybody!

I have the same issues like  alextech3110 ,

Please give me suggestion to alternative FLASH method  way

Thank You

Hi!

Alternative FLASH method already discribed in README file, which placed in zip archive from the first page of this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest locked this topic