Lenovo Y500 $979

benmingli

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/ibmeppca/StdAffinityPortal/en_CA/special-offers.workflow:ShowPromo?LandingPage=/All/CA/Landing_pages/Promos/IdeaPad/weekly-sale&cid=EDM_20130214_NA_CA_AFF_TP_PresidentsDay_MC&RRID=213748891&esrc=EPI2

i7-3632QM 2.2G(with VT-d, 35W)

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 2GB

1TB 5400rpm + 16GB_SSD

I choose i7-3632 since I want to play with virtual machines. If you are into great 3D games, be sure to get the SLI version from NEWEGG only $1049

Newegg.com - lenovo IdeaPad Y500 (59359557) Notebook Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz) 15.6" 8GB Memory DDR3 1600 1TB HDD 5400rpm Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLI

[h=1]lenovo IdeaPad Y500 (59359557) Notebook Intel Core i7 3630QM(2.40GHz) 15.6" 8GB Memory DDR3 1600 1TB HDD 5400rpm Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLI[/h]

Equipped w/ Dual NVIDIA Geforce GT650M SLI

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got mine from there official website but got it on sale, on memorial for 850$ after taxes 980$, it was the 750 configuration, I suggest if you cant find a on sale one threw the outlet you just wait for a sale, they are having a great back to school sale right now. I check out the website often just to piggy back on my buy see if I got best deal, and they are always having sales especially during holidays so if you can I would hold out for one of them. I suggest buying direct rather then other websites ie (tigerdirect,newegg) simple cause you have a 30 day Easy return if your not happy with it and 1year warrenty direct threw them. Also one of the main operators of this website svl7 has done some awesome work on unlocking the bios for the y500 tested and true (def throw him a few $ for the work he did) so you can add a different wifi card and overclock it. I am in college work for a small cpu company doing hardware repairs so I am on the go a lot, and this laptop is great. Took a while to get used to the keyboard, and the touchpad is a little quirky but I use it mainly for gaming SC2, Diablo, CS:Go, League etc. and it handles them all very well, plus the slots to add another graphics card. In addition is slim (looking) and by design. Personally its preference, and I would love to have Razors (but $ ukno) and I see why people get MSI or Alienware but just tooo bulky for me. Between from my preferences of the Samsung gamer 7 and Toshiba Q, this laptop espically by price was the perfect fit. Again its all up to you at the end and remember if you purchase threw Lenovo website you can return it FULL refund as long as its with in 30Days. So how can you lose?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...